The Saner TTC-Rose Moon - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 176 Old 07-16-2013, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PrimalJoy, my pelvis has been feeling achy and full --- crampy, but nothing at ALL like my usual menstrual cramps. Those are sharper and more intermittent; this is an ongoing stretching sort of feeling. Is that helpful?

Winter, yaaaaaaaaaay! Good luck to you! Have fun. ;-)

scjp, Good luck to you HOWEVER it works out. It's hard to not be totally on the same page as your partner . . .
#152 of 176 Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Thanks for the welcome, and congrats on the BFP. I thought this would be a good group to join, because I dont want to obsess, because its stressful. I want to enjoy TTC like I did when I conceived my daughter, and for the first bit when we tried for baby #2. I have been spotting for a few days, and I hope thats just my body figuring things out.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#153 of 176 Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Morning!

Sorry for the quietness, I have been lurking and following you all.

I got the results of my fertility tests today- blood tests at day 2 and 21. All results are good :-) just waiting for DH's speem test (bless him, he survived!). Doctor things everything is normal and no reason we can't get pregnant :-) such a relief. She is going to refer us to the fertility clinic so we can start down the process, but thinks it will happen naturally before then. I think she thinks I'm a bit barmy with my temping, charts and OPK!! Still it's lovely to know everything is working as it should.

How are you doing today?
#154 of 176 Old 07-17-2013, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Oxford - That is great news! I'm hoping the good news continues with your husbands sperm analysis.

Mountainmama - Welcome! This is a lovely bunch of ladies. I hope your spotting is your body finding its natural rhythm. smile.gif

AFM - 7dpo. Trying hard to stay sane. I'm on progesterone supps, so symptom spotting is not allowed. Not that I feel anything anyway. I just really want this cycle to work.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#155 of 176 Old 07-17-2013, 11:05 AM

Oxford glad the tests went okay and good results, fx for your dh's sperm results too.

So I forgot your temp rises the day After you O, not the day of O....and my temp did rise today, so I'm sure that I O'd yesterday. Dp came home and we bd today, which is 1 day after O, and going by the timings that I had (quite painful this month!) O pains, it looks like we bd 19 hours after O......which is not the best if the egg has 12-24 hours fertile, because the sperm also has to swim up and meet it and I have no idea how long that takes! But maybe they had less far to travel to reach it as 19 hours after O maybe the egg was moving down nearer to the uterus by then, so less distance for the sperm to travel??

Glad it is all done now and I can relax for a while and try not to worry about it being too late to have worked redface.gif

Hoping timing is going well for you all this cycle.

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#156 of 176 Old 07-17-2013, 12:19 PM

Yay, Oxford, glad those tests were normal!

Winter, well, there still IS a chance, so we'll celebrate that. Good luck!

#157 of 176 Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 PM

pepperedmoth - Congratulations!

oxford - I'm glad everything seems to be working right for you. I'm not sure whether we're all incredibly tuned into ourselves or barmy for this whole temping thing, myself!

CD 21 for me. I think that I ovulated yesterday (or maybe sometime today), but my temp doesn't reflect it yet (which I suppose it wouldn't if it was today, but my temp rise came a day after I thought I ovulated last month, too). But maybe it didn't happen yet, as usually once O passes I'm not remotely in the mood for BD for a while, and I still am. No positive OPK yet.

I'm not feeling fabulous about my chances in general, but I think I'm ok with that. I never really pictured having more than three up until a year ago when it suddenly seemed right. I had major baby rabies then, but less so now. I wish it was possible to go back to "not trying, not avoiding", and just let things happen as they do, whether it's now or in 5 years, but the only time in my sexually active life when I wasn't questioning whether I might be pregnant was, ironically, the half-year or so before #3 was an oops. So I'm not sure that getting off the TTC-train is going to actually help my stress levels any). And all the BD is good for our relationship.

I tried to make yogurt starter today (we suddenly have a gallon of goat milk a day that we need to make use of), but the powdered culture was nearly a year past the best-by date, and I don't think it worked right, though I suppose I'll give it a try tomorrow anyways. The weird part of it is that it came out quite a bit sweeter than when I started. Not tart at all, and it didn't really set up. I think it's safe, but I don't think it'll make anything even vaguely resembling yogurt. I guess I'll try a batch tomorrow, and if it doesn't work, I'll make the rest into no-sugar-added ice cream. It's really that sweet. I can't remember what happened with the stuff I made last year - I didn't make very much yogurt before the dehydrator we were using for temperature control broke. Sorry, random babbling!

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#158 of 176 Old 07-17-2013, 09:46 PM

Just dropping in to say hello to everyone! I'm thinking about you all and have my fingers crossed for a mountain of BFPs before the end of 2013 smile.gif

And of course a big congratulations to pepperedmoth!!

Me(29) + DH(29) married 8.2010 | MC 4.2013 | Expecting #1 2.2014

#159 of 176 Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 PM

I have read online the sperm need 12 hours inside before they fertilize the egg and if I O'd when I felt pains then that would be 31 hours after O when the sperm were ready, which is obviously more than the 24 hours the egg survives in there, so I'm pretty convinced I am out this cycle now greensad.gif major bummer. I can't help clasping onto a tiny bit of hope though because of reading the egg has 48 hours to be fertilized on some sites....so hoping it was a super healthy egg this time and just possibly that info is correct rather than the 12-24 hours. I really need to relax! Either way it's out of my control now.

#160 of 176 Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 AM

Winter- I hear you on the calculations and planning. You have mixed the cake now, I'm watching your story to see it bake!!!

Ocelot- home made yogurt, wow! You are creative, even if it is sweet :-)

Oasis- lovely to hear from you! How are you getting on?

Mama blue- 7 days have flown by (but maybe not for you!) I laughed that you were posting from the couch after your treatment! Fingers, knees and ankles crossed for you. Just remember quite how many sperm they used, that's a lot of contenders!!

I think I o'd yesterday and we got a nicely timed BD in last night. That's O and -2, I will take that! Ocelot, I think we are cycle buddies this month. How long is your usual LP? Mine is around 14 days.

Chuord- how are you doing my dear?
#161 of 176 Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 AM

Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Hi Oxford wink1.gif glad that you are in with a good chance! It seems we have a mixed bag this month some chances, some not likely's... Lol I think I'll be in the last batch... I'm 2 days out from 'normal' o but am not pushing things this month - just going for romance... So who knows wink1.gif
Fx to you all!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#162 of 176 Old 07-18-2013, 02:44 PM

Chuord, romance sounds like the perfect recipe for a baby!! I'm quite fairy tale that way, I sometimes think if the BD has been good ;-) that's gotta help! Then when it's not as good, there's less chance!! Lol.
So go with romance, candle and chilling chuord ;-)
#163 of 176 Old 07-19-2013, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Well, tested this morning, 11 DPO, BFN. I know it's not over until it's over, but I'm not feeling optimistic. Pretty terrible PMS this month already. And since this will be the last cycle we're trying in for a few  years... I'm feeling pretty sad about this. Waiting was my idea, but I'm worried that if it's not now, it's not ever. I just wish there was magical child care solutions that would let us do this now rather than wait.

Oh well. I have a bunch of dollar store tests and am just going to test every morning until AF shows. I have an appt on the 30th for an IUD, so I'll at least have some closure for a while.

I guess.

(Bad, bad attitude about it all today. Sometimes I hate being a grownup.)

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#164 of 176 Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM

Primaljoy with you there it sucks to be a grown up sometimes for sure! Fingers crossed you get that BFP tomorrow!

Oxford thanks, just wa waiting game now while it bakes...or not lol

I'm just chilling at 3DPO today feeling cautiously optimistic. Sorry I forgot who it was who said their doctor told them bd on the day After O as well as before, so that sounds like I may have a definite chance as that is the only day we managed to do it this time.

Do I have a cycle buddy?

#165 of 176 Old 07-19-2013, 09:22 AM

Winter - I think I'm on DPO 3. And oxford is right around there, too.

PrimalJoy - I hate the time of month when I'm pretty sure I'm out but it's too early to officially move on!

My chart this month is so different in appearance from last month's that I half wish I could keep charting another few months to see if there's a pattern, like if it varies consistently based on which ovary is dominant that month. But I don't wish it enough to try to avoid for the sake of science, especially since the next few months are my ideal timing.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#166 of 176 Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 AM

Primal - Hugs for you, mama. Circumstances change, and IUD's are removeable. Things can go on hold without them being permanent. Plus, BFN at 11dpo isn't definitely out. You'll know for sure very soon though. hug.gif

AFM - 9dpIUI. I feel nothing. No extra CM, magic prickly cramps, nothing. Feeling kinda sad that I'm out, but I have no reason to feel that way yet. I'm not going to test until my DH goes to work on Monday (12dpo), that way I can work mentally through it before I talk to him.

#167 of 176 Old 07-19-2013, 02:48 PM

Again thanks for the welcome. I spotted for like 4 days in a row so I just counted the first day as CD1 on FF just to have a starting point because its been so long since I charted. I dont temp. I just go by CM and CP. I used to temp and my CM patterns seem to follow my temp patterns pretty well, so I just dropped the temping. Here is hoping my body is just as consistent. I am taking vitex like 3 times a day and I think its helping. I think if I should actually get pregnant I will take it throughout the first trimester. I have been thinking about things. I dont think I will test until I am actually late, but maybe that will all go out the window.

Primal, 11 DPO is not out, but I know if I test that early I would test everyday as well.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#168 of 176 Old 07-19-2013, 07:41 PM

Been Mia, congrats to bfp's. I finally ovulated Monday, which was cd 21...a full 7 days after the last time we BD. so I'm out, 5 days is a long time to hang out for "normal" sperm and hubs are def not "normal". Will be nice not to go spastic about testing tho. Another trip came down and financially we can't afford to say no. So aug/sept is out too. I may just have to accept that #4 will never be a reality for me. There r days I'm ok with it. I dunno. Am I wrong to just want to find out oops I'm pg, and not have to try?
#169 of 176 Old 07-20-2013, 02:30 AM

Marquess - you're not wrong... I think we'd all love that surprise bfp wink1.gif hang in there and take the stress off for a few months... Sounds like you're going to be flat out

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#170 of 176 Old 07-20-2013, 02:54 AM

Morning all!

3dpo over here and all calm. DH got his test results back and all normal. It is touching how relieved he was, this really us a masculinity issue for them. Bless.

Hope all is well?

Primal- that's still early. Hang in there!

Marquess- sorry to hear your struggling with timing. This getting pregnant thing seems so much more difficult than it should be.

Mountain- it sounds like your zen is fully intact. Keep your calm and we will all watch your story :-)

Mama blue- stay positive, there could be a little one there now, growing quietly and waiting to meet you. Let us know how your testin goes. I am cheering you on so loudly I'm surprised you can't hear from there!

Chuord- we seem to have got a spell of your weather. Sunny little England is around 30 degrees everyday at the moment, it's wonderful. My body is loving the bright daylight an vitamin D. Hope you are doing ok my friend.

Baby dust to all!
#171 of 176 Old 07-20-2013, 08:36 AM

Oh, Oxford, I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am that your husbands results came back normal. I can imagine his relief, because I saw it in the face of my husband when he got his sperm analysis results. I wish that all future daddies would get such positive news. Interestingly, a couple I know IRL was TTC with severe male factor issues, thought they'd never have children, but something worked because she is pregnant. Baby Charlotte is due at the end of August.

AFM - 10dpIUI. Yesterday afternoon I foolishly tested with a FRER and it was a BFN. I don't know what I was thinking by doing that. It promptly took the wind out of my sails, even though I tested too early. I've had intermittent AF type cramps since mid-day yesterday. This is normal pre-AF stuff for me. I even thought I saw the lightest bit of spotting last night. Again, normal. I'm hoping there's implantation going on in there, but it sure does feel like AF is on her way. I hate the TWW. greensad.gif

#172 of 176 Old 07-20-2013, 02:50 PM

Thanks mamblue. I guess I hadn't realised how personally DH was taking it until the good results came back. It really is core to their masculinity.
Sorry I hear you are having a difficult TWW. You may not have implanted yet though :-) did you say you usually have spotting that early? u am really hoping that its a little one burrowing in! Take a look in the FF gallery at all the pregnant women who ha a negative before a big fat positive. I am watching your story mamblue and cheering you on every step of the way. Big hugs!
#173 of 176 Old 07-20-2013, 03:16 PM

Oxford - yay on the great results! That's fantastic - even more so for his ego and focus wink1.gif
Mama blue - fx for you lady... It will happen soon

Hi everyone else

Afm - back to Darwin today for more r&r while dh works and rests with me... I'm totally out this month, and have been enjoying the lack of stress...

#174 of 176 Old 07-22-2013, 02:42 AM

ocelotmom and oxford how are you doing in the tww? I want to test already but 6dpo is far too early and I shall resist! Implantation wouldn't have even occured yet, so no HCG to detect in the test anyway. Planning to test on Monday when AF is due, when are you testing? Any symptoms yet? I thought my nipples were more tender than usual yesterday, but today I'm not so sure.

I read something today that gave me hope regarding my timing this cycle, it said once the sperm are inside they can take 1-12 hours to reach the egg, the fastest strongest sperm can reach the egg in 1 hour! and my egg had maybe 5 hours left of viability before it's 24 hours were up once the sperm were in, so hoping there was a strong fast swimming one!

#175 of 176 Old 07-22-2013, 05:51 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Hello all! We're hoping that this cycle we finally get it. I'm scheduled to O in3 days but I've been feeling some mild cramping and nausea since Saturday so I'm thinking I maybe O'ing now. I took an ovulation test on Saturday and it came back negative so I will test again tomorrow to see what our window is looking like.

We DTD on Saturday morning and will go for every other day this week. Hopefully one of those little swimmers will make it to the egg. I'm really hoping and praying this is the month. Come on baby, come on!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#176 of 176 Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Our new thread is up! Come on over! thumb.gif

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1387082/the-saner-ttc-thunder-moon

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page