Mothering Forum banner

The Saner TTC-Thunder Moon

29K views 676 replies 32 participants last post by  chuord 
#1 ·
Hello all and welcome!

The original "Sane 2ww" thread was started by zenquaker. This is a continuation of the "Sane 2ww" thread and we felt "A Saner TTC" was a natural evolution.

Here's the gist of the original thread: this is a space to re-conceive the 2ww as a time of waiting and contemplation. Although we don't judge those who wish to poas frequently, symptom-spot, or do chart analysis, this a space set apart from that activity. We share our thoughts about other ways to approach the 2ww and all parts of our cycles. We encourage each other to feel our feelings fully and to greet all possible outcomes with openness.

We hope you'll join us.

Hey all! Welcome to the new thread and welcome to any newcomers that I may have missed in my absence
wave.gif

Taking a month off from all things TTC was brilliant for my sanity!

I don't recall if we had any BFP's last month so chime in & fill me in!

I'm on vacation right now in Portland, OR and I'm not looking at the calendar at all in regard to my cycle so I don't even know where I'm at
lol.gif
Guessing it's not gonna happen this month, but I'm ok with that. DP & are having challenges, again, some more so who knows what's gonna happen at this point... But I'm here & still rootin for ya'll
love.gif

See less See more
Reactions: kier2
#52 ·
Mama blue - it seems that you never get a normal simple solution... The cath moving sounds annoying, maybe though the pressure was too much for your tubes and better the cath give way right? I have a good feeling about them being cleaned out, and I think you rice bit suspicions sound right on. Fx that it works!
Presschotchels - thanks so much for all the effort you've put into starting the threads!

#53 ·
Just reading through all your posts makes me feel so much less alone in this ttc rollercoaster. You are all such strong women!
AFM: AF finally showed her ugly face 5 days late so out I'm out again this month. Going to give it a go next month but timing just isn't great with DH being away with the millitary but one can hope!
Hope you are all doing well and keeping super positive, those elusive BFPs can't be too far away
smile.gif

#54 ·
Hi ladies sorry for bombarding the forum with my comments but just found out DH has been exposed to equipment in Afghanistan in 2008 and again in 2010 on a everyday basis thayt may cause cancer but also distrubs production of healty sperm. i want to craty right now but will stay strong until I have answers...but my goodness this wait just to get him tested is testing my patience really bad!!!!!!

#55 ·
Hugs and patience to you hoping! That's hard to wait on xx

#56 ·
Morning all!

Mamablue- what a shame that your test was so awkward. Great news that the dye leaked out though, if it pushed all the way through in smaller quantities, that sounds like very positive sign. Lets hope you get the benefit of clearing out those tubes and a nice BFP for your trouble! What CD are you on now? I am cheering you on this month, it's a bout time we had another BFP to celebrate :)

Prescott- thanks for your thread starting :) sorry to hear about you and DP. I hope there is a new engaging partner for you just around the corner and he brings you joy and happiness.

Wengrin- welcome to our gang! I hope tour stay here is short to your BFP! But hang out with us in the meantime. This journey can make you crazy. I'm English, so a big fan of your Beatles number!! I think we all might need some 'let it be' this month!

#57 ·
Sorry my phone posted before I'd finished the personals...

Hoping- that sounds like a worrying time for you and DH. Hope you get your test results back soon and they are all fine. In the meantime pamper yourself through AF and indulge in your favourite tipple :)

Chuord- how are you doing? Are you still stepping off the roller Coaster and not actively trying?

CD3 for me. AF dealt me a bad round and I have had very severe cramps, much worse than normal. I hope it is my body having a good clear out ahead of a baby next month!! ;-)

Have a great day!

#60 ·
Prescott- I hope this turns into wonderful change of events for you, although I am sure its not without its trials. Like someday maybe you will look back and it will all make perfect sense.

Oxford. I dont know what happened but ever since I had DD my periods have gotten gradually more painful and heavy to the point that I was bleeding through heavy flow products and taking tramadol for the first one or two days for the pain. The mood swings were also terrible starting at like 7 DPO instead of the day before my period. I am hoping the BCP did some sort of reset to my system, and the vitex prevents it all from coming back like that.

#62 ·
Thanks Oxford!

Hoping- so sorry...hope your hubby will be fine and no damage to his important parts. Fx'd that his tests show nothing harmful. Thank him (and you) for the sacrifices made for freedom! So many people have suffered.....I pray that the stuff he was exposed to causes no harm. Hugs!!

#63 ·
Thank you Wengrin he just left this norning to go away again so I need to catch him here in Australia so he can get tested. I know I'm lucky to have 2 beautiful kids but really wanted bub number 3, both of the others were born before those Afghanistan deployments though. There are a few people stepping forward now saying that these things (sorry not very technical
smile.gif
) may be linked to different cancers and so on and as he is infantry he carried one on a daily basis. I just hope and pray all will be fine.
On a lighter note I hope everyone is having luck with their BFPs and really hope this is all of our months!!!!! I am CD 3 but really need to ovulate early or late so DH is here to catch it
smile.gif
So is it really better to temp or use OPKs or both...sorry I'm fairly new to this
wink1.gif

#64 ·
Oh and I always had horrendous af but after kids they eventually settled, I hope this happens for you guys too. Always felt like such a freak buying sanitary products that resembled surfboards, lol and even then I had to change so frequently I spent most of my life in the bathroom
smile.gif

#65 ·
Oxford - that is so funny, I've always thought of those heavy painful periods as a good spring clean too
wink1.gif
here's hoping we are right! Btw if everyone agrees I think you should be the new thread lady... You are always here to say wonderful supportive things to everyone, and I think you'd be great (it's not a huge amount of work, so shouldn't be a pain) what do you think?
Mountain - hugs on your AF issues, how long have you been taking vitex? I'm on day 4 do not long yet... Apparently it can take 3 weeks to 3 months depending on the cycle before everything is regulated.
Hoping where in Aus are you? We have such an international thread going - I'm in Brisbane, Aus. Ladies for the record remind us where you're from
smile.gif

Wengrin - welcome and wishing you a short stay!
Mamablue - how was the aftermath, much pain? I'm hoping you are on track - I feel like it's time for us long timers to get our bfp's and proceed on the journey! It's now been nine months and eight cycles for me...
Fx for all you ladies, lets break the thread by all going bfp this month (well next moon really lol)
Afm - Oxford I am back on the ttc train this month, have started vitex, am feeding dh anything that is zinc rich, and maybe adding the odd drop to things (zinc lol) fx this month he works!

#68 ·
Morning!

Hi chuord, nice to hear you are back with us. I think it is definitely your turn for the BFP this month! I hope your month off will help your body relax and be ready. I'm not sure I can start threads as I write from my phone and I'm travelling for 4 weeks from next week so I may not be here at the right time. I suggest whoever is online around the turn over date starts a new thread and posts on here that there is a new one.

Vitex- Is that to make your cycle more regular?

Last working week before holiday for me!! Yay!!

#69 ·
Hoping - lol what are the odds, Brisbane!
Mountain - fx it makes a difference for you this AF! Oxford, it's been proven to help balance the hormone levels - so it will do different stuff for different people depending on the issue, I figured it can't hurt right, lol just in case.
I totally get it re the thread...

#70 ·
Skimming through the threads I'm seeing quite a bit of early testing and lots of "hand wringing" over all this TTC business and well ladies, that's just not sane!!

I'd like to propose a 2-part challenge to each of you. If we're going to keep calling this thread the SANER TTC Thread then we need to hold ourselves more accountable to creating that in our own lives & supporting that commitment in each other.

So the first part of the challenge is to put off testing until the day before AF is due. None of the ladies that have graduated from this thread found out any sooner.

Part 2 of the challenge is to talk more here about what you're doing in your own life to keep sane. We need to do more to refill our cups so the stress of TTC doesn't negatively effect what we're trying to accomplish, and think less about TTC. I'd love to see you ask others what they've been doing to keep sane too. It helps remind us of what we need to be doing plus you sharing what you do will inspire others.

The law of attraction tells us that which we think most about is what we manifest in our lives so if all we're thinking about is how hard it is to conceive a baby that's what we'll get more of-difficulty TTC.
So my sanity is being saved by this new business I'm pouring myself into as I said before.
What are you doing? GO!

#71 ·
prescott - well, that's right in line with the post I've been writing and not posting for the past week!

I didn't take a pregnancy test at all this past cycle. That's one reason I'm continuing to chart - helps keep me realistic.

I'm debating what to do with this whole TTC thing. I feel like my life has been on hold since we decided we wanted another. I haven't done much in the way of active job searching because I don't want to switch jobs and then immediately get pregnant (I like my current job, but it has little potential for growth and the benefits are awful). I'm putting a lot of attention on hypothetical baby that I should be putting on the wonderful kids I already have. My diet is even worse because of the TTC (this one has a lot of loopy semi-logic that I'm not even going to try to explain).

At the same time, the whole family wants another, the focus on BD is improving me and DH's relationship (and I kind of need that motivation), and the fact that we've been actively trying for nine months now without success leads me to not want to stop trying, as I don't suspect waiting is going to improve that situation (whatever it is) any.

Probably I need to switch jobs and/or plan a move. All my other kids have involved awkward circumstances. Maybe that's what it takes.

So... I think we'll keep trying. I'm going to keep charting for at least a few more months because I think it helps keep my obsession in line, and I'm kind of having fun with it. I know enough about my body that not charting is only going to add ambiguity, and that's fuel for obsession. But this is the only TTC thread I'm going to let myself be involved in, I'm not going to OPK (haven't found them useful), and not going to test until a sane time.

#72 ·
Great reminder, Prescott. Let's make August the sane-est cycle this board has ever seen. I promise to stay sane this cycle. I will not test until 13dpo. I will roll with the punches and I will enjoy my August. I think a few of you ladies are early in your cycles, yes? May your O's be easy to detect and may your TWW's be full of relaxing distractions.

Today was my follie check. Nothing on the right side, but ol' lefty grew us a 19, 22 and a 15. Trigger tonight and IUI on Wednesday morning. I'm going to celebrate my obedient ovary by baking chocolate chip cookies followed by some BDing with the hubster. Come on lefty, you can do it!

#73 ·
I am not testing till I am late. I have too much stuff to do to worry about that. For example. My BIL is getting married on thurs. I LOVE weddings and so does DH and DD. We are gonna dance the night away! Then on the weekend I am running a 10K AT NIGHT. So much fun stuff coming up, and if AF comes along for the ride then that is ok too. (Although I would rather she show after the 10K)

#74 ·
See Prescottchels - we really can't manage without you lol! My sanity is to keep focussing (goal since returning from Darwin) on only putting healthy food in my mouth, I'm not restricting quantity just quality in an attempt to revitalize and lose some kg. I'm keeping a loose eye on ff without temping - I know within a few days when I should o and for dh I'm trying to keep it low stress
wink1.gif
I figure my brain is focussing on the diet and exercise (spring cleaning lol) and the rest can just slip into place. Btw my body is rapidly changing its opinion on food - yesterday I had a single arnotts shape biscuit - the tongue went - eew sugary fake flavoring and doughy nutrition less base... A little scary, as I used to think them an ok snack

#75 ·
Prescottchels: great reminder and very true....what we focus our energy on expands.

Thanks chuord!! I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Seems like good company.

MountainMama: 10K!? That is awesome!! You must be in great shape. That is one thing I would like to fine tune before getting preggers again. My DS is 2 (today actually!) and my body is just beginning to look like PP. I still have significant Diastasis Recti so the "mummy tummy" bulge is there...but I would like to use this TTC time to focus on exercise. Thanks for inspiring me to refocus!

MamaBlue: I am 11dpo and AF is due in 4 days. I vow not to test until Thursday or Friday. Enjoy your choc chip cookies and BDing! And fx'd your obedient ovary pulls it off this cycle!

I am still nursing toddler at night and after nap, so that has held me back just a bit, I believe. I've had 3 PPAF's so far...and have been on Maca root for a couple months, also Vitex for about 3 weeks.

My DS's 2 yr birthday party is Saturday, so that is a fun distraction. We are having a pool party....since he doesn't have a ton of buddies yet it will mostly be family, friends, some little ones from our playgroup, and my 8 yr old DD's friends. So it should be a fun weekend for the kids. We are a blended/remarried family so I have 2 step-children (11 and 15). Never a dull moment. I wonder if I could even be considered "sane" wanting to add another baby to the mix! But we love children...I think one more would complete the family. We would like our 2 yr old to have a sibling somewhat close to his age.

We live in the US- Florida, so these are literally the hottest, steamiest days of summer. Have to stay wet! :)

#76 ·
Mama blue- how was the IUI? Hope it all went smoothly? Fingers, and everything else crossed for you this month. I think the chocolate chip cookies may just swing it!

Wengrin- pool party sounds great. I have a 15 year old step daughter too. It's a challenge step parenting a teenager. Do you get on well? Is he/she coping with the hormone flood?

Hoping- your question about temping or Opk... I started off just temping and I normally have a very clear thermal shift to spot o. This seems to be pretty reliable, although not until after the event! After a few months I tried Opk. I find it a bit fiddly and awkward to tell the darkness of the line. For a couple of month it has confirmed what I knew, when O was approaching. Now I know my body better I can feel O coming- largely because of libido and wanting to drag my husband to the bedroom!! So this month I'm not using anything except a holiday/vacation! I would recommend that you temp to get to know your body and what your signs feel like, throw in a bit of Opk if you fancy experimenting. Then throw it in and use your instinct. Most of all, have lots of BD around the right time and then it doesn't really matter if you can pinpoint the day as you are covered. I have been thinking lately that all the temps, Opk and testing is really about our curiosity (I totally include myself in this)!! I'm trying to focus more on BD regularly- that is what makes babies not measuring and tracking. I went through a temp obsessive phase that if I could get my chart right, then I would be pregnant!! After two months of a triphasic chart and still no baby, I'm going to try shifting tactics. I will let you know how it goes. My mornings are feeling a little empty without a thermometer to wake up to!!

Baby dust to all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.