~The TTC One Thread June 2013~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-10-2013, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
hi all smile.gif put me down for waiting to be ready, but it's only for two more months!!! month and a half really!! I'm so incredibly excited. FTM. got off depo and I was having 40 day cycles, decided I'd better test to make sure anything was even happening, so I bought a kit and a thermometer and all -- and then immediately got AF right at 28 days! I've never been so excited to have cramps, lol. I'm still going to chart this cycle, just to be safe. the cycle after that, we'll be TTC!!

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2013, 11:40 AM

hi all smile.gif put me down for waiting to be ready, but it's only for two more months!!! month and a half really!! I'm so incredibly excited. FTM. got off depo and I was having 40 day cycles, decided I'd better test to make sure anything was even happening, so I bought a kit and a thermometer and all -- and then immediately got AF right at 28 days! I've never been so excited to have cramps, lol. I'm still going to chart this cycle, just to be safe. the cycle after that, we'll be TTC!!

Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM

ouch, sorry about the double post. anyway, forgot to say I also have Crohn's disease. my doctors stalled me for a couple months while they debated what medications were safe for both me and a baby, but we finally came to a compromise we're all happy with.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got my BFP in our first month trying!! joy.gif

I can't believe it happened so fast, but at the same time, I just *knew* it would. Ahhhhh! 

Praying for more BFPs ladies!!

Me: 29, DH: 28 Expecting babyf.gif#1 and planning ahomebirth.jpg - looking forward to being an AP, moderately crunchy mama!

Old 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Congrats MrsM on your positive!!!!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 PM

congrats MrsM!!

Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 PM

Congrats MrsM! I cannot wait to join you.

Move me to waiting to know, as I O'ed Friday. I feel really good about this cycle for some reason, even though I have felt good about cycles past. I have TCOYF, a thermometer and a bunch of ovulation strips in my Amazon cart if this cycle doesn't yield a BFP. 

We also kind of hope for a girl, (I have one girl and 3 boys already) but aren't trying for one specifically anymore because it has been 7 months and no baby. It will be a long wait to find out if I do get pg!

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
Old 06-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Congrats MrsM!  joy.gif DS1 was one cycle to get BFP, DS2 was two cycles to get BFP.  I keep joking that this one should take three cycles according to tradition.  winky.gif

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 06-10-2013, 09:48 PM

Oh, and congrats to pattimomma too!  Maybe hosting the TTC One thread is good luck?  :)

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 06-11-2013, 09:19 AM

Ok so I took two tests, although they were blue line tests because I couldn't find cheap pink ones. Grrrr our $store being out! I didn't even get any faint lines or evap lines...

BUT yesterday my balance was off, again I was hungry and then when I was full, I'd start to feel nauseated if I tried to eat any more.

I woke up today to more backache, cramping and when I stood up the entire room was spinning. I had to stand there for a few minutes before I was comfortable walking and even then it was touch and go... But I really had to use the bathroom! Oh and I have to pee constantly still! And the nausea I currently have?! Crazy, I probably could throw up if I wanted to, but well I don't lol

But I don't feel sick! I did have a massive Migraine on Sunday and had a headache yesterday and today... The "ladies" aren't sore but the do feel a bit fuller... Gah I really hope that the $store has tests again this week! $$$'s a bit tight the next couple weeks and I don't want to splurge on more expensive tests (FRER are like $12-15 for 1 here and a pack of two is $20+) until I have some confirmation of a line. It is killing me though lol I have been known to spend quite a bit of money on tests when we've previously tried lol

I don't know if I could phone in a request to my doc for a blood test and while I need to go in a see her for a couple other things it's probably going to be a few weeks for an appointment at this point.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsM View Post

I got my BFP in our first month trying!! joy.gif

I can't believe it happened so fast, but at the same time, I just *knew* it would. Ahhhhh! 

Praying for more BFPs ladies!!

Congrats! energy.gif

DS was a one shot wonder as well. lol.gif

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

Old 06-11-2013, 03:40 PM

Congrats, pattimomma and MrsM! joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

I am one of the strange ones that gained and can't lose weight with celiac... Which is why it took 6 years for diagnosis. I didn't fit the typical "underweight" celiac. 

This is me exactly. I think it's more common than medical professionals realize. I actually had someone tell me I couldn't have Celiac because I'm overweight. But what people don't think about is the vitamin deficiencies can mess with your hormones, and when your hormones aren't right (especially if it gives you hypothyroidism) you can end up like me, overweight but malnourished because you can't absorb nutrients or use them properly.

I'm basically on an extremely low grain diet (occasional rice and organic corn...I try to really limit those too, but sometimes a girl needs a taco! eat.gif) and I try to limit my dairy to cheeses (they don't seem to bother me) and raw milk from grass fed cows. We're lucky to live where I can buy it legally from a local farm, and I make my own yogurt from that. I don't know if it's the live enzymes, the lack of homogenization, or the fact that they aren't fed grain, (probably a combination of those) but raw milk doesn't bother me at all like storebought does.

On the TTC front, I'm still. Waiting. To ovulate. irked.gif FF gave me crosshairs but I KNOW they're wrong and I'm sure they'll be taken away tomorrow. CD 33 now. No EWCM. No positive OPK. No end in sight. I wish I'd charted after my first m/c five years ago (also 6 weeks along) so I knew how long to expect it to take to O again.

angel.gif 6/07  angel.gif 5/13  angel.gif 9/13

Still trying for our rainbow1284.gif.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 PM

Verdahekawi, I read somewhere that 50% is overweight and 50% is under in their struggles and it would explain *some* of the rampant health problems some obese people are facing. I had the GI who did my biopsy tell me there was no way I had it. But I refused to leave his office until he gave in and agreed to the test (I find that move has gotten me lots of answers from doctors as unfortunate as it sounds) and a month after the test he called to give me the results and he sounded VERY embarrassed and shocked that it was positive. I can only hope that he'll remember my results for future patients.

As for my latest update... Well AF showed. Looking at my last couple charts, I'm thinking that my last "period" was actually breakthrough bleeding during ovulation. I'm trying to decide what to do... My doctor put me on progesterone because a couple of my cycles last year were off and I was r.e.g.u.l.a.r for like 17+ years. So she wanted to try and regulate them. While I enjoying the side effect of much lighter periods on the progesterone, I think it's causing break through bleeding and messing with my body. I'm going to watch this next cycle super close (still try) and if I get bleeding around when I'm supposed to ovulate again then I'll talk to her and see what our options are. I'm not in a mad panic yet, we're trying knowing it could take awhile but it still kinda sucks wink1.gif

On a separate note... Our Dollar store has magic in it! Every time I think I need to buy a test (because while actively trying to prevent we were using the PO and I was always hoping for a surprise wink1.gif ) and go there my period decides to show up. It's kinda like clockwork. And it's worked for a friend as well (she doesn't go for the tests, just the store)

Old 06-12-2013, 06:31 PM

Who let me take a test?!  I am only 9 or 10 DPO (not charting so don't know exact day of O).  Having breast pain/tenderness, queasiness, exhaustion, gas the last several days and some minor AF-like cramps this morning.  I left work early b/c I've also been having headaches for the last week or so and I didn't sleep well at all last night -- was up 1 till after 3.  I caved and tested with early afternoon urine and got a big FAT negative.  I knew that would happen...so why did i do it???  Ugh.  This is our first cycle TTC #2 and I was doing a great job at not getting my hopes up until these symptoms started about a week after O.  

I just had to complain about myself. Thanks for listening. =P

Old 06-12-2013, 09:32 PM

Oh, bonadl, I think we are all zen and relaxed until it gets close to AF time and then it's hard not to get impatient!  Try tomorrow with FMU and a FRER if you have it!  Now I'm the enabler...  winky.gif

As for me, I was shocked to get a very pos OPK tonight.  For the past two cycles I have O'ed on CD17 and CD18 and today is only CD14.  I'll have to see what my temps do in the next couple days, but chances might be better this month than I initially expected.   We'll see if my "zen" holds up a couple weeks from now!  om.gif

Old 06-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Thanks Teajunkie. I held out and didn't test this morning. Trying to hold out for weekend...
Old 06-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Bonadi, I'm only 7dpo and wishing I knew! I don't have tests in the house right now or I would be wasting them. I have the day to test (12 dpo) on my google calendar and I am really trying to hold out this cycle.

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

My chart is all over the place and it usually is... But I'm thinking I either haven't O'd yet or I did O but it was during my weird tiny period when I *should* have had my "usual" O time... Every day for the last few days I've been super crampy, lots of lower backache and have to pee all.the.time... And usually I have a ridiculous bladder that can go for hours!

Of course the $store was out of tests and we're on a crazy tight budget this month (two properties with property tax due and a husband that has barely been working) so I'm not going to spend $10+ on the next cheapest tests when it's most likely nothing, at least not until it's farther along in the month... I'm hopeful the $store will be restocked in the next couple days smile.gif

And my other reason for posting... Is anyone else trying to conceive with a disease or condition? I have celiac and fibromyalgia. And while the celiac is completely under control, the fibro flares with no rhyme or reason, except when the weather changes!

And right now the weather is going nuts. Hot and warm to rainy and stormy both yesterday and today. And I've had a lot of "go go go" trying to get some stuff ready for a couple things this weekend. So I'm flaring big time. But because I don' have a clue what's going on with my cycle I'm having to suffer through rather then try to knock the pain down.

The only way I can even take the edge off the pain is Ibuprofen. But I will only take it at the beginning of a TTC cycle if I know what's going on. After O I will only take Tylenol (on advice from doctors and pharmacists), which doesn't do anything for the pain but will help me sleep a wee bit better and sleep helps to eliminate the pain. I'm actually a bit worried about going through pregnancy with this again. Since the celiac presented itself the fibro has been worse. I have made other diet modifications as well, but while they help my stomach, they just don't seem to be attached to the pain.

So is anyone else trying to conceive with anything "extra" going on with their bodies? How are you coping?

I have had Hypothyroidism since I was 16 but once I was put on levothyroxine my levels stayed normal. I'm now 21 and got pregnant my first month of trying. This, even though I have no problems, automatically classifies me as a high risk pregnancy.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:49 AM

Good luck Tabitha!!! I tested this morning...13 DPO and AF due on Monday. BFN with FRER. When I was pregnant with my daughter I held out till after AF was due to test so I don't know how early I can get a BFP. I'm super gassy and crampy and my boobs still feel weird but I suppose that could easily also mean AF is coming. Last time i was preggo had a "i give up" month so i have no idea what i was feeling in 2WW. i only know my morning sickness and exhaustion kicked in at six weeks. Only time will tell I suppose!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:52 AM

Miscalculated -- really probably only 11 DPO...12 DPO max...so still pretty early!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:51 AM

Thanks, trying to stay busy so I don't think about it too much!

Old 06-14-2013, 01:15 PM

Would you put me down as waiting to be ready?

I'm having my copper IUD removed on Wednesday. That'll be right around the beginning of my cycle, maybe a little before (I JUST started charting again --- had done so intermittently for birth control or curiosity in the past, but anyway since I just restarted I don't know exactly where I am). 

Either way, I'm looking at my first non-IUD ovulation in July, but I'm going a little crazy running through all of this in my head so I wanted to join a thread and stop. torturing. myself. 

By way of introduction, I'm 28, married, trying to conceive our first. 

Excited to be following along with all of you!

Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 PM

Welcome to Mothering pepperedmoth! I wish you all the luck on your TTC journey! Hopefully you will get to join a Due Date Club fairly quickly!

Old 06-14-2013, 02:42 PM

Thanks! I hope so too . . . 

Old 06-15-2013, 10:02 AM

6DPO today and DF is already trying to get me to test. lol.gif  I have FIVE tests at my disposal this cycle so I'm definitely not going to start using them yet.

We had friends over last night (which is not unusual but we had more than the usual number in this instance because its our last weekend in this apartment) and everyone kept asking me why I wasn't drinking at all.  So of course my BFF had to run around telling everyone I might be "preggy". duck.gif  But on the bright side, I still had fun without the hangover the next morning! ROTFLMAO.gif

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

Old 06-15-2013, 02:48 PM

Welcome, pepperedmoth!

Fingers crossed for you, urchin_grey!  fingersx.gif

And, yay, I can be moved to Waiting to Know!  O'ed yesterday so I am going to do my best to remain calm and patient for the next week and a half.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:13 PM

Good luck urchin grey!!!

12 dpo today and cm started to dry up yesterday and is pretty nonexistent today. Lots of cramping today too. I think I'm out for this month...pretty sure with first pregnancy I had something. AF due Monday. Wish she would come so we can just move on...
Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 AM

13 dpo. AF due tomorrow. Was planning to test today for Father's Day but don't feel like the disappointment. Will just wait for her to arrive...
Old 06-16-2013, 11:14 AM

Pretty uncomfortable cramping with brown spotting 1-2 days before AF is due. Gah! Wish it would just start!
Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 PM

Can I please join? :-)

I'm waiting to O. My cycles are 34 days and I'm on CD 11. This is my second cycle of TTC my first. Still learning!

I'm 26 and have been married for 3 years! Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List