The TTC One Thread - May Flowers and BFP's - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 117 Old 05-30-2013, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Oh sorry. I'm on my phone, so it's a bit hard to see.

If you hubster is willing, trying one more time probably won't hurt. Skipping a day won't ruin anything either. Interestingly, I've been told that daily ejaculation can actually diminish a sperm supply somewhat if a man's body is not accustomed to it. It's also not great for men with low sperm counts. Of course, I'm not saying that's your situation. Lots of ladies get their BFP with daily BDing at their fertile time. I hope you are one of them. love.gif

Hang in there. I've been TTC this time around for over a year, too. Have you considered seeing a RE for an evaluation?

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#92 of 117 Old 05-30-2013, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdahekawi View Post

Can I join?

We've been TTC #1 for just over 3 years. We gave up for about a year and just didn't prevent but I got pregnant out of the blue and unfortunately lost it at 6 weeks. But I'm more hopeful now because that's the first time in three years I've gotten pregnant at all, so we're back to charting, supplements etc. in hopes that things are ready to cooperate. I had undiagnosed Celiac and I've been gluten free for a year now so I think the fact that I no longer have multiple vitamin deficiencies might have something to do with it. I'm CD 20 and still waiting to O but I have long cycles anyway and CD 1 was when I miscarried so I'm not concerned, starting to move towards fertile signs so I'm betting I'll ovulate by Monday.

I'm very sorry to hear that and I wish you the best of luck!

#93 of 117 Old 05-30-2013, 06:08 PM

Hey again mamablue, back in February I went to go see a fertility doctor. Actually this was the second time I've seen him. I went to go see him with my son but I got pregnant on my own so I didn't have to do any treatments. I was hoping to go through the same thing this time around but no go. So this doctors protocol is you do the same treatment for 3 cycles. Which I did and it didnt work. So because its intense I figured I would take a month off. Plus I've been pretty busy with my sister in law getting married.

As for My dh he has no issues with his boys so we are good in that department 😊. We don't usually go 6 days in a row so I started to panic when u wrote that guys sperm can do the opposite. So I'm wondering if I should skip tonight. Oh man. I would love to get pregnant on my own again.
#94 of 117 Old 05-30-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

Congrats, Jese!  That is so exciting.  All the fatigue and such are the things I'm most not looking forward to with #3.  BUT, we can do it.

How in the world did you know what TIME you ovulated?  I emailed that research group who wants women TTC right now and they said you have to take a saliva sample and fill out the survey on the day you ovulate.  I wrote back and asked them how the average woman is supposed to know when she ovulates.  I chart, but even with temps I don't know for sure until the day after.

jayray, i can feel when i ovulate. it is a twingy ache, followed by a big ache for 6-12hours. I never felt it before kids, then i felt it a bit after my first. now i feel it strongly, it hurts. i think my ovaries have toughened up after all the baby trauma. otherwise, it is a best guess based on CF and temps. i am also fairly consistent with my cycle and can usually make an educated guess as to the day. 

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Expecting again! Due October 22/2014.
#95 of 117 Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 PM

Hello Ladies! I'm not really new to MDC, although I'm new to the new look! 

Anyway, it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I last posted but I'm back because we're TTC #1 FINALLY and I'm super excited! I'm currently in the TWW (4dpo - have had some mild cramp-like symptoms that I hope mean implantation!) and I'm going to do my best to make myself wait till 10dpo (next Wed) before I POAS.

I have a short-ish LP, so I'm actually due to get my period on 13dpo, so testing early isn't too crazy for me to do energy.gif

This being my first 2WW, I am going NUTS over here!! But trying to stay grounded.

Me: 29, DH: 28 Expecting babyf.gif#1 and planning ahomebirth.jpg - looking forward to being an AP, moderately crunchy mama!

#96 of 117 Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lisa - I hope your efforts give you and your husband a reason to celebrate very soon. A natural cycle baby would be exciting!

AFM - I'm considering my first Letrizole/IUI cycle to officially be a bust tomorrow at 16dpt/14dpiui. I've been spotting and testing negative for the last few days, so tomorrow's official BFN will not be a surprise. Just waiting for AF to show up. I've never experienced a failed IUI before, so this stings. I've had failed clomid cycles and cancelled injectable cycles, but the one IUI I had had ended up with DD2. I feel like my body is broken. Time to pamper myself a bit and surround myself and my family with good food and good friends. I'll worry about next cycle when it arrives.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#97 of 117 Old 05-31-2013, 06:37 AM

Well here is a little update. DH and I decided to go for it again last night. Yaay...again thinking that's it, we can give ourselves a break...I POAS again this morning and it came back even darker then the test line. So all I was thinking was COME ONNNN!!!!! I have gotten positive opk's every days for 4 days straight! What the heck!!!!! But I decided I can't go another time tonight...I am exhausted. I figured if it was meant to be it can still happen...I hopepraying.gif

#98 of 117 Old 05-31-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsM View Post

Hello Ladies! I'm not really new to MDC, although I'm new to the new look! 

Anyway, it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I last posted but I'm back because we're TTC #1 FINALLY and I'm super excited! I'm currently in the TWW (4dpo - have had some mild cramp-like symptoms that I hope mean implantation!) and I'm going to do my best to make myself wait till 10dpo (next Wed) before I POAS.

I have a short-ish LP, so I'm actually due to get my period on 13dpo, so testing early isn't too crazy for me to do energy.gif

This being my first 2WW, I am going NUTS over here!! But trying to stay grounded.

Welcome back MrsM! 

Waiting is the hardest part for me.  I am 7dpo and trying so hard to wait 5 more days before testing.  I hope to hear good news from you soon. thumb.gif

#99 of 117 Old 05-31-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisab82 View Post

Hey again mamablue, back in February I went to go see a fertility doctor. Actually this was the second time I've seen him. I went to go see him with my son but I got pregnant on my own so I didn't have to do any treatments. I was hoping to go through the same thing this time around but no go. So this doctors protocol is you do the same treatment for 3 cycles. Which I did and it didnt work. So because its intense I figured I would take a month off. Plus I've been pretty busy with my sister in law getting married.

As for My dh he has no issues with his boys so we are good in that department 😊. We don't usually go 6 days in a row so I started to panic when u wrote that guys sperm can do the opposite. So I'm wondering if I should skip tonight. Oh man. I would love to get pregnant on my own again.

I know the general idea is usually to skip a day or even skip every other day to "conserve" the sperm but my sister got pregnant with her second by BD 3x/day the week before ovulation. ROTFLMAO.gif  BIL had just got back from a year long deployment so it was their first cycle trying.

This will be our 4th cycle trying (I'm still waiting to O) and we've been BD'ing 1x/day every day.  Got a BFP cycle #2 but it turned out to be a chemical.  Our method this cycle is going to be 1x/day until I get a + OPK and then as much as humanly possible for 3 days. lol  If that doesn't work, I'm going to try soy isoflavones for a few cycles. 

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#100 of 117 Old 06-02-2013, 06:33 PM

Hi all! Been gone for 2 1/2 years as my first pregnancy started in dec 2010. I'm back now TTC #2. Planning to skip the charting this time around and just track cervical fluid, bd, etc. last time I thinks got a little to OCD about the charting. Hoping a relaxed attitude will help us TTC faster. MDD took 5 months which I know isn't that bad, but I'm ready for #2 now! Knowing myself I will likely only be able to hold off on charting for a cycle or two but maybe that's enough! Nice to meet everyone!
#101 of 117 Old 06-02-2013, 07:44 PM

Hi everyone,
I was doing some reading about having a short luteal phase and how that could affect fertility. Does anyone have knowledge or advice on this subject? My luteal phase was 9 - 10 days this month. I am new to the site and have been learning so much! Thanks!
#102 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Hello, I know I haven't written in a couple months- we have been struggling- for me its emotional/mental-- trying not to over think or worry and for my husband- he has been sick off and on which doesn't make it any easier. We took a little bit of a break and we both seem to be doing alittle bit better now. I am still struggling with everyone else getting pregnant/having kids- I have been withdrawing a bit from other people. I have been somewhere between trying to avoid anything about babies to wanting to read/watch anything related to babies. Its a weird place to be in. We have a doctor's appt. scheduled for June 25th and we will get a referral to the fertility clinic. 

Best wishes for everyone! Seeing so much success on here gives me real hope for the near future.

Me 28, DH 30 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
#103 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 09:59 AM

welcome tinytina, hope you get your bfp soon. it is a rollercoaster of emotions TTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnylou422 View Post

Hi everyone,
I was doing some reading about having a short luteal phase and how that could affect fertility. Does anyone have knowledge or advice on this subject? My luteal phase was 9 - 10 days this month. I am new to the site and have been learning so much! Thanks!

linnylou, i have 9-10 day luteal phase and have never had trouble conceiving. its plenty of time for implantation. with my first two i did have light spotting right when i was expecting AF. they may have just squeaked in there. my new BFP i've had no spotting and implanted 5DPO. If you want to lengthen it then use b#6 and vitex, it can take 2-3 months. also temping to see if it holds up through the whole luteal phase and getting your progesterone checked after ovulation. some women take progesterone as a supplement to help. i see it as a good thing, the two week wait is a lot shorter! good luck. 

someone should make a June thread! jayray? i'm moving on to my DDC. :) baby dust ladies! hope some of you join me for a February baby!

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Expecting again! Due October 22/2014.
#104 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 PM

I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday and probably won't be spending much time in the Internet for those two weeks! Otherwise I would! I guess I could start one, just wouldn't be able to maintain.
#105 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 PM

I am 5 dpo today. Been TTC since end May 2012. Tis is my first cycle on chlomid, day 3-7, 50 mg. No side effects whatsoever except slept like a baby during those days. Having crazy food cravings since yesterday and attributing such to chlomid. Anyone in the same boat?
#106 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 02:19 PM

I am happy to take over the thread and make a new one for June, unless of course someone else wants to, I don't want to step on any toeswinky.gif so if your heart was set on managing June, please do!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#107 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Thanks! That is encouraging. :) My AF was supposed to show on Sunday, had some heavy spotting Sat. morning so I thought I was out of the TWW. :( More spotting Sunday and a bit today but no AF.  This is torture! My hopes are getting up all over again, right when I had accepted that this wasn't our month.  Just took a test, BFN, so confused...I am 11DPO. 

#108 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 06:27 PM

Hello everyone! My name is Dee, and I'm new to this site. I've been reading a lot of you ladies post, and I must say I've found a lot of encouragement in such a short time from you all. My first pregnancy resulted in a still birth in 2006 so I was fearful to try again. I finally found the strength this year to TTC. For most of this year my hubby and I have been trying every month, and then finally we decided to take a break. Well this month AF didn't come on the due date (and I'm never late) the 2nd and 3rd day very lite spotting only when I wipe. Day 4 and 5 AF was slightly heavier than day 3 with minor cramping, but not normal period flow. I've been very tired lately, frequent restroom trips, and my lower back aches....could this be it? I'm I pregnant???
#109 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM

Hope you all didn't mind me joining the forum 😊
#110 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 06:38 PM

Sending good thoughts your way Dee!

#111 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM

Thank you so much linnylou422
#112 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM

linnylou422 I would give it a few more days for the HCG to proliferate! It sounds like you possibly had implantation bleeding and that is when the placenta starts to produce HCG. FX and baby dust your way.

DeeBaby Sorry to here about your still birth.

If a test comes up negative I would just pass it off as a lite flow cycle. There are many reasons that this can happen. Recent illness, anovulatory cycle...etc, I would also make a doctors appointment to make sure everything is okay.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#113 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 07:02 PM

thanks seattlemomma for your response. I will remain positive and I have made a Dr's appt. so prayerfully all is well
#114 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 PM

Thanks Seattlemama, I am trying so hard to be patient!

#115 of 117 Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 PM

I would love it if someone started a June thread!  I'm just so excited to be moved from "waiting to be ready" to "waiting to O!"  TTC #3 has begun!  My heart is with all the others that have been on their journey for longer and I hope all of us have babes in arms next year!  joy.gif  (I used a lot of exclamation points.  I must be excited.)

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

#116 of 117 Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Ladies the June thread is up and running! Please let me know where to put you in BOLD. The last thread wasn't maintained for three weeks and I have no idea who needs to go where. TeaJunkie I got you covered.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1384543/the-ttc-one-thread-june-2013

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#117 of 117 Old 06-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Hi Ladies! Our wedding has come and gone (Got married on Sunday! Woohoo!) but still not AF yet. I'm due tomorrow, have had some light cramping and not spotting but I'm not sure what's what at this point. I've been tracking everything like crazy, even the weird breast tenderness I had for almost a week about two weeks ago. We DTD twice a day (I'm on overachiever) during my fertile week leading up to ovulation. I'm going to stay positive and just wait to see red. 

In the meantime, I may pull back from tracking and just let things happen as they happen. 

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page