Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 - Page 24 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#691 of 706 Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm very sore, bit so blessed.. Praying for you all

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#692 of 706 Old 03-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Lovely Shell!! Enjoy every second. Big boy!!!

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#693 of 706 Old 03-06-2014, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Wow shell what a story!! He does look perfect though - congrats!!! You've been an amazingly patient mom till now, I hope you're journey together lasts a very long time xx

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#694 of 706 Old 03-06-2014, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
He's so gorgeous, Shell. Get some rest.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#695 of 706 Old 03-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Perfect shell! Enjoy every minute!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#696 of 706 Old 03-31-2014, 06:00 PM

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#697 of 706 Old 03-31-2014, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Sherry - Hi hun. How you been?

Me - 39
DH - 40
#698 of 706 Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 AM

Hello friends! After all the support and love from you all, I feel like it would be good to share my follow-up story. It's kinda crazy. So, I think I stopped posting about when I decided to postpone my IVF cycle (mistake). Anyway, we went ahead with the cycle in December. They got 17 eggs, but only six or so fertilized, and by day three there were only two that looked half-decent. So, my uber conservative doc decided to transfer both (a 7cell AF and a 7cell BF, so basically a good and an OK). About a week later I developed painful stomach cramps that developed into severe OHSS. I was in more agony and more sick than I've ever been. The day went into the clinic, my blood was super thick (dehydrated, hemoatcrit of 59), I had vision problems, was vomiting, shaking, had fluid around my lungs, the works. I ended up gaining 15 lbs of fluid, was "tapped" twice (they got close to three liters each time) and should have been admitted to the hospital. It was hell. I was totally incapacitated for about 2.5 weeks. But I was pregnant (likely with twins according to my doc, based on the degree of OHSS).

After living on gatorade, chicken broth and eggs, I went in to my ultrasound to see if it was one or two at seven weeks. Turns out I was pregnant with quads. The theory is that both eggs had split (very early, so they were all in their own sacs with their own placentas). It's possible that one split to trips, or some other scenario, but the two sets of identicals is the most likely theory. Being pregnant with quads made me feel like a freak, like I had an alien secret. Also, I felt horrible all the time.

I'm obviously condensing the story here at this point, but after taking to a few MFMs, we settled on a great doc who reduced two at 10w6days. After that, we did a CVS on both and found out we have two boys. There were no issues on the chromosome results, and we chose to move forward keeping both twins. Yesterday, I had the anatomy scan and thing are looking alright so far (a couple minor issues that could resolve themselves) and we're trying to begin to feel optimistic about how this crazy story may end.

So that's my crazy story. I hope you all are well and send you all a big hug!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#699 of 706 Old 04-02-2014, 02:46 PM

Jpack - wow!!! First I'm so happy for you, to have two ok embryos and turns into quads - you can't make that stuff happen! I'm so glad you were able to reduce and that things are going really well - do you mind if I ask... Did you keep one of each or a pair of identicals? I don't know 'how' making a decision like that would go...
Second - omg!!!! The ohss sounds awful!! You poor thing, my last cycle was ivf, they got 14 eggs but all fertilized (6 blasts, 2 transferred bfn, 4 frozen) I put on about 9lbs between retrieval and transfer - it was so uncomfortable... Also I got so constipated (nothing worked) so I took a litre of pre colonoscopy clear out solution - lol it took 11 hours to work! Doc says I may have had very mild ohss only - hence I can't even understand how bad you felt... I was in hell! Also did you have hcg boosters after transfer? I tried a tiny amount and it re-bloated me for 2 days.
So how many weeks are you now? Since dropping to two has it all settled down? I'm hoping the rest of your pg is gentle and enjoyable. Omg - what a ride!
Congrats - what a wonderful miracle xxx

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#700 of 706 Old 04-02-2014, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Jpack - wow! A lot has been going on with you. Congrats on your miracle babies. Can't imagine the emotions involved with your journey. Please keep us updated and feel better!!

Me - 39
DH - 40
#701 of 706 Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 PM

Thanks Chrissy and Chuord,yes, Chuord, I think that intestinal bloating is an under-emplasized symptom and if HCG makes it worse, it's OHSS (says me ;)  .  I wasn't on any additional HCG, but I did have such a ridiculously excessive amount in my system because of the quads (that's what makes the OHSS so bad). I am much better now, thanks. The relief after the reduction was almost immediate, and though the nausea persisted on and off for a few more weeks, it was survivable. I was hugely relieved after the reduction and yeah, it was very important to me to get it done a soon/early as possible. Our MFM is great. As to your question, (I'm 100% happy to answer questions - there's so little out there when one's facing reduction) because they were each in their own sacs with their own placentas, there was (and is) no way to know which ones were identical. They reduced based solely on position (furthest from the cervix) because they all looked the same (healthy). I'm 18 weeks now, and both boys are measuring ahead. 

That sounds like a fantastic cycle, Chuord, I wish you lots of luck!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#702 of 706 Old 04-03-2014, 03:26 PM

Jpack I'm not the next one now - bfn - but am so happy to have 4 in the freezer smile.gif

Wow 18 weeks! Seriously I'm so happy for you! The fact that all were healthy so you had choices for reduction sounds good - your body obviously was not able to do all 4. I think my doc is into reduction too. Sounds like those boys are going to be keeping you busy for a long time.

#703 of 706 Old 04-13-2014, 10:58 PM

Congrats j pack ... That's awesome,
Chourd, 4 freezer babies is awesome its only takes one, ;-)

I just thought I'd pop in and say hi

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#704 of 706 Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM

Hi shell smile.gif how are things with you?
Thanks re the frosties - I hope so! I do want a few babies though, so I'm saving them for next time lol... Natural cycle this month - hcg booster after o as a prep for the next ivf next month - unless I get pg this cycle. Are you getting more sleep now?

#705 of 706 Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 PM

Awwww I hope you get a natural this month... I I'm getting more sleep, he is a good baby and very sweet,he is a mommys boy for sure., lol... Keep us informed, :-)

#706 of 706 Old 04-23-2014, 03:41 PM

Thanks shell I will! That's so move to hear that at this end of the journey he's a snugly easy baby - so happy for you.
Ladies someday you all need to post baby pics close to the same time, maybe with the details of that cycle? It would be lovely to see a success gallery like that all together smile.gif
Tootfairy, Chrissy and myself are still planning to join the list of success stories.
Sherry how's things with you?

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page