Advice?? Can someone with a BFP relate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2013, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone! I've only made one other thread so i'm still new here trying to figure it all out, lol. I wanted to explain my symptoms and get some opinions.

The main thing right now is for the past two days I feel like my period is here because I have all the af symptoms (plus a lot other symptoms), but no actual period. Durring my period I get cramps and mild diarrhea(sorry! Tmi). But I ONLY get those during my period, not before. I've had sore breast since about 4 dpo (normally it's about 3 days before af). I'm super tired, nasuea, indegestion, had cramps for two days off and on about 7 dpo and they just started up again yesterday (11 dpo). I have lower back aches that feel like period cramps but in my back (btw-the cramps are centered to my left side and the middle), my breast just keep getting more sore every day! I haven't been able to sleep the last two nights because of the breast pain and the hot flashes. I got slightly dizzy for the 1st time yesterday (11 dpo).

I took 2 HPT cheapies at 7 dpo and 10 dpo and both were negative. Someone posted on another thread that those haven't been working for them and to try a first response. I plan to do that but not until after my period is supposedly due in 2 days which will be cd32. I set that prediction to my longest cycle length.

I would appreciate any advice! I know I should test again but the dissapoingment of a bfn is too much to see again. I would rather af just show herself. Thanks everyone and sorry for the long post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM

7 dpo and 10 dpo are both pretty early. Do you have a sense of how long your luteal phase normally is? Are you sure of your O date--did you get it through charting this month or through using some mathematical model?

It is hard to wait to take a test. Personally I always prefer to wait until such a time as I can be sure a negative is a negative, because if I get a negative but it might be too early for a positive it's like, well, that was pretty useless information and I am no better off than before. Try to think about something else for a couple of days. Do you have any good library books? ;)

Old 06-01-2013, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by erigeron View Post

7 dpo and 10 dpo are both pretty early. Do you have a sense of how long your luteal phase normally is? Are you sure of your O date--did you get it through charting this month or through using some mathematical model?

It is hard to wait to take a test. Personally I always prefer to wait until such a time as I can be sure a negative is a negative, because if I get a negative but it might be too early for a positive it's like, well, that was pretty useless information and I am no better off than before. Try to think about something else for a couple of days. Do you have any good library books? wink1.gif

Yeah, I know that was early. I shouldn't have done that. The reason I think I O'ed on the day I did is becaue my app calculated it as such. I could be between 2-4 days off on both sides. My cycles are between 23-30 days, so an irregular, regular period. Lol. Actually, I do have quite a few book lying around I have collected but haven't opened yet. This might be a good time to start to help pass time!
Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 AM

The wait is driving me crazy. I also have two more days and keep going back and forth about whether or not this is it. I have been taking a test every morning since 9dpo...still negative...but what the heck I am a "pee on a stick" addict and I bought my tests on sale. It also keeps me from going completely insane. They say they can test as early as 6 days before expected AF but my luteal phase is only 10 days so I doubt they will work for me. I usually get my BFP's on DPO 12. Good luck and maybe we will both have our BFP's soon. This sight has also helped me stay grounded.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post

The wait is driving me crazy. I also have two more days and keep going back and forth about whether or not this is it. I have been taking a test every morning since 9dpo...still negative...but what the heck I am a "pee on a stick" addict and I bought my tests on sale. It also keeps me from going completely insane. They say they can test as early as 6 days before expected AF but my luteal phase is only 10 days so I doubt they will work for me. I usually get my BFP's on DPO 12. Good luck and maybe we will both have our BFP's soon. This sight has also helped me stay grounded.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/

Lol, I would probably be a "pee in a stick" addict if I wasn't so bumbed out by the bfn's. I know I took mine early but I know i'm pregnant. My breast hurt more than they ever have before. I keep checking them to see if they have bruises because they are so sore on the sides! Plus I have most of the other symptoms and a constant temp of 99.4-99.6 I'm even getting my period cramps when my af is actually due! I've always tracked my period but a few months ago I got lazy and stopped putting in the dates of my periods so on one month I went in and guessed. I know the guess was wrong because it made me have the longest cycle i've ever had, 33 day cycle. But to be safe I'm waiting until the 34th cycle day to test even though I know i've never had a period go that long. Also, i've obly used 2 cheap test and someone said those might be inaccurate. I sure hope we both get our BFP soon!! I'm going to test the day after tomorrow, when will you test? The same day or wait a little longer?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM

hi mistynicole, sorry to get your hopes up AGAIN but it sure sounds like you are pregnant! yes i think you should test again with a FRER. the internet ones i had were not from the same batch and neither one picked up a BFP when the FRER did. hope you get your BFP soon! 

the free at home pregnancy test is to poke yourself in the boob and see if it hurts! lol. 

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Announcing baby Kayla, born October 21 2014.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 AM

Still gonna test everyday until my temp plummets or my AF arrives. Hope we both make it on to the February due date club. smile.gif

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesepumpkin View Post

hi mistynicole, sorry to get your hopes up AGAIN but it sure sounds like you are pregnant! yes i think you should test again with a FRER. the internet ones i had were not from the same batch and neither one picked up a BFP when the FRER did. hope you get your BFP soon! 

the free at home pregnancy test is to poke yourself in the boob and see if it hurts! lol. 

Haha, it's okay to get my hopes up because i'm posotive i'm pregnant (i'll really regret that is af shows tomorrow). My longest cycle, which happened just once, is due yesterday and I haven't tested since 11 dpo. Going to get a FRER test today or tomorrow so hopefully it will show a BFP! If not then i'll just keep testing until aomething happens. At first, with my boobs, I though 'well they're not THAT sore' but now the literally wake me up at night because they hurt so bad. I would swear my boobs were full of bruises. The slightest touch let alone poke is very painful. Plus, all of the other typical symptoms are just becoming stronger! I'm hoping I can come back and tell you I have a BFP as well!!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Just letting you guys know, I got my BFP this morning!!!!!!! orngbiggrin.gif
Old 06-04-2013, 07:50 PM

Congratulations!!! Happy 9months to you!

Here is my story.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1384432/june-two-week-wait-buddy-group#post_17373928

Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM

Hurrah! Congratulations.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List