The Saner TTC-Thunder Moon - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#631 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Oxford - Today's the big day! Thinking of you.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#632 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

chuord -- I have known people who have carried memories of their trauma in physical "echos" on their body; that's so difficult and I hope you continue to have success in healing that. While I haven't experienced it as actual pain, I did have a long period in my life where anxiety intruded on my sex life because of past trauma. It took a long time to really get to a place where having sex wasn't really stressful for me, a long process of helping subconscious beliefs and reactions cross over into conscious thoughts so I could deal with them more directly.

wengrin -- Ditto on the anxiety... I struggled with that for a long time, too. I'm lucky that my circumstances aren't as difficult now (single parent for a while, living in poverty, recovering from an abusive relationship), and I've simultaneously found ways of coping with anxiety when it does start to well up. And vitamin D is really important, and many, many people today are chronically deficient. It's a vitamin that is actually considered to be a hormone, so having that out of whack can mess up everything from mood to sleep to concentration and weight. I know I'm chronically deficient. I take a supplement and try to get outside for 30 minutes a day (which is great for mood anyway), but I'm not always successful.

oxford -- Very much thinking of you. I don't want to be Pollyanna about you situation that I know is very worrying and difficult, but from where I am, I am really hoping for you that getting this diagnosis is going to be the first step to getting the answers you need to be able to conceive. Regarding the vitex -- I take 2 capsules every night. This seems to be the right dose for me to get full benefit from it. I don't have issues with luteal phase length (pretty much always 14 days, although I've always had a relatively short follicular period), but I do have wicked PMS, really emotionally painful and disruptive. I've had GREAT relief from the vitex in that regard. I've heard from some people that the tincture is more effective than the capsules (now, the nurse in me is like, why? isn't the ingredient the same? but anyway...), but they work for me, so I'm not stressing on that. I think the recommendation (on the bottle I have) is to take one pill twice a day, but I don't remember to take pills more than once a day, so I take them both at night. Again, since it seems to be working, I think it's okay.

On that subject -- I am not sure if I should still be taking the vitex since I got a positive test. I'm continuing for now, because the positive effect is supposed to be progesterone support, and with my history of multiple mc, I'd like to cover my bases. The research I've seen has not shown vitex to be harmful during pregnancy. I've gone back and forth about getting my progesterone tested, but I don't think I will. I don't think I want to take this pregnancy into a medical realm yet, and I really think my last pregnancy failed because of chromosonal abnormalities (because the sac was empty at the ultrasound, before there had been any bleeding). Progesterone might have just delayed an inevitable loss... I don't know know if this is the best course or not... I may call my midwife and just see what she recommends.

I tested again this morning, and it wasn't any darker than yesterday (perhaps even a shade fainter?). Still positive, though! Got to love FRER for a clear line. Nonetheless, this is stressing me out a little. I expected a darker result. I recognize, though, that I'm just obsessing on something I cannot change, and really just being impatient. So I'm going to chill out on the testing for a few days, and then use my last FRER when I'm about 14 dpo and hopefully reassure myself.

And, oh, I had such good intentions for some cute and creative way to tell DH (the frontrunner was to reprogram his phone to play "She's Having My Baby" when I called... I may do that anyway), but I ended up blurting it out last night, which was fine. I was worried he would be so reserved in his reaction (because of the mc) that he wouldn't be happy with me, but he was very sweet and positive about it. So, I'm relieved as far as that goes. I told my best friend as well, but we're not telling anyone else until after 12-13 weeks. I can't handle the public mourning thing again. In the meantime, I'm really hoping for some good symptoms in the next couple of weeks! I never got sick with my last mc pregnancy. I don't want to be flat on my back (because work, and other kids, and so much other stuff to do), but just enough to feel good and knocked up.

In other, non-pee-related news, my women's chorus performed over the weekend, and that went really well. One of the member announced that her partner was pregnant with twins! Very cool, particularly since she has PCOS and is 37 (which, I know, isn't terribly advanced age, but I know they had some concerns about it). It made me happy. We're having our end of season potluck tonight. Before then, I need to get moving on some homework that's due! I cannot wait for the semester to end and all this to be over for a few weeks.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#633 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Hi everyone smile.gif I've been reading along but haven't had time to comment with the move. I miss you all! I'm on my phone so I may miss replying to someone.

Primal - Congratulations!! So exciting! Looking forward to hearing how you tell your DH. When is your EDD?

Chorud- I am glad you have support to be healing from the trauma. I sure wish you didn't have to go through the trauma, though. Still, I feel like positive things are right around the corner for you. Have you tried the Yam cream yet? I thought that looked very interesting.

Wengrin - love hearing about your trip! Sooo funny about the maternity pants. I would think your SD would catch on, but some teens are so self involved she may not have given it much thought, haha. I agree that your picture is lovely and you do look pregnant! Glowing. Any morning sickness?

Oxford - I'm waiting with bated breath to hear your results. I hope this is the final hurdle for you before your BFP. Re: Vit D, living in the Northwest I sometimes got very low ("critically low" they called it) and they would have me come in for shots to build it back up. Then I would supplement with vit D3. Good idea to check.

Afm - Non pregnancy related I'm feeling pretty miserable. The move was crazy stressful, and now I miss my home and friends and chickens and having my own space and the sun and most of all, Mark, so much that it's palpable. I just DO NOT want to be living here at my mom's. I'm grateful, but very unhappy. I'm sure I will adjust somewhat, and it will be better once we have Internet and my car is delivered. I am always terribly unhappy and feel trapped if I don't have a car. Especially now, because there are things we need that i can't go get.

Having the dogs here is very difficult, too. My mom's yard isn't fenced, and it is in a neighborhood. The dogs keep destroying our stuff and going to the bathroom everywhere. At our house we lived on three acres and the dogs could play outside as much as they wanted.

Other than that, breast tenderness is my main symptom still. I'm a little over 4 weeks. I don't normally get morning sickness until about 6-7 weeks. I am badly craving Starbucks Egg and Ham sandwiches, though! And noticed I feel more warm and living towards everyone. I had a bit of a scare, well, kind of. The day we arrived, the 16th I took my last Wal Mart test and it was super light. The next morning I took my last first response test and the line came up very dark and right away! So that made me feel better. I think I will wait a bit longer before joining a DDC though. I did make a midwife appointment for Dec 10th, which exciting! The same midwife who delivered Malcolm, who I adore.

Tried to post this earlier and it didn't take, so apologies for not replying to later posts smile.gif

Girl absolutely in love with boy and our DD (11/06), DS1 (08/11) and DS2 (brand new!)
#634 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Wengrin, mares and everyone else who's been so caring smile.gif thank you! I love the support, I know in this case I'm fine apart from my cervix lol.. I think the final part of the healing will be at my Bowen appointment today... And mares yes going without the trauma would have been grand, my only consoling though over the years (given that the stat is 1 in 5 women have one) is that since I was silly enough to need 2, I saved a couple of other women the trouble - warped I know but making it a community service helped.

Mares re the cream - Ranee uses it, but when we checked my body doesn't want it, apparently my progesterone levels are fine - the problem was the cervix thing that's been causing the spotting... However the reviews for that particular cream were good and it's all natural.
Primal joy - I feel like I need to add that joy in there now wink1.gif I'm really happy dh knows already - I think that you need his support early on as although this one is different to last time you'll need lots of hugs and reassurance. I think you have been getting positives so early that slightly faint is probably normal... Be gentle and enjoy it!
Mares - you too be gentle, so much to go through in early pg - btw have you told your mum? I totally get you re the car, I grew up in the country and public transport is taxis and planes lol... Whenever things get oppressive just know that it's all part of a grand plan for your greater good in the end... So in the end how close will you be to the inlaws?
Mamablue - any symptoms? I'm just getting a warm and happy mellow vibe from you... After all the hassles I'm so happy for you!
Oxford - good luck, can't wait to hear the most excellent plan of conception your doc has planned.

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#635 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 08:14 PM

Clearer tonight (did I say I was going to wait?). That's reassuring. Lots of uterine heaviness with a little cramping, as if AF was about to arrive. Hope not, though! Stick, sweet little sprout!!

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#636 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I see this one primal it's getting darker how dpo are u now???
#637 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Congrats Primal!!!

Me - 40 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 41 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#638 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 10:23 PM

I see this one! Yes!!!!

#639 of 677 Old 11-19-2013, 11:51 PM

I'm with the ladies - there's no doubt anymore primal joy - you are well and truly pregnant CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#640 of 677 Old 11-20-2013, 06:15 AM

scjp -- I was 11 dpo.

#641 of 677 Old 11-20-2013, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Primal- I can even see that one on my phone- excellent news! :-) I'm so pleased DH is right behind you.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement and thoughts yesterday, it was a tough day. I have been diagnosed with Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which is a hormone imbalance that makes it more difficult to conceive. It actually feels a relief to know for certain and also very sad.

However the consultant has put me straight on drugs- metformin to regulate my hormones and clomid to stimulate ovulation. Anyone any experience of either? I will start them when AF arrives at the end of the week (probably!). I hope this might be the little zing we need to get pregnant ;-)

The consultant also told me that the due test showed one if my tubes was fine but she couldn't see the other one properly to say whether it's ok or not, so she offered a laparoscopy. I am really unsure as it sounds to be quite major surgery. Mamablue- did you have one??

Finally she is much more action orientated than the last consultant and offered IUI or IVF (we get IUI and one free round of IVF on our national health service). I don't know about this. I guess I want to try the drugs first, although it's good to know I can call on other options I that doesn't work. My head was spinning last night!

I spoke to my BF this morning and she's unexpectedly pregnant with #3!! It's a big shock as it took her 3 years and IVF with #2!! I'm delighted for her and now more than ever I want to be pregnant so we can go trough it together!!

What a whirlwind week!!

Mare- sorry to hear its stressful at your mums. Keep your hand on your tummy, stay calm and look after yourself. Has DH started his new job yet?

Wengrin- good journey back from NY. I'm so pleased you are passed those panic attacks and life got so much better with your DH and DS joining your life :-) did DS enjoy the trip? I guess dd will be excited to have you home. Travel safely.

Chuord- your body is very determined about what it wants, good for you. Big hugs on the past. You are such a strong person. I hope this new healing will open your body to that LO waiting to join you and DH :-)

Mamablue- hope you're still chilling and enjoying that LO. It makes me smile so much that you're finally pregnant after all the perseverance.

Baby dust to all!
#642 of 677 Old 11-20-2013, 09:07 AM

Oxford - Yes, I had a laparoscopy the cycle before I conceived. I would not call it a major surgery, and I am so glad I did it. I was told more than once that it was the gold standard of treatment/diagnosis. I was given the opportunity to wait to do the lap and try another month of meds first, but we went for the lap right away. I really think that's what made a difference. My doc does, too. If you do the lap, would they remove the fibroid that's in there at the same time that they take a look at your tube? You'd have to delay your clomid a cycle though, right? Metformin could still be taken though, yes? That's not a drug to specifically induce ovulation, right? That's for blood sugar or something similar? Also, I have taken clomid. Works great. I didn't take it this time because I'd already taken the lifetime max, so letrozole it is for me. Would your clomid cycles also involve IUI? Or are you planning timed intercourse? I see IVF is also an option. You could do that, but know that's a lot of meds and stimming. Totally doable, but I'd definitely do a lap before I took the big step towards IVF.

#643 of 677 Old 11-20-2013, 10:38 AM

Oxford I am relieved for you that you finally know what you are dealing with. I am so happy for you that you have all of those options and also totally grateful that Mamablue can give you her expertise, knowing all about it and having been through it. This board truly is a blessing for so many reasons. How amazing that your BF got pregnant without trying after needing IVF! It is so crazy how that happens. How wonderful would it be if you went for the lap like Mamablue did and that was just what you need to clear the way and make that baby! And be pregnant with your BF. I am so glad you now know what you are dealing with. That has to be a relief. I know scary too....I'm sure you're still processing it. Thank goodness you have your healthcare system...and many options.

Primal that definitely is a BFP! Don't worry I had lots of AF cramping right around the time I tested positive. And I did not get a dark line until 15-16 dpo. So you are getting faint lines early. Congrats!! They will darken.

Mares- please do take care of yourself. Try not to worry about the test...I think the Walmart cheapies are good, but they probably have bad batches. I have heard of some batches not getting dark enough like they should. So every time I would buy them I would make sure to select several different "lots" from the manufacturing code. Big hugs to you...I'm sure you miss your hubby. Hope the car comes soon!! So glad you got the midwife that you love. I hope everything goes well.

I actually have my first sonogram Monday Dec 2nd. I am praying there is a nice healthy bun in my cooker!

Chuord-You are so fortunate to have Ranee(sp?). That type of healing sounds wonderful. I wish we had something like that here. There are very few practitioners and the closest one was 4 hour drive. Anyway glad you are recovering and taking care of yourself. And wonderful news that your progesterone was up there! That's a good thing.

We made it back safely and DS absolutely enjoyed the trip more than I would have expected for a 2 year old. He was so excited about taking a plane, then a boat (for a your around Manhattan) and a train (subway). He was telling the taxi can drivers all about it. It was really cute. We are completely wiped out though. Very rushed 3 day trip...and the airport in NYC is pure chaos. I was stressed that we would miss our flight. But we made it back safely. DD was thrilled to see us. She wanted to hear all about the trip. I am taking her to The Nutcracker in a couple of weeks so she is excited for that. She loves the ballet.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care! Hugs xx
#644 of 677 Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 PM

Oxford - I too am really hsppy you know what's going on... Like Wengrin I'm so happy that you have options that you get to pick between and mama blue to tell you what it's really like wink1.gif
Mamablue - how are you traveling? Feeling any different symptoms?
Wengrin - when pg you turn into a total mother duck right? So cute - it comes across in your posts!
Faithrising - are you still hanging out?
Mares - hang in there! How are you going?
Had a Bowen treatment yesterday which completed my corrections... Thanks Wengrin I really do feel blessed to have attracted such a caring team... Ranee is a friend now too and if I need to I can text and ask stuff whenever... If you are really keen lots of them can do phone consults... It's easy to do it remotely - during my treatments we often do dh too - even when he's at work (but never while operating)

#645 of 677 Old 11-20-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post

Oxford - I too am really hsppy you know what's going on... Like Wengrin I'm so happy that you have options that you get to pick between and mama blue to tell you what it's really like wink1.gif
Mamablue - how are you traveling? Feeling any different symptoms?
Wengrin - when pg you turn into a total mother duck right? So cute - it comes across in your posts!
Faithrising - are you still hanging out?
Mares - hang in there! How are you going?
Had a Bowen treatment yesterday which completed my corrections... Thanks Wengrin I really do feel blessed to have attracted such a caring team... Ranee is a friend now too and if I need to I can text and ask stuff whenever... If you are really keen lots of them can do phone consults... It's easy to do it remotely - during my treatments we often do dh too - even when he's at work (but never while operating)

That's funny, yes I have been told that :-) my mothering instincts kick in full strength! One downside of being pregnant is that I get annoyed with strangers! I don't know why....it happened with DS, I remember. I don't show it, but when someone comes to try to talk to me I grit my teeth and hope it is over soon. That is so unlike my usual personality. I will usually make conversation with a fence post! But when pregnant I just get a little grouchy. Not sure if it's the hormones or my protective instinct. Kind of how mama animals will growl if you come near their babies. I don't know....haha. It's only with strangers though. Bizarre.

Also that's amazing you can do the therapy over the phone! I might be interested in that sometime......
#646 of 677 Old 11-21-2013, 03:37 PM

Lol Wengrin wink1.gif I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices!

Oxford any news? Hope you feel powered by the knowledge you received.

#647 of 677 Old 11-22-2013, 04:32 AM

Hello all!

Thank goodness it's Friday, I'm exhausted today!! What a long week it's been.

I had acupuncture on Wednesday night an it was fab, I really feel more balanced, calm and more energy when I have had a treatment. I can heartily recommend!

This afternoon I pick up my metformin and begin my new drugs. AF is due tomorrow, if my cycle is going to be normal this month, if not, who knows when she will turn up!! I am looking forward to starting a new cycle with the drugs, clomid and follicle tracking. At least I will know that I have ovulated and it will help with the bd timing :-)

Wengrin- your DS is so sweet to love all the different modes of transport. What a total cutie!! Enjoy swan lake :-)

Chuord- where are you in your cycle now? Aren't you coming up to O?

Mamablue- thank you for your advice. I'm hoping the drugs will work magic, if not, it will be the lap. I've gone from having no options to way too many!!

Happy weekend to you all. Anyone got any exciting plans??
#648 of 677 Old 11-22-2013, 11:25 AM

Oxford - Awesome to hear from you! I'm am so excited for your first medicated cycle. Go ovaries, go! You can do it!

#649 of 677 Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 AM

Thanks Oxford. Yes I'm looking forward to the music and beautiful dancers.

I am excited for you to begin a new cycle with meds and the more accurate knowledge of when to BD. :-) I hope this is just what you need to get things going!! I can imagine you must be overwhelmed with the options...I am terrible with decisions. Good that you decided to try this first and then you can explore the lap. Thank goodness you have all of those options! That's a good thing.

I have heard that accupuncture is really helpful. I have never tried it. I would benefit from the pain relief that most people experience, since I have arthritis of the spine and migraines...

Nothing exciting this weekend here. We are whooped! Looking forward to resting and getting caught up on laundry. It has gotten out of control being out of town....and then the busy week trying to get caught up. Ready for things to go back to normal.

Anyone else have any fun or relaxing plans?
#650 of 677 Old 11-22-2013, 02:04 PM

Yay for choices Oxford! It's great that it is all back in your control, that is empowering and confidence building!
I should o in around a week - I hope since dh is away in Darwin for the weekend. I'm glad you love your acupuncture! Lol Bowen does the same for me physically and then Ranee sorts the weird and wacky issues wink1.gif
Wengrin - we're booking in to see the 'chirpy chitty bang bang' musical just before Christmas with my parents... It's been way too long for me between live entertainment!

#651 of 677 Old 11-22-2013, 07:32 PM

Belated thanks for everyone's well wishes!

Oxford -- I think your plan sounds great. Hopefully good strong ovulation via meds will get you your bfp. It's so great your health service pays for it! IF care in the US is nearly always an out of pocket expense (and our healthcare is expensive!). Have you started taking the Clomid yet?

Chuord -- Fingers crossed for you that O holds off as long as you need it to! We love live theater, too, and don't get there nearly often enough (mainly due to $$ and busyness).

Wengrin -- Good luck keeping your secret from the kids! That will be the hardest part for us, too. My boys are nosey!

Mares -- Ugh, I HATE not having a car. And being confined with lots of people. Sending zen vibes your way. When will you be moving again? I might have missed that part.

Mamablue -- How are things with you? Also, do you ever feel nuts for choosing to have four kids? Because, tell you what, I do sometimes. smile.gif

AFM, doing fine. The last pic I posted was the last test I had, which is probably for the best. I think it's too early to put too much importance on symptoms or lack thereof, or so I'm telling myself. I am feeling so bloated (which would be normal in this part of my cycle anyway...). I'm overweight and carry my weight mostly in my belly area, so the little extra whatever from early pregnancy makes my belly stick out like I'm five months gone. Makes it hard to keep a secret. My workplace (which will be the last to hear of this) is really baby-focused, lots of younger women working there. I'll outright lie to them if I have to, just let them think I'm unapologetically gaining weight (they're big into dieting, too; this is quite taboo). So, yeah, just tired (but that's nothing special for me) and puffy.

My EDD is 4 August if you go by lmp, or 1 August if you go by ovulation. I imagine they'll give me 4 Aug, which is fine. I have always spntaneously had my babies at least a week early, which is nice. Not so many people bugging you to hurry up and get it done.

Our friends had their babies today, healthy boy/girl twins. Little boy was almost three pounds bigger! What a little chunk! Rightly or wrongly, I still have some sadness when I think of them, but that might just be habit at this point. I has gotten a lot better, and I can be happy for them.

Less happy -- my choir friend found out that one of her babies isn't viable. The other is okay so far. Really sad, as they'd waited the prudent 13 weeks before telling and everything. My heart just aches for them.

In other news, my son is turning 11 next week, and we're having his party on Sunday. We don't spend a lot on their parties, but I try to make it really special with lots of dollar store decorations, homemade cake (we have to because he's gluten sensitive), pizza (that's the pricey part, the gf pizza!) and games. I'm always nervous when I have to get my house ready for people I don't know well. I hope all the parents don't stay for all of it! We don't have a huge house (and that means buying more pizza!). It will be nice for him, though. DH is taking 2-year-old out of the house so the big boys can party without interference.

How's everyone else doing? For those of us stateside, getting ready for Thanksgiving? We're hosting this year (aaaaa!).

#652 of 677 Old 11-23-2013, 01:02 PM

Also, how is everyone feeling about a new thread? Possibly a TTC/graduates combo thread so that the saner sisterhood can continue regardless of where you are in your journey? 

I'm fine either way, and would love to hear others' feelings on this. I'd personally like to stay in touch with everyone who is still working on their BFPs, as well as those who are trying to have saner pregnancies. I do understand though that sometimes you just want a TTC only space, and I totally respect that...

Thoughts? 

#653 of 677 Old 11-23-2013, 01:33 PM

Chuord- I LOVED Chitty Chitty Bang-Bang when I was little! One of my faves....I love to see live musicals and theatre, but for us it is not as often as I would like. We do it as much as we can..... If I had some extra money, that would be my regular splurge...that and vacations and spa days!!! Massages and poolside pedicures would be divine. I am dreaming over here....

Primal- I know exactly what you mean. I also carry extra weight in my belly. I swear my tummy is bulging out to the point that I'm not sure I can hold off telling people until 13 weeks. My daughter who is 8 knows. She is the one I was hesitant to tell because she can't keep a secret and has sort of an attention seeking thing where she will try to come up with cool things to make others listen to her or envy her (which is maddening sometimes but I try to give her extra attention as much as I can, because she has some anxiety from me being divorced from her dad and then remarried...and then new baby brother and step-siblings...so I try to be sensitive to her). Anyway I decided we had to tell her, because she is like an investigative reporter and would figure it out. So far she has spilled the beans to 2 of her friends...I know it's because if the attention. But she swore she wouldn't say anything to family that will be here for Thanksgiving. Speaking of, yes we are hosting as well. Plus my in-laws as well as my parents and brother are coming. Arrrggghh!! My in-laws are different people. Southern Baptist extremists...they don't drink (unless out of town) and they judge people who do. Hard to explain but my parents are very social and relaxed, and his parents are just not. But, the cousins will get to play which is fun for the kids.

I am feeling so sick and nauseous...and no energy at all. I hate to complain...but it really is bad. I keep trying to remind myself that I should keep my focus on maintaining a healthy pregnancy and be grateful for the nausea because that means the hormones are flowing.

That is very sad about your friend who found out one baby isn't viable. :-(

I can also completely understand your feelings about your other friends with the twins. It must be hard knowing your little one would be around the same age.

Since we have the 50 year anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination this week, I have been reading about he and Jacqueline Onassis Kennedy's life. She had very rough pregnancies and 3 losses...one miscarriage, then a baby that died one week before she was due and was born still...then a child born with severe problems that only lived a couple of days. I had no idea...it is very sad, and I don't mean to focus on negative. It just reminds me that carrying and delivering a healthy baby is such a blessing.

Yes I wondered about a saner club for us to stay connected. I wonder if it is hard for some that are still ttc to hear about pregnancy stuff. I would be up for either. I still want to keep up with the ttc ladies..so it is up to the group.

This is my favorite group to check in with. :-)
My due date club is good but large...I'm sure I will get to know them too...but I really love the feel of this group. Can't explain it. I tried telling hubby and he can't imagine building friendships over the web with people he has never met. I tried explaining, but then I gave up. Women are just different creatures...men are from Mars.
#654 of 677 Old 11-23-2013, 02:16 PM

Primal and Wengrin - I totally agree with the combined group idea smile.gif I think it would be great... Likewise on the bonding... I wake up and check this first thing, ok that sounds silly lol... I have another motivation for a new thread too - fresh beginnings and a positive step forward... All of us moving onto healthy 9 month pregnancies and bfp's together... There's a lot of combined experience on this thread, and a fresh start with the same warm group sounds amazing.
Also hugs to the nauseous ladies having to prepare a feast wink1.gif I would so have to tell the ladies at least - so they would understand my less than normal dedication to the job...
Mares - we miss you, are you coping ok?
Oxford - have you literally started the stuns or are you waiting AF still?
Afm - am attempting to make my first almond milk, and bio activated nuts... Biding my time till dh gets back... Hoping he won't be delayed as there is a cyclone expected there (cat 1 only) tonight thru Monday morning - he's meant to fly out midday Monday... Used and opk yesterday - extremely faint line so will test again but hopefully it's days off. I have to say its been ages since I had a second line lol - it's very satisfying smile.gif

#655 of 677 Old 11-23-2013, 02:17 PM

Oh and I threw out my digital hpt as I had used both tests... Only weeks later to find another insert - sigh it's a talent wink1.gif

#656 of 677 Old 11-23-2013, 03:33 PM

Chuord -- Hpt inserts? I'm not sure I know what these are... The tests I'm familiar with (and I've peed on a lot of them!) are all the disposable type, either a cartridge or a dip-strip.

Good thoughts from you both, Chuord and Wengrin re: combined thread.

And, yes, I do want to encourage anyone who *isn't* comfortable with this to speak out, as I've been there and don't want to make anyone feel unhappy or that they have to leave the group because there are so many people here who aren't in the trying phase. I'm a believer in the decision going in the most respectful and sensitive direction, particularly in an area that is so personal and difficult for so many people. 

Another option, if folks aren't entirely good with a "saner sisterhood" thread is to have a saner pregnancy thread in that area along with this one for those who want to bounce back and forth.

And here's a question -- what does a saner pregnancy mean to you? We've agreed here that, when we say saner ttc, we mean an effort not to spend too much energy symptom spotting or early testing, and to have a holistic outlook (the whole person and whole life, not just reproduction). I think that's totally translatable to pregnancy, but if we make such a thread, it would be good to have some general information on the thread opener so people know what to expect and whether the group is for them.

P.S. I know I'm not the most active member of this thread, and I hope I'm not sounding bossy. Someone brought this up in a PM with me recently, and since I was online, thought I'd initiate the discussion. Not trying to be the President of Saner or anything over here. :-)

#657 of 677 Old 11-23-2013, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

There's A Peaceful Pregnancy in the I'm Pregnant forum that's a spin-off from the Sane 2WW thread, which also the source of this thread. The previous round of participation seems to be moving on, so it's a good time to jump in, or else a good time to start a new one.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#658 of 677 Old 11-24-2013, 08:45 AM

Hi,

I'm really happy to all stay together on this three or a new one, don't mind. I love staying in touch with our pregnant friends and continuing our journey al together and let's face it, in this life we all news as much support as possible whether trying to conceive or getting through pregnancy in a same way. My preference would be to all stick together and the. As we each fall pregnant (soon hopefully) we have a mixed time support group as we all continue in through the 9 month wait. That would be my preference but I understand if the pregnant ones want to break away and not hear the TTC talk any longer.

Over here AF has landed and I'm cd 2. It's nice to get started on a new month. I began my metformin 3 days ago. A few side affects, nausea and stomach ache but overall, ok. We've decided to take metformin this month and start clomid and follicle tracking next month. DH was keen that u break my body into all these drugs rather than hit it all in one go. Also we were concerned that we would waste a month of clomid if my hormones had not had chance to settle on the metformin. Hopefully all these drugs will be the help my body needs :-)

Lots if bd ahead this month ;-)

How's everyone else in their cycle?

Graduates- how are the symptoms going? ;-)
#659 of 677 Old 11-24-2013, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm over here on cycle day 20 thinking bout 5-7 dpo since I had that ewcm
#660 of 677 Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 PM

Oxford - your dh is so sweet to be thinking of making it as gentle for you as possible smile.gif I love that!
Yay for the new beginnings with the cycle... Dh cyclone seems to have watered down even more over night so he should have no trouble getting home today - yay for that! Lol he said why do you need me at home so I reminded him yet again re o... Oh right he said... Honestly it's just not his main focus - but then I guess he's worrying about earning bread to keep us afloat wink1.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page