Variable luteal phase length - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-21-2013, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else NOT have a constant LP length? Mine is all over. My shortest since jan 2013 was 4 days, my longest 15. My avg is 10-11. I've never been regular to being with, but since starting soy isoflavones in jan 2013, I'm at least having ovulating cycles. They have been getting longer and longer though, with my first ovulation taking place on cd15 and now it's not happening til around cd 21-23. My pre ov stage is getting longer and my post ov stage is all over.

I won't be able to get into my RE til prob mid August since hubby will be gone til then. We had to do IVF for our last pregnancy and are ttc our last baby as natural as possible for us. Bsically, no IVF. I was worth it for sure (boy girl twins) because we were successful, but it was financially draining and I have no desire to experience OHSS ever again.

Is there anything I can do to regulate my LP, without taking more drugs? Ay natural things, foods, herbs, I'm open to things like that smile.gif thanks and good luck
#2 of 5 Old 06-22-2013, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquess78 View Post

Anyone else NOT have a constant LP length? Mine is all over. My shortest since jan 2013 was 4 days, my longest 15. My avg is 10-11. I've never been regular to being with, but since starting soy isoflavones in jan 2013, I'm at least having ovulating cycles. They have been getting longer and longer though, with my first ovulation taking place on cd15 and now it's not happening til around cd 21-23. My pre ov stage is getting longer and my post ov stage is all over.

I won't be able to get into my RE til prob mid August since hubby will be gone til then. We had to do IVF for our last pregnancy and are ttc our last baby as natural as possible for us. Bsically, no IVF. I was worth it for sure (boy girl twins) because we were successful, but it was financially draining and I have no desire to experience OHSS ever again.

Is there anything I can do to regulate my LP, without taking more drugs? Ay natural things, foods, herbs, I'm open to things like that smile.gif thanks and good luck

I have a short LP and I have read that taking B6 helps to make it longer.  I am not sure if it will help stabilize it, but something to look into.  This is my first cycle taking B6, so I am not sure if has helped.  Good luck!

#3 of 5 Old 06-22-2013, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My cycles were never super irregular but I noticed my LP was a bit short when we began TTC. I took a B complex (it's supposed to be more effective) and found after a month or so my cycles evened out and my LP lengthened significantly. Got my BFP 3 months after. GL!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#4 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Do u take it everyday or just after ovulation?
#5 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 PM

I take my B6 everyday of my cycle. :)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page