Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all!

I am 22 (23 in 2 months) and recently married. We just started to research pregnancy and birthing options to ready ourselves for when we were ready to start trying for a baby. Well, my day I was suppose to get my period came and went. The next day came and went. And so on and so forth. I am 3 days late. I get my period every 24-26 days. I am on day 28 and still do not have it. I know my body and I get very bad cramping, breast tenderness and mood swings the whole week of my period. This month I had no PMS symptoms. Last monday however, I did smell chicken that put me off and Saturday (the day I should have got my period) I was very emotional. I did a pregnancy test yesterday and today and both were negative. 

I am just curious how many people had negative results and for how long. When does the nausea start (if I am one of the LUCKY ones who get it....HA Ha HA...just kidding) I am going out of the country in 3 weeks and am nervous about being away for 16 days and possibly experiencing all those symptoms.

Another question: Who has done natural/home birth or is looking into doing it? How does it work with insurance?

And what literature or websites are good? I live in New Jersey and have Aetna.

Thanks so much!joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)

Can you re-test today? Maybe go in for a blood test. Good luck to you.

#3 of 3 Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could be your ovulation was delayed and so your cycle was longer. Have you been under stress this month? That can delay ovulation. If your period hasn't shown in a week you might want to see about getting in to your doc before you leave the country. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page