Anyone else a little worried about adding baby number 3? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-01-2013, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this sounds silly but as AF is on her way sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing here. I already have an 8 and a 9 year old who I adore and I think I'm starting to panic that #3 might change our family dynamic in a really hard way! Not bad but I know just how tough parenting bubs can be! Along with work, DH being deployed overseas a lot and the other 2, I just wonder if I can really really do this or have I got rose tinted glasses on at times??
Don't get me wrong if #3 comes I know I'd cherish every moment but are there any other mums with 3 or more who can give me some advice on how another really changes the balance?? Or anyone else actively ttc who have panic moments that this really means change if those elusive blue lines do show themselves??
Just wondering if it is just me or do we all have "is this the right time?" moments?
Just first two were unplanned but DH and I were run of our feet with two 16 months apart to the day. Now life seems calm and somewhat centred. Arrrrrrggghhh so confused!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 05:55 PM

Honestly 3 was my hardest number to change to LOL. But with that said, I would not change it for anything in the world!!!  And your kids are old enough that they can do a lot of things by themselves. Mine were all two years apart. I am sure you will make the right choice for your family <3

*~Kelly~*
 Waldorf Mom to 9 blessings ~6 by birth and 3 by fost/adopt~

#3 of 9 Old 07-03-2013, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks MommyKelly I have heard a lot of people day number 3 is the hardest to adjust to. I really want this bub so much but I am secretly scared too! Thanks for your input <3
#4 of 9 Old 07-05-2013, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

oh my I thought I had posted to this thread a couple days ago!

We are TTC #3 and my older two are almost 5 and almost 8! I kind of feel the same way! I *want* more kids, there is no question of that and I know I'd regret it if I didn't have more. But it would be *so easy* to just stop at the two we have. Life has gotten easy, babysitters are easy, travel is easy, why do I want to go muck that up with another 1 (and then possibly another) and have life get a bit crazy again?

3 is scaring me. Going to two was easy. However I've also heard from so many people have have more than 2 that three was always the angel child. The best of both the older two and usually easy going because they were used to the noise when they were still in the belly and just kinda gelled into the family...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#5 of 9 Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 PM

I am so nervous about adding a third to the family!  I know that I would totally regret it if I didn't at least try though! 

#6 of 9 Old 07-06-2013, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm still panicking about #2.

javilu likes this.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#7 of 9 Old 07-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Going from 1 to 2 is really easy:). It's just like you know EXACTLY what to do when it happens:).
#8 of 9 Old 07-15-2013, 12:02 AM

We're ttc #3 and I'm COMPLETELY freaked out.

Our kids are 5 and 3 and our youngest had complicated health issues.  He cried and cried for the first year, I ended up with SEVERE PPD and we decided we were done.

But recently I've been changing my mind and we're now ttc #3.  I worry that my kids will hate me when I can't do as much with them.  I tend to have hard pregnancies with lots of vomit.  

I'm scared that they'll hate the baby, that it will ruin the family, that my husband and I won't be able to handle it, that I'll be mean when I'm sleep deprived, that I'll miss my kids that year b/c I'll be stuck with the baby, that I'll lose patience too often, and the list goes on...aaah.

#9 of 9 Old 07-17-2013, 01:20 PM

I never, never thought we would be TTC #3. I had it in my head that 2 was it, until DH started joking around about having another one. Well, too bad for him (LOL) I took him seriously and now want to have another one. I have two boys, and always thought I would have a girl. My mother died when I was a kid, so I would really, really like to have a mother-daughter connection again, but flipped, of course :) DH really wants a girl, too, and was depressed when we found out that #2 was a boy. I'm still kind of unsure, though. #1 was a no-brainer and I never experienced doubt or fear. With #2 I was more thoughtful and nervous. The thought of #3 is pretty scary, for DH too. If he said no, we absolutely will not have another, I would go along with it and be ok. I'm a SAHM and we are doing well financially, so the main fear for us is "Can we handle another one?" DH is coming around to being ok with it. Also, we live in the Twin Cities, where kids seem to come in threes. When I'm grocery shopping, at the zoo, etc., I see numerous larger families. It's the norm around here. But I hear ya, going from 2 to 3 is a hard and scary decision!

Me bfinfant.gifDP caffix.gif one silly 5 year old  boy blahblah.gif and a brand new babyboy.gifcd.gif  signcirc1.gifgoorganic.jpg

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page