~The TTC One Thread July 2013~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am going to try and get back to you all today and thread keep...

We had a "family explore" day yesterday and when we came home, DH went to play golf and I went and laid down and started looking at chocolate chip recipes and thinking of which ones would lend best to the new GF flour I just bought because I wanted to bake.

And I feel asleep, HARD! I was aware long enough to hear DH come home and take the kids for a bike ride and then really feel asleep... I woke up briefly when my mom called but barely said anything to her... And then when DH woke me for dinner I realized I was siiiiiiicccccckkk.

I had a sore throat and headache... But I made it through ok. Until bed greensad.gif I barely slept and when I did I had horrid nightmares. I hate Tylenol and usually stick to Ibuprofen but I avoid it after O when we're trying and my tonsils are so swollen I can barely breath (this is normal for me and ai probably should have them taken out but...), and it feels like I'm swallowing razor blades. My head is throbbing again and I would like some sleep!

I had a minor sore throat a couple week ago but it was nothing like this. And my immune system sucks and always has, silly autoimmune diseases messing my body up. But previous to these two sore throats I hadn't been sick since Jan! Which is huge for me!

So I'm here I'm reading and I'm going to try and get back to you all wink1.gif Probably should discard my temp this morning (wrong time, no sleep, lots of movement) but it's so close to yesterday's that it's not going to affect much smile.gif

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh hope you feel better soon Delightedbutterfly! Bonadl looks positive to me!!!

Pretty darn crunchy mama to Kiddo (2yo, DD), wife to Hubby, SAHM/aspiring writer/amateur sewist/lover of reading, traveling, music, natural parenting, unschooling, dogs, nature and more. Working on mindfulness and living in the present. Settled in Norway.

We familybed1.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFnamaste.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.gifhomeschool.gifand goorganic.jpg...

Old 07-11-2013, 09:02 AM

Three days late today. I took a FRER yesterday and it was definitely a BFN. I'm so confused as to what's going on. I'm never late. I also feel like I'm about to get AF but then she never comes. Praying.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Aww, brooksfam,  I was in that position last month.  Hope you have better luck than I did.

delightedbutterfly - Hope you feel better soon

and bonadl - fingers crossed!

Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Looks positive to me, bonadl!

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post

I'm actually okay with that, that way the baby's birthday isn't smack dab in the middle of our favorite music fest. It was only our first month of trying.

As a consolation prize, DH is going to go out and buy us a bottle of the super fancy brandy that we fell in love with on our honeymoon.

Enjoy your brandy, glad you are ok. Timing issues are always so hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance31 View Post

Thoughts?

Edited to add:
This pic was taken at about 6 or 7 min on the pink dye and about 3 on the blue

I can totally see the lines, but yeah they are really faint! Anyway you can get a beta blood draw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

Also, I can be moved to TWW, even though I'm not very hopeful for this month.  You never know!

Fingers crossed for you Jayray (BTW your user name totally reminds me of a friend that I used to work with ;) )! Sometimes the months that you aren't very hopeful turn out to be the best ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbugmama View Post

I'm on CD11 and just got some OPKs from a friend who is pregnant.  Test says no surge so I'm hoping we haven't missed.  

Oooohhhh I haven't started playing with OPKs yet... lol just more sticks to pee on! I'm hoping you haven't missed either, but CD11 is pretty early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator-mom View Post

We went to see the fertility Doc today.  He seemed to be scratching his head a bit.  He says my cycles look relatively normal so he's really surprised we haven't gotten a pg within the past three years!  We are going to get both our hormones checked.  DH is joining a study to test semen and the effects of folic acid and zinc on it.  I have to do some kind of procedure next week that I can't remember the name of, but he's going to be injecting dye into my uterus and ovaries to make sure I don't have any issues and to count my eggs.  He says since my cycles are shorter now then they used to be, sometimes it's a sign of having fewer eggs left in the 'basket'.  He says we'll make the plan once we can diagnose the problem. Crossing my fingers that #1 he figures out the problem and #2 the solution isn't crazy expensive!!

Have a fertile week everyone!!

Hysterosalpingogram? I've heard that for the first few months after that because the tubes have been opened up a bit more that there's a small increase in fertility. I'm so sorry you have been trying for so long with nothing. Let's hope it's a relatively easy fix and doesn't cost too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjp1109 View Post

Okay I'm on cd7 and we are gonna start dd every day see what happens lol smile.gif never done it everyday I usually too tired or cranky hehe lol so this month I am gonna really try cuz u wanna April baby!!! Come on this month!!!

I want an April baby too! After two summer babies I have always wanted a Spring baby! Only downfall to April is that my MIL's birthday is on the 8th but c'est la vie :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirlintown View Post

Delightedbutterfly - I am not charting - bc I get so stressed and also bc still cosleeping and nightnursing DD so I never get the same wake up times. I agree it would be really nice to know at moments like this! I might've ovulated late but my CM made it seem like it was 6.23 at the latest. Which would make me 18 DPO right now. Found a thread on babycenter that said sometimes boy baby embryos take longer to start producing hormones/hcg? I'm trying to just pretend I'm not pregnant as to not get my hopes up but it's really hard.

So yeah, still no period. I think I'll wait to test until AF's a week late, so in 2 days. Tests are so expensive in Norway and I have to find a place that sells a different brand as maybe that was my problem?

I totally understand the stress of charting! The first month is always my hardest and if I don't temp every single day then I forget for a few. Plus I don't always sleep that well either :( 

Tests were expensive here too until a couple years ago when the Dollarstores started selling them. Now of course you are lucky if you can find them in the $ store and they aren't sold out! Otherwise the next cheapest test is like $11 for two but it's blue dye and the cheapest pink dye is $13.xx for two. So still relatively affordable but when you are buying a few tests each late cycle (or more) it really adds up! FRER's here are like $15 a test! We are lucky that we can get free tests if we go to the clinic or our doctor but you kinda have to be late to get one ;) Hoping you can find a decently priced test that is a different brand and that your body decides to tell you what's up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksfam View Post

Three days late today. I took a FRER yesterday and it was definitely a BFN. I'm so confused as to what's going on. I'm never late. I also feel like I'm about to get AF but then she never comes. Praying.

I'm sorry that your body is playing tricks! All four times I've been pregnant I thought for sure the AF was coming. In fact it's the months that I don't feel pregnant that I usually am. Hoping you get some answers soon!

Old 07-11-2013, 11:51 AM

yay congrats on the BFP! joy.gifhappy and healthy 9 months to you!

delightedbutterfly hope you feel better soon, I hate being sick! Also yes stress can make O later and in this case I hope it does or this cycle will be out and I might just cry!!

cd 13 here, my opk test had a fainter line than yesterday, so I'm pleased it wasn't any darker yet as I need O to hold off until Tuesday preferably, cd 18. 

Hoping for perfect timing for everyone trying in the next few days, there are a few of us nearing that point! I'll be relaxed once O is over and if timing goes well....until then I'm stressed about it.

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
Old 07-11-2013, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

AF is finally over and I'm scheduled to O in about 14 days. Here's hoping we get pregnant this morning. I guess this means we will be doing like rabbits starting around the 23rd LOL

Anyone else taking prenatal vitamins while TTC? 

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 07-12-2013, 02:10 AM

Just checking in, the last month has been a little crazy and my last cycle was anovulatory so I haven't had much to report. However this cycle I did ovulate and I'm currently 11 dpo...though I have cramping and spotting so I'm not real hopeful. It won't surprise me if AF starts soon. :( I was really at least hoping for a longer LP since I'm using natural progesterone this cycle...I thought it was supposed to keep AF away until you stop it even if you don't get pg but I think I'm going to get it anyway before I even get to test. irked.gif Anyway, can you add me back under Waiting to Know? I must not have posted on the June thread but I'm still here.

angel.gif 6/07  angel.gif 5/13  angel.gif 9/13

Still trying for our rainbow1284.gif.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:17 AM

Well, I'm out. greensad.gif

AF was three days late, but she came this morning. I was so hopeful that this was the month. My cycles have been about 34 days, but now this one makes it 37 days. I've only been TTC for 2 months, but I think I might make an appointment with my OB/GYN for a check up. It's been about a year or so since my last. Obviously, it's too soon for the TTC talk, but I just want an answer about my wacky cycles. Anyone else with longer or irregular cycles? Do you think a check up is a good next step?    Any advice would help! Thanks.

NaturallyMo, good luck to you this month. I really hope it's the one for you! I've been taking prenatal vitamins for about 4 months and have been actively TTC for 2 months. You should see my hair and nails! So long!

Old 07-12-2013, 08:06 AM

Pepperedmoth, it's 10 dpo for me today!  I love cycle buddies wink1.gif. 

I'm really hoping it's this month.  It's our last vacation day, and I'm thankful I've been chasing my 2 crazy kids and their silly friends around the beach to keep my mind busy so I'm not super obsessed.  But today I woke up with slight cramps that I can't ignore.  I hope they're implantation cramps, not pms cramps like usual...but I'm trying to stay calm and realistic.  It's CD 27, and the last two months AF arrived on day 28 or 29.  But I ovulated a few days later this month, so I'm hopeful I'm not about to get my period.  I'm just hanging in there!  When we get home tomorrow, I might start going crazy.  Trying to hold out until Tuesday to test.

Sorry to hear about the disappointments this month--ttc can be so tough.  Lots of hugs and health to you all!

Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 AM

I hate to say it but I don't even think we will be able to ttc this cycle at all now gloomy.gif dp is now going to be away 2 or 3 extra days, so isn't back until Wednesday or Thursday! Which will be cd 19 and 20....I usualy O between cd 16-19 so I'm 99% sure it isn't going to happen this month. I'm so upset we can't even try now and it will be an entire month before we can again, why can't we just get pregnant on any day of the month? greensad.gif

Old 07-12-2013, 11:43 AM

runonmama, Yup, I'm 10 DPO too! I was about to ask you when you planned to test. I think I'm going to test tomorrow AM. I won't be devastated if it's negative; I'll just save the second test either for when I'm seriously late or for next cycle. If it's positive I'll have the weekend to process. NO WAY could I concentrate at work if I tested on Monday or Tuesday morning!

Good luck to you! I can't wait to hear from you, O-cycle-buddy-mine. 

Old 07-12-2013, 02:09 PM

Brooksfam - so sorry to hear that!

Delightedbutterfly - yeah, maybe I'll start charting with this next cycle if it ever comes! The cheapest two pack in Norway is over 20 bucks, and usually you are looking at 16-18 for 1! It's ridiculous. I usually try to buy ahead in the US, but we haven't been in awhile. Didnt get a chance to buy a test today and try are only at the pharmacy here so might be able to get one tomorrow and if not, gotta wait til Monday! Maybe AF will show up before that.

Pretty darn crunchy mama to Kiddo (2yo, DD), wife to Hubby, SAHM/aspiring writer/amateur sewist/lover of reading, traveling, music, natural parenting, unschooling, dogs, nature and more. Working on mindfulness and living in the present. Settled in Norway.

We familybed1.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFnamaste.gifselectivevax.gifsigncirc1.gifcd.gifhomeschool.gifand goorganic.jpg...

Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

Anyone else taking prenatal vitamins while TTC? 

Not yet duck.gifI keep trying to remember to pick them up but I'm always either forgetting them or now that my older DD is out of school I can't buy them with her around... We aren't telling the kids we're trying... But then I already feel like I'm taking so many pills and vitamins currently that adding more just isn't on my radar right now. Truthfully I wasn't very good at taking them in either of my previous pregnancies either. I am going to make a real effort this time. Partially because I feel less healthy then I was then, but in other ways I am healthier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdahekawi View Post

I was really at least hoping for a longer LP since I'm using natural progesterone this cycle...I thought it was supposed to keep AF away until you stop it even if you don't get pg but I think I'm going to get it anyway before I even get to test. 

I'm on oral progesterone and my doc put me on it to bring on my cycles regularily as my cycles started to go really wonky this last year. Although it's in pill form so no way natural, so it's possible they act differently... One of my best friends is a pharmacist though and she said because it's a hormone it will act differently in everyone's body irked.gif

Quote:

AF was three days late, but she came this morning. I was so hopeful that this was the month. My cycles have been about 34 days, but now this one makes it 37 days. I've only been TTC for 2 months, but I think I might make an appointment with my OB/GYN for a check up. It's been about a year or so since my last. Obviously, it's too soon for the TTC talk, but I just want an answer about my wacky cycles. Anyone else with longer or irregular cycles? Do you think a check up is a good next step?    Any advice would help! Thanks.

Awww I'm sorry! FWIW I don't think it's too soon for a TTC chat. I saw my Dr in February about future TTCing and at that point we weren't planning on trying until Nov. While you guys probably won't go into any great detail on more intensive options I don't think it would hurt to just run your questions and concerns by your Dr :) 

The only thing I always try to remember is that it's completely normal for it to take 6months-a year for most normal couples. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by runonmama View Post

I'm really hoping it's this month.  It's our last vacation day, and I'm thankful I've been chasing my 2 crazy kids and their silly friends around the beach to keep my mind busy so I'm not super obsessed.  But today I woke up with slight cramps that I can't ignore.  I hope they're implantation cramps, not pms cramps like usual...but I'm trying to stay calm and realistic.  It's CD 27, and the last two months AF arrived on day 28 or 29.  But I ovulated a few days later this month, so I'm hopeful I'm not about to get my period.  I'm just hanging in there!  When we get home tomorrow, I might start going crazy.  Trying to hold out until Tuesday to test.

Yay for the beach and something else to occupy your mind with! 

Looking forward to seeing a test update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2013 View Post

I hate to say it but I don't even think we will be able to ttc this cycle at all now gloomy.gif dp is now going to be away 2 or 3 extra days, so isn't back until Wednesday or Thursday! Which will be cd 19 and 20....I usualy O between cd 16-19 so I'm 99% sure it isn't going to happen this month. I'm so upset we can't even try now and it will be an entire month before we can again, why can't we just get pregnant on any day of the month? greensad.gif

I'm sorry Winter :( That really sucks! I don't mind when my DH goes away for work, but I do mind when it's right at O time! I will continue to hold out hope for a late O for you :) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperedmoth View Post

If it's positive I'll have the weekend to process. NO WAY could I concentrate at work if I tested on Monday or Tuesday morning!

Hahahaha! This is so true! Good Luck! I'm looking forward to a test update from you too!

Quote:

Delightedbutterfly - yeah, maybe I'll start charting with this next cycle if it ever comes! The cheapest two pack in Norway is over 20 bucks, and usually you are looking at 16-18 for 1! It's ridiculous. I usually try to buy ahead in the US, but we haven't been in awhile. Didnt get a chance to buy a test today and try are only at the pharmacy here so might be able to get one tomorrow and if not, gotta wait til Monday! Maybe AF will show up before that.

Yep those prices are totally in line here for the most part. Was only until recently that there have been other options in some places here! When we had our first two it was 1 for $16 and 2 for over $20 and that's basically all you could get. Our first was unplanned but our second we tried for almost a year... you can be assured I spent a small fortune on tests!

AFM: Gah! My throat was so swollen that I could barely breath last night and then I was having a hard time sleeping because I couldn't swallow. And once I finally did fall asleep I woke up choking on mucus and couldn't breath. I decided that it was 1 in the morning and only getting worse, not better and if I was going to have any chance at feeling better then I needed to get looked at NOW! So I took myself to emergency (luckily it was quiet at it usually is in the middle of the night) and I got looked at quickly. So they took a swab, started my on abx because it looks like strep (most likely because I'm already feeling better after only 2 doses) and within 40 mins I was home! I love living two blocks from the hospital sometimes! But of course now I'm feeling super guilty for being on abx and taking ibuprofen (doc was adamant I take ibuprofen instead of tylenol even though I told him I was avoiding it because we were TTC. On the other hand of course, I know that it's better to be feeling healthy and keep my body from trying too hard to fight an infection (fever, chills and constant headache as well)... So I guess while our timing was great, my body had other plans and so who knows what this cycle will look like. I guess there's still a chance, I'm just feeling less optimistic.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:58 PM

Thanks delightedbutterfly for the advice and response :-) feeling a little less crazy about going to the doc.

Hope you get to feeling better!
Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Gah. AF showed up yesterday full force, 10 dpo. The progesterone apparently didn't help at ALL. I've been reluctant to try the prescription form which is usually synthetic because every sythetic hormone I've ever used has given me basically every possible side effect, but if the natural progesterone cream isn't even going to lengthen my LP to a respectable length maybe I need to give in and go to an RE for a prescription. Please move me to waiting to O. I'll try and do personals later, on my phone and I don't think I can multi-quote.

angel.gif 6/07  angel.gif 5/13  angel.gif 9/13

Still trying for our rainbow1284.gif.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry Verdahekawi greensad.gif FWIW - My cycles have been completely wonky since starting the oral (and totally synthetic) progesterone. I am going to my doc in a week and a half for something else and I'm going to ask her about it. The only benefit to me for being on it is that the first time in 19 years my periods are the lightest and most manageable they have ever been! Even when I started they were heavy and painful. There was a year around when I was 19 when they were less severe and less painful but it still doesn't compare to how mine are now. There's been cycles lately where I only need a pad for a day even though they last three, or haven't needed a pad at all! In that way it has significantly helped me. But it has been messing with cycle length and O day and LP...

AFM - I temped this morning at a decent time and then entered the data on my app on my phone. Totally expecting to see beautiful strong crosshairs on Day 10... And nothing greensad.gif

So then I decided to put the discarded day 9 temp back in (discarded because I really hadn't slept that night at all!) and it gave me strong crosshairs on CD8!!!! Which still leaves me with this big temp dip on CD 10! I'll see if I can post pics and if you guys can figure out what's up. While I've been sick I haven't had a fever in the morning (double checked with my ear thermometer) and really only had a fever one afternoon? The abx have kicked in and I am starting to seriously feel better, even got some decent sleep last night!

Old 07-13-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:

NaturallyMo, good luck to you this month. I really hope it's the one for you! I've been taking prenatal vitamins for about 4 months and have been actively TTC for 2 months. You should see my hair and nails! So long!

Thanks @brooksfam! We're hoping this is the month too but if it isn't, we're just going to stop stressing and let things happen as they may. I too am planning for my yearly check-up in September but I think I may bump it up to August. I just want to be sure we are doing ok. I took my last pack of pills in April and I'm now on prenatals to prep my body for baby #2.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

Old 07-13-2013, 03:03 PM

I told hubby that we aren't pregnant this month. He's kinda sad about it but that's ok. We agreed to really go for it this month during our ovulation window and then we will see what happens. Although it will feel like a chore, we both really want another kid and now is a great time. Anyway, I'm positive and hope this positivity rubs off on those little eggs of mine!

Old 07-13-2013, 04:33 PM

Can you move me to Waiting to O? 

AF arrived, after we bought a two pack of tests and I was going to test tomorrow morning. We were driving 2.5 hours in the car and I bled through my shorts. Awesome way to find out I was NOT pregnant :( :( :(

DH was trying to be supportive but not saying "the right things" as I needed to hear them. 

Big sigh. 

One positive is maybe now I can have a glass of wine or two when I turn 30!! in a couple weeks :)

Good luck to you ladies on the TWW

Old 07-13-2013, 05:37 PM

I've been offline (out of town) for so long that I don't think I can respond to everyone, especially while nursing a very wiggly boy!  To try to cover my bases...congrats to bonadl, booooo to AF showing up for so many, and fingers crossed to everyone waiting to O and waiting to know!  Winter, I hope that your timing works out this month!

AFM, I was stressed that I would O too late after DH and I parted ways this month, but it looks like increasing my soy intake moved up my O date and I O'ed on our last day together and I'm now 2 DPO!  I'm so happy because I really want an April baby.  Please move me to Waiting to Know.  Hopefully this 2WW will fly by since I am out of town and doing the single parent thing until AF is due. I packed HPTs just in case!

Vegan family since 2011 - Wonderful DS1 born 1/08. Treasured DS2  born 11/10.

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." - Maya Angelou

Old 07-13-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

I told hubby that we aren't pregnant this month. He's kinda sad about it but that's ok. We agreed to really go for it this month during our ovulation window and then we will see what happens. Although it will feel like a chore, we both really want another kid and now is a great time. Anyway, I'm positive and hope this positivity rubs off on those little eggs of mine!

Positivity is always good! Scheduling sex always feels like a chore :( I often wish we all had a on/off button and when we wanted to conceive we released an egg and away you went. And when you didn't you kept your fertility turned off... Would be so much better!

Quote:

Can you move me to Waiting to O? 

AF arrived, after we bought a two pack of tests and I was going to test tomorrow morning. We were driving 2.5 hours in the car and I bled through my shorts. Awesome way to find out I was NOT pregnant :( :( :(

DH was trying to be supportive but not saying "the right things" as I needed to hear them. 

Big sigh. 

One positive is maybe now I can have a glass of wine or two when I turn 30!! in a couple weeks :)

I'm sorry newgirlintown greensad.gif That sucks. I find it's always after I buy the tests that AF shows up. And when you bleed through stuff it's always frustrating. Well wishes for your birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaJunkie View Post

AFM, I was stressed that I would O too late after DH and I parted ways this month, but it looks like increasing my soy intake moved up my O date and I O'ed on our last day together and I'm now 2 DPO!  I'm so happy because I really want an April baby.  Please move me to Waiting to Know.  Hopefully this 2WW will fly by since I am out of town and doing the single parent thing until AF is due. I packed HPTs just in case!

YAY! So glad you were able to move your O date up this month! Now fingers crossed you will get to use those HPT's and get a positive!!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 AM

Teajunkie that is great news glad your timing worked out so well at the last minute, I'm jealous! 2DPO is great, the work is done and you can chill redface.gif

My Opk test was positive today! Which may be too early for us to try this cycle as dp is away until Wednesday! greensad.gif FF says I should O either Monday or Tuesday, so I will continue to temp so I will know which day I O when my temp rises that morning. IF I don't O until Tuesday, is there still a chance that BD on Wednesday could potentially still work? How long does the egg have to be fertilized, 24 hours?

I know I'm scratching at straws here but if my temp rises Tuesday, maybe I won't O until late Tuesday or even that night? then the egg will still be good to be fertilised Wednesday.... right?

(I really can't wait until next month when I won't have all these timing issues!)

Old 07-14-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Finally I go crosshairs on CD 10 with CD 9 discarded. So 5 DPO here. And it's going to be another long 5 and 6 days until I start testing.

On the bright side... I'm starting to feel better. On the not so bright side DH came down with what I had. However we caught it early, sent him to the doc, got him some meds and besides missing his second day of his golf tourney I'm hoping he'll feel better asap! And I'm glad that we weren't super sick at the same time so at least we have been able to take care of each other and of the kids smile.gif

Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 AM

Delightedbutterfly yay for crosshairs and hope your dh feels better soon!

After reading online some sites say 12 hours for the egg, some say 24 hours but I've also found more saying 48 hours....so still not sure about that one.

Good news though this morning (monday) my temp is still low so I haven't O'd yet yay! and my O test was positive again (I'm wondering if today's test is the first positive as it is darker than yesterdays) so I will O on Tuesday or Wednesday for sure! Really got some hope back now that when we BD on Wednesday the egg will still be fertile and I still have a chance to conceive this cycle joy.gif Of course it is less likely to work but at least there is a chance it might.

Happy BD'ing everyone!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

I've heard between 12-24 hours too! My fingers are crossed that O keeps holding off for you!!!!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 AM

so today my temp dropped.  it's still higher than pre-o, but it's definitely on the low end.  i'm super bummed, but glad i didn't test early (i was so tempted yesterday!).  i'll still wait for tomorrow and maybe maybe maybe my temp will go back up.  if it does, or if af doesn't arrive by wednesday, i'll take a test.  but i'm not too hopeful.

sigh.  my son's birthday is in april, so i was hoping march would be it this time.  and i really do not want to have another summer baby--it was brutal with my dd!  so maybe if we're still not pregnant by next month, we'll wait until it would be an autumn babe (which is what i really wanted anyway...just a year ago!).  this is the longest it has taken us to get pregnant--i'm surprised and sad. :(  also a little worried about the distance between kids.  my first two are 2 years apart and are so close--i love it! this one might be 4 years younger than my daughter.  it's not the end of the world, just definitely not what we hoped for.  blah.

glad you're feeling better, delightedbutterfly!!  

sorry to hear about everyone being visited by dear af--ugh!!  it can get so frustrating!!

Old 07-15-2013, 11:22 AM

Good Luck.. Also try to relax in the process. I know it's easy said than done.. but try to..

Lost my angel on 11/22/12.. got my BFP on 3/29/13...Expecting the love of my life <3 on 12/13

Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM

Whoops.  I just posted in the June thread accidentally.  It's definitely not June anymore!

Okay...so I'm still here!  And I *think* I might have had implantation cramping this morning!  I'm on CD22 and was having weird menstrual-like cramps, but only on one side.  I will be so freaking excited if this is for real!! 

I am still dealing with the stupid yeast.  The rx cream didn't work (and gave me weird cramps!), so the doctor prescribed a dose of diflucan, but wants me to wait to take it until AF.  I bought some expensive probiotics and started taking them and started feeling better.  I also decided to just go ahead and try another round of monistat while I'm waiting.  If I could get rid of this stupid yeast AND be pregnant, it might be the best July ever.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List