Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 74Likes

#481 of 763 Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Chuord - I've been taking vitex for awhile now and noticed a difference with af, too.

Hoping - Thinking of you!

Adie - WooHoo DH's swimmers!!!!

daurelia - I know how you feel. Been going along living life quite well then, bam, I start thinking and wondering and missing. It's a b@tch. Hugs, sweetie and hang in there!

AFM - DS is loving school. He can't wait to go and enjoys his teacher and the kids. He's only been 3 days so far and has had a few problems with staying in his seat on the evening bus. I sorta miss him being around but sorta don't. lol Waiting on af to show up.

Me - 40 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 41 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 763 Old 09-01-2013, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 482 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Chrissy - aww your ds sounds soo totally adorable!

I had that miserable ttc feeling yesterday... It was Father's Day here, and my parents were going out for the day with my brother and his adopted family (his partner and him dates years ago, she got married had three kids and got divorced) my brother was busy with chronic fatigue - anyway mum and dad spend lots of time helping with the kids... While its lovely it just kills me I haven been able to provide...
Anyway moving onwards and upwards - it's time ladies for more bfp's on this site wink1.gif lets block the negative and focus on it happening.

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#483 of 763 Old 09-01-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Chuord - Hugs hunnie. I'm with blocking out the negative and rocking some positives around here!

DS has informed me all the kids in his class are his brothers and sisters. There's a cute little boy who gets on the bus before ds in the morning and he waves at us so we wave back. It's adorable.

DH - 41 - old and cranky
#484 of 763 Old 09-02-2013, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I definately second that on the vitex. I've been taking it for around a month I think and this af has been cruisey. Still heavy as ever but less sore boobs and very minimal cramps leading up to it but now on CD3 no cramps at all and no sore boobs. I'd definately give it a try. The only thing is I spoke with a lady at the pharmacy who seemed to
#485 of 763 Old 09-02-2013, 04:40 AM

Sorry posted too soon!! She seemed to know what she was talking about and she suggested not to take it after o as it is a herb and prehaps not good in pregnancy? I don't know just what she said but I have been taking it through the whole cycle regardless but not sure what the research or facts are behind it. Something to think about though
#486 of 763 Old 09-03-2013, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Well ladies...I am I one of those I hate everything in the world places.  This cycle did not work...obviously.  I just feel so lost...how can I have 5 follicles and 209 million sperm and not get a bfp.  I am so sad and angry and yet still hoping.  I have been vacillating between angry and questioning.  Next cycle we will be doing our own thing no IUI...I will be in San Antonio for work. It is kind of cool because DH will be in San Antonio for work the weekend  before and I decided to go early for work so we can be there together. I am so sad but can only move on.  Thinking of you all!!  Love...Adie

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#487 of 763 Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 AM

Chrissy: Your DS does sound gorgeous smile.gif Hope you are keeping well.

Chourd: I am thinking of you and have my fingers crossed for your BFP

Adie: I'm so sorry things didn't work out this time. It really does hurt on this journey with all it's hurdles and life just seems plain unfair sometimes. I am thinking of you and hope you are taking care of yourself.

AFM: CD4 today not that it matters as DH is away but I am still hoping for the rest of you.
I never realised how emotional this road was due to having unplanned bubs. Now TTC seems like it has taken over my life, lol. No but really it is a horrible wait month after month and this is only month 5!!!
#488 of 763 Old 09-03-2013, 08:28 AM

I'm so so sorry Adie. 

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#489 of 763 Old 09-03-2013, 03:04 PM

Hugs Adie! I wish you a lovely weekend... Hope that the black mood clears... Whoever thought up the idea that AF hormones and ttc disappointment was a good combo was a bit mean I think.
Thanks hoping.... Here's hoping for us all...

Sila - how are you going? Would love to hear about it smile.gif

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#490 of 763 Old 09-03-2013, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Hugs Adie. Sucks all around.

Hi Chuord, Sila, and hoping! Wishing you ladies a great week.

Me - been keeping busy. Was home alone earlier and it was weird. Have appointment on Sunday for autism results!!

DH - 41 - old and cranky
#491 of 763 Old 09-04-2013, 03:47 PM

Chrissy I get the weird... But wait till you revisit a hobby or computer game you love... Lol plenty of you time!

#492 of 763 Old 09-05-2013, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Alright ladies. Time to shell out updates. Don't need to be ttc related either.

I'll go first - was in town yesterday and decided to get ds from school. He refused. Cried and had a fit causehe wanted to stay. I was thrown over for school!! Also trying to get my car fixed. DH thinks iit's the bearings and I think it's something else. We'll see whose right. Lol

DH - 41 - old and cranky
#493 of 763 Old 09-05-2013, 10:56 AM

First of all I just wanted to thank you ladies for supporting me in my bad mood!  It is so nice to know that I can come here and you will understand!

Chrissy- Hey at least DS likes school for now ha ha! I hope your car doesn't cost too much! I hate crud like that!

Sila-Thanks for your support!  How is that little one growing?

Chuord- I'm sorry about your miserable ttc to conceive feeling.  I love how you are trying to turn it around...I guess that's just the only thing you can do sometimes.  So random question here...but what season are you in over there?I

Hoping- How are you doing?  Are you doing anything to occupy yourself on this off month?

AFM- I am doing better.  AF has been slow to appear but she is here now.  I will be taking this month off of IUI since we will be in San Antionio for work/vacation.  However, I am thinking that I will still do clomid and take the trigger while we are there and do TI...what do you guys think?  I am trying to occupy myself by doing a new training on addiction for work.  It is pretty intensive but I find that when I get frustrated about TTC I do better when I put my energy into my career.  I am also going to a conference on attachment in San Antonio that is just incredible.  DH and I will also be going to see the book of Mormon musical while we are there.  I am so excited because I grew up Mormon and I hear that people who grew up in the LDS church or are current members seem to understand more of the jokes!  Our anniversary is tomorrow but my sweetheart will be away for work.  I guess I will celebrate with friends and have some wine...because I can ha ha!!

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#494 of 763 Old 09-05-2013, 03:40 PM

Lol adie - like you I quickly get over the lumps - for which I'm really greatful... Being cheerful most of the time definitely helps with this journey! If it were me I'd definitely take the clomid and trigger... What's to lose?

#495 of 763 Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 PM

Adie - She's getting much bigger! So I am too bigeyes.gif How many consecutive Clomid cycles have you done now? That is one concern. Most RE's don't recommend doing more than 3 in a row. Just checking. My only other concern is you wouldn't be monitored? Is that correct? You have a history of getting a lot of follicles and I would be concerned about over stimulation (resulting in cysts ect). 

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#496 of 763 Old 09-06-2013, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Aww adie. Sorry about the let down. Glad to see your hanging in there.

Chrissy. So happy your son likes school! Being alone is odd huh?

Sila and skj. How are you cooking?

Chourd. You are an example to is all for staying positive.

I'm stacking wood and getting ready for fall/ winter.

Hi to everyone else!

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#497 of 763 Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 AM

Hi everyone, sorry I have been incommunicado. i have been dealing with some serious relocation issues lately.

adie: so so sorrry dear, I have been on that wagon and no one is ever really prepared for the ride. Just keep hope alive and go ahead with any options you have. Aftrerall its better to try than to regret not trying.

Chuord: how are you doing hun? I have my fingers tightly crossed for you that this will work for you soonest.

Sila:Whoa  third trimester! how are you holding up mama?

SKJ: hope ur doing okay with preparations!

Hoping: Hi dear! a time out from ttc has its advantages, do enjoy it!

Chrissy: Oh, the roller coaster of raising LOs. Am with Chuord on getting a hobby or two to occupy ur time. hope u turn out to be right as regards the car!

Sherry: Hi mama!

Everyone else: Hi!

AFM: 25 weeks today. Time is really running fast and it seems just like yesterday...

Our rainbow is here! arrived on his due date

#498 of 763 Old 09-06-2013, 04:27 PM

Adie - I didn't even know about the issues sila raised as I've not done it... Isn't it great we have so much knowledge on here...
Sila - I think you said you'd get us a pic.....
Sherry - as soon as you said firewood my mind went to yhose beautiful pics of the woods etc... Makes you just feel happy! How's the decision making going? I'm hoping its not been too upsetting and that life has swept you away with pleasure instead smile.gif

Lucille - fb to hear from you! 25 weeks wow... I do love it when you pg ladies share your journey - it really is the best way to keep the rest of us heartened... I love the reminder that we have several past examples and 3 current ones that miracles and medicine do work! So what else is happening in baby land? (That goes for you - sila and SKJ as well... Pretty please lol) relocation? You moved house?

#499 of 763 Old 09-08-2013, 03:17 PM

Hi everyone, hope you are all holding up ok. With DH away for the month I have had too much time to think. Been putting all my energy into moving house, work, DD and DS, but now I'm questioning our decision to ttc #3!
Don't know where this is going, just rolling with it for now. DH is so stressed out with work and wants to leave the Army so I'm trying to be supportive but not sure where this will lead him. Like I said too much time to think!!!!
Anyway good luck to you all this month, my fingers are firmly crossed to hear of those BFP's! xxx
#500 of 763 Old 09-08-2013, 03:40 PM

Hoping, has he thought of looking at work with Raytheon? My friend left the raaf and went there - lol it's almost like a halfway house for military people... More structure than a normal job wink1.gif

#501 of 763 Old 09-09-2013, 11:44 PM

Hi All! I have to admit hoping and chourd it is interesting and really cool to hear you talk about things in Australia!!
Chourd and sila- I have consulted re and his ok with clomid again and TI. I did have a 2 month break after ectopic. So I'm sure it will be a bust but oh well! Sis in law thinks I need to turn into a "sexy vixen" on the trip to make it fun again! Haha!
Lucille- thanks for the support! I'm so excited for your little one!
Sherry-stacking wood as your afm cracks me up!!! So glad you're still here!
Hoping-sorry about the time out in TTC!
Chrissy- how are you?!? Things going back to normal body wise?

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#502 of 763 Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 PM

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth I don't have an excuse either. I hope this thread gets a spurt of good luck soon. I am reading along, but haven't been posting on MDC at all.

For those of you who've asked, all is well with me. I'm just over 30 weeks now. It's hard to believe. I'm still in disbelief that there will be a baby at the end of this road. Overall, things have been really easy this time around. I'm still having nausea from time to time and my pelvis is not feeling great. But so far, I'm sleeping fine and can't complain. I'll post of pic of how huge I am. it surprises me every time I see my reflection.

Thinking of you all!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#503 of 763 Old 09-10-2013, 03:13 PM

SKJ- You look amazing!  So happy for you!  Thanks for sharing with us!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#504 of 763 Old 09-10-2013, 03:29 PM

Skj - thanks for posting! That pic is gorgeous, you are right you are all baby... Lol with a tiny person attached - more importantly you glow with contentment xxx

#505 of 763 Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

SKJ - Look at you pretty lady!!! Such a cute baby belly.

Hoping - Life treating you okay?

Chuord - wave.gif

Adie - How are you?

Sherry - Ditto stacking wood. Been getting in the fallen branches for kindling. Don't work too hard.

AFM - Got results and DS is diagnosed as PDD-NOS and a second diagnosis of extreme adhd. Had a parent/teacher conference today and I think we're all on the same page with tying to get him better in school. Have the IEP meeting for Monday. Waiting on af even though I now have pg symptoms. Would be my luck. Hugs all!!

DH - 41 - old and cranky
#506 of 763 Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 PM

Chrissy- you need to ask them to also diagnose him through the dsm V! Criteria has completely changed and my girls that don't have both are struggling to get what they need as people move to the new manual! Just an insider tip wink1.gif

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#507 of 763 Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Adie! Everyone seems fine with his diagnosis so I don't know about getting it changed yet.

How is everyone? Af arrived for me which I'm happy about. Just always wish the pain wasn't there. Have a super busy week coming up. IEP on Monday and o/t Tuesday and regular therapy Wednesday and an autism get together plopped in there.

DH - 41 - old and cranky
#508 of 763 Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM

Chrissy- I'm glad everyone feels good with the diagnosis.  I was just thinking about in the near future.  I am having most of my girls diagnosed from both the dsm IV and the dsm V so they don't have to pay another bunch of money with the switch to the dsm V.  Glad af showed up...sorry about the pain!

I am currently in San Antonio Texas...I have never been here before and I am enjoying some relaxation while my hubby works before my conference starts on Wednesday.  Looks like I got a pos opk today so here goes the TI...it hasn't worked in the past but we are still going to give it a try.  Plus, why not to try to make it a little fun on vacation! ;)  Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend!

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#509 of 763 Old 09-20-2013, 04:26 PM

Adie - how was San Antonio? A romantic get away?
Chrissy - how's school and ds going?

SKJ, sila, Lucille - tell us something exciting about being pg smile.gif hope you are all well?

Sherry, indie, and (I'm on my pho e and know I'm having a mental blank re names) everyone else - sending you hugs and hoping there is something wonderful in your lives... Feel free to tell us all about it wink1.gif

Afm - I've just finished bd season, I relaxed and enjoyed it rather than forcing... Dh is still non productive - I'm thinking I've put too much stress on him so working on that this month - then we'll get tested.
One of my best mates is visiting next week (4 nights) with her two boys (5&7) so that will be interesting! I keep finding myself trying to find things to entertain them....

#510 of 763 Old 09-21-2013, 08:43 AM

Adie - I'm glad you are relaxing!

Chuord - Fingers crossed that it worked any ways! When are your tests scheduled for?

Chrissy - It must be nice to have a diagnosis now!

I updated on the Yahoo group. Are you guys not on there? Anyways, here's a pic from a week ago at 29.5wks. Baby girl is getting so much heavier and I've suddenly started having trouble sleeping and have been quite tired.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page