The Saner TTC-Thunder Moon - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 677 Old 11-24-2013, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Ocelotmom -- I did not know that! I will probably at least lurk over there.

Oxford -- Your DH sounds wise. A month of metformin before the Clomid seems wise. Are you monitoring glucose levels while you get adjusted to the metformin? I'm so excited for you!

Chuord -- my DH is the same way. When I was bemoaning us coming up on a year of TTC without a sticky pregnancy, he said, "Well, we haven't *really* been trying." Men have no idea sometimes.

Re: thread talk, the TTC talk doesn't bother me in the slightest. I've been talking with some of you for so long; I really want to know the rest of your journey. I'm also definitely not ready to join a DDC (if I will at all; I get overwhelmed by that many people). I am optimistic about this pregnancy, but still very guarded.

AFM, I had to pick up balloons at the $ store, so I grabbed some preg tests. I took one this afternoon, still a good positive. I'm tired, kind of grumpy, but otherwise okay. I take medications for chronic insomnia and am trying to taper off. It quite frankly sucks. My sleep pattern is very distupted right now. I stayed on them during my pregnancy with DD, but my work situation is more flexible, so I feel that my life situation can withstand a little more lost sleep. I'm 1/3 cut down on one med and 1/2 on the other. I hope to be med-free (well, I'll take Benedryl to help with sleep, but that' widely considered kosher) within a few weeks. Wish me luck with the adjusting. I've been on these for years, and my brain doesn't like this at all.

I did decide to find an OB/GYN this time around, because of the meds and the possibility that I might need medication later on. I love my midwives, but I've often felt like a defective model because I'm not coming to them in perfect health. I really wrestled with thr choice, but I'm pretty sure this is what I want. Who knows, though. I might have my first doctor's appt and immediately run in the other direction. My midwives do have me spoiled in some ways.

How's everyone else doing?

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 677 Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lol Chuord about tossing out the test only to find the insert later. That is totally me!! Glad hubby can get back ok! I know my hubby doesn't have the same mindset that I do...things on his radar are different than what I am contemplating. I bet it was exciting seeing that second line! I know it was for me....it is nice knowing that your body is up to something. smile.gif

Oxford I also think it is very sweet that DH is careful with your body. Very kind of him...that's great you have him for support. TTC can be so taxing on a couple so it is great that you are able to lean on him. I think the metformin first is a really good choice. Like you said, give it time for your hormones to settle. I know I would want to save the Clomid for when it is most effective. Sounds like a good plan. Have fun BDing this month!

I agree that a new fresh thread would be great. I also feel that the support is beneficial no matter where we all are in our journeys. But I do see that the original group has dwindled down, so a new fresh thread might be great. Also the full moon cycle recently has ended (I believe) we had several in a row and ended with the big moon...what was it I can't remember. But the next day I saw a post from a holistic spiritual lady who is an OB/GYN here in Florida, commenting that the recent moon cycle has brought new, fresh beginnings and that many old things/relationships have come to an end. So I think this would be a great time to start a fresh thread.

I was thinking about the moms in our little playgroup here for my DS...there are 7 or so that are pregnant, at different stages. Some had IVF, some have had luck just letting it happen, and then a few are still trying but haven't conceived yet. Of course there are a handful who are not going to have any more kids...and there is a grandmother in the group who takes care of her daughter's boys. Anyway my point was that we are all in different seasons of our lives but still support and encourage each other. So I am all for keeping the TTC'ers and those that are expecting on the same thread. If that works for everyone else.

Primal how was DS's birthday party? Hope the parents didn't camp out. That sounded like a nice party for an 11 yo. Especially having just the "big kids". I know my DD enjoys stuff like that.

Hubby has had the idea recently that getting a dog would be helpful for a transition with a new baby. My DD has always begged for a pet but I am allergic and she is sooo not responsible enough for taking care of a pet herself. I can't even get her to brush her hair. But hubby has had this idea and I recently reached out to a friend who is my hairstylist. She has a Bichon Frise and I remember that they are good about not shedding or causing allergic reactions for people. So I asked her if she planned to breed her dog again and she said no, but they are trying to re-home their dog. She is 7 and they have no problems with her except they have 2 small girls and her hubby works nights so she said she just doesn't have the time for her and she would like for her dog to go to someone who can spend more time at home. Anyway we went over to her house today to see her, and the dog is so sweet, but she is almost blind and has cataracts. Bless her heart. I just have reservations about taking on a commitment like that. Hubby has always had outside dogs. I don't think he understands what is involved. Also she hasn't been spayed, they keep her inside...but I would want to have that done. Plus shots and grooming. I am having second thoughts. I would not want to take her, and then have hubby decide he didn't know what he was getting into. Here we are about to have a 5th child and then also take on an older pet with health problems. I love animals...I just know that having a dog or any pet is a commitment for their lifetime. So I am torn. My gut tells me know. But DH has gotten the kids all excited. So it is tough. He will do anything to make the kids happy, but I am more practical. I don't know....

We did have a relaxing weekend. DH did some cleaning and folding clothes which has helped.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!
#663 of 677 Old 11-24-2013, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well I was typing my novel and just saw your post, Primal. I was on meds for anxiety that I had to wean off of when I was pregnant with DS. (They told me I could stay on but I figured it was best to try to get through it). I know what you mean...the sudden change (even though it is a taper) is sooo rough when you're also dealing with the surging hormones of a pregnancy. Good luck to you- and hope you like your doctor. I am fortunate to have an OB that I love, who is very relaxed and open, and flexible. Not someone who pushes his opinion around. I hope that you have a good experience.

I have found that pregnancy throws me off...hormonally and mentally. Especially in the beginning. It gets better for me after the 1st trimester.
#664 of 677 Old 11-25-2013, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Primal - sorry I missed your earlier post about not being bossy with the thread - I actually think it's fantastic that you've been very gently organizing us wink1.gif I think we've almost heard from most people? Would you be happy to do the honours and start the thread up? I think your idea if the blurb explaining the thread is great... I too understand you and Wengrin on the weaning, coming off my migraine tablets (12 months ago now) I got headaches through the tapering process... But we are strong women and one day our children will be old enough to know how much we wanted them wink1.gif
On that note my mum shared with me part of her story... I already knew it took 4 yrs for me, and they were on an adoption list... Four years late mum had a lap and after her next period (1 week later) she was having a check up before they operated to try and create a funnel at the end of her Fallopian tube to catch any eggs - hers were partially detached from the ovaries. She went for the appointment but was late, she said she was sure she wasn't pg, they postponed for a week and then since nothing still, he tested her and that's how my brother arrived wink1.gif. I didn't even know they did laps back then... A lot of her stories I have a vague understanding of, but to get the detail shared was quite nice.
Oxford - stay strong I have a great feeling about these new protocols for you.
Wengrin - how are those new maternity pants doing? Hmm re the dog, i think they are a bit mean to give away a dog that is part of their family... theyre like an extra child really... sorry im not being judgemental, just if it was me and i had to do that, i'd pay for the cataract surgery first and be passing on as healthy a dog as I could... I also feel your apprehension - with pregnancy a lot of allergy meds are off the table so it gets tricky for you... What about a guinea pig or a hampster? Easier for the kids to look after? Lol I'm probably a crazy pet person, my boy that died (cat) is in a selangor pewter urn in my lounge... Next to dh cats urn - lol we're obviously a good match! I hope you find a solution that works for you smile.gif
Also I forget who asked - I was calling the cassette the Insert...
Mama blue - how's life?

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#665 of 677 Old 11-25-2013, 06:09 AM

Test is getting darker! Yay!

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#666 of 677 Old 11-25-2013, 06:29 AM

Okay, new thread is up: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1393463/the-saner-ttc-and-graduates-the-beaver-moon

Let me know what you think, or if adjustments are needed.

See everyone over there!

#667 of 677 Old 11-25-2013, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
That is a wonderful test primal.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#668 of 677 Old 11-25-2013, 07:37 AM

Thank you, Chrissy! It's so early, but I feel so optimistic so far.

#669 of 677 Old 11-25-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wengrin View Post

Lol Chuord about tossing out the test only to find the insert later. That is totally me!! Glad hubby can get back ok! I know my hubby doesn't have the same mindset that I do...things on his radar are different than what I am contemplating. I bet it was exciting seeing that second line! I know it was for me....it is nice knowing that your body is up to something. smile.gif

Oxford I also think it is very sweet that DH is careful with your body. Very kind of him...that's great you have him for support. TTC can be so taxing on a couple so it is great that you are able to lean on him. I think the metformin first is a really good choice. Like you said, give it time for your hormones to settle. I know I would want to save the Clomid for when it is most effective. Sounds like a good plan. Have fun BDing this month!

I agree that a new fresh thread would be great. I also feel that the support is beneficial no matter where we all are in our journeys. But I do see that the original group has dwindled down, so a new fresh thread might be great. Also the full moon cycle recently has ended (I believe) we had several in a row and ended with the big moon...what was it I can't remember. But the next day I saw a post from a holistic spiritual lady who is an OB/GYN here in Florida, commenting that the recent moon cycle has brought new, fresh beginnings and that many old things/relationships have come to an end. So I think this would be a great time to start a fresh thread.

I was thinking about the moms in our little playgroup here for my DS...there are 7 or so that are pregnant, at different stages. Some had IVF, some have had luck just letting it happen, and then a few are still trying but haven't conceived yet. Of course there are a handful who are not going to have any more kids...and there is a grandmother in the group who takes care of her daughter's boys. Anyway my point was that we are all in different seasons of our lives but still support and encourage each other. So I am all for keeping the TTC'ers and those that are expecting on the same thread. If that works for everyone else.

Primal how was DS's birthday party? Hope the parents didn't camp out. That sounded like a nice party for an 11 yo. Especially having just the "big kids". I know my DD enjoys stuff like that.

Hubby has had the idea recently that getting a dog would be helpful for a transition with a new baby. My DD has always begged for a pet but I am allergic and she is sooo not responsible enough for taking care of a pet herself. I can't even get her to brush her hair. But hubby has had this idea and I recently reached out to a friend who is my hairstylist. She has a Bichon Frise and I remember that they are good about not shedding or causing allergic reactions for people. So I asked her if she planned to breed her dog again and she said no, but they are trying to re-home their dog. She is 7 and they have no problems with her except they have 2 small girls and her hubby works nights so she said she just doesn't have the time for her and she would like for her dog to go to someone who can spend more time at home. Anyway we went over to her house today to see her, and the dog is so sweet, but she is almost blind and has cataracts. Bless her heart. I just have reservations about taking on a commitment like that. Hubby has always had outside dogs. I don't think he understands what is involved. Also she hasn't been spayed, they keep her inside...but I would want to have that done. Plus shots and grooming. I am having second thoughts. I would not want to take her, and then have hubby decide he didn't know what he was getting into. Here we are about to have a 5th child and then also take on an older pet with health problems. I love animals...I just know that having a dog or any pet is a commitment for their lifetime. So I am torn. My gut tells me know. But DH has gotten the kids all excited. So it is tough. He will do anything to make the kids happy, but I am more practical. I don't know....

We did have a relaxing weekend. DH did some cleaning and folding clothes which has helped.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

Replying to this before I go over to the new thread...

Everything you said about your mixed group of moms is really what is in my heart about all of this. I don't want to segregate the pregnant ones from the TTC ones from those with older kids, or those waiting to be ready. I think we can all learn from each other, so long as we remember to listen to everyone's voice regardless of where they are, and as long as we remember how important their part of this journey is.

Re: the doggy. I agree with what Chuord said on this one -- I'm sad that they're giving away a dog that's been with the family for so long. It's so traumatic for these dogs to be rehomed. A dog looks at the family as their pack, and they don't change packs well. I would personally wait and get adjusted with the new babe before deciding about a pet, but of course you have to decide what is the right choice for your family. We got a puppy after I miscarried this last time, and we named him Samson, which had been one of our boy names we'd picked for the baby. I don't know if that's weird, but it worked for us, and it gave me something physical to cuddle and care for when I needed it. And the kids ended up with a dog. Sam's a good boy; we got him from the local shelter. I would not call him hypoallergenic, though! We don't have a fenced yard, so we do walk him several times a day. The boys do a lot of this when they are with us. My only advice to you is to take your time choosing your pet, and go into it knowing that this is a family member for the rest of his life.

See you all on the new thread!

#670 of 677 Old 12-16-2013, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Background story: I have extremely irregular periods. Always have. I will go 8+ moths without a period and AF will finally show up for a couple days then the same cycle happens. I will have a normal cycle with birth control of course. So I have been off birth control for 10months. We have been trying. Months go by and still AF or BFP. Nov. we went to a fertility doctor. He put me on Provera to start AF and Clomid to O. Nov. 18th- AF. Dec. 2nd- O. I took a HPT 7DPO and got a BFN.

So that leads up to today. I'm 14DPO. I tested this morning and still got a BFN. I called the doctor like I was suppose to after my 2WW and his nurse said that he wanted to do a blood test just to make sure since it is the most accurate and depending on the results either schedule a pregnancy app or start Provera and Clomid round 2. What are the chances that I could get my BFP on the blood test? I feel like we did everything right. The doctor said our only problem was that I wasn't ovulating. I understand it could be positive if my levels weren't high enough before. I've just been really upset all day because I really thought my BFP was today. Opinions please?

Thank you,
Katrice.
#671 of 677 Old 12-16-2013, 11:37 PM

Ladies thanks for your thoughts they meant the world... I'll update properly tomorrow sometime, I'm in shock and my parents arrive from interstate in an hour.
Everything looks sort of normal, but I'm too old to mess around. Clomid starting tomorrow, that dye test hopefully next week and if no success this month ivf next... Hopefully everyone will see this here... Will do more tomorrow I think

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
#672 of 677 Old 12-17-2013, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Great news chuord! I'm so relieved that everything is normal for you! That's great. Did they do an ultrasound? Mamablue and I have had the dye test. I won't lie, it hurts, but is bearable. Make sure you take painkillers an hour before and relax your body as much as possible. How are you feeling about straight into clomid and IVF? It's a lot to take in! If I'm not pregnant, which I don't think I am, I will start clomid this weekend, so we can do it together. Are you having follicle tracking too?
Great progress missie, you are on the fast track to that BFP!!
#673 of 677 Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 AM

Thanks Oxford - you are awesome! I'll read through the protocols and let you know tomorrow... Lol there was so much I've lost track... Yes to ultrasound and pelvic exam... Dh is having the full spectrum too...

36***40
#674 of 677 Old 12-17-2013, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hee hee! To tests for DH!! It's about time they shared our pain, even just a tiny embarrassing bit ;-)

Which reminds me, I must prod My DH to go have his second SA. I think he has conveniently forgotten. Men!!

Are you enjoying having your parents over chuord? That sounds nice family time. Are they there until Christmas? Didn't you say your mum is British??
#675 of 677 Old 01-06-2014, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

So sad that this thread is over and gone.  Now that I am officially no longer waiting-to-try, I wish there was still a small-ish thread I could join where women are TTC with a Zen approach.  mecry.gif

Any hope of a new Saner TTC thread being started?  One where new ladies hoping to maintain their Zen can be with others in the same place (not preggo yet, but trying to be okay with it)?:innocent

#676 of 677 Old 01-06-2014, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#677 of 677 Old 01-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Msbe and rinap - do come and join us we'd love your company... It's a very supportive group xx

36***40

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page