~The TTC One Thread June 2013~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello ladies. I'm currently in the two week wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattimomma View Post

MrsM,  I have had triphastic charts when I was NOT pregnant and never had one when I was pregnant.shrug.gif They really aren't a good indication of anything.

I know. But a girl can dream! And I don't get triphasic charts, so that's why I figure it would be more likely to be a sign for me.

Me: 29, DH: 28 Expecting babyf.gif#1 and planning ahomebirth.jpg - looking forward to being an AP, moderately crunchy mama!

Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 AM

Hi everyone! I am either in the waiting to O or wtf is going on?! category. We are 13 months ttc and starting testing this week.... actually, I have my HSG today and DH has his test tomorrow along with my bloodwork tomorrow. Prayers greatly appreciated, we're both a little nervous! but excited to see what lies ahead for us and get some answers to move forward from here.

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Old 06-06-2013, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Welp, I got knocked out of the June pool. AF showed up today precisely as my GetBaby app said she would irked.gif. I guess I'll go ahead and text hubby that it was a no haps for May. 

That's ok though. We will just keep on truckin' along and see what happens. 

Congrats to those who had BFP this month! joy.gifWoohoo!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 AM

Sorry to hear that you are out for this cycle, NaturallyMo, but CONGRATS on your wedding!  joy.gif  I hope that the next cycle is your lucky one.

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 06-06-2013, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Please add me to Waiting to be Ready- as we wait to visit the doctor

Me 28, DH 31 , 2 Kitties and working towards having Baby #1. 
“The past has no power over the present moment.” Eckhart Tolle
Old 06-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post

Hi all. AF just knocked me out of the June two week wait...Cuss.gifbawling.gif I have to wait until Friday to see if we can try again in June. If not then we probably won't try again until August. I have been wanting this baby since last February! I know she/he is there waiting to be born. Wish it would just happen already. This will be our last and I am ready to be done. Looking forward to getting to know you all. WAITING TO O...again!

I'm sorry you didn't get you BFP this month greensad.gif Maybe next month you'll get that BFP!

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I'm a ftm and i'm sooo excited. Thankfully i've been helping take care of children since I was 10 so I know quite a lot!

To everyone asking about there possible PG symptoms-would you like to know what mine were? I didn't really know what to look for but I knew something was definitely going on because a lot of changes were happening to me that never happened with af.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 PM

l

Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 PM

Hey everyone, I am looking for some advice/shared experiences so I can find some sanity!   I am brand new to this board and it is our first month TTC.   I am on CD 31 and 13dpo.  I started spotting Saturday and thought for sure AF was on her way, but she hasn't shown.  I am still spotting, although it has slowed quite a bit (it is mostly old brown blood and only a few drops a day).  I have been nauseas the past three days but just got a BFN this morning.  Is it normal to spot for this many days or should I be worried?  I have irregular cycles since I went off BC on November, so I am not entirely sure when AF is actually late.  Thanks! I have been driving myself crazy thinking about all of this!

Old 06-07-2013, 09:26 AM

linnylou, what kind of pregnancy test are you using?  Some are more sensitive than others so if your symptoms continue and full AF hasn't shown, try a FRER (First Response Early Result) in the morning.  Good luck!

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 06-07-2013, 10:28 AM

I agree with TeaJunkie!

AFM, did anyone notice a difference in smell "down there" when pg? I usually can tell when AF is on her way cuz the smell changes, but there's no change yet and I'm due for AF in a couple days. I also got a nice temp rise this morning. Could be triphasic, but I know that's a crapshoot. However, I don't usually get triphasic charts.

Me: 29, DH: 28 Expecting babyf.gif#1 and planning ahomebirth.jpg - looking forward to being an AP, moderately crunchy mama!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 AM

Anything different is a good sign. I haven't noticed a difference in smell down there. Every month my boobs hurt like crazy after ovulation..they are not hurting this time. =)
Old 06-07-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaJunkie View Post

linnylou, what kind of pregnancy test are you using?  Some are more sensitive than others so if your symptoms continue and full AF hasn't shown, try a FRER (First Response Early Result) in the morning.  Good luck!

Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it! I have used dollar store ones and a FRER.  I am going to assume I am not pregnant because the spotting has gotten heavier since yesterday.  Hopefully full AF will come so I can start fresh!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My chart is all over the place and it usually is... But I'm thinking I either haven't O'd yet or I did O but it was during my weird tiny period when I *should* have had my "usual" O time... Every day for the last few days I've been super crampy, lots of lower backache and have to pee all.the.time... And usually I have a ridiculous bladder that can go for hours!

Of course the $store was out of tests and we're on a crazy tight budget this month (two properties with property tax due and a husband that has barely been working) so I'm not going to spend $10+ on the next cheapest tests when it's most likely nothing, at least not until it's farther along in the month... I'm hopeful the $store will be restocked in the next couple days smile.gif

And my other reason for posting... Is anyone else trying to conceive with a disease or condition? I have celiac and fibromyalgia. And while the celiac is completely under control, the fibro flares with no rhyme or reason, except when the weather changes!

And right now the weather is going nuts. Hot and warm to rainy and stormy both yesterday and today. And I've had a lot of "go go go" trying to get some stuff ready for a couple things this weekend. So I'm flaring big time. But because I don' have a clue what's going on with my cycle I'm having to suffer through rather then try to knock the pain down.

The only way I can even take the edge off the pain is Ibuprofen. But I will only take it at the beginning of a TTC cycle if I know what's going on. After O I will only take Tylenol (on advice from doctors and pharmacists), which doesn't do anything for the pain but will help me sleep a wee bit better and sleep helps to eliminate the pain. I'm actually a bit worried about going through pregnancy with this again. Since the celiac presented itself the fibro has been worse. I have made other diet modifications as well, but while they help my stomach, they just don't seem to be attached to the pain.

So is anyone else trying to conceive with anything "extra" going on with their bodies? How are you coping?

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 AM

delightedbutterfly ..Pregnancy tends to send fibro into remission. My friend has had fibro for the last 2 years. It has been so bad that she has not been able to get out of bed. She was completely debilitated. She is now six weeks pregnant and completely pain free. I hope this will be the case for you.

I am allergic to corn, almonds, soy, wheat, and rice.(rice I am just sensitive. These are in order of severity) I was diagnosed October 2012. I am going to attempt a raw food pregnancy and am experimenting with it right now as anything purchased from the store, already made, contains anyone of these ingredients! I also suffer from bipolar disorder. I have chosen to use diet and exercise instead of medication, but pregnancy is always really bad for me. It is my hope that the discovery of my food allergies(avoidance of said allergies) and change to a raw food diet will help me to have my first happy pregnancy. Crossing my fingers.  Good luck to you.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:49 AM

Seattlemama, I am hoping that will be the case! When i was pregnant with my second (before the celiac diagnosis but during having it) pregnancy did take away all my gastro issues wink1.gif I can't really say how the fibro affected my last two pregnancies as I wasn't having bad flares. I taught swimming lessons through both pregnancies and I was in the water for 5+ hours a day both times, so being in the water that much tended to keep me from experiencing much pain. It's also progressed over the years. I can remember pain back to 5 years and it was much more localized and has slowly spread and become worse as time has gone on. I need to lose some weight which will help and I'm working on that while trying. I am one of the strange ones that gained and can't lose weight with celiac... Which is why it took 6 years for diagnosis. I didn't fit the typical "underweight" celiac. I wish I could spend multiple hours in the water again but I just can't and don't want to go back to teaching. But I do have a pretty decent bath tub and spending time in there helps a TON!

Allergies and food intolerances are so hard! My first had so many allergies when she was little it was easier to tell you what she could eat rather than what she couldn't! She's finally outgrown all but the peanut allergy and she's so close to outgrowing that too! Actually the minute the test goes positive I go on a peanut free diet too. Until I'm done nursing. It was easy before (5+ years), however last time I was still eating gluten and wasn't avoiding mass amount of corn and dairy.

I wish you luck on the raw food diet. If it makes you feel better it's surprising how easy it can be to stick to a new diet. I've slowly been able to introduce lots of yummy raw veggies back into my diet, unfortunately when my stomach was flaring raw veggies caused me pain and upset greensad.gif

I also wish you luck and hope for that diet control works with your bipolar! I can't imagine trying to deal with that med free through an already (what I find) hormonal roller coaster. You are strong and brave and I wish you luck and a happy pregnancy!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

And my other reason for posting... Is anyone else trying to conceive with a disease or condition? I have celiac and fibromyalgia. And while the celiac is completely under control, the fibro flares with no rhyme or reason, except when the weather changes!

I have Celiac too, diagnosed last February. I'm just coming off a miscarriage at 6 weeks, but that's the first time in three years of trying that I've gotten pregnant at all, so I'm wondering if my body is finally willing to cooperate a little more now that I've been gluten free for over a year and my body has recovered from the autoimmune issues and vitamin deficiencies I had. 

Watch the ibuprophen. Some brands are not gluten free, including Walmart and some formulations of Advil. 

angel.gif 6/07  angel.gif 5/13  angel.gif 9/13

Still trying for our rainbow1284.gif.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdahekawi View Post

I have Celiac too, diagnosed last February. I'm just coming off a miscarriage at 6 weeks, but that's the first time in three years of trying that I've gotten pregnant at all, so I'm wondering if my body is finally willing to cooperate a little more now that I've been gluten free for over a year and my body has recovered from the autoimmune issues and vitamin deficiencies I had. 

Watch the ibuprophen. Some brands are not gluten free, including Walmart and some formulations of Advil. 

Oh I'm so sorry :( I have had a couple miscarriages that I know about and a few more that we suspect and we also attribute those to the celiac. I've been fully GF for over 2 years now (OMG has it really been that long!) and it's really night and day how I feel!

Yeah everything seems like it has gluten in it... Many of the different tylenol's do too, which is another reason I tend to avoid it. I'm lucky in that one of my best friends is a pharmacist so I usually run everything I take by her lol.gif

Old 06-08-2013, 10:58 PM

Wow! I had know idea Tylenol and ibuprofen had gluten in it. I am not Celiac, but I have gluten allergy which I always call wheat otherwise people get that "blank deer in the headlights look" at me. I am still learning all the names for corn. It is such a headache. I just gave up and decided to eat raw. At least when I eat a bell pepper or avocado I know that it is a bell pepper or avocado. Since I have gone raw I have lost 20 lbs, was able to prevent fibromyalgia from being put on my medical records(the doctors were stumped as to what was wrong with me), and my arthritis has virtually disappeared. After all the poking and prodding I finally demanded a food allergy test. I am still in denial sometimes, especially since my comfort food was popcorn...but health difference is like night and day.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:35 AM

It's crazy how much stuff has gluten in it, shampoo's, soaps, lotions, makeup & many many medications. And it can vary from various countries & manufacturers. Sometimes a product that was GF can change without warning to contain gluten in only a matter of months.

So happy to hear that a diet change has helped you Seattlemomma! Diet can play such a huge role in how we feel! There are a few other food I am trying to eliminate from my diet gradually but being so limited already and having a husband that, while supportive of me, is resistant to changing his own diet, I find it difficult to just drop more than one thing at a time completely. So glad to hear it's helping you though!

I can say truthfull it was a couple ladies on Mothering that finally had me demanding tests for celiac even though at first I didn't believe that could be the issue!

On the TTC side, there is no more TTCing for DH and I for the rest of the month as there isn't the ability to ATM. So we'll see what happens in the next couple weeks. I didn't sleep well last night so I didn't temp this morning.

However I was really crampy again this morning (like quite painful crampy) and I was nauseous all day. In fact I had made my favorite sandwich, ate most of it and got to the last few bites and couldn't eat anymore because it suddenly was making me feel nauseous!

I feel fine otherwise though so who knows!

Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

hola.gifLadies! I got my BFP! I can hardly believe it jaw.gif Baby Dust to you all! dust.gif

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 AM

delightedbutterfly~baby dust to you. Thanks for the info.

pattimomma~joy.gifYay! Congratulations!!

Old 06-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Congrats Patti!!! 

I have issues with gluten myself.  No diagnosis but through trial and error I've come to the conclusion that its likely the root of my life long issues with iron and vitamin deficiencies.  DS is on the spectrum (and has other issues in addition to that) and he definitely does better off gluten as well.  So DS and I are both GF and we try to restrict dairy as much as possible (cheese is my weakness lol).  And DF has multiple peanut/nut allergies so he avoids all nuts just in case.  You can imagine cooking is a challenge most days. 

Anyway, positive OPK for me this morning!  This is my first cycle using them so I'm extra excited. lol.gif

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

Old 06-09-2013, 11:45 AM

Congrats Patty!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattimomma View Post

hola.gif Ladies! I got my BFP! I can hardly believe it:jaw Baby Dust to you all! dust.gif

Yay!!!! I'm on my phone or otherwise I'd post a whole whack load of smilies! Congrats! And here to a Happy and Heealthy 9 Months!!!

Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 AM

Hi all! Can you add me to the two week wait please? I think I Oed about a week ago. It's our first month TTC and haven't started charting yet. Been having major breast tenderness. Planning on testing on Father's Day since AF is due the next day. Baby dust to all!!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks for the congrats!

bonadl, you are all set. I hope I haven't missed anybody!

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Thanks, Pattimomma! And congratulations!!!!! :)
Old 06-10-2013, 10:14 AM

Thanks, Pattimomma! And congratulations!!!!! :)
Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 AM

Well for the first time in recent memory (that I've noticed), I had some major ovulation pain yesterday. bigeyes.gif  BD'ing last night was a little bit painful, even.  I'm hoping its a good sign rather than a bad sign. lol

Anyway, I can be moved to waiting to know! :)

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List