Mothering Forum banner

The Saner TTC-Thunder Moon

29K views 676 replies 32 participants last post by  chuord 
#1 ·
Hello all and welcome!

The original "Sane 2ww" thread was started by zenquaker. This is a continuation of the "Sane 2ww" thread and we felt "A Saner TTC" was a natural evolution.

Here's the gist of the original thread: this is a space to re-conceive the 2ww as a time of waiting and contemplation. Although we don't judge those who wish to poas frequently, symptom-spot, or do chart analysis, this a space set apart from that activity. We share our thoughts about other ways to approach the 2ww and all parts of our cycles. We encourage each other to feel our feelings fully and to greet all possible outcomes with openness.

We hope you'll join us.

Hey all! Welcome to the new thread and welcome to any newcomers that I may have missed in my absence
wave.gif

Taking a month off from all things TTC was brilliant for my sanity!

I don't recall if we had any BFP's last month so chime in & fill me in!

I'm on vacation right now in Portland, OR and I'm not looking at the calendar at all in regard to my cycle so I don't even know where I'm at
lol.gif
Guessing it's not gonna happen this month, but I'm ok with that. DP & are having challenges, again, some more so who knows what's gonna happen at this point... But I'm here & still rootin for ya'll
love.gif

See less See more
Reactions: kier2
#27 ·
OMG, Its 230 AM, and my left ovary is killing me. I am considering heading to the ER if it doesnt stop in the next hour or so. What if I have a cyst or something lame like that. It really frickin hurts. It reminds me of ovulation pain but way more severe. Like a painful throbbing ache that wont let up. I cant sleep because I cant find a good position, and I tried to take a bath, but it didnt help. I took a couple tylenol 20 min ago, and I hope it starts working soon. Sucktastic.

#30 ·
Ocelot - Sorry you're out. That's frustrating.

MountainMama - How are you doing? Did you go in? I hope you're okay. This is happening to you around O time, right? I've heard of painful O pains, but rarely this painful. Keep us posted.

Hoping - Any news? A BFP would be lovely. Either way, I hope you're not stuck in limbo.

Marquess - Thinking of you and your decision. :hugs

Oxford - You're at testing time, right? I hope your triphasic chart means good things for you.

Winter - I hope all is well with you. I hope this is your month for a BFP.

AFM - CD6. I'm in the beginnining another cycle of Letrozole + trigger shot + IUI. On Friday (CD9), I'll be having a HSG. That's where they push dye unto the uterus and tubes to look for abnormalities or blockages. It's reportedly pretty painful, but I'm looking forward to getting some answers or at least to getting my tubes powerwashed.
wink1.gif
Maybe it will make a clearer path for the spermies to travel along. If I have to drive myself, I'm taking 800mg Motrin. If my DH drives me, I'm going to take some Vicodin.

#31 ·
Evening all!

Ocelot- sorry to hear you are out :-( get yourself some sushi, wine, soft cheese and any other banned foods! Big hugs.

Mountain- are you ok? That sounds very painful indeed. I can do strange things to the body, but that sounds extreme. Did you get it checked out? Hope you are feeling much better now.

Hoping- welcome! nice to have you along :) on the BFN, perhaps your o date was later than you thought and you are testing early? On the other hand, we have had ladies in here who have not had their BFP until they were 4 weeks late- seriously!! So don't give up hope. Relax, take it easy and keep us posted on the testing! We are all watching your story now!!

Marquess- good for you for taking time out. I'm sure the answer that's right for you will appear and you'll know. Stay open and it will come to you. Keep checking in every now and again, be lovely to hear how you are doing, whatever your decision about TTC.

Mamablue- best of luck with your new round of IUI. It sounds like you have got this month well set up. The doctor has referred me for a due test too, seeing as though the blood tests were all fine. I hadn't heard it was painful though :-( let me know how you get on. On the positive side, my doctor (and good old google!) said that there is an increased rate of pregnancy after the test just because your tubes have been jet washed!! I really hope it works for you and this is your month. I have everything crossed for you. Keep in touch :)

AFM- it's 13 dpo today. My tripjasoc chart took a nose dive today. Still above the cover line but a big drop. I expect our favourite auntie tomorrow or the day after so no point testing. This seems to be a new pattern for me now, it has happened for the last two months- triphasic and then drops away on 13 dpo. Oh well, at least I know that the hormones are working!!

We have our holidays (vacation) in two weeks time and over the O time. I've read that there is a massive increase in conception in holiday as you relax and spend more time BD!! So I've told DH that we are forgetting TTC and limiting BD to 3 times a week (doctor advice) and instead we are just going to enjoy holiday sec and see what happens. Iigjt even go wild and put away my thermometer and Opk for the month!! That sounds quite liberating :)

Hope you are all doing well and in a good place. Baby dust!!!

#33 ·
13 dpo took test 10 and 11dpo neg so just waiting lol still haven't figured out why u gained 15 lbs in one month. so weird I have stayed same weight eating habits everything for last 2 yrs and then this last month bam I gain 15 lbs soooo weird everyone askin if I'm pregnant lol

#37 ·
Ok so now I am 4 days overdue for af but not even the slightist line to indicate bfp. Tested this am with first norning urine using crystal clear and as I suspected another BFN:( I am normally so regular with 28 day cycles. Do you ladies think it would be reasonable to go yo my GP and ask for bloods or am I being a little neurotic!!!
smile.gif
Just want this bub so so bad which I am sure you can all relate to.
I have my fingerd crossed for all of you and keep you in my prayers everyday. Here's to hoping to BFPs all round very soon!!!! <3

#38 ·
Oxford - hugs on AF being imminent... I started 3 days ago - do am now back on the ttc wagon (still trying to keep it relaxed though) I got done vitex for me and am going to get dh to take something multivitamin like... I got him zinc drops which he refused lol...

Mamablue - fx for you on the clean out! Hope it's not painful...

#40 ·
Ok so I am most likely grasping at straws here but just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. AF was due 4 days ago at 14dpo. My cyle is normally very regular but right now don't even have any usual AF symptoms. So today is 18dpo, last time I tested was yesterday using fiirst morning urine and of course was rewarded with yet another BFN. So question is has anyone got their BFP so late? Just trying to hold on to some hope and wondering where AF/BFP is!!! It's just driving me crazy not knowing!!!! Hoping some of you lovely ladies may have some insight or positive stories.
Good luck to all of you, sending baby dust to you all xxx
smile.gif

#41 ·
Morning!

Nice to hear from you chuord, how are you doing? Did you hear back from your job applications? Glad you enjoyed your break from TTC, your relaxed state has got to help.
We have our holiday/vacation the week after next, so this month I'm not temping or Opk, I'm just going to have lots of holiday sex and relax! Hopefully the not trying will work ;-)
How has your DH reacted to your vitamins? I have got mine on a conception multivitamin, it's his n hers! I thought he would refuse, but he seems quite cheerful about it!!

Scjp- sorry to hear about your BFN. Here comes the new cycles, fingers crossed that this is your month :)

Hoping- are you certain that you O 'd on that day and not any later? Do you temp? If so, try changing the settings eg advanced to FAM. That can make a difference. If you are totally sure about your dates, hang in there! We had a lady on here who waited 4 weeks for her BFP!! That's extreme, but it can happen. Try to relax (impossible I know!!) ;-) fingers crossed!!

Man blue- you are in my thoughts today for your test. Hope you get great results

#43 ·
I don't temp but maybe I should. I use an ovuplan scope and have just bought an opk in anticipation for next cyle. I just never go over my AF due date and don't have any imminent symptoms that the witch is coming! Just so impatient with it all, I just want my BFP now; lol or at least for AF can start so I can plan to try again! Would it be unreasonable to request bloods at this point?

#44 ·
Hoping - probably not unreasonable to do bloods, I think they show up at about half the hcg required for a hpt... I'd wait a little longer personally... Oxford is right one lady waited two weeks after AF was due to get a bfp (4 total) just hang in there, and do what's right for you be it wait or go request bloods.

Oxford - that's so cool you got dh onto the vitamins! Mine jumped backwards and put his hands behind his back when I showed the zinc drops - lol and said no, not going to happen... Lol drama queen! So I'm just going to use foods high in it for a while
wink1.gif

#45 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am just so impatient and desperate to know what is going on. I am now 5 days late for AF which is unheard of for me
smile.gif
I think I will request some bloods if no AF by Monday but likely to do a few more hpts over the weekend but expecting BFNs all round!!
greensad.gif
Anyone know if any hpts are better than others? I am now 19dpo....I think. Hope all you ladies are having luck with your BFPs, you have all been so helpful. I have my fibgers crossed for you all and will keep you updated regatding the absent AF! Hugs to all, Hoping
smile.gif

#48 ·
Morning!

Chuord- yes it was surprisingly easy with DH. He had just had good speed test results so he was feeling super confident! He agreed and so I bought the his n hers. He is dutifully taking them everyday. I think he just wants me pregnant now so I will leave him in peace! I'm looking forward to a quiet month of no "trying". How are things with you? Are you maintaining your zen?

Hoping- on fertility friend there is a review of the accuracy of hpt's, but to be honest FRER seems pretty reliable and nearly all of them are once you pass your due date for AF. It does sound like O was later. Hang in there and that BFP will come :)

Mountain- loving your calm! That's gotta help. baby dust to you

Mamblue- how as the dye test?

Hi to everyone else. Happy weekend!

#49 ·
My IPad is being laggy on mothering today. Sorry for the typos.

Hoping - sorry you're still in limbo. I hope joy get either AF or a BFp very soon. Waiting is the pits!

mountain - I love your attitude.

Chourd - I'm sorry your DH is fussy about his vitamins. My DH gets stubborn about things sometimes, too. He usually comes around if someone else talks to him about it. I know your DH is in the medical field. would he listen of a RE suggested supplements to him?

AFm - HSG yesterday. It didn't go exactly as planned. the catheter came out and leaked dye when they started to apply force to push the dye through my tubes. they quickly took a few X-rays to see if enough dye went through my tubes to see if they were cleared. They just barely got their shots. Dye came out both tubes, but not in abundance because of the cath slipping. The doc was very matter-of-fact (which I like) and she said that she felt that I'm all clear based on the X-rays and my history. Interestingly (and tmi) when I sat up, some of the dye washed out and in it was a small piece of tissue that looked like a lumpy piece of rice in size and color. I have no idea what it was. Of course, I've thought myself into a tizzy that it was something that was blocking one of my tubes that has since dislodged itself, and that maybe there's more that was missed because of the cath slippage. I am a goofy girl sometimes. The procedure was uncomfortable during setup, and the dye push was just starting to feel very crampy when the cath popped out, so I image it would have been worse than it was. So all in all, it's over, but I sure hope it did its job.

#50 ·
Hi Ladies- Can I join your group? I am 38 and have 2 LO's (my 2 yr old is still nursing at night and nap times) and we are ttc #3, but having a much more difficult time this go around. I assume it is because I am still nursing.

I seriously need some sanity...I have driven myself crazy analyzing every symptom and it's funny....when I catch myself being completely nutty I notice The Beatles "Let It Be" singing in my head. It's like my body trying to tell my mind to chill out.

Anyway hope things are great for you all and some sticky beans will be reported soon!

#51 ·
Hey everybody
wave.gif

I've decided to step out as thread starter/tender so someone will need to speak up here to take it over for the next full moon, which is Aug 20, I think.

1/3 of the way through our vacation DP & I broke up, which makes it sound like it was a horrible thing, but it's really ok. So that means I'm off the TTC roller coaster again some more...Right before I left town I started w/a new company that some of you (stay at home) mamas might be interested in
thumb.gif
I don't know if I can say what we do or sell but if you want to tighten, tone or firm any problem areas on your body at an affordable price & pain free & effort free you just let me know-send me a PM! So I'm super stoked about this biz and having it to focus on right now is such a blessing and so I plan to start looking for donor sperm soon once I've got money rolling in cuz those little guys don't come cheaply!
lol.gif

Best of luck & many blessings to each of you
grouphug.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.