Mothering Forum banner

Fertili-tea

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  momtofarmboys 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My first thoughts on the ingredients: Be aware that green tea has caffeine, so if you are limiting caffeine you will have to take this into account. Chaste tree is a good hormonal tonic. It's supposed to help control hormonal fluctuations. It's called chaste tree for a reason-- it is known for decreasing libido in some people (as a side note, I grow this plant in my garden and it is beautiful!) Susun Weed (a well known herbalist) recommends nettle infusions vs nettle teas if you really want the nutrient benefits from nettle.

The primary reservation I have against a blended tea is that you can't treat each herb individually (making teas, infusions, etc depending on the best way to process certain herbs). However, if a pre-mixed tea makes it easier, then by all means go ahead with that. I think a little bit of tonic herbal tea is better than none, and none of these ingredients are likely to be harmful.

I used Red Raspberry Leaf tea during my entire pregnancy with my son and I definitely think (but certainly can't prove) that it helped me have a quick, uncomplicated delivery. Raspberry leaf is one component of the Fertilitea. I've never tried that particular blend, but it seems comparable in price to purchasing bulk herbal teas from other tea suppliers.

I usually buy herbs individually, in bulk from Mountain Rose Herbs. My personal recommendation is to try the herbs by themselves and blend your own tea. Red Clover Blossom (blossoms, not leaves!) are also recommended for women trying to conceive. I'm making nettle infusions, red raspberry tea and will add red clover when I get some. I plan to use this while TTC and during my (hopeful) pregnancy.

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

Has anyone tried Fertilitea? I saw something about it on the message board at work and found it on Amazon.

http://www.fertilitea.com/?_s_ref=2Du4ZiC3S&kw=%22fertilitea%22&creative=11707720945&gclid=CObWr5LZzrgCFSIV7AodWS8Azg
Hi there,

I drink a cup of fertilitea every morning, this is my first month using it so I don't have much to report. I figured that it couldn't hurt, but I am only drinking 1 cup, the bag recommends 2 - 3 cups a day. They offer free shipping so that is nice! Sorry I am not much help :/

#4 ·
Hi, just wanted to advise something I just found out. Green tea can cause folic acid deficiency. You can just google green tea and folic acid. I found this online: There is some concern that green tea might keep folic acid from working the way it should in the body. This might lead to a condition that is similar to folic acid deficiency. Found it at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1017.html#HerbInteractions)

I did drink one cup a day of green tea before I found out I was pregnant with my son and stopped after I got my positive test. I did drink it before ovulation for my last three pregnancies (2 missed miscarriages last year and 1 chemical 2 weeks ago). Now I don't drink it anymore. I'm drinking red raspberry leaf tea now (Frontier organic loose leaf) and will start pregnancy tea if I ever get pregnant again (Blessed Herbs pregnancy blend). I am of course taking prenatals daily (since 2006!) hope this helps a little. I know it's not about fertilitea but just thought I'd share about green tea. Good luck! :)

#5 ·
I used it!

I know I'm late getting this out to you (I see that you're expecting Dec 2014), but I wanted to share my experience. I used Fertili-tea for about 11 days then ovulated on day 15 (I was away and forgot my tea). Anyway, it was the most painful and memorable ovulation....I couldn't move off the couch for a couple hours but at least knew that I had ovulated. Anyway, long story short, after trying for baby #3 for ten months, we conceived! I'm also due this Dec...I'm 26w1d today :) Congrats!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.