The Saner TTC-Flower Moon - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2013, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Oasis - thanks for the understanding, I have to say your strength and calmness through your recent loss really helped with my perspective... See the difference our little circle of sharing and love makes! The biggest bummer is I'll be 39 before I get to try again - lol 38 didn't sound so bad!

Prescottchels - lol you empathetic lady ūüėĄ no need to cry for me, but I'm with you on mamacats... I now need to know ASAP if she's got one or twins in there... Hehehe... Umm I'm a little scared to see you on full maca - the whole of Prescott may get reorganized ūüėú its not like you're lacking energy or drive now lol

Justjenny hugs on the ms! Maybe there's something you can do to help it? Lol no idea what though!

Oxford - lol and lol! I know you've had an awful time of it, but I can imagine me doing the same in certain situations ūüėúūüėĶ what a way to freak yourself out! Congrats on the outcome though lady!

Mamacats are you still smiling?? Poas again lately?

So Oxford you're the next to test followed by Prescott and pattimomma, oasis shortly behind, mamacats is over the finish line on justjennys tail, lol and I'm bringing up the rear! Ok that started to sound like a horse race!

I'm looking forward to my next interview now, I was so nervous before - but figure if I can I can interview ok through the pain and the crazy I'm more competent than I thought lol!
Big hugs to all my lovely ladies... Lets all bfp this month and just change the thread name!

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yay!! Here's to BFPs for all of us this month!! :-)

Old 05-30-2013, 05:40 PM

Mama cats I forgot to add, after your success, I'm increasing my maca to 1000 a day... And will try and make dh take it too! What did you end on?

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

chuord - So sorry to hear about the MC hug2.gifThat's so disappointing greensad.gif Good luck on your next interview (even though you don't need it thumb.gif)!

oxford  - YAY! For a good review and a promotion! Now all you need is BFPfingersx.gif I have always found the days after 9DPO the hardest in the waiting game. What is your average LP? So I can count down lurk.gif

oasis84 - I am sure that you would make a great twin mommy! twins.gif

JustJenny - I know it both feels awful and wonderful to have the sickies! It's the best worst feeling to have winky.gif

mamacatsbaby - How did you tell DH??? I am so happy for you joy.gif

Prescott - I think I would describe your job as a consultant. It's awesome that you have turned all these different things you are good at into an income generator! tiphat.gifSounds like you are one smart lady.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 05-30-2013, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you all so, so, so much for your loving congrats! happytears.gifgrouphug.gifkiss.gif OMG, I still can't believe it!!!! joy.gif I'm ready for the m/s to start kicking my butt nod.gif . I know, crazy right? I've been wanting to get on here and chat aaaaallllll day lol but have been getting lots of errands, cooking, etc. done (ya'll know the drill lol.gif ).

chuord: I've been thinking about you all day and sending much healing energy and love your way. I'm with oasis, if there's anything at all I can do don't even hesitate hug.gif . I'm so sorry about your loss and got my everything crossed, energized, and hoping that this is your cycle hug2.gif . On the maca, I got my bottle on CD3 or 4 and I started out with 500 mg, after two or three days upped it to 1,000 mg when I saw I was tolerating it fine, then about two weeks later I upped it to 1,500 mg after tolerating the 1,000 well. I would also say go with the gelatinized as that makes it more easily digested. I am a maca devotee now as my hormones were twisted up a million different ways. So for me, I truly believe that was the difference and will be looking into if it's fine to take it therapeutically while nursing. If that's a big question mark I'll just cook with it as a food. On twins, yes! My younger brother and sister are twins love.gif . My mom didn't even realize twins were on board 'til delivery lol. I would LOVE twins! carrot.gif And yes indeed, still smiling orngbiggrin.gif . No more POAS for me though; once is quite enough! lol.gif Wishing you lots of luck on your next interview. I know you'll do outstanding nod.gif .

oasis: Glad to hear you and DH are still able to work around all of the studying thumb.gif . Good old-fashioned stress relief orngbiggrin.gif . I also love following everyone's journeys smile.gif . It's amazing how we can feel so connected to people we've possibly never even been in the same room with (note my use of possibly wink1.gif ). fingersx.gif for you this cycle doll! dust.gif

pattimomma: Yes! Dancing veggies are indeed in high order! Plus a side of cheddar onion scones and some of that serious mac 'n cheese yummy.gif . For telling DH, today I went to the farmer's market and got some cream cheese and strawberry croissants, also picked up some cake decorating gel. I'm going to set them up on a plate and write something like "Thanks for knocking me up!" on them and offer him a croissant when he gets home lol.gif . Got the idea from a website, babble.com I think? How's your DH feeling? Did the rest of the house get spared the sickies?

prescott: If it doesn't say gelatinized it's probably raw. The kind I saw at the HFS I go to that I was going to pick up is this one from Gaia. I seriously have fallen in love with maca and am so grateful to you ladies that helped get me on the road (JustJenny your maca thread was awesome). DH and I were thinking about seeing Life of Pi so will keep it in mind. Oh! And I need to watch that Epic trailer still!

JustJenny: Ahhh, m/s; so bad yet so good winky.gif . Hope you're feeling a little less sick.gif today, but just by the tiniest amount; just enough so that you can at least walk away from the toilet for just a bit more than 15 minutes at a time flowersforyou.gif .

oxford: I guess prepping for the worst is a kind of defense mechanism, at least for me it is redface.gif . Congratulations on being offered another promotion so quickly! Shaaahh, I think you might wanna consider cutting yourself some slack lady winky.gif . Sounds like other folks think you're pretty incredible now it's high time that you should see it flowersforyou.gif . Ooh, sneaky 10DPO test eh? lurk.gif And thank you for the compliment on my writing style kissy.gif . prescott also commented a while back on the blahblah.gif that I type out lol.gif . I've never really thought about being a writer much. Maybe b/c I know myself so much better now it just comes out that way? I have always heard write what you know, what's real to you. Maybe I will add it to my list of unjobs I'm pursuing notes.gif .

Ok, off to straighten up the last of the art mess then I'm sitting my heiny down! Much love to you ladies blowkiss.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 05-30-2013, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

JustJenny-a friend of mine drank 1 gallon to 1 1/2 gallons of water everyday while pregnant and she didn't have morning sickness. I think there's something to be said there.... makes sense that if you're doubling your blood volume and such that the hormones would make you sick if you didn't have enough water to balance them out or something along those lines... Hope you get to feeling better soon!! 

Chuord-lol yeah me as the tasmanian devil whirlwinding thru every chaotic home in town ROTFLMAO.gif if only I actually did have that kind of energy.... 3 caps of opened maca didn't do anything to me either this morning...dare I try a 4th tomorrow...? lol.gif   (that'd be 2,000 mg) I'm doing catering prep from 8a-3p. It'd come in awfully handy to have a little zip!

Loved the horse race narration there, perfect summation! And I'm all for all of us getting BFP's together and keeping our lovely little thread here. That'd be some strong ju-ju goodvibes.gif

Oxford-you're looking pretty excited for that to happen too lol.gif X4 post winky.gif

And super duper congrats on the promotion!! As mamacat said, sounds like you can cut yourself a little slack now, eh? thumb.gif

Patti-yes, definitely of the consultant variety over here....there's an actual name for people like me that have multiple non-traditional income streams = "unjobbing or unjobber" there's tribe here on mdc of folks just like me orngbiggrin.gif It's fun to go there every now and again to see what new things people have come up with to make money at in their own passionate/authentic way.

Mamacat-my maca right now is this one by gaia http://shop.gaiaherbs.com/Maca-Root/p/GAIA-90E13060&c=GaiaHerbs@M-O it doesn't say raw or gelatinized nut.gif  and I haven't done research on that aspect of it...so perhaps I'll go for the boiling water trick tomorrow morn.

Mmmmm I'm so excited for you joy.gif

My friend bought some organic all natural progesterone cream for herself to help w/her perimenopause symptoms and she thought of me & my own version of wackadoo hormones so we tested it on her EAV machine today and it came out as a really good thing for me, but not so much for her lol.gif so I bought it from her hehe 

Here's to more maca & more progesterone for a sticky baby this cycle! champagne.gif  and she mentioned that I was more "in my body" than she's ever seen me (and she's been working on me for something like 11 years...? shy.gif)  that might help the baby realize it has to be in a body to stick around down here too winky.gif

Now that I'm all caught up here it's time for an episode of "Call the midwife" love.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
prescott just dropping in to say I'm obsessed with Call the Midwife and cannot wait until the second season comes out on DVD. We aren't able to stream the episodes off of PBS.com here so I've been waiting with bated breath for it to become available! Hope you're enjoying smile.gif

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 AM

Speedy post. POAS. Shiny bright negative :-(
Nothing to even squint at!!!
It's only 10dpo but, awww :-(

Have a great Friday :-)
Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 AM

Sounds like great stuff prescott! Being more in your body can't be anything but good nod.gif . fingersx.gif that more maca in addition to adding in some progesterone plus being more connected to your physical will coax baby on into this reality thumb.gif . With the maca you linked, hmm, I would guess that it's the raw based on the fact that they specifically have the gelatinized labeled. Mine doesn't say raw on it either and when I went to their site it was labeled as such eyesroll.gif . Why can't these companies just be clear-cut duh.gif . I've heard a lot of good stuff about Call the Midwife and have it on my list of things to watch orngbiggrin.gif .

Rats, sorry you got BFN'd oxford. Just the worst! You have a wonderful Friday yourself smile.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM

Well I think I'm ovulating today I have ewcm so we are gonna dtd. We did last night and we are gonna do a few more days I hope this is our month.its cd 14 for me so wish me luck this cycle.... Also I have a question for you ladies that have toddlers or even kids. My two and half year all of a sudden is acting like a baby. He keeps saying hold me momma and rock me and being very very clingy. And this is not normal for my child lol. He is loving and cuddly but not the kind that wants to be held all the time and even wants me to feed him now. Do you think he could be feeling that me and my hubby are trying for another baby or what. It's very weird I love it when he wants to be held but he acts like he can't feed his self. Advice and help please!!!! Thanks
Old 05-31-2013, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We watch every episode of Call the Midwife! I love it!luxlove.gif DH cries every episode, he is more emotionally moved by it than I am LOL If you haven't seen it yet make sure you have a box of tissuesmecry.gif!

oxford - Here's to hoping that BFN will turn into a BFP and you just tested to early goodvibes.gif

scjp1109 - My youngest DD is 2 and she is going through an act like a baby phase. I have to hold her like a baby and she fake cries and wants to be swaddled and rocked. Sometimes she even pretends to nurse! I think it is just a stage and she is play acting. Other times she gets her pretend purse, car keys and phone then tells me that she is going shopping. She also has pretend conversations on her phone and will shush me as if I am making to much noise for her to hear on the phone . . . I wonder where she has seen that before biglaugh.gif

AFM - I am being a crazy person this cycle because my body isn't behaving as I expect it to nut.gif I ended up at the OBGYN (pain for two weeks now!) and he diagnosed me with Pelvic Congestion Syndrome. My ultrasound showed varicose veins around my uterus, isn't that sexy!faint.gif I am not going to do anything about it for now, surgery is the primary option but doc didn't recommend it yet and I am not a fan of the knifeuhoh3.gif. I also can't confirm O because my temps are wacky as is my never ending EWCM! It is only cycle three off of BC pills and TCOYF says that some women have crazy continuous EWCM for months after quitting the pill. I have had way more than my pre-pill self ever did and it is annoying! Hopefully temps over the weekend will shed some lightcoolshine.gif DH is worried about me and he suggested CTA for another six months. I was all "NO WAY!" We already waited 15 months since my MCirked.gif 

Must find my om.gif I have been letting all this turn me into a royalFIREdevil.gif the last few days!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 05-31-2013, 03:19 PM

Oxford - hugs on the bfn, fx it's just early!

Prescottchels - that being more in your body sounds so promising! Lol re progesterone - isn't it funny how things work out... Maybe she was tuning into you the whole time!

Oasis - what's the weather like there, do you ever get a 'cold' season?

Pattimomma - lol on the shushing! Hmm I wonder where she picked that up! ūüėá Hugs on the extra annoying cycle, I'm with you though, don't stop ttc unless you want to - I know it's a joint decision but in my book the lady is the majority shareholder given its her body! Maybe you should see if there's any natural treatment that might help? Prescottchels?

Mamacats - so keep us posted on how the advising dh goes ūüėÉ, it's strange I keep wanting to ask you how your cycle is going lol - force of habit ūüėú... I'm still go smacked at how absolute your bfp was - so exciting...

Afm - well it appears my neuro was right - no bad headaches while I was pg, lol last night I came down with a yucky one that made me drink asprin (oops) and got bed way early... I'm hoping its not the upped maca dose...

Old 05-31-2013, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Prescottchels - ...Lol re progesterone - isn't it funny how things work out... Maybe she was tuning into you the whole time!

Chuord-in RE to the above...yeah she does that. shy.gif  In fact. Her partner did a series of hypnosis sessions w/her to heal her celiac disease and it was successful. She can now eat gluten and have no reaction. Not that she eats it everyday or anything. She's still careful about it, but when she feels like it she can have it w/o ill effects. It's so amazing. I can't remember if I shared here or not, but when I was at camp a couple weeks ago I accidentally ate gluten. The chef made a mistake-he's still learning about the whole gf thing. And I didn't have a reaction. So then a week later it was my friend's daughter's b-day (the one I supervise visits for) and I decided to consciously eat gluten for the first time in 6 yrs!! I had the most delicious (store bought) angel food cake I've ever had lol.gif and had no reaction!!  So I was telling my bff this and she was all joking that she got the hypnosis and I got healed, by proxy. We're kinda crazy connected like that. 

Also have you tried melatonin for your headaches? Some gals at camp were talking about how it cured their migraines. 

Oasis I just started watching season 2 and at the end it says that the dvd set is available for sale on the pbs site!! It's such a cute show!

Oxford-fingersx.gif it's just too soon!

Mamacat-I'm with you!! Life would be oh so much easier if companies just labeled their products appropriately! sheesh. It's really not too much to ask... I tried 4 caps emptied into boiled water this morn. I wouldn't say I was as energetic as this energy.gif but I think it might have done something... 

Scjp-Good luck on this cycle, girl!! In case you missed the memo...you're more likely to get preggers if you BD several days leading up to O so that the swimmers are in there waiting when the egg  pops out, instead of waiting til you know you're ovulating. There's such a short window in which the egg is viable...like 12 hrs or something ridiculous like that where as sperm can live for several days. 

And as for your DD it's common for littles to go thru phases, wanting to be baby-ed again...it's good to just go with it...phases tend to pass much quicker when the child's needs are met during that period of regression or whatever it happens to be. Enjoy that sweet time of remembering her during her infancy. You might even share stories w/her about that time while you cuddle her. She'll be back to wanting to be a big girl again soon enough love.gif

Patti-gads, pelvic congestion syndrome...sounds kinda gnarly lol.gif gotta read up on that one! I'll let ya'll know if I find any good home remedies/prevention for it.

DP & I are gonna lay my bamboo flooring tomorrow!! It's been a project 2 + years in the making... whistling.gif redface.gif so I need to get going on moving stuff out of the living room so we have a floor to work on! I'll post pics!! 

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 PM

Prescittchels - that GF story is awesome... I totally believe it happens too! Hmmm I didn't know about melatonin, will have a look... As long as its pro pg lol... Cos like oasis says I'm going to try and ride the hormonal wave this month in search of a post mc bfp! Bamboo flooring - I love that... It's about $55 a square Metre here though...

Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 PM

Mama cats omg.... I went and re stalked your chart... You know there's two possible implantation dips two days apart.... Hmmm how soon do we get to find out details... Lol what will be your plan? Any testing (bloods scans?)or o-natural with the first trimester... I'm soo excited lol

Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM

GL this cycle scjp! And yeah, I agree with pattimomma and prescott, sounds like a phase. Cuddle that baby up! orngbiggrin.gif

pattimomma: Big hug2.gif to you! Ugh, sounds like a lot going on. Yeah man, when our bodies don't do what we know/feel/think they should be doing it's insanity inducing that's for damn sure (ask me how I know whistling.gif ). Sending some om.gif your way darlin'. This article talk about a progestin hormone being used to shrink the vein and dull the pain. Looking around that's pretty much the only thing I've come across that tones it down on the invasive procedure bit. That's lovely that your DH is worried about you but yeah, he may wanna tread lightly on the putting off TTC some more front!

chuord: Ick, I'm sorry the migraines are back greensad.gif . Melatonin is great stuff from what I hear (never taken it personally so no experience there) but I have heard it can get in the way of TTC, or something to that effect. I've never looked into it any further though so I'll try and dig up where I saw that at. How much maca are you taking now? Hopefully the headaches aren't happening b/c of it. If you think that might be the case I would cut how much I was taking and increase more slowly. And yes, I find it all strange as well! DH is quite happy love.gif . When he saw my little treat he goes "What? Really? I had my suspicions!" lol.gif . It's really hard to surprise him with this kind of thing since he knows my cycles so well lol; ahhh, good old PMS eyesroll.gif . I had some seriously heavy, bloaty cramping 7DPO in addition to what I thought was my normal PMS mood shift. I was positive that was the start of my PMS craziness and that's when I upped my maca to 1,500 mg. For plans, I'm hoping for a scan around 9 weeks. I think having bloods drawn will make my anxiety worse. Not sure if I should get my progesterone checked or not, might also make it worse confused.gif . I'm a serious ball of nerves right now and I'm trying to figure out how to calm down. I don't want to spend this whole time panicking and constantly freaked out privateeyes.gif . Totally buying a doppler redface.gif .

prescott: Wow, that's awesome about the gluten! And then the connection you and your BFF have, beautiful. It's so hard to find soul mates like that. Doesn't seem like it should be, they're our soul mates! lol.gif Glad my water trick helped with a little boost for you! I'm definitely getting the gelatinized Gaia tomorrow. The kind I have now is called Fruitrients X or something like that. I'm going to keep taking the maca at least throughout the first tri as I don't want to mess around with my hormones doing another crazy dance while things are just getting started in there. Since the Gaia is more concentrated I think 500 mg should do. Came across this thread that I would like to read through.

Onward to the weekend ladies! I hope you all are feeling good blowkiss.gif .

Old 05-31-2013, 09:58 PM

Mamacats - thanks! Going to have a long lie down this arvo and rest my head... I texted Ranee, it's hormonal not maca that's causing it... I'm currently on 1000mg - doubled the dose yesterday... I'm not surprised it's hormonal - or this bad given recent events... Just trying to stick to healthy (ish) food and ride it out.. In theory the maca should help with its hormone balancing magic ūüėĄ... I'm going to read your articles...
I totally understand re bloods etc, also with the being stressed... But I think you should try and relax, I just knew this would be your month from 8dpo - and that baby is a keeper... Try and wrap yourself in that thought - and get dh to pamper you lol

Old 06-01-2013, 07:29 AM

I'm glad Ranee thinks it's a hormonal thing and not the maca so you can continue chuord. Yes! My hormones had run off the road, into a ditch, and exploded eeeeeeverywhere! nut.gif I know that maca pulled my hormonal mess together. I was fully expecting it to take at the very least three months (the recommended minimum time to be on it to see some real goodness shake down) to see a difference. I was stunned at how quickly the knots I was getting in my girls and such as well as the acne stopped; even the little bit of weight that I'd picked up and couldn't seem to let go of seemed to be ready to release (weight gain and difficulty getting it to budge is also a symptom of the excessive estrogen issue I believe I was dealing with). I hope you experience the same hormone balancing chuord! And thank you so, so, so much for your kind words hug.gifhappytears.gif . I will definitely try to keep that thought in the forefront of my mind and wrapped all around my everything. And will do on the pampering nod.gif . You get your DH to do the same flowersforyou.gif .

Old 06-01-2013, 04:20 PM

Thanks mamacats - lol I've been sharing the maca vibe on the tww forum - I don't go there often but it's too good not to share ūüėĄ... I'm seriously hoping that I do get the hormonal balancing - even after all the work I do tend towards headaches around the end/start of my cycle - how cool would it be if it fixed them! I'm guessing you'll keep taking it throughout pg? Hmm I bounce off the wall for about 5 hours after 2 caps, then crash down... Still a few more days before I contemplate increasing it - but if I do I'm thinking of taking one at night to spread it out? Or maybe it's just my level of fitness letting me down lol!

Ok updates lovely ladies - remember I'm living vicariously through you tww's now ūüėú do how's it all going??

Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 PM

chuord: Yeah, I had planned on taking 500 mg of the gelatinized Gaia maca through the first tri. Then I had a panic (see this thread) when I saw the back of the container. What I've concluded is that this is pretty much like the trace lead in vitamins thing. If maca was causing birth defects surely I would have run across some information by now with everything I've been learning about it. I got a different brand and will be slowly weaning myself off of it as the placenta takes over progesterone production since my hormones should be good friends with the pregnancy by then methinks. If I was taking two caps, got extra bouncy, then crashed, I'd probably scale back just a little to see if I got the energy still but w/o the crash. Personally I wouldn't take it at night unless I wanted to be up for a while! lol.gif How did the latest interview go?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:27 PM

Good plan... I was thinking that too - had today off the maca (Sunday) but still getting the racing heart thing... So maybe 500mg is enough for me! Feeling a bit flat today - day three so migraine should be totally give tomorrow - lucky since that's the interview! I'll check out your link, but although I haven't read anything bad re pregnancy I'm sort of happy you don't plan on taking it throughout ūüėĄ I'm invested in that there baby! ūüėú

Old 06-01-2013, 10:41 PM - Thread Starter

Chuord-I don't know what the conversion rates are, but my bamboo was on clearance and my mom & 2 aunts all chipped in together to get it for me thumb.gif

Not a good idea to take maca after mid-afternoon unless you want to pull an all nighter winky.gif perhaps you could take another dose before you expect to come down off the first-given that it's early enough in the day...?

Mamacat-the Peruvians use maca all the way through their pregnancies, and have for thousands of years. I find it somewhat hilarious that just because we don't have actual studies on it in the West that it's kind of shunned, when the FDA approves all kinds of chemicals and crap that are known to cause serious harm like every day eyesroll.gif

I'll echo Chuord-Yes!! Please relax!! Babies need chill wombs to come out happy & chill. You don't want a stressed out, high strung baby...

Been working on floors all day or well...supervising and making food to keep DP going while he lays the floors winky.gif Not done yet and we've been at it for about 12 hrs lol.gif but it's so worth it and it's nearly done!

Here's a couple pics...

Old 06-02-2013, 12:01 AM

Prescottchels - that flooring is going to totally lift and change the room! I love when you change one thing and get a whole new feel - it feels like such a bargain! Exchange rates were $1.05 our way for 2 years, just this last month it's gone the otherway with your $ worth slightly more... Lol so much of a muchness... I love when you score and family help out ūüėĄ

Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 AM

Ps why is there something about a man doing DIY that is soo hot lol!

Old 06-02-2013, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Floors look great, prescott. And I totally agree with you about the FDA and medical studies. Yes -- medical studies are useful in many respects BUT I too find it funny that so many people don't consider something as true or likely to be true until it's been proven in a medical study! As if everything under the sun has been studied and as if thousands of years worth of anecdotal evidence don't amount to anything. DH used to be in this camp -- he'd always tell me "show me the study!" and I would say, "just because it hasn't been proven yet in a study, doesn't mean it's NOT true." I think he's starting to come around :)

So curious about maca now that a few of you ladies are experimenting with it and now that mamacats got her BFP. I'm considering giving it a whirl next cycle if this one is unsuccessful. 

GF recipe side note: I made the most amazing chocolate apricot cream cheese muffins yesterday, modifying this recipe to be GF, sugar free and almost dairy free by using fresh apricots, flax meal, coconut flour, honey, butter and coconut oil, and coconut milk. I also added dark chocolate bc I basically try to add chocolate to just about every baked good I make. It was amazeballs and I ate three of them for breakfast and couldn't eat again until dinner, haha. 

AFM officially 1 DPO today. Yay! I started pineapple core today -- I did this during my BFP cycle and I'm trying to repeat everything I did that cycle in hopes of the same result (only stickier this time). DH took his exam yesterday and although we'll be on pins and needles waiting for the result, I'm so glad it's over and we can get back to happily married life again. Amazingly, we managed to DTD CD 6, 8 and 10-14 -- I'm really proud of DH for having the stamina after studying all day and night ;) Crossing my fingers that at least one of the millions made contact with the egg!

What about you all? Where's everyone at?

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

Old 06-02-2013, 09:26 AM

Cooking, cooking, cooking, whew! I don't wanna cook anymore! lol.gif

chuord: I don't know what it is either (something very primal in us I suppose!) that makes a dude that can DIY it so hawt blush.gif . And yeah, 500 might be where it's at for you! Playing around with the dosage and figuring out what's optimal for you is so worth it!

prescott: You and oasis are absolutely right about everything you've mentioned here about how toxic everything is, the ridiculous pedestal of "studies", and the unbelievable amount of anecdotal evidence concerning the safety of various things. If I could find the actual root I would just eat it throughout uh, forever lol.gif , pregnancy and all. It's not the maca I was panicking over really but the fact that we aren't privy to the processes that our food, water, etc. go through. I was starting to worry about what else could they have put into this bottle during the processing that they're not obligated to tell me about? Really, these people don't have to tell us crap and many times they find ways not to disclose irked.gif . Once I calmed down and started thinking logically again shake.gif I came to the same conclusions. I've been having a lot of anxiety, and I mean a lot, way more than I thought I would have at this point, and I've been going in and out of serious panic mode stressing myself the hell out. I know I've got to calm down more and manage the panic (haha, a rhyme orngtongue.gif ) so I've taken a few steps to try and cool out. Those floors look incredible! I agree with chuord, that's really going to change the whole energy of the room, beautiful!

oasis: Definitely give maca a go if AF comes around this time (despite all that great timing it looks like you guys had lol). It's excellent and I would recommend it to anyone. So glad to hear that DH is past the huge test stress (what's up with my rhyming thing today? lol.gif ) so you guys can relax a bit. Mmmm, those muffins look super yummy! And with your subs they're ultra packed with good for you stuff it sounds. Ha, with all that fiber in coconut flour yeah, I'll bet you were indeed stuffed 'til dinner lol.

So I took the kiddos to the park to hang with a friend of mine and her kiddos. The boys had a lot of fun but people still don't really get what I'm talking about when I say my kid can't touch cheese and pb&j's irked.gif . Even when they say they had to deal with the same kind of thing I just can't put much stock in that b/c if you and your kid went through what we're going through I would think a little more empathy would be at play shrug.gif . Oh, and DS1 lost his shoes or somebody stole 'em eyesroll.gif . I just got him those damn shoes a month ago *smh*. The last time we were at that park somebody ganked our jug of water, poured it out, and was using it in the water play area irked.gif . WTH is wrong with folks? Don't they teach their kids manners anymore? angry.gif

Gotta run for now. Catch up with you guys more a bit later. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! blowkiss.gif

Old 06-02-2013, 04:14 PM

chuord: How is your head feeling today?

prescott: Haha! We loved those videos. That Maru kitty was too friggin' adorable orngbiggrin.gif . And Epic looks awesome! Can't wait to check it out lurk.gif .

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List