The Saner TTC-Flower Moon - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello all and welcome!

The original "Sane 2ww" thread was started by zenquaker. This is a continuation of the "Sane 2ww" thread and we felt "A Saner TTC" was a natural evolution. 

Here's the gist of the original thread: this is a space to re-conceive the 2ww as a time of waiting and contemplation. Although we don't judge those who wish to poas frequently, symptom-spot, or do chart analysis, this a space set apart from that activity. We share our thoughts about other ways to approach the 2ww and all parts of our cycles. We encourage each other to feel our feelings fully and to greet all possible outcomes with openness.

We hope you'll join us.

Just realized it was time for a new thread when I was checking my calendar to make sure there wasn't anything else I was sposed to be doing besides hanging out here winky.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#2 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks Prescottchels! I love that pic of you two together, exactly as I thought - a really good match!
Hmm pics..... Here's one of my little girl.. Mary poppins (poppy)
she was bullied by our older cat for 10 years, we lost the older one in January, and now poppy is a little diva!
Ok more spotting last night, so I'm probably out... Will see today

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#3 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Awww Poppy love.gif I love Grays. I had one a few yrs back and she was the quirkiest girl ever. I've heard spotting is pretty normal early on so I'm not voting you out yet thumb.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#4 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Fingers, toes, knees and elbows crossed for you chuord! That late has GOT to be a good sign ;-). Think- late BFP, late BFP.....
Keep us posted :-)
#5 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 PM

prescott: You guys are just the sweetest coupling, awwww! love.gif And your relax day sounds wonderful as just those types are some of my favorite kinds of days nod.gif . I would definitely pet and pet and pet Willoughby orngbiggrin.gif . So on Prescott, DH isn't feeling the smallness but he's getting pretty excited about Phoenix so woohoo! I thought he was going to veto AZ altogether but he's looking at more about the area and seems with it. We might both get what we want energy.gif . fingersx.gif that O cooperates! dust.gif

chuord: Still got my crossables crossed for you! dust.gif And your Poppy is adorable biggrinbounce.gif .

So I've been having some low-grade nausea the last couple of days with a definite deep wave of it today where I thought I was going to throw up (I hardly ever throw up, not even when I had the constant nausea when I was pg with the boys; it was so bad I sure wanted to though!) I'm wondering if it's b/c I upped my maca from 1,000 mg to 1,500 mg. My girls have the faintest tingles ever so often too. Things happening with the old uterus and cervix, and weird PMS. Not exactly my normal crazy-wicked PMS, something else. I am craving carbs like I usually do before the smackdown though. Ugh, the hell if I know. This might all be maca related as my body continues to balance back out.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#6 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 03:25 PM

Oh, and thanks for the new thread prescott! Geez, time is movin'! bigeyes.gif

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#7 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 03:53 PM

Thanks ladies! You can't see in the pic but she has deep amber eyes, she is a British shorthair, and obviously I'm besotted... Since we lost dh cat Meaghann - yep that's how it was spelled! Poppy thinks he is the number one person to love - it's so funny, but makes me sure mega is still around telling her what to do!
Mamacats - those symptoms sound awesome! I've been similar with the nausea - Friday I was almost looking for the loo (toilet), then 10 min later felt fine and hungry then cycled again... I started the maca the day after, and then us spotting... Only on one tablet of maca so far (500mg) do you know what's optimal? Btw when will you poas?
Prescottchels - you are right re spotting, now I remember I had about 3 weeks of spotting and cramping with the dreaded T pgy, was living in daily expectation of AF and eventually went to the doc... I did notice my (tmi) pee changed colour to more of a bright gold though lol, I've been watching for that - I think it's changed, lol but probably happy guessing!
My cramping last night told me it was over, but???? Will keep you posted. The depressing bit is if I'm out the delayed AF will mean I'm 39 before I get to o again, was so hoping to be pg before then. I do however keep putting it to the universe to let it be true if its healthy and good or to help AF show otherwise - remembering I didn't get the best 'deposit' this month!
So Prescottchels - did you get that extra bd covered? Fx for you mama!

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#8 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 04:21 PM

chuord: According to this page people tend to get good results with 2,000-3,000 mg daily. I started out with 500 mg the first few days (started on CD3 or 4) then went to 1,000 mg when I seemed to handle that fine, then about two weeks after that, around CD19, I went to 1,500 mg. Since I've always had super sensitive hormones I thought I'd start on the slow side, see how things were feeling, then work up to 2,000. A serving on mine though is 2 capsules = 1,000 mg, so maybe I'm fine sticking with 1,500. I started feeling better right away and never got those crazy knots I was getting before O and that was with the smaller dose! I so hope you go BFP this cycle hug.gif . Oh, on POAS, I don't think I'll do it unless I'm 14 or 15 DPO and AF hasn't gotten my yet. I'd rather see Rose than that damnable one line! lol.gif

#9 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mamacat-yeah Prescott can definitely feel small at times, but I'd much rather that than be swallowed up by a big city and I despise traffic so I'm stickin w/smallsville for now winky.gif 17 years this august bigeyes.gif talk about time flying! I don't feel old enough to have lived here that long lol.gif. I was 19 when I left home...surely that was just a few years ago, right!?! I'm kinda lookin forward to doing some kind of celebration/right of passage in 2 years (if I'm still here...) to mark that I've lived 1/2 my life here and 1/2 in Portland, OR partytime.gif

I do hope hope hope if ya'll are gonna move that you land in Phx if that is where you really want to be cuz 2 hrs away is totally doable love.gif

Don't know what to tell ya about your wacko symptoms... I typically take 1000-1500 mg/day of maca and haven't noticed anything like you describe, but I've heard of other people having different reactions to it, so it might be that...where are you in your cycle? You can always back it off a bit and see what happens...

Chuord-yes, we did get our morning BD in Sheepish.gif and there's really only 2 days that I won't see DP at all, if I pounce on him as soon as he gets back in town lol.gif So those odds aren't too bad...

#10 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 04:42 PM

prescott: Yeah man, I was diggin' the small town feel! lol Our city has grown so much here and I can't stand it, all the traffic and the rudeness irked.gif . I want to step back and be able to breathe again. I'm willing to compromise with DH as far as big vs small city goes since it looks like AZ will work so nicely for us all orngbiggrin.gif . And 19, oh girl yes, that was just 2, 3 years ago at most nod.gif . I feel the same exact way dear heart. In my cycle, I'm 11DPO today so about 4 or 5 more days before AF would show if she's gonna. Seems like forever! I'm thinking of going back down to 1,000 mg to see if the nausea eases up. I sure want to stay at 1,500 though. Around 7DPO I started feeling super-wicked per my usual and that's when I upped the dose. Before this I hadn't experienced any nausea or anything. IDK, I'll probably stick it out since the nausea, if it's a maca side-effect, is supposed to be indicative of your hormones straightening themselves out. And that's what I want so I'm willing to deal smile.gif .

#11 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad u started another one smile.gif
#12 of 356 Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Just watched "Epic" at the theater and it was AWESOME!! http://www.epicthemovie.com/  I had never heard of it, but my friend had visitation w/her kiddo tonight and they wanted to see it-supervising visitation is so rough winky.gif

So back to pics...who wants to share pics of themselves/their fam/their furballs? love.gif

Mamacat-2, 3yrs ago, exactly!! lol

So... well you'll love to have an escape route to Prescott when city livin and the summer heat get ya down, ya just tootle on up the hill to the cool pines of Prescott (pronounced like biscuit-you don't want sound like a foreigner when you get here winky.gif) I could write tourist ads for the chamber of commerce...lol.gif

11 DPO-you're almost there!! Keep breathin! I feel like I'm coaching you thru transition lol.gif 

Scjp-a month or so back we shared how we came to our usernames. I think you missed that convo...Wanna share? 

Oh and more funny cat videos Sheepish.gif My stepmom keeps sending me these links and they're just too good not to share 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYlTO1jP_BY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ctJJrBw7e-c

#13 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 12:40 AM

Prescottchels - yay for funny cat links! Lol I'll check them in a bit...
Just changed today's to light on ff... I think I prefer the lonely line to day one on a chart!

#14 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 02:30 AM

So I'm going to hold the hope for all your symptoms! Chuord, I hope your light is a touch if early pregnancy bleeding. Stay away AF you're not welcome! Mamacats, hoping the nausea is a healthy LO messing with your system. I'm hoping. Fingers crossed for both if you! :-)

I've never heard of maca and I'm a bit nervous of messing with my hormones while TTC. Have you taken it long? Does it work for you? I learn all sorts on here!

Prescott- well done on timely BD, when do you expect O? Hopefully you are within the window, or early enough to hit when he gets home.

I'm 4 dpo and nothing to report, just rolling nicely into the TWW. We hit more days than ever this month (every day up to -1) so it may work. If not, we have the doctors appointment next Friday, I'm actually looking forward to it!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :-)
#15 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 09:20 AM

We are a cat family too!cat.gif

DS1 named him Snowball.

We had another cat, Frank, that went missing a few weeks ago greensad.gif

I added some photos of my children here: http://www.mothering.com/community/g/a/484308/my-family/

I didn't add them directly to the thread because once they are embedded I can't remove them later. I can delete them from the thread but they stay embedded on my profile page. I like to have more control over my pictures than that. Has anyone else had this problem?

My user name is the name my mom started calling me when talking to my children about me.

chuord - I saw CD1 on FF this morning irked.gif Like the other ladies, I hope that it's not really af.gif

prescottchels - Maybe I should take my kids to see Epic too. Do you supervise visitation as a court order for your friend? I was confused by that part.

oxford - I hope you don't need the doc appointment fingersx.gif but I am glad that you are looking forward to it. Will they be running any tests? labs?

mamacat - Please let this be it! Nothing I saw about MACA side effects indicated nausea. dust.gif

scjp1109 - tiphat.gif

AFM - DH started a new part-time job (he's a paramedic and SAHD, I work full time). He will work 12 hour shifts on weekends (Fri-Sun) for a while so that we can fatten up our savings account. He is always exhausted after working so I am trying to adjust my mentality to not be pushy or upset if we don't get good BD coverage because he isn't up for it. I am going to channel my inner hippie hippie.gifand really try to just accept whatever happens!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#16 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 10:39 AM

I wanted to add that anyone wanting to research MACA or anything else for that matter  - I like to use Google Scholar http://scholar.google.com/ and PubMed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed these search engines get you to peer reviewed journal articles and abstracts.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

#17 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Chuord-I like others am not ready to believe, yet... irked.gif

Oxford-Maca is sposed to help hormones balance, increase libido, and is generally a superfood taken for centuries by the south american natives-men & women. Here's a couple links for ya

http://www.littlebitbetter.org/eating-well/maca-root-superfood-star/

http://navitasnaturals.com/product/457/Maca-Raw-.html

Typically O is around CD 14, except last month at CD 10, which isn't unheard of for me in years past, but in the last 6 months of TTC that was the first it had been so early so I have no idea when to expect it this month, and I'm not doing OPK's since DP is gonna be away for a few days, and I don't chart cuz I'm self-employed and my schedule changes too much for temping to be accurate.

Pattimomma-Snowball makes me think of Snowbell from the Stuart Little movies love.gif

Those are some super cute kiddos! I don't think I knew that pics were forever embedded until just yesterday when I was looking at my own profile page. I don't worry about it...I've never had anyone get on my case here on MDC about anything so I guess I don't feel like I have anything to hide, plus I don't have kiddos yet that I feel like I have to protect from weirdos winky.gif

Oh yeah, you missed in previous threads here about the supervised visit thing. Yes, it's court ordered and her ex-DH had to approve the person, whoever my friend picked and it turned out to be me cuz he trusts me and I'm more affordable than the people that do it as their profession, and they didn't want it to be weird for the kid. He doesn't know that it's supervised. He's only been told that I'm there to help his mom drive and such so she can spend more time w/him or whatever. He's just 7.

We all need to channel our inner hippie lol Go with the flow, baby...

Since DP is on the river I'm channeling all my energy toward reclaiming my office, again! lol.gif I made serious progress yesterday, but now my front porch looks like I'm having a yard sale Sheepish.gif from all the stuff I put out there that needs to go in the shed, which is another project shy.gif but at least I can walk into the office and I can actually see the top of the desk and there's room to do work. I need to get back to scanning old family negatives for one of my clients... and I changed out the Spring window to Summer, yesterday too!

Anyone else have any TWW projects? 

It's hard to see, but there are 4 ladybugs & 3 dragonflies that I attached to the leaves. I love them. 

Here's a closeup of my fave ladybug, cuz the cuteness slays me. 

#18 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 03:36 PM

Pattimomma - gorgeous kids! And my first cat was white too, she was snowy, followed by the next white cat - snowflake lol... It's a fret white cat all rounder! I'm so impressed with the hippie vibe - fx you stick to it with ease! Lol my first year of Uni the revised the musical 'hair' we went as a bunch from residential college - everyone borrowed either mine or my boyfriends regular clothes to wear 😳😁😜 lol hilarious!
Oxford - I have a good feeling about you this month... You were definitely covered!

Lucille a hugs lady hoping the m/s hasn't got you so beat down today xxx

Prescottchels - I love your windows, and the ladybug hedgehog combo is so adorable... I watched the funny cats this morning - loved them! Maru looks like a British shorthair (the boys have boof heads) crossed with Garfield! And the water cats was a crack up - my parents had a water cat before us, it used to jump in the washing up water, and go for walks to the beach... My British boy would sit by the pool and watch us, but if you bathed him (bathtub) he'd. Freak out and deficate lol.
You'll have to post an office pic - I love watching to organize!

Mamacats - I'm way more than hopeful for you this month it just feel right...

Thanks for the love ladies! I'm sending it back to you all 😀😊... So bleeding stopped (it was slightly heavier than spotting) temp was still above cover line today... So I texted my natural guru.., who wrote back that dh (subconscious) had told her two weeks ago that I am pg and still are... So I'm holding onto hope at present... She also told me to be normal, as apparently I'm in 'lockdown' already... (Not sure exactly what that meant) all I know is yesterday I bought new pants and top for my interview - I couldn't handle anything firm around the tummy lol - it was a horrid trip I felt sooo frumpy.... So I still bfn yesterday, and until that changes I'm not sure - but I'm staying hopeful

#19 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM

Hiya ladies! wave.gif Just popping in real quick.

prescott: Haha! You know that's how I was pronouncing it too! ROTFLMAO.gif Pres-cott, short e,short o lol, until we started watching videos on the area and said "Ahh, one of those tricksy words eh?" lol.gif . Will check out your links in the AM. On pics, I'm a paranoid freak and not too keen about putting our family's pics out on the boards sulkoff.gif . I'll share some kind of pics soon though orngbiggrin.gif . Love the new summer window; wow, seems like you just put up the spring one! dizzy.gif So cute with the ladybug and the hedgehog smile.gif .

chuord: Ooh, that's exciting stuff from your guru! You are working the hell out of the zen lady; keep it up! dust.gif Hoping you're right and this cycle is the one, for both of us fingersx.gif .

pattimomma: Those babies are absolutely adorable! love.gif And I love Google Scholar thumb.gif .

So me, I've read in a couple of places people saying maca caused them nausea but that could have been for any number of reasons as they didn't really go into how much they were taking or anything. I've been doing more looking into maca stuff and it looks like the gelatinized (if one is going for a powder to toss into shakes and stuff) is what I want over the raw because of the goitrogens and such. Definitely not looking to screw up my thyroid! If it's raw, that's supposed to be used as a cooking flour. What I did with mine today is took it out of the capsules and poured brewed water over my half tsp. I've got some crazy energy right now energy.gif ; very alert. I have not had this effect really before and it's wonderful not to be so wiped out right now! Had me some awesome dreams last night loveeyes.gif . 12DPO and no idea one way or the other. Oh, and our car broke today irked.gif . Gotta get it towed to the shop (gooooooo ERS!) but not even sure if they're open tomorrow shake.gif . We have the worst luck with cars! Ok, BBL to catch up more blowkiss.gif .

#20 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 08:25 PM

Rofl mamacats! You can tell the maca effect from reading your post... You sound like you're running while typing! 😝😜😛

I was thinking, what we want is for everyone to bfp at the same time then we can just stay on this thread and change it to the saner 9 months! I love that idea!
Go eggies, go eggies! (I had maca too you know)

#21 of 356 Old 05-26-2013, 08:56 PM

Bwahahahaha chuord! That's a perfect visual of what I felt like! lol.gif And absolutely, I keep hoping that we'll all BFP around the same time and have ourselves a Saner Preggies Party carrot.gif .

#22 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 AM

*sigh* Going into monthly breakdown mode. I'd love to stay positive/be hopeful but with this kind of temp drop it's not in me...

#23 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Hmmmm I'm thinking I need to open those maca caps too! I never feel super energized by them or anything else and that would be rad! 

Awwww mamacat....  big hugs to you hunny bun 

#24 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 AM

Big hugs mamcats. I hope it's a dip an it rides back up again tomorrow. :-)
#25 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 01:41 PM

mamacat, I saw that temp dip this morning irked.gif I hope it's nothing hug2.gif

#26 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 02:00 PM

Hi Oxford, pattimomma - what's up with you guys?
Prescottchels - need my lol cats 😄, are you checking for o or being good?

Mamacats - snap! I got a dip too 😡so big hugs lady - and here's hoping they are just passing through!
I'm trying to make an appointment with my guru lady... The emotional roller coaster is driving me nuts! Especially with the job interview tomorrow as well.. So I figure I need some calming down..
One thing that's giving me hope is spotting is 'normal' for me in early pg, also the cramping that feels like AF will start any day... So over that - been going for about 5 days now!

#27 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Gads, Chuord! I'd need to go sit on top of a mountain to find calm enough to get thru a job interview and a seemingly indecisive body dizzy.gif

I haven't checked for O, but this morning I did notice the strong desire to POAS, any stick!! ROTFLMAO.gif but I didn't...instead I've been watching one episode after another of "Once Upon a Time" on netflix. all. day. long Sheepish.gif so much for organizing or accomplishing anything today....It's quarter past 2 in the afternoon so there's still time in the day and it's so beautiful, sunny & 75-totally perfect and I'm inside watching tv. silly girl...

#28 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 02:57 PM

Go on Prescottchels poas! Lol! I'm so glad to see you're just chillin! I find that relaxing or procrastinating is never as much fun when all your jobs are done and it's 'allowed' but then I am (I believe) almost a professional procrastinator 😁😇... There's nothing better than watching a series on a day like that... Hope you get time for a vit d dose age too!
Thanks for making me feel less pathetic by being so stressed about all my bits 😄 I go from no life to everything at once... It's the way I used to operate, but sadly I'm thinking I like being a stay at home wife, life is good... So why would I want a job lol... Ok I have to stop writing - cos when stressed I'm a gabster!
Btw - so over the back ache, cramping and nightmares...

#29 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 06:11 PM

Thanks so much for the loves you guys grouphug.gif . Not a productive day for me, at all, and if I'd had the day to myself I would have sat around watching tv too prescott nod.gif .

So you're taking your hat back out of the WOH ring chuord? Gotta do what feels right that's for sure! Still gotta hope for us even though temp drops are discouraging fingersx.gif . And ugh, so sorry about the nightmares and other funkiness hug.gif .

Tomorrow is 14DPO. If AF is coming she's touching down either tomorrow or Wednesday. Can I just sleep through the next two days?!

#30 of 356 Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 PM

Hi ladies! Have been MIA -- distracted Memorial Day weekend and it's already CD 10, anxiously awaiting O in the next few days. I actually already have way more CM this cycle than I have the last few (CM randomly decided to like go away 3 cycles ago -- hormones are so weird!) so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Going for a run but just wanted to pop in and say mamacats I hope the temp dip was a false alarm for you and chuord wow what a roller coaster -- keeping all fx that this is it for you. I got a late BFP with my miscarriage at 16 DPO and while that didn't end well my mom told me a story about her own pregnancy with me that eased my mind. She had missed her period, went to the doc for a beta (this was the 80s so I don't think HPTs were as sensitive as they are nowadays!) and it came back negative. So the doc put her on provera to induce her period, knowing that she was TTC and would want to get on with it. Well a week later period still hadn't shown so she went back to the doc and blood test positive! She said she spent nearly the whole pregnancy then freaking out that the provera had done something to harm the baby but here I am (fairly) normal and healthy! So just a little hopeful story for you or anyone else who might be getting BFNs with a late period!

Have a nice day ladies!

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page