The Saner TTC-Thunder Moon - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 677 Old 07-22-2013, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hello all and welcome!

The original "Sane 2ww" thread was started by zenquaker. This is a continuation of the "Sane 2ww" thread and we felt "A Saner TTC" was a natural evolution. 

Here's the gist of the original thread: this is a space to re-conceive the 2ww as a time of waiting and contemplation. Although we don't judge those who wish to poas frequently, symptom-spot, or do chart analysis, this a space set apart from that activity. We share our thoughts about other ways to approach the 2ww and all parts of our cycles. We encourage each other to feel our feelings fully and to greet all possible outcomes with openness.

We hope you'll join us.

Hey all! Welcome to the new thread and welcome to any newcomers that I may have missed in my absence wave.gif

Taking a month off from all things TTC was brilliant for my sanity! 

I don't recall if we had any BFP's last month so chime in & fill me in!

I'm on vacation right now in Portland, OR and I'm not looking at the calendar at all in regard to my cycle so I don't even know where I'm at lol.gif Guessing it's not gonna happen this month, but I'm ok with that. DP & are having challenges, again, some more so who knows what's gonna happen at this point... But I'm here & still rootin for ya'll love.gif

kier2 likes this.

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 677 Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
12dpIUI. Cramping, spotting and BFN on a FRER. I'm taking this one pretty hard. I guess I will be moving on to the next cycle in a day or two. greensad.gif

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#3 of 677 Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Aw. MamaBlue, hugs. That is pretty disappointing.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#4 of 677 Old 07-22-2013, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread Prescott - hope your trip is oodles of fun!

Mamablue - hugs mama, how many iui's has it taken for you previous children before you get pg? I really wish it was easier this time for you xxx

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#5 of 677 Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh man. I’m sorry guys, the house went through and we’re packing/juggling kitty/catching up at work. 

peppered—Congratulations!!!!!!

Winter—fx for you!

MamaBlue—hugs, friend. wish it had happened!

I need to try maca...

Mountain Mama—Welcome! thanks for coming and sharing! Hoping for a healthy pregnancy!

oxford—that’s a relief that all looks good! fx for this time! awesome that your husband’s results came back good!

ocelotmom—have you ever made kombucha? 

chuord—“love child” is where it’s at—what’s a sweeter way?

primal—so sorry. fx that af doesn’t come

Naturally Mo—fx for you!

marquess— I get the dog person thing. trust me. the second night we had the kitty, I taught it to play fetch. http://instagram.com/p/cCCnX0OKkg/

They said it was a boy, so we named it Winston. Turns out it was a girl, so came the name, Winnie. sweetie. Bit of a spaz, but she’s sweet. I’m secretly hoping that I’m pregnant despite the bfn and heavy af I had a couple weeks ago. It would be so much easier if we didn’t have to calculate it. I often wonder how in the world women a century ago got pregnant. 

I think my hormones are whacky. I've been really hungry, I've had really strange stomach pains—I think maybe some of my allergies are coming back. or I'm stressing too much. I'm also starting to really doubt I'll ever get pregnant. My husband has a low libido and doesn't seem comfortable doing anything about it. I'm getting tired of trying to keep track of everything and then telling him we need to bd. Really, I don't feel like trying now. I hope it happens, it's just hard on many levels here. 

On a brighter note—my sister-in-law is due any day now, and my other sister-in-law is pregnant, so I get more nephews (and maybe a niece)!! Love those little guys. Also, we closed on our house today.. but there is a LOT to do. The rest of this summer if going to be a challenge.

P.S. I might have missed an update—let me know if my comment for you was outdated!

#6 of 677 Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2013 View Post

ocelotmom and oxford how are you doing in the tww? I want to test already but 6dpo is far too early and I shall resist! Implantation wouldn't have even occured yet, so no HCG to detect in the test anyway. Planning to test on Monday when AF is due, when are you testing? Any symptoms yet? I thought my nipples were more tender than usual yesterday, but today I'm not so sure.

I read something today that gave me hope regarding my timing this cycle, it said once the sperm are inside they can take 1-12 hours to reach the egg, the fastest strongest sperm can reach the egg in 1 hour! and my egg had maybe 5 hours left of viability before it's 24 hours were up once the sperm were in, so hoping there was a strong fast swimming one!

Well, FF adjusted my ovulation date forward a day, and the other charting site I used also thinks that's the day, and I wasn't quite sure which of the two days it was anyways, so I'll just go with that. One day later means less chance I'll be testing too early, anyways. So I'm DPO6 now.

I really try not to symptom spot this early. I read a really good explanation somewhere recently that should have been obvious, but isn't. Progesterone causes pregnancy symptoms. Progesterone is high after ovulation, and then stays high if you're pregnant and drops if you're not. So... since progesterone causes pregnancy symptoms, it's normal that you might feel some during the luteal phase, regardless of whether you are or not.

I hope things worked for you this cycle! 

Faith - no, I've never made kombucha, though I've made plenty of other fermented things. We've been buying kombucha lately so I feel like that's something I should maybe start, but I don't want *another* project right now. 

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#7 of 677 Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM

Ocelot - Yay for being halfway through the TWW. I agree with you about the symptom spotting and progesterone. I'm on progesterone supps, and they enhance all those symptoms women look for. The only one I fell for was the lack of spotting as AF nears. Normally, I'd be having some serious spotting going on, but the progesterone keeps it largely nonexistent. So anyway, I hope this is your cycle. Heck, I hope it's everybody's cycle!

Faith - Sorry about the wacky hormones. I bet quite a few ladies on this thread can relate. I certainly can! But, I'm happy you are in your new home, and even though new homes are a whole lot of work, maybe it will help keep your mind busy. And about your husband, would he be willing to try herbs or maca? Even regular exercise can help. Maybe he's already doing those things.

Chourd - I think I read on another thread that you've been vacationing? Sounds awesome. To answer your question, I'd had one IUI before, and it was successful. My DD1 was a Clomid + timed intercourse baby (took 4 months of that), my DD2 was concieved after my third injectable, but first IUI cycle, which was our 10th month of IF treatment. I'd been on Clomid and had two cancelled injectable cycles prior. So this time around, I foolishly had my hopes up that maybe I'd concieve with IUI pretty quickly. Well, I didn't factor in that I'm 11 years older than I was last time I had an IUI. This may take awhile.

Thanks for your encouragement ladies. Here I sit at 13dpIUI. Yesterday's BFN brought me to tears every time I thought about it. But today is a new day, and I won't be sad about it anymore. I'm going to do my last progesterone tomorrow night at 14dpIUI and do my obligatory POAS Friday morning. I will take my BFN and move on. Maybe AF will start sooner than that, and I'll be spared these last few days of waiting. On a funny note, my DD1's cycles have almost synced up with mine and she's pretty much aligned with the full moon. Mine are a little different because of meds, but I think it's really neat.

#8 of 677 Old 07-24-2013, 02:45 AM

ocelotmom I guess you are right about symptom spotting! The only one I know for sure I get when pregnant anyway is sore boobs, I can't help analyze everything though! At 6DPO I had some light cramping so I hoped it was implantation, then at 7DPO I felt very sick in the morning for a while....but had not slept much that night so probably was due to tiredness...

mamablue fingers crossed for you to get a BFP today!

I'm 8DPO and couldn't resist testing this early again nut.gif BFN of course, I'm only using cheap tests and will save my digital for 13 DPO when AF is due on Monday. I get impatient at this point in the TWW, the first week I'm okay but then ....I need to chill, I know I don't have much of a chance this cycle anyway because of the timing.

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#9 of 677 Old 07-24-2013, 06:39 AM

Well I am 6 dpo since I was suppose to have ovulation like I say I don't really chart or anything just use my app. But me and hubby dtd and the next day for two days I had ewcm which was creamy like and so I suppose I did ovulate when my app said cuz that's when it happened. Does that happen when ur ovulating? If so since we did it the day before is there a good chance? Curious I'm having some cramping today and my bladder feels so full ugh I slept til 11:30 yesterday soooio not normal for me I had to be at work at 12 lol. My son is stating the week with his granny so I was home alone but still I never do that and u felt sick all day might have been cuz slept too long but idk need advice thanks smile.gif
#10 of 677 Old 07-24-2013, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hiya!
I write a really long reply with comprehensive personals, then my phone lost it. Grrr! Too late to do it again now, will write tomorrow.

In the meantime, a special big hug to my friend mamblue. I feel for you. Can you take some time out to treat yourself? Hang in there.

It's 7dpi here and absolutely nothing to report! Everything is just fine. Hope my cycle buddies are doing well

Night all!

Ps in the baby theme, we have a new Prince George :-)
#11 of 677 Old 07-25-2013, 07:37 AM

9DPO today and resisted the urge to pee on a stick! So I don't have to face the disappointment of  BFN when it might still be too early to be a true result! Wonder if I can resist testing tomorrow too.... pretty proud of myself for not testing today!

Have my cycle buddies started testing yet?

I felt unusually tired yesterday, fell asleep twice during the day! And went to bed at 7.30pm! Hoping that's a sign, though I do get days when I'm very tired but not AS tired as yesterday...generally anyway, hmm.

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#12 of 677 Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Winter - I'd actually totally forgotten that I'm getting to the point where testing could be considered halfway reasonable. I'll try to ignore it for a while longer :)

#13 of 677 Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 PM

Hello cycle buddies! 9dpo here too. I'm not testing as I find the sight of a bright white stick worse than the waiting!! I quite like to blindly hope. Today my chart has shot up to 37.3 Celsius, so it looks like it will go Triphasic. I would be very excited about it, but the same thing happened lady month and I wasn't pregnant, so I'm not buying a cot just yet!!

Mamablue, how are you doing? Hope the witch is staying away?

Chord- what's happening? Are you still TTC or taking time off for it to happen?

Baby dust to all!
#14 of 677 Old 07-26-2013, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Hi Oxford - keep up the zen lady! All ok here, mama blue is right I'm back up in Darwin, no shot ttc this month so totally chilling and just enjoying dh
Hugs all xxx

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#15 of 677 Old 07-26-2013, 08:12 AM

I'm sensing a pattern here. Most of the month, my alarm goes off, I wake up, take my temp, and I go back to sleep.

Around this time of month, I wake up about an hour and 20 minutes before my alarm and lie around wondering whether I'll get a more valid temp if I take it early, or if I lie around awake but not doing anything until the alarm goes off. (Today it was a .1 difference between the two numbers, so I don't think it realistically matters)

So I think it's hormones messing with my sleep. 

I feel like my temps are more stably high than last month, but I'm not really assigning any meaning to it, because the overall temperature pattern has been so different this month.

#16 of 677 Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotmom View Post

I'm sensing a pattern here. Most of the month, my alarm goes off, I wake up, take my temp, and I go back to sleep.

Around this time of month, I wake up about an hour and 20 minutes before my alarm and lie around wondering whether I'll get a more valid temp if I take it early, or if I lie around awake but not doing anything until the alarm goes off. (Today it was a .1 difference between the two numbers, so I don't think it realistically matters)

So I think it's hormones messing with my sleep. 

I feel like my temps are more stably high than last month, but I'm not really assigning any meaning to it, because the overall temperature pattern has been so different this month.

Jumping in, hope you don't mind. I adjust my temp by adding .1 degrees for each 30 minutes earlier I am temping, or subtracting .1 degree for each 30 minutes I slept late. So if I wake up an hour earlier than normal and my temp is 97.6, I'd adjust it on my chart to 97.8, etc. Not a huge difference, but it has made my charts a lot more stable. smile.gif

I get all early-morning wakeful towards the end of my LP. smile.gif

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#17 of 677 Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 AM

I dont know what the hell my body is doing. Sometimes my cervix is firm and closed and then soft and open. Sometimes my CM is creamy, and sometimes sticky, and sometimes (once)  eggwhite, all in no particular pattern. I have no idea what is going on. lol. Still sneaking in a little BD just in case, but I guess thats what happens when you come off BCP. My body recovered way faster from the mini pill. I had a normal cycle right away coming off that. Combo pills mess you up way more. I didnt even get withdrawal bleeding on the placebo weeks. The worse part about it is that I am going to a wedding in a couple weeks, and I have no clue when to expect AF, and AF is usually wicked heavy, so I will have to be really prepared at the wedding, and paranoid that its going to come while I am wearing a dress.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#18 of 677 Old 07-26-2013, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the kind words ladies. CD1 here. Kinda grumpy about it, but the sadness is about gone. Looking forward to next cycle. And possibly going to my old RE for a consult.

Be back later with personals. xoxo

#19 of 677 Old 07-28-2013, 01:08 PM

Hello ladies!

Mamblue. So sorry to hear your news :-( what a disappointment. I hope you are ok? Try and take some time to take care of yourself. This journey is brutal. Big hugs!

Ocelot and co- on the timing, I don't think it matters too much. I get up at different times and temp as soon as I can an stills age to see the important patterns. What made the biggest difference was changing from oral temp to vaginal temps. This seems for more stable and much easier to fit into my lifestyle.

It's 11dpo over here. My chart went Triphasic on 9 dpo. I would be very excited about this, except that it happened the same last month and I wasn't pregnant, so I am not too bothered this month.

How are my cycle buddies doing?
#20 of 677 Old 07-28-2013, 02:08 PM

Ok I have a serious question. The last few days I have noticed my clothes are fitting tighter and last time I weighed was a month ago. And I weighed today cuz I can't even button my shorts greensad.gif and I just got then last month fitting perfect. I have gained 15 lbs in one month totally not normal for me I have my been doing anything different. First question my hubby asked when I told him was are u pregnant and I had a period 4th of July just 20 days late and I'm so worried advice please
#21 of 677 Old 07-28-2013, 02:10 PM

My temp was .3 lower today, which I'm not assigning any significance to either way until I see which direction it heads tomorrow.

I agree that timing doesn't really seem to matter all that much. It's more about trends than the exact specific temperature anyways.

Mamablue - I'm sorry to hear this wasn't the month.

#22 of 677 Old 07-28-2013, 11:20 PM

I'm on cd3, no surprise there. I'm getting close to having to make the decision how important baby #4 is to me. I'm not sure where I am at with it really. My 35th birthday is in 62 days and hubs is gone for pretty much all of those days. I said I was done when I turned 35 so...

Wishing everyone the best. Not going away completely, just trying to sort things out
#23 of 677 Old 07-29-2013, 04:34 AM

Hi ladies, I am relatively new to this forum. Have two children already and ttc 3; DD #1 and DS #2 were welcome suprises so this is our first time ttc. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with FRER pregnancy tests. My 28 cycle is normally like clockwork but I am now officially late. Tested two days ago so 12dpo and got BFN, stark white, not even a hint of that elusive second line. My question is, is it possible to test BFN with FRER at 12dpo and still actually be pregnant?
#24 of 677 Old 07-29-2013, 07:42 AM

Hoping: I am sure its happened before. I just dont know how common of an event it is.

I am on day 3 of EWCM so I am pretty sure I am going to ovulate soon. My hubby is working night shift, but I managed to send DD to the inlaws for a visit so I could pounce on him when he woke up.

#25 of 677 Old 07-29-2013, 09:05 PM

Thank you Mountainmamma for your rresponse. I was feeling very deflated 3 days ago at 12dpo especialy since I used an early rest (FRER) but af was due to show her ugly face yesterday and I am now 15dpo with no signs of af but cannot access a test until tomorrow as my car has given up on me. Arrrgghh the suspense is just killing me aam
#26 of 677 Old 07-29-2013, 09:10 PM

Sorry I am on my phone and hit reply to fast. I am sure though that if I am going to get BFP this month it eould show by now.
I hope all you wonderful ladies are all having luck with you BFPs, I never realised just how hard ttc can really be and that sinking feeling seeing yet another BFN is just torture! I wish you all the very best as I have been lurking for a while and find all your posts so comforting right now so fingers crossed for you all smile.gif
#27 of 677 Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 AM

OMG, Its 230 AM, and my left ovary is killing me. I am considering heading to the ER if it doesnt stop in the next hour or so. What if I have a cyst or something lame like that. It really frickin hurts. It reminds me of ovulation pain but way more severe. Like a painful throbbing ache that wont let up. I cant sleep because I cant find a good position, and I tried to take a bath, but it didnt help. I took a couple tylenol 20 min ago, and I hope it starts working soon. Sucktastic.

#28 of 677 Old 07-30-2013, 05:09 AM

I'm out for this month. Anyone else have better luck?

#29 of 677 Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 AM

Well I'm 12dpo no signs
#30 of 677 Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM

Ocelot - Sorry you're out. That's frustrating.

MountainMama - How are you doing? Did you go in? I hope you're okay. This is happening to you around O time, right? I've heard of painful O pains, but rarely this painful. Keep us posted.

Hoping - Any news? A BFP would be lovely. Either way, I hope you're not stuck in limbo.

Marquess - Thinking of you and your decision. :hugs

Oxford - You're at testing time, right? I hope your triphasic chart means good things for you.

Winter - I hope all is well with you. I hope this is your month for a BFP.

AFM - CD6. I'm in the beginnining another cycle of Letrozole + trigger shot + IUI. On Friday (CD9), I'll be having a HSG. That's where they push dye unto the uterus and tubes to look for abnormalities or blockages. It's reportedly pretty painful, but I'm looking forward to getting some answers or at least to getting my tubes powerwashed. wink1.gif Maybe it will make a clearer path for the spermies to travel along. If I have to drive myself, I'm taking 800mg Motrin. If my DH drives me, I'm going to take some Vicodin.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page