HCG Bood Test Levels - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-13-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok I need some advice please. On June 24th I went for a pregnancy Blood test after my urine test showed up negative, my doc gave me a script for some prenatial plus vitamins an by the end of the day I got the results back from the blood work. My doc said it was under 1 an was conclusive which ment a definite negative. Well it is July 10th and I still have not had my period and have all the symptoms so they ordered another blood test. When I called the doc told me it came back inconclusive and is now reading a 2, she wants me to go back on Monday the 15th to repeat the blood work so I am. Is their a chance I could still be pregnant? My Doc also told me she seen one other case where it did the same thing and she was definetly pregnant the only thing is like I asked my doctor if I am I would be 7 weeks along so the results should be higher if so then what its doing she said some women are "slow risers" but still go and have healthy babies. She said we will see what Monday shows an go from their on if I will go for an ultrasound or not. What do you all think? I have had all the symptoms possible for the last four weeks and I feel pregnant. Thanks for your time.

#2 of 4 Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)

I have heard of slow risers also. That's hard...you'll have to wait until Monday. Or you could get a second opinion?....

Amethy31 likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 07-13-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks that gives me a little more hope. I am just going to wait until Monday and see what the test results show, hoping that it comes up that my level has gone up to what it should be.

#4 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Most labs consider an hcg level of 5 or below negative. It is very common to have some level of hcg present in your system at any time. In pregnancy though your hcg does start off low, it should be doubling every 2-3 days even if it was rising slowly.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page