The Saner TTC-Flower Moon - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 356 Old 06-20-2013, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oof, you are so brave for working at an SNF. I did some clinicals there and hated it . . . but I REALLY respect people who can do that!

Thanks for the support. Obviously I'm asking a crowd who has decided, with me, that it's OK . . . but I just really appreciate being validated. HUGS ALL AROUND. 

ETA: I ultimately came to the conclusion that the problem is a system wherein many women don't have reproductive freedom at all. NOT mothers freely choosing to have children. Just wanted to be clear --- NO JUDGMENT from me towards moms with lots of kids! Only respect, and wondering if there's anyone else who really struggled with thinking that one through . . .

#332 of 356 Old 06-20-2013, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I've got to say i'm firmly in the grip of raging hormones, ticking clock and a total obsession with having a baby. It may be selfish and not environmentally aware but nothing would stop me being a mother. ( Apart from infertility, but heaven please forbid that). I want a family more than anything else.
#333 of 356 Old 06-20-2013, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lol Oxford I'm with you on the hormonal rampage like focus... It's do cool to share this journey with so many cool women!
Peppered moth - if it helps think of it like this if all those of us intellectually award enough to have your thoughts stopped having children - would it stop the others? No. So the population would still be increasing but we would be lacking a lot of individuals who may have been brought up to respect the environment and maybe develop the skills to help solve our problems... So by not having your child you could in fact be depriving the world rather than burdening it... Does that help? Lol and thanks - I'm soo hoping I get lucky this month!
Hmm ok I forget what else I was going to write... Happy baby making ladies!

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#334 of 356 Old 06-20-2013, 08:39 PM

Forgive me. I got ahold of a keyboard and went nuts.

mamaBlue and pepperedmoth—My husband and I read this book called “Green for Life” and it’s pretty cool. It has a lot of research that says you should drink a quart of green smoothies a day, and the writing is in such a style that is scientific but easy to understand. I highly highly recommend that book. I would literally buy copies for everyone I knew if I had the money. There are a bunch of recipes in the back of the book that we sort of follow, but I’ve found the following formula to work pretty well: 

2 cups water

2-3 cups greens 

2-3 different fruits (I usually rotate around banana, pineapple, apple, mango, strawberry and raspberry. try to cut up and freeze mango on a baking sheet before throwing it in, as it can get a little hairy feeling)

You’re supposed to rotate which greens you use so you don’t build up alkaloids from the same one. Spinach is my favorite so far, but I have yet to branch out a lot. Swiss chard is good, but a little grassy. Normal lettuce is meh. DO NOT do mustard greens. Also, something cool is that greens actually have quite a bit of protein in them, so we don't actually use protein powder.

When I started doing them a few weeks ago I noticed almost immediately my pant size change, plus my change in energy was remarkable and my skin started to clear up (I have some terrible scarring adult acne). The book had some people saying they lost weight, so it appears to be a regulator of some sort.

And no, that wasn't a paid commercial for the book :)

BTW, I remember being a child and rather enjoying my mom’s wiggly body—so much nicer to snuggle and be comforted by. I ended with absolutely no figure (hoping that might come along with a child). Consequently, folks usually think I’m in or fresh out of highschool (I’m going to be 28 in a few months).

Peppered—yes, to the second guessing! I think when you hit the “no-going-back” stage of most things, it’s perfectly natural to double-check with yourself. I get nervous with the environmental issues as well as some of the other people in the world, war, human trafficking, etc... and I’m in the US which is on the safe side. I love what Ocelotmom and chuord said though about children with your same values :) 

oxford—I heard what chuord did as well. In my brain, the more the better. But I quite enjoy the BD part, so whatever excuse I can get to enjoy my DH, why not? That said, we aren’t doctors. BTW—what kind of writing do you do?

PrimalJoy—That sounds like an awesome idea! We’ll have our house here in a month or so and that’s giving me ideas :) I don’t think we could get people to dress up, but that would be fun!

chuord—”I'm sure my zen is because my body is not prepared to waste that sort of energy on continuous excitement and hope” I haven’t been trying as long, but after being totally heartbroken I sort of settled on that too. It’s a good place to be. If trying for a while is what it takes, we would go totally crazy otherwise. There’s a piece of scripture (Psalm 139:16) that I keep looking at that’s encouraging two-fold—first, the obvious, but second and right now I think of how every day is meant to be, and if I’m not pregnant that day, then God has another plan for me that he wants me to fulfill that day and I need to take advantage of it. (I’m not trying to push religion on anyone, but I’d love to encourage someone with it—please don’t take offense).

scjp—fx for you!

mamaBlue, chuord, oxford, ocelot, I love that we’re all around the same time testing here! fx for everyone :) on the bright side, if one of us gets the golden ticket, the rest of us at least get the chocolate, right?

I second all the sentiments for the nurses! My best friend is an ICU nurse  and I have some serious respect for you guys. Seriously, thanks for what you do.

AFM—7 dpo, super weird day. came home ready for bed around 6. around 9 I perked up and went on a walk with the husband. I had cramps last night that were “burny”, like period cramps but not. Or maybe I’m just paying too much attention. I usually cramp a week before my period anyway, so it’s not out of the ordinary. The only other notable thing was on Tuesday when I was pulling meat off of a cooked chicken that had been boiled for a soup and my skin just about crawled away. *shiver* So what DPO is sane to start testing? I've been boycotting for a bit here.

#335 of 356 Old 06-20-2013, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sane? For me, say 17. I have a long LP.

But I'm looking at pregnancy test galleries and seeing people who got BFPs around more and thinking that I have an awful lot of tests I could use...

But I suppose I'll take my own advice that I gave to scjp for at least a few days longer.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#336 of 356 Old 06-20-2013, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey all!! Just thought I'd pop in and say hi wave.gif

Thanks for all the hugs & well wishes. It's been a crazy 7 months on the TTC roller coaster! I can't remember if I posted here or somewhere else, but I'm hopping off this cycle to give myself a break from the incessant crazies. I completely lost my zen a few cycles back & I decided I needed a complete break to get my head back on straight.

It took a couple days once AF showed up of totally vegging mixed w/freaking out to get me to a place now where I feel more like my normal self-ahhhhh...so nice...So I'm gonna try & continue on in that vein for a while, refill the cup and see how life goes for this cycle. My teeny tiny bit of hope is that if I don't give it any energy this month & feel ready to get back to it next month that it'll just happen cuz I'll be all rested and unstressed thumb.gif

So we usually start a new thread on the full moon which is coming up and I wonder if anyone wants to be in charge of starting the new one & kinda looking out for everyone. We had a spammer a while back that I jumped on & was able to get rid of quickly so every now & then something comes up that needs tending to. If no one feels moved to do it I'm fine doing it, but I won't be active on the thread probably until I decide I'm ready to start trying again. You can post a reply here so we all know, but it's probably best to PM me too as I don't seem to receive email notifications for every new post, only some of them headscratch.gif

It's almost Friday! Yippee!!

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#337 of 356 Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 AM

prescott - good thoughts to you! I've considered doing that a few times (especially since I'd rather avoid a winter baby - *hopefully* I'm clear of the hard freezes now, but definitely not out of the danger zone), but DH doesn't want to get off the babymaking wagon and I'm not yet to the point of insisting.

I think next month my zen will improve, when I have a previous month's chart for a baseline. This month I'm getting a little obsessive about chart gallery stalking trying to interpret it, even though I know that 7.5DPO is way too early to know anything from charting.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#338 of 356 Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 AM

Hubby wants mero wait a few more day to see if af arrives. I'm 6 days late so we will see
#339 of 356 Old 06-21-2013, 08:28 AM

Good luck scjp, we are all watching and cheering you on!! :-)
#340 of 356 Old 06-21-2013, 04:32 PM

Just popping in to say GL to all the lovely Saner ladies this cycle! dust.gif So exciting, so many testing around the same time lurk.gif .

pepperedmoth: I'm ok, still breathing, albeit jaggedly dizzy.gif . Distracting myself a lot. On the environment vs child rearing issue, chuord covered my thoughts on it pretty well. I'm glad you've come to a decision that gives you peace smile.gif .

Happy Solstice all! heartbeat.gif

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#341 of 356 Old 06-22-2013, 08:57 AM

Oh guys, I'm not saner right now. Kind of freaking out.

I took this test last night, at 11 DPO or thereabouts. It didn't look positive at first, and then I wasn't sure, and I looked at it again this morning, and it looks like this:

I think I am goong to hold my pee and go out and get a digital.

I feel so stupid, because the test I took yesterday morning was negative, and I was like "oh well" and had a few drinks at the housewarming. I was so sure I had been having PMS and this just wasn't our month.

Yeah, not feeling sane this morning.

However, DS looked super cute last night as Mustardseed the Fairy.

EDIT: That's DD, not DS. I'm a little scattered right now.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#342 of 356 Old 06-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Digital was negative, so probably just another blue dye test/late reading fake out. That's fine for me. AF due Tuesday, so I'll test again if it doesn't show.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#343 of 356 Old 06-22-2013, 10:49 AM

Oh no! Primal, what an up and down roller coaster. Hang in there 11dpo is still early, it may still happen

Your daughter is totally beautiful. You must be so proud. She looks gorgeous in that little outfit!
#344 of 356 Old 06-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Primal I'm with Oxford dd looks gorgeous, lol I was a little confused when you said ds lol, I'm thinking that's a very pretty boy lol... I also agree re the test... Several people on here have had Evaps that turn into bfp's a few days later - fx that's you!

Oxford - what day are you at and how are you traveling? Anything feel different?

Hi everyone!

Afm - I'm zen but desperately want to 'know' we'll be flying to Darwin about 4 days before AF is due so I can't take my normal travel meds... If I'm pg lol... I have been having that tingly stretchy feeling down low, but it continued for several days after my cycle last month (unless that was shrinking) ok trying not to second guess (lol at least on here)... Oh and weird dreams today - even for me...

Something ridiculous to read ....

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#345 of 356 Old 06-23-2013, 07:23 AM

I'm on cycle day 37 and 8 days late. Haven't tested in a week and I'm jus waiting for Af to arrive hubby wants me to wait another week which sucks. He just wants to make sure since I go by test like crazy usually so just waiting. No symptoms other than boobs very sore. I have been peeing more frequently. I have had headaches every day for a week which is not normal for me. I get nauseas every once in a whole but no so bad I'm gonna get sick just nauseas feeling. Some advice please smile.gif
#346 of 356 Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 AM

Scjp- no symptoms? That sounds like a whole lotta symptoms to me!! I don't know how you are managing to hold out from testing, you are a pillar of zen!! I would be POAS twice a day ;-)
Keep us posted, I am following your story and waiting to celebrate with you.

Chuord- that's nail biting waiting! Hopefully you can do a frer 4 days early, you might get a big fat positive!! Fingers crossed for you.

Over here I'm 5 dpo. I have this weird bundle of energy for the past few days. I can't sit still, which I really unusual for me. Normally I love an opportunity to relax and chill. Yesterday I bounced out of bed early (unheard of) and then cleaned the entire house and painted the dining room! I'm like a live wire. DH is cooking Sunday dinner today and I am driving him nuts by trying to "help"!!! I keep taking dishes out of his hands to wash up!! Oh dear.
I don't know whether its hormonal, but I enjoying it :-)
#347 of 356 Old 06-23-2013, 12:02 PM

Well I'm use to testing a bunch like all the other cycles. And Im tired being disappointed so many times and hubby don't wanna see a neg like we normally do so I'm just waiting til he says I can get a test I'm trying to keep my mind off of it also which is very hard lol. But I might even try to wait til next cycle. I don't like finding out at like 4 weeks that I'm preg with my first son I found out at 3 1/2 weeks lol and it seemed forever to finally hear heartbeat and everything so I'm gonna wait am:) wish me luck lol
#348 of 356 Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 PM

Oxford - wow you crazy lady! I have an hilarious image of you and dh doing the plate dance in the kitchen! I'm soo glad you are enjoying it! I'm the opposite, was awake 12.5hrs yesterday - had a nanna lie down in the late arvo lol (with dh) and just so exhausted... Hmmm re the early testing - you know I think I might... It will be 11dpo on travel day so why not... Can you add your chart link? I'd love to stalk wink1.gif
Hi everyone else - how are you traveling?

#349 of 356 Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 AM

Hi chuord, love your nanny nap!! :-)
Good for you!

I think we are chart friends already, I can see you on my friend list. Let me know if you can't see mine. It only 6dpo for me so all quite boring. I haven't reached the final stress yet!!
#350 of 356 Old 06-24-2013, 08:37 AM

. Well it's bfn greensad.gif as I Thot wouldn't I have a positive by now if I was pregnant? I'm on day 38 of my cycle. Could it be I took now and not fmu but if I was preg it should be dark no matter what I would say. Oh well only a $1 used
#351 of 356 Old 06-24-2013, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sjcp - Sorry about your BFN. You get an award from me for your patience with your late AF. I would have been climbing the walls.

Oxford - That's awesome about your energy levels. Can you come paint my living room, too? I know 6dpo is a ways away from reliable testing, but you seem to be relaxed about the whole thing. I think that's awesome.

chourd - I'm excited about your trip, and I hope it is a wonderfully relaxing time for you. A BFP would be the icing on the cake!

Primal - How are things for you? Any definitive answers to your POAS confusion?

AFM - 9 or 11 dpo for me. I'm going to split the difference and call it 10dpo. I've been spotting and having mild cramping since the evening of 8dpo. I always spot before AF but this is the earliest it has started. I don't have any good feelings about it being implantation. I think it's my usual crummy preAF decline getting a head start. AF expected as soon as Thursday or even into Saturday. Probably sooner than later. I have no plans to test unless something makes me suspicious. The second half of my TWW is always so lame, because I know I'm out before I can even test but I still have to wait for AF to show.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#352 of 356 Old 06-24-2013, 10:35 AM

Hi, all. I'm way behind on personals, but just wanted to pop in --

Pepperedmoth -- I'm a military nurse case manager. I've done med/surg and longterm care before, but I enjoy this the most. The hours and environment work well with my family stuff, too. And no holidays, with few weekends! It's nice.

I think you are the person who had posted about ethical concerns about having a biological child. YES, I understand that. Environmentalism is a big concern for us, too. I don't think there is a 100% clear answer on this, but, for me, it was in deciding that raising children who are conscious of and taking responsibility for their impact on the planet was where my responsibility lay, rather than in not having children at all. I also believe that, despite our higher functions, we are biological creatures with biological drives, including procreation. It was important for my personal fulfillment to have children, and I think that's very natural and not inappropriately selfish. Just raise compassionate, responsible children who will grow up to work to protect the planet. I think that's a better strategy than taking them out of the mix altogether. But, of course, I understand those who decide not to make babies for that reason.

Chuord -- I feel your pain. I keep ending up with lousy timing as far as TTC and non-baby-friendly stuff (parties, travel) occurring together. I don't mind doing without because of a pregnancy, but doing without while TTC is just depressing. Hoping you get your BFP this time!

AFM -- Well, that was definitely an evap, as I've taken two FRERs since then that have been stark white negative. It's still a bit early (I was off on my counting, and think I'm only 11 DPO today), so I may not be out yet, but that was not a positive test. I guess it's true about those blue dye tests and late readings, although that's never happened to me personally before. I've pretty much lost my zen for this cycle with the fake out, and have reverted to grumpy and impatient. I'm also resigned to just taking a test every morning this month until AF shows up, but I'm at least going to go get dollar store tests today so that I don't blow so much money on this bizarre obsession.

I'm in a really weird place where I very much WANT to have another baby, but there are so many external things that point toward the wisdom of not conceiving right now. Our daughter is still little, we already have three kids (although two are much older), I'm working full time, and my husband is a full time student. All that said, we didn't make this decision lightly. We're not waiting because I'm already 33 and not keen on waiting the 3-5 years it could take for my husband to finish school. We really do want to have one more growing up close to DD's age. At the same time, yes, life would be easier in the short term if we didn't have another baby. But whose wouldn't be? Anyway, I'm hating the TTC place right now because it's like, until I'm pregnant, the decision part of it is still on the table, and it wasn't an easy decision. I'm ready to be done with the deciding and start working on making our larger family work.

All in all, I'm looking forward to AF arriving this month. These last few days are always killer.

#353 of 356 Old 06-24-2013, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Scjp-I never rely solely on a bfn to determine if I'm still in the game or not....Only AF can do that for me. I've heard too many stories of mamas being pregnant but not getting a BFP til weeks-WEEKS into their pregnancy! It's crazy making for sure. We're all rooting for ya!! Hang in there grouphug.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#354 of 356 Old 06-24-2013, 12:00 PM

Thanks Prescott
#355 of 356 Old 06-24-2013, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Primal-I just have to say OMG your DD!! Cuteness overload love.gif

Ok, everybody! New thread started here!! Let's take all the good BFP ju-ju with us to the new thread! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1385576/the-saner-ttc-rose-moon

#356 of 356 Old 06-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Excuse the off topic post but this is a popular thread so I want to hitch a ride on it for the benefit of the community. orngbiggrin.gif

Please cast your vote for our reputation feature. You'll find info and the poll here. Thanks! love.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page