May TWW Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-05-2013, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am starting the May TWW thread even though I got my AF. It's a new month with new possibilities.

MamaBlue: I am sorry your AF showed her face also. Yes we will meet back here in 2 weeks. I am feeling less ambivalent about things now. I was just cranky and frustrated the other day. My best friend reminded me that I was just like this when we were trying for our DD last time.

Primal: I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm going the relax route this month it's my second month ttc. Not sure when I'll ovulate so I'm just gonna let it happen
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Hey ladies! We too are trying to conceive as well. I just stopped by BCPs about two weeks ago and AF is here (ugh!angry.gif) but that means that we can start truly planning and working towards conceiving another little one. 

Has everyone started on prenatal vitamins yet?

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 05-05-2013, 09:32 PM

I keep calculating wrong, tomorrow is 10dpo (so does that mean I can poas at midnight? ha. seriously though, I am embarrassed by the amount of tests I've taken in the 2 months we've been TTC).

I just bought a frer digital and line test, and a store brand test. I've been taking the internet cheapies but I ran out. I'm really trying to hold out until tomorrow

So far I have had waves of nausea on and off, dull lower abdomen cramping and low backache, my cervix is closed, and lots of creamy white CM, sometimes it's stretchy, and I had a "glob" one day. 

Before O I was drinking green tea every night. I'm now just taking a prenatal daily. Before that I was doing red raspberry leaf capsules and just folic acid.

I'm crossing my fingers. I reeeeally want a winter baby! If it's not this month then next month. I'll be O'ing around the date of my wedding, perfect timing for a night at a B&B anyway!

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

Old 05-06-2013, 11:48 AM

Negative digital frer today. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. CP is still high and soft, and creamy CM. I was really hopeful this cycle but now I'm discouraged. Next month I'm going to just BD every other day after AF gets here (if she does. I don't feel like she's coming, I'm just assuming at this point she will) for two weeks. Maybe that will work.

Elijah Mercury (7/2009), TTC #2 with my new soon to be DH! Tattooed, 29 year old cancer survivor! treehugger.gif

Old 05-06-2013, 12:37 PM

So...if you have been on here before, I talked about my cycles changing. I was always on a 28 day cycle, then all of a sudden it went to a 30 day cycle, then it went to a 32 day cycle. So I had 2 30 day cycles, then my last one was a 32 day cycle. I only had spotting for 1day, the next day there was more blood, but only enough for me to use 1 tampon, and it wasn't even covered. Very strange. I had taken a hpt, and it gave me a bfn, but then quickly changed to a? Yea a?. I was confused. Then when I had what I'm guessing was my period, considering it was so weird, I used a cheap internet hcg strip. It showed negative. After reading on the internet quite a bit about cycle.changes like iI'm having, it was saying I may be ovulating at random times. So...on cd5, I decided to use a lh strip I ordered off the internet. I took it at noon. It had two lines, test line slightly lighter than control line. I did another one at 8Pm, a definate positive. So...my question is, do you ladies believe that it is possible that my cycle changes actually made me ovulate this early? I am currently on cd7. So confused, any advice would be great. Thanks. All input is welcome. Glad to see the new thread!!

innocent.gifCressandra ~aka~ Domonique's mommy!  Trying for number 2, after 2 miscarriages!  Good luck to all!!  DS born November 1, 2006!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM

Is itchy breasts a symptom? Mine won't stop itching and it's driving me craaaaaaazy

Old 05-06-2013, 03:56 PM

I think it can be fawnanddoe... If your breasts are itching seems like it might be because the skin is stretching which can be very itchy. Fx for you!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJJ View Post

I think it can be fawnanddoe... If your breasts are itching seems like it might be because the skin is stretching which can be very itchy. Fx for you!

I sure hope that's the case! I woke up and it was just incredibly itchy. First on the left side. It started with just my nipple, but then it was the whole breast and then the right one started itching too, and a little bit around the armpit area. I scratched it so much I have red marks all over them. I haven't changed detergents or anything like that, and I took a shower last night and went to bed with clean clothes and sheets. So it's not a reaction I don't think.

Only 4 more days until AF should be here. Last night I was convinced she was going to come at any minute I was cramping so bad. I ran to the bathroom twice and she wasn't there. Still in the game for now, holding on to the rope for dear life!

Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM

10 dpo - negative pg test at the MD's office today when I went in for a sinus infection. But I've had random little cramps today, sore boobs also, and I never have either of those pre-AF, so FX'd still!!!

~Mom to Sy (3), #2 Due Jan 2014, GF to Pork, Psych grad student, Judoka~

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

Old 05-06-2013, 09:26 PM

Fx for you too Valarie!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Fawn and cressy - You two are amazingly patient. If my cycle was doing that to me, I'd have gone bananas by now. I hope you ladies get a reliable answer soon. Somewhere amidst all this wackiness, I'm wanting nice BFPs to appear for you two.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post

Fawn and cressy - You two are amazingly patient. If my cycle was doing that to me, I'd have gone bananas by now. I hope you ladies get a reliable answer soon. Somewhere amidst all this wackiness, I'm wanting nice BFPs to appear for you two.

Thank you! I might seem patient online, but I'm not at all! Haha. I'm starting to get super antsy. Still no visible signs of AF and 11dpo. Cervix is high, soft, and closed. I wish this could be like my first pregnancy and just happen. Surprise! You're pregnant. I remember I missed my period and I was like hmm, so I got a test. I wasn't trying, it just happened. Now that I'm trying I am symptom spotting and POAS like crazy. I need to stop! I took one this morning and negative. I'm going to try to hold out for 3 more days, when AF is due.

And I will never ever get mirena again. I don't like how much it's messed with my cycle and O'ing. If I hadn't been on it I would have a clearer picture of how many days my cycle is, that would make this much easier!

Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM

maybe all my pg tests are broken. lol!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM

In may tWw again!......started my period 28th april...please can u tell me when I might ovulate cos my calender says the window is from 6th to 12th but I tested yesterday6th day of my cycle and I saw 2red lines on the ovulation kit(tink that's early).had to travel miles to meet hubby today and then I go on thursday or friday again ...I hope my calculation is right?
Old 05-07-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisioge View Post

In may tWw again!......started my period 28th april...please can u tell me when I might ovulate cos my calender says the window is from 6th to 12th but I tested yesterday6th day of my cycle and I saw 2red lines on the ovulation kit(tink that's early).had to travel miles to meet hubby today and then I go on thursday or friday again ...I hope my calculation is right?
I mean on the 6th which is day 9 of my cycle.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post

Thanks mamablue, it is extremely frustrating. I'm trying to be patient. I'm still not positive that I actually ovulated that early. I have never used those strips before, so I'm not exactly sure how well they work. I am going to start texting again in a few days,, closer to the time that I would originally supposed to ovate, and see what it says then. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!

innocent.gifCressandra ~aka~ Domonique's mommy!  Trying for number 2, after 2 miscarriages!  Good luck to all!!  DS born November 1, 2006!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:58 PM

So...I decided to do another lh strip at noon today. Another positive. The day before yesterday, I was positive at 1pm, then nothing at 8pm. Didn't do one yesterday. But today I got positive again. Here is the strip.[IMG]Here it is inverted

And I'm only on day 8 in my cycle.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:18 PM

OK...just went out and bought some pre-seed. Let's do this thing...

Old 05-07-2013, 06:54 PM

Fawnanddoe - I looked at your wondfo and it looks like some of the positives I got after my miscarriage - I was having faint positives even after my first AF post-m/c because there was still a tiny bit of hcg in my system. Not sure if that helps but I thought I'd mention it. 

PrimalJoy - I'm so sorry to hear that things aren't looking good for your baby. I'm still mourning my should-have-been October baby. I had pictured us having a new baby at Christmas too. I hope you get better news at your next ultrasound. 

I'm officially in my TWW now - 3 dpo. Got a positive on a wondfo OPK and a CB digi (smiley face!) on Friday night and had left-sided pelvic/lower abd pain on Sat, so I'm assuming I O'd that day. We BD Wed and Fri so hopefully that is enough. I'm a little worried because some of the labs my doctor did after my m/c came back out of whack - T4 free low @0.61 and positive ANA. I got a prescription for synthroid 50 mcg/day and a referral to a rheumatologist. I'm also going to see my regular MD tomorrow to run all this by him. I'm kind of freaked out. Maybe this is why I felt so sick, tired, and cold when I was pregnant with my daughter - I never got my pep back in the second trimester like I did with the others, and I also gained more weight with her. I had a full thyroid panel run last year after my TSH came back out of range (4+) at a routine checkup and everything came back normal the second time around. I'm not sure if I can conceive with my thyroid hormone so low, or if I should, but we already tried this cycle, so FX that everything works out ok. I don't want to lose another baby. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 05-07-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnanddoe View Post

Thank you! I might seem patient online, but I'm not at all! Haha. I'm starting to get super antsy. Still no visible signs of AF and 11dpo. Cervix is high, soft, and closed. I wish this could be like my first pregnancy and just happen. Surprise! You're pregnant. I remember I missed my period and I was like hmm, so I got a test. I wasn't trying, it just happened. Now that I'm trying I am symptom spotting and POAS like crazy. I need to stop! I took one this morning and negative. I'm going to try to hold out for 3 more days, when AF is due.

And I will never ever get mirena again. I don't like how much it's messed with my cycle and O'ing. If I hadn't been on it I would have a clearer picture of how many days my cycle is, that would make this much easier!

I pretend to be laid back online, but at 11 dpo, I've already poas a few times :P I don't know much about the meanings of cervical position - mine was really low last night, closer to the vaginal opening than I can ever remember it being. Does that mean anything?! 

My first child was a happy "oops," and this time we're planning a baby.... I wish I had just accidentally made the 2nd one as well! This TTC crap is turning me into a wack-a-doodle. 

I keep telling myself I'll wait a few days to poas again, but who am I kidding? Tomorrow is 12 days, and I know I'll test 1st thing in the AM... 

FX'd for you!!!!!!

stillheart.gif  ribboncesarean.gif  stillheart.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  stillheart.gif  winner.jpg stillheart.gif femalesling.GIF stillheart.gif  vbac.gif stillheart.gif  bellycast.gif  stillheart.gif

Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 PM

Are the ovulation strips usually accurate?

Old 05-08-2013, 07:46 AM

I'm 10 dpo and woke up feeling totally naseous. Not typical for me. Of course I had the urge to poas. Im prob going coocoo but I swear there is a shadow of a line... Do u see it or am I just hopeful?

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I downloaded my days app to keep up with period ovulation and such. Has anyone ever used this app? I know I have said I'm goin the relax way but since I started my period on a 34 day cycle last month it is set to that so I'm not sure if its right cuz my cycle has been changing but my ovulation days are from the 3-8 and the 8th being a high day which I didn't look at it this month and I did this morning after me and hubby dtd and its my high day. Could it be right or should I just wait? I'm not sure how to tell if I'm ovulating and I don't have money to just buy ovulation test all the time and stuff. Some advice please
Old 05-08-2013, 08:18 AM

I don't have experience with that app but fertility friend has been awesome for me. I got cheap ovulation strips on eBay. Without those I would have no idea when I o

BFPChart2.gif

Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM

So, 12 dpo... couldn't resist testing again today...

It's faint, but it's there!!!

I spent YEARS on the Mothering Infertility boards, praying for a BFP... and now, here I am, so happy :)

Best of luck to all of you ladies as well!

Pray this one sticks, please?! It's my 8th pg, and I have one living child... sticky sticky!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:57 AM

Somebody talk to me pls.Started period on 28th april, got a positive opk on the 6th day(monday) of my cyCle.bedded 7th day of cycle(tuesday)...tink am ovulating today(too early I tink).will bed on thursday again as hubby is out of town I hope this is enough to knock me up.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarieR View Post

So, 12 dpo... couldn't resist testing again today...

It's faint, but it's there!!!

I spent YEARS on the Mothering Infertility boards, praying for a BFP... and now, here I am, so happy :)

Best of luck to all of you ladies as well!

Pray this one sticks, please?! It's my 8th pg, and I have one living child... sticky sticky!

Valarie this is so exciting! Stick, baby, stick! I will be sending sticky thoughts your way! Congrats mama!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Valerie - This is great news!!!!! I'm so excited for you. Grow strong, little bean!

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 AM

Theoretically I should be starting AF in 2 days. Still no sign. CP is mid and closed. I POAS this morning and negative still. At this point I just want my period to come already if she's going to!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List