belly.gifOur Most Recent Success Storiesbelly.gif

June

May

Morningtide

cwill

Serenyd

erigeron

Please put all changes in bold!

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#2 of 87 Old 05-02-2013, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing and will come back later to respond about eating & hormones.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#3 of 87 Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM

I am still in the 2WW

I am increasingly convinced I am pregnant. The only other time I've had spotting like this was when I was pregnant with my daughter. But I'm trying not to get too sure before I get confirmation. 

I got some tests at Family Dollar but they were $4 a test, which works out to hardly less than my 30% discount on a 2-pack from the drugstore where I work. Here I was having these dreams of $1 tests, haha. No such luck. 

#4 of 87 Old 05-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Kind of funny how this thread has turned increasingly into the "how do I get myself to ovulate while nursing?" thread. Not very many of us cycling right now. 

#5 of 87 Old 05-03-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

Kind of funny how this thread has turned increasingly into the "how do I get myself to ovulate while nursing?" thread. Not very many of us cycling right now. 

^^^  This is definitely me!!  DS is now going through what I believe to be the 9 month sleep regression and showing no signs of dropping feeds any time soon.  But then again, I'm back in work 3 days a week from next week so we'll see if that has an impact.  I really hope it does!  I'd love to be cooking another little cutie.

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 partners.gif ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 babyf.gif ~ TTC another bundle of joy whilst breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming and raging against the routine. I love my unvaxxed boy novaxnocirc.gif
#6 of 87 Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 AM

Not pregnant. Back to Waiting to O

Sigh. Why do I bother?

#7 of 87 Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 AM

Sorry erigeron greensad.gif

Its the only thing that sucks about bf isn't it?

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 partners.gif ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 babyf.gif ~ TTC another bundle of joy whilst breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming and raging against the routine. I love my unvaxxed boy novaxnocirc.gif
#8 of 87 Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 PM

I'm TTC again since I lost my baby in March. Babydust to all. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#9 of 87 Old 05-03-2013, 08:37 PM

Welcome to the thread again, though I am sorry you had to return. Baby dust! 

#10 of 87 Old 05-04-2013, 01:03 PM

Hi everybody! I'm in the 2WW, but not feeling especially pregnant.  I won't test until the end of next week.  We just started TTC and I don't have a strong sense of urgency yet. 

My LO is 16 months and still nurses 2-5 times a day.  Once per night at most.  Sometimes he sleeps all night!  AF returned for me 4 months PP.  My cycles have been a wee bit long, but only by a day or two.  I'm interested to see how TTC goes.

#11 of 87 Old 05-04-2013, 01:35 PM

I'm spotting today first time since my son was born 24.5 months age, I'm hoping it is a sign AF is on her way.  24 moths is a long wait.

DS 4/11

#12 of 87 Old 05-04-2013, 08:08 PM

I'm now at 19 months waiting for ppaf. For at least 5 or 6 months, i've thought it was going to come, then nothing. On the 4 days a week that I work I don't breastfeed or nurse for 10-12 hours a day. I thought that would have been enough to quick start something. I'm starting to think I may have to wean to get pregnant.

Mother to a wonderful little girl, born Sept/2011 via h20homebirth.gif and enjoyingbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Currently belly.gif(EDD: February 2014)

#13 of 87 Old 05-05-2013, 01:18 AM

^^^ Its not looking good for me then is it???  DS is only 9 months old and I've got no intention of weaning him yet but I return to work 3 days a week next week and I was hoping that would start up my cycle again - probably not if I'm like everyone else on this thread greensad.gif  My only other breastfeeding colleague is currently pregnant with #2 and she told me it took them 15 months of trying - oh c**p.

#14 of 87 Old 05-05-2013, 04:41 PM

Hey there TheCrunchieBrit and other waiting mamas. After reading all these threads and others, it looks like it is very individual for when your period will return so please don't despair! The average for nursing is 14.5 months so maybe you will be lucky. Someone told me on this thread to follow my gut about night weaning... We chose not to wean and period came back last month at 17.5 months so now waiting to see what happens. Patience truly is a virtue I need to learn;) Positive thoughts and babydust to everyone here. Hopefully we don't all break our financial budgets testing with dollar store LH and HCG tests like mad:) Thanks for sharing.
#15 of 87 Old 05-05-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhada View Post

I'm now at 19 months waiting for ppaf. For at least 5 or 6 months, i've thought it was going to come, then nothing. On the 4 days a week that I work I don't breastfeed or nurse for 10-12 hours a day. I thought that would have been enough to quick start something. I'm starting to think I may have to wean to get pregnant.

It's worrisome isn't it? I'm kind of at that point. If nursing only twice a day doesn't bring AF back, I can't cut back much more without weaning. I never thought I would be in this position (wanting to wean for another baby, and not to for this one). I don't know what lies int he months ahead, but one strategy we are going with is to set a not-before date. We won't wean before July, then we'll re-evaluate. This helps me not think about it too much now. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrunchyBrit View Post

^^^ Its not looking good for me then is it???  DS is only 9 months old and I've got no intention of weaning him yet but I return to work 3 days a week next week and I was hoping that would start up my cycle again - probably not if I'm like everyone else on this thread greensad.gif  My only other breastfeeding colleague is currently pregnant with #2 and she told me it took them 15 months of trying - oh c**p.

Like MM said, it's *really* individual. Some mamas get AF back even while babe is nursing all day and night. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Michael View Post

Hey there TheCrunchieBrit and other waiting mamas. After reading all these threads and others, it looks like it is very individual for when your period will return so please don't despair! The average for nursing is 14.5 months so maybe you will be lucky. Someone told me on this thread to follow my gut about night weaning... We chose not to wean and period came back last month at 17.5 months so now waiting to see what happens. Patience truly is a virtue I need to learn;) Positive thoughts and babydust to everyone here. Hopefully we don't all break our financial budgets testing with dollar store LH and HCG tests like mad:) Thanks for sharing.

Very well said. Were they any changes to your nursing pattern when AF came?

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#16 of 87 Old 05-05-2013, 06:54 PM

My AF came back when I was still nursing all the time at home and pumping twice a day during the 3 days a week I worked. My daughter was almost 11 months old. 

#17 of 87 Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM

Originally, I wanted to nurse as long as DD wanted and hopefully tandum nurse. With no PPAF in sight though, I'm not sure. Part of me wants to make it till 2 years old. If I make it till 2 and I need to wean to get pregnant I might be okay with it. Then again, I'd really like to he pregnant before that. It certainly is worrisome for me to be beyond the average months pp that af returns and to be considering weaning as a solution.

Mother to a wonderful little girl, born Sept/2011 via h20homebirth.gif and enjoyingbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Currently belly.gif(EDD: February 2014)

#18 of 87 Old 05-05-2013, 09:46 PM

My condolences Serenyd. Thanks for the new thread SoCaliMommy! Interesting stuff RosieL! DH and I are on a weight loss/get-fit mission these days. I'm currently 20lbs less than I was when I conceived DD but I was quite overweight then. I've got about 15lbs to lose to put me right in the middle range of a healthy bmi. We are still trying, even though I'd like to get fit and have a healthier pregnancy than my last one, a baby would be welcome any time. I have been working a lot. It's gradually increased from 20hrs a week in march up to 40+ a week this month. I stopped pumping about 3 weeks ago but still no signs of fertility at all. DD is almost 13 months and still nursing as much as she can, probably 6x a day and frequently at night. This new health kick combined with all the extra work has really made life insanely busy. I'm missing DD so much and I'm looking forward to cutting back to maybe 4 days of work a week when my boss gets back from vacation in 3 weeks... So Tired! Baby dust to all <3
#19 of 87 Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Like MM said, it's *really* individual. Some mamas get AF back even while babe is nursing all day and night. 

Yep, I was a SAHM, EBF, nursing every 2-3 hours when I got AF back.  At the time, I was disappointed - it was so ridiculously early, but I suppose I was lucky.  DS did go through a kind of nursing strike prior to me getting AF.  He still nursed quite a bit, but would adamantly refuse if he was awake.  So I nursed him as he fell asleep and he continued to nurse well at night.  I've wondered since if he was striking because my milk changed due to impending AF or if AF arrived because he went on strike.

#20 of 87 Old 05-06-2013, 11:53 AM

Can I be Moved to waiting to O - After 24.5 mo AF finally decided to make her first appearance, I'm so excited.  Now I just need to get more OPK's and start temping again.  I'm hoping I will ovulate regularly.  We will soon see.  DS just recently started occasionally sleeping through the night.  He still wakes most nights but just once now instead of multiple times.  He also has mostly cut out his after daycare feed, because playing outside is much more fun. (if we are inside due to rain he still nurses) So we went from 4-6x per day to 2-4x per day.  Also this is the first time since DS was born that my iron levels have been back in the normal range.  I get my blood tested every 3 mo due to my thyroid.  I had a severe pp hemorage and it took a long time for my iron to get back to normal.  I wonder if that was partly what made it take so long to come back.

RosieL likes this.

DS 4/11

#21 of 87 Old 05-07-2013, 04:14 AM

Right well DS decided to have a mini nursing strike yesterday - only lasted 16 hours but I leaked constantly despite pumping.  It's clear he feeds like a demon (no way I'd get pregnant keeping that up) but I'm going back to work tomorrow so wish me luck!

#22 of 87 Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 AM

Hello everybody new here...... Wanted to know if anybody had light bleeding but achy cramps all in legs for long days. I had some sort of period bleeding on the day it was due, but lasted for a day but since then little spotting pink and cramping cant stand for long, not tested yet waiting .......... One more thing my boobs r sort of sore till now aching little but not nipples they r still not that hard plz help does anybody think i m pregnant ?
#23 of 87 Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Yep, this thread proves that AF's return seems utterly unpredictable! 

Yesterday I had some sharp cramps in my pelvis and I at one time yelped in pain and grinned with anticipation. DH thought I was crazy, but I explained that maybe this means my uterus is waking up from its hibernation!

#24 of 87 Old 05-08-2013, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Updated List To Here

Serenyd~ I'm so sorry for your loss  hug.gif

Harlan turned 18 months old and still no sign of AF, this is the longest i've gone without Af. I'm assuming it's partly because he nurses a bunch during the night still and even during the day.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#25 of 87 Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 PM

RosieL - I had some pains like that before AF returned.

DS 4/11

#26 of 87 Old 05-09-2013, 03:34 AM

Hello everyone!  I am new here and not officially TTC as I am nursing my 14-month-old (Baby #3) and wanted to wait just a bit longer; however since Tuesday I have been feeling symptoms that just really make me think I am pregnant. I haven't had my period back yet since having my baby and test is negative, so hard to know. BUT my breasts are extremely tender and I feel achy and crampy in my abdomen.....at first I thought period was starting but it's been three days. I will be happy either way but I must confess, I am a little excited.  And so I wait. Glad to have you all to wait with :)

#27 of 87 Old 05-09-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

Updated List To Here

Serenyd~ I'm so sorry for your loss  hug.gif

Thanks. I'm in my 2WW, 5dpo. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#28 of 87 Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM

Welcome ChristinaMama!

I feel like a crazy person. DH commented on my cervical fluid today...the TTC translation was that it was very fertile fluid. blush.gif I tested. Ridiculous (fertile CM doesn't point to pregnant)? Absolutely. Could I stop myself? Absolutely not. Having the 25 cent cheapies has downsides. 

#29 of 87 Old 05-09-2013, 10:18 AM

Still no AF here. But still not really feeling pregnant either. I don't have any tests so I guess I'll pick some up today or tomorrow.  It's really dumb - at the closest grocery store to me, the pregnancy tests are locked up and you have to ask a pharmacist to get them out for you.  There's nothing shameful about buying pregnancy tests, but it's still, like... none of their business?  And I hate having to ask.  Weird on their part and silly on mine, but that's how I feel!

ChristinaMama, my boobs hurt the worst when I O.  So maybe AF is returning, but you've got a couple more weeks to go?

RosieL, I cannot imagine DH noticing my cervical fluid.  He wants nothing to do with it!  Haha! 

#30 of 87 Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 PM

Hi everyone. As I am almost ending my 2WW, I've decided that if needed to this month that I may splurge for a hopefully more sensitive drug store OPK version instead of the dollar store ones I have been using. Same time each day and was careful with water consumption but ya know us breastfeeding mamas need to hydrate especially in warm weather days:) This month of first menses post partum: my OPK only ever got slightly dark which means negative for 10 days in a row, my BBT was inconclusive and I am just figuring out this whole checking CM thing. So still don't know if or when I ovulated.
Rosie L... You asked a few days ago if our routine changed for BF, and yes it did a fair bit as we did a big move. We stayed with family too and I let him skip a.m. naps for social play for almost two weeks in our new community. He still drank as much throughout day but I guess missed the a.m. 20 minute nurse to sleep. I still think my menses returning was more psychological and weight related but could have been he prolactin too.
CrunchyBrit... Hope your first day back at work was a gentle one.
Babydust to all of you.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page