Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 - Page 26 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 74Likes
#751 of 763 Old 10-10-2014, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 467 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Tracy - one more week and you are into viability bet that will feel awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#752 of 763 Old 12-10-2014, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I know most people have moved on from stalking this thread, but for those who have not moved on to participating in other threads I thought I would share the good news here. We are expecting twins, probably May 2015. I spent the better part of 6 months doing autoimmune treatments and frozen transfers (with no success and 2 more chemical pregnancies) to find out I am allergic to eggs (main ingredient in intralipids). I also started seeing a spiritual counselor and worked out a lot of underlying issues that traditional therapists never caught/addressed/called me out on. The other big thing was our fresh cycle in July we did human growth hormone (saizen) and PGD. In some ways it is likely things just lined up the right way. Our transfer was cancelled with our fresh cycle because of OHSS risk and a progesterone rise before ovulation. I really had to dig deep to make the decision to freeze all. After all the waiting and the positive thinking to prepare myself for pregnancy it was SO hard to make the call to wait. It worked out for the best (obviously). We ended up doing a 5 day biopsy of 7 embryos (instead of 12 on day 3) and 6 were genetically normal. Against our doctors wishes we elected to transfer 2 at our frozen cycle in September and 6 days later I got my first BFP (of this pregnancy). First beta was 267, second was 555. We found out at 6w2d we had 2 perfectly formed and measuring on time babies (and gestational sacs, FINALLY!). Now at 15w I am finally feeling human again. That first trimester was killer! I have a 'sizable' subchorionic hematoma and have had 3 heavy bleeding incidents (8w, 11w, 15w) and constant spotting. It is really scary but we rented a doppler and that has brought some peace of mind. Anyway. That is my update if anyone is still around. Hopefully my experience can help somebody someday!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#753 of 763 Old 12-10-2014, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
@toothfairy2be how did you find out you were allergic to eggs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#754 of 763 Old 12-10-2014, 02:19 PM

I had blood testing done this past June.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#755 of 763 Old 12-10-2014, 03:15 PM

@ToothFairy tobe - even though I know all the bits of your recent success to hear it all in one post is so cool! It's so detailed and complicated, such a happy progression!
Anyone who is reading along it would be great to hear your updates - either baby or non baby related we miss seeing you around! @jpack - any update? Still hanging to know that your babies made it ok... @Shell77 - how is yours doing any update? @Sherry vkbh - how are things with you?

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#756 of 763 Old 12-10-2014, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013

@toothfairy2be what made you check for the egg allergy? I'm sorry to pry I'm just very curious and interested about the egg and intralipids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#757 of 763 Old 12-10-2014, 05:24 PM

@tracyamber - It was actually food allergy testing for 100+ things. I didn't expect egg to come back! They stage allergens as 1,2,3 (sensitivity more than allergy I should say, eggs would not kill me). I had many level 1 sensitivities, my only level 2 is squash, my level 3 was egg, dairy, and haddock (weird right). Under .2 is no sensitivity, Level 1 is .2-.299, level 2 is .3-.399, level 3 is over .4. Egg and Haddock both came back around .45, egg yolk came back around .6, egg white came back at .889. Intralipids are egg albumin (whites) and soy protein mostly. I did not have any reactions to soy, wheat, or corn which surprised me.
@chuord - It would be nice if anyone still around would update how they are and where they are at now. I know you, tracy and I already get updates on each other regularly!

#758 of 763 Old 12-11-2014, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone,

so good to be hearing good news continue.

Chourd i hear one of each. How are you? Details?

Addie you too!

chrissy staying warm i hope

i am in snow mode. Getting ready for Holidays and grandson 3#!!!!

after 5 girls all these boys is something!!

Id really love to see some babies and bump picture from everyone!

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#759 of 763 Old 12-11-2014, 08:55 PM

@sherryvhkb - wow, you are totally going to be surrounded by babies - without the pain of delivering them sounds so much fun! Yes I'm having one of each, so going again will be based on a whim more than a desire (if it happens) we're having crazy storms and hot humid weather - so jealous of all that crispy snow!
Here's a pic for you... I'm not too huge yet but full of babies.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	10906

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#760 of 763 Unread Yesterday, 05:08 PM

@sherryvhkb Nice to see you here friend! All those boys are a whole new world!

#761 of 763 Unread Today, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
The rude spammer has been banned. I'm sorry someone felt it was necessary to come here to try to sell their product and be incredibly insensitive.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#762 of 763 Unread Today, 03:21 PM

@pokeyac - just wanted to say, thanks for the awesome job you do on here keeping it safe for us all, and taking the time to care and direct us where to go... It's so much appreciated!

#763 of 763 Unread Today, 07:42 PM

@pokeyac Thank you! I second what @chuord said. We are all lucky to have your guidance and care!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page