How long can it take to show up as a positive on a home (urine) pregnancy test if you are pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If you are pregnant, what is the longest it can take in a cycle to get a positive pregnancy test?  How long past O can it take for implantation?  Is it possible that after implantation the pregnancy test would still be negative for some time?  If so, how long?

#2 of 4 Old 05-10-2013, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I think *most* people get a positive by 18 days post ovulation, but there are stories of people getting later positives. Implantation is typically 5-10 days after ovulation. For my body, I feel that 5 days after implantation should give me a positive.

There are lots of women here who are more knowledgeable than me, but I'm hoping to just give you some basic numbers.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#3 of 4 Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

depending on your hormone levels and the sensitivity of the test it can take longer, I always take forever to get a bfp.

My youngest son I got  a positive with a more sensitive test at 16 days after O (af 4 days late) but i didn't get a positive with my dollar store tests until af was 9 days late, so 21 days after O. Right now af is 6 days late and still no bfp *sigh* good luck :)

#4 of 4 Old 05-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

It's rare, but some women never get a positive on a urine test.

If you're reasonably sure of when you ovulated, it's probably worth it to get a blood test if you go past 18-20 DPO without AF showing.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page