Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 68Likes

#361 of 751 Old 07-31-2013, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Lucille - gotta love the moving. It's an amazing feeling.

Shell??

Updates anyone?

Afm - chillin' and swinging between hungry and nauseous with a huge dose of tired. Will be 5w friday.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#362 of 751 Old 07-31-2013, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 309 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Lucille, sila - yay on feeling babies move lots wink1.gif
Chrissy how far are you now? How is it going?

Shell - looking forward to your scan results, and I agree awesome on the spotting stopping.

Everyone else, how's life? Sherry how are you going on the decision dilemma?

Afm- back from Darwin now, settling into normal life... Cd2 today so hopefully back on the train... Dh is low on zinc (according to my natural health lady) two people have suggested getting liquid form and adding it to his water (he won't take as he thinks his fine) do he's getting it, apparently he won't taste it until he has had enough... Then I'll just need to apologize - I'm not a huge fan though, am wondering about sprinkling it on his food? If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear.

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#363 of 751 Old 07-31-2013, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chuord - Zinc is crucial in sperm production and function! Pumpkin seeds are a great source! If you're animal eaters, oysters are supposedly the highest zinc food (and other animal meats). I'm taking a liquid calcium magnesium zinc at the moment...it tastes like orange creamsicle...

Chrissy - Go baby go!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#364 of 751 Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM

Thanks sila! I know right... There is my main problem I think (his sperm)... It's just the sneaking I have issues with... Also am getting some vitex for me wink1.gif

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
#365 of 751 Old 07-31-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Worried about Shell.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#366 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

So I ended up with what I think was an ovarian cyst bursting a couple days ago. That really sucked, but I hope it doesnt mean I am out this cycle.

Chourd- Will your hubby at least take a multivitamin with zinc in it?

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#367 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindlessChrissy View Post

Worried about Shell.

Me too.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#368 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 11:49 AM

Hi y'all, sorry it took so long to get back. I've had a migraine and still do.
The ultra sound showed the baby growing on time with a heart beat of 183 bpm ...no bleeding in the uterus, but her Sayyid it looked like I had some in my cervix. I started spotting brown again while I was at the doctors office, and I'm still having brown stuff now...he said he had 0 concerns about me and the baby and that things look great....I've just got to tell myself every time I see this brown stuff that itsfromthe cervix and has nothing to do with the baby....its still very unsettling. My right bottom cheek has a baseball size lump from the pio shots and is making my whole body ache... I think that is why I have the migraine, but we did get to seed the baby move :-) my next ultra sound is in 2 weeks..unless I have stress to bad then I'll be there sooner. I just had a gush of brown a minute ago which freaked me out!! But maybe that was the last of the cervical blood. Hopefully!!! I'm so sick with g this headache right now I've been sleeping on and off.

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#369 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM

Chrissy: are you going to get betas done? I am so grateful I'm pregnant, but boy oh boy is it stressful!!
Chord: I had to make my dh.take his vitamins he hated taking them too, complained they gave him gas lol...do i crushed them up and put then in his protein shake.
Mountainmama, ouch sorry about your cyst, I've had those in the past...super painful
Sila, Lucille,i can't wait to finally feel this little baby move!! What a relief that will be.
Skj, how are you??

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#370 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Oh Shell - so happy to hear this! I truly thought nothing was wrong, but then I got a little worried smile.gif Sorry about the migraine.

I'm good. I'll be 25 weeks on Saturday. I'm starting to feel really big. On the one hand, things are flying by. On the other hand, I still have 3.5 more months to go. As for the spotting, when that happened to me, I just stopped looking. I still don't check my underwear or the toilet paper. It's way less stressful that way considering that there is really nothing that can be done about it and, like your doc said, it's no big deal. I don't even look when I flush. I know, crazy, right?

I hope the spotting stops soon and you don't have to stress about that.

Hi everyone else. I'm reading along, but have been super busy lately. I'll try to stop by for personals soon blowkiss.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#371 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 12:46 PM

#372 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM

You look so lovely SKJ!
Its such a relief to know ?that all is fine Shell. sorry about the migraine, I know you can't wait to stop the shots.
Hi Chuord, hope you're able to get DH to take the zinc without arousing suspicion LOL!
Sila: How are you doing lady?

Our rainbow is here! arrived on his due date

#373 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Shell - yay for a healthy on size baby smile.gif and I think unless you are having pain skj's technique of not looking is awesome - I'll remember that one wink1.gif huge hugs on the migraine! After having them daily for a year or two you have all my sympathy... I'm hoping it is the pio and that the pain stops when you no longer take it... Have you tried any treatment for the pain? Acupuncture, Bowen therapy?
SKJ - you look soo adorable, what a perfect size baby bump, glad you are so zen with it all now smile.gif are you likely to end up with your preferred birthing style with the way things are going now?
Mountain ans - hugs on the cyst... Fx it's still all go for you!
Chrissy - you are awesome worrying about everyone else when all you have to check your own pg are Hpts! I second shell, are you aw to get betas? Or was that what your doc told you was a waste of time? Hugs on the waiting... How many weeks now? And when can you get a scan?
Lucille - catch us up on how you are doing wink1.gif
Sila, sherry, adie, mama blue - hi there
Indie - how you are doing ok...

Zinc saga - lol I got the drops (and vitex for me) then I decided to be honest and offered them to dh - may as well have been a snake! He doesn't have shakes, he's a meat and rice man... Lol he does like oysters but I'm guessing a few dozen a day would be a little obvious. He assures me he'll be fine, and that supplements are useless (medically speaking he says - idiot!) - so frustrating!

36***40
#374 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Chuord, my dear, I'd be pretty mad in your shoes RE: zinc!

Chrissy: updates? Lots of good vibes for you!

Lucille, wow, time flies! How far are you now?

Shell, I'm so glad things are looking so good! You know, I don't know if I told you, but my mom, who struggled with if, she had similar gushing then long spotting with me, and I'm here!

SKJ, looking good!!

Afm, I start lupron Monday, but even better, I start my new job on the 19th! I think I mentioned it a long time ago (it has been a very very long process). Yay!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#375 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

JPack - Yay on starting your job soon and starting lupron!

Chuord - Yea, I'd be ticked at dh, too. Mine would refuse things then I'd pull out the "Since it seems like I'm in this on my own, I guess I really don't need you." Mean, I know, but it worked.

Lucille - Hello my dear!

SKJ - Hello gorgeous!!

Shell - YES! So glad baby looks great. Was getting worried when there was no update. I'm sorry about the migraine. I get them and they suck.

AFM - I am on 18dpo today. Forgot to test this morning as I was up a lot through the night. So at 4:15p.m this is what I got:

Hope it looks good. lol

Also, to answer some questions, I'm not getting a beta done and doubt I'll go to an ob until 12 weeks. All my losses have been from now until 9 weeks. I usually start spotting about 6w or so. So, I'm trying to be okay with things and believe everything will be okay. It's rough. lol I do have symptoms. Pee a lot, when I get hungry I have to eat now, tired, sore ta-ta's but it could be the progesterone.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#376 of 751 Old 08-01-2013, 09:11 PM

Congrats MindlessChrissy!!! Good luck!

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#377 of 751 Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 AM

MountainMama - I hope the cyst has resolved. No fun.

Shell - I'm glad everything is looking great! I do not miss the whole body ache and the big lumps in the butt. Hang in there.

Chuord - I'd be so angry and totally pull the "so do you want a baby or not" card which is probably mean. Honestly, there was a pretty big difference in DH's SA before doing anything and after 3 months of supplements (multivitamin and eating pumpkin seeds and brazil nuts daily - zinc and selenium - and other foods with these nutrients) and weekly acupuncture. I think it totally helped, or at least his numbers greatly improved!

Jpack - SO excited for you and your cycle and new job!

SKJ - Glad all is going well! I hope things slow down for you as it gets closer to baby time!

Chrissy - Looks great to me!!!

AFM - Everything is going well here too. I'm 23.5 wks. Baby is a busy body which is super reassuring. It's so fun to feel her moving from the outside too. I was feeling really good for weeks and suddenly this week I'm feel gross and queasy again and am not getting much done. Blah. We've chosen a name for her which I'll probably wait to share online until she is born. I don't have a recent picture so I'll have to take one for you guys. Definitely getting bigger that's for sure! 

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#378 of 751 Old 08-02-2013, 09:34 PM

I think I am 100% now. No pain in my belly anymore. 4 DPO (I think. All my fertility symptoms went away with the cyst event), and I am ok with whatever happens. However we are one of 10 profiles given to a birthmom that is due this month!!! How exciting is that?!

#379 of 751 Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 AM

Jpack - that is awesome news re the job finally being reality! Hope you enjoy it as much as you expected.

Chrissy - I know it's hard to tell, but I'm hoping so much this one is a sticky for you

Sila / Jpack and everyone- thanks for the zinc support! You know you being that angry has actually relieved a lot of my tension - so thanks! He has got multi's that he takes when he remembers/ feels like... I got the zinc in drops so I will be adding it to his stuff when the opportunity arises... Also I've already googled zinc rich foods - I love scallops so that's on the table next week... Dh is a meat-a-holic so as long as its high in zinc he'll be getting three people's serves worth wink1.gif
I no longer feel guilty about being sneaky (much) and I've tons him that if nothing happens this month it's test time... So it's play or pay for him lol

36***40
#380 of 751 Old 08-03-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

MountainMama - Glad the cyst worked out. Fingers crossed things work out with birth mom.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#381 of 751 Old 08-03-2013, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Chuord - Men are such buttheads. Sorry you have to sneak iron into him.

Sila - wow! Congrats on the almost 24 weeks!!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#382 of 751 Old 08-03-2013, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

DS update - saw doctor again and he was unable to finish testing as ds is "rambunctious" so we go again on Friday. I was told that occupational therapy is recommended and ds will need a lot of support in school. So, some answers but not the whole picture yet.

Eta - I'm such an idiot. Tested this morning (21dpo) and the line isn't getting any darker. It looks a little lighter from the one a few days back.

Top is ?mu 3 days ago. Bottom is fmu today:

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#383 of 751 Old 08-04-2013, 03:38 PM

Chrissy I know it will be frustrating going so slowly with ds - but I'm so happy for you that the testing seems rigorous and complete - you will have that folder with his needs together in no time and the school will start supporting you wink1.gif
Re the test, I've heard they do start to get lighter after a while - not sure when though... I know you weren't going to worry with betas and scans but if you need peace of mind? At 21fdpo you count that as 5 weeks pg right? Or do you start from AF and call it 7? Either way you could scan soon if you chose (I remember your reasons but in case the panic is too much)
Anyone else have anything exciting? Lol I may not be writing as much but I live for reading this section lol... First thing every morning wink1.gif

36***40
#384 of 751 Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Chuord - Hi! Yea it's slow going but I keep telling myself it's all for ds to help him through life. Re the test for me, it's 5 weeks counting af like they would at docs. I just need to step away from the tests before I go more bat crap insane. Lol

Anything good going on this week for you?

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#385 of 751 Old 08-04-2013, 06:38 PM

Chrissy, it took months for them to access my dd, but it's good they are thorough. As for the test... Mine got lighter after 6 days. I wouldn't stress about that. When aster you going to scan?
Chourd, so how is the iron hiding going??
Mountain mama, that is so exciting about the birth mom...fxcrossed
Sila, ohhh i so can't wait to be 23 weeks lol...I'm already showing at 9 weeks...I'm gunna be huge!!
Jpack, how are you doing in the Lupron?
Skj, sherry, Indie... Hi y'all
Afm, sorry I'm on my phone, so all the misspelled words and errors lol.... No more spotting, I'm already showing!! Which is crazy, a little ms has finally started. Ugh but I'd rather have it then not. ...just wanted to say hi and thinking of you all.

#386 of 751 Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 AM

Chrissy nothing new here... We are both getting over an evil cold - mine turned into sinus, dh has the chesty version... So afternoon naps antibiotics and pain killers here ;( btw I love what she'll said about the tests getting lighter - and we all remember how high her betas were smile.gif
Shell - I'm so happy that you sound like you are in a happy place right now - fx it continues!
Mountain - fx on both fronts xxx

Hugs and love to everyone, too blah to type long

36***40
#387 of 751 Old 08-05-2013, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Chuord - hope you and dh feel better soon.

Shell - yay for no more spotting!!!!

Afm - I have to apologize. I know the people around me are sick of hearing me go on and on and that's why I say so much here. I know I can get annoying and I'm sorry.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#388 of 751 Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 AM

Hi, everyone!! Just a quick hello! I think of you guys often even if I'm not posting much. Newborns are all consuming! Babe is 6 weeks old now - it went fast! DH is out of town for a week so I'm staying at my parents for the extra help. My sweet girl is such a good baby - I'm lucky!

Keep good news coming everyone! xoxo

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#389 of 751 Old 08-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Great to hear from you bebe! Feel free to post a pic of baby girl anytime wink1.gif
Chrissy - firstly that's the whole point of this thread, support when everyone else is fed up of the topic (it's like they think we chose to take the hard route) and secondly considering your background, and lack of really supportive weekly medical check ups I think you are doing an amazing job at staying sane... You are being so strong and relaxed while waiting, remember that and lol while we are all being so quiet someone needs to keep the chatter up - thanks for taking it on wink1.gif

36***40
#390 of 751 Old 08-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Chrissy, please do post about how things are going! That's my perspective, anyways! I am all for it!

Bebe, I'm so glad you have support and that things are going well!

AFM: Crisis. So, as I mentioned, I got this great new job that I am very excited about. One aspect that I'm very excited about is lots of travel. Six tribal site visits, to be precise. And I just found out that they are scheduled for (very broadly/generally) May, June July and August. Sweet. If this cycle is to work for us, I'd be due mid-late May. Most terrible timing. The job was hired through a fellowship, and technically I'd be up for renewal on a normal contract in August, 2014. My boss is a woman, and very, very, very nice. No family. The maternity leave is one month paid, can be combined with two months short term disability (though then the third month would be at 3/4 pay). DD will start kindergarten in September 2014. Until that point, her childcare is $1460 for 4 days 8-4 (my mom is on for picking her up, and til we get home and for that 5th day most of the time). All else equal, my dream would be to not have DD in care while on maternity leave (or at least for most of it) and then have her start school as or after I return (maybe hire someone for the overlap). But clearly that would render me totally useless for the job I was hired to do. Sh^t!

Oh, and I've done two weeks of bcps almost, and am supposed to start lupron tonight.

I need some help.

Ideas/thoughts ladies?

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page