Fertili-tea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-26-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Has anyone tried Fertilitea? I saw something about it on the message board at work and found it on Amazon. 

http://www.fertilitea.com/?_s_ref=2Du4ZiC3S&kw=%22fertilitea%22&creative=11707720945&gclid=CObWr5LZzrgCFSIV7AodWS8Azg

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#2 of 4 Old 07-27-2013, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My first thoughts on the ingredients: Be aware that green tea has caffeine, so if you are limiting caffeine you will have to take this into account. Chaste tree is a good hormonal tonic. It's supposed to help control hormonal fluctuations. It's called chaste tree for a reason-- it is known for decreasing libido in some people (as a side note, I grow this plant in my garden and it is beautiful!) Susun Weed (a well known herbalist) recommends nettle infusions vs nettle teas if you really want the nutrient benefits from nettle.

The primary reservation I have against a blended tea is that you can't treat each herb individually (making teas, infusions, etc depending on the best way to process certain herbs). However, if a pre-mixed tea makes it easier, then by all means go ahead with that. I think a little bit of tonic herbal tea is better than none, and none of these ingredients are likely to be harmful.

I used Red Raspberry Leaf tea during my entire pregnancy with my son and I definitely think (but certainly can't prove) that it helped me have a quick, uncomplicated delivery. Raspberry leaf is one component of the Fertilitea. I've never tried that particular blend, but it seems comparable in price to purchasing bulk herbal teas from other tea suppliers.

I usually buy herbs individually, in bulk from Mountain Rose Herbs. My personal recommendation is to try the herbs by themselves and blend your own tea. Red Clover Blossom (blossoms, not leaves!) are also recommended for women trying to conceive. I'm making nettle infusions, red raspberry tea and will add red clover when I get some. I plan to use this while TTC and during my (hopeful) pregnancy.

#3 of 4 Old 07-28-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

Has anyone tried Fertilitea? I saw something about it on the message board at work and found it on Amazon. 

http://www.fertilitea.com/?_s_ref=2Du4ZiC3S&kw=%22fertilitea%22&creative=11707720945&gclid=CObWr5LZzrgCFSIV7AodWS8Azg

Hi there,

I drink a cup of fertilitea every morning, this is my first month using it so I don't have much to report.  I figured that it couldn't hurt, but I am only drinking 1 cup, the bag recommends 2 - 3 cups a day. They offer free shipping so that is nice! Sorry I am not much help :/

#4 of 4 Old 08-01-2013, 07:24 AM

Hi, just wanted to advise something I just found out. Green tea can cause folic acid deficiency. You can just google green tea and folic acid. I found this online: There is some concern that green tea might keep folic acid from working the way it should in the body. This might lead to a condition that is similar to folic acid deficiency. Found it at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1017.html#HerbInteractions)

I did drink one cup a day of green tea before I found out I was pregnant with my son and stopped after I got my positive test. I did drink it before ovulation for my last three pregnancies (2 missed miscarriages last year and 1 chemical 2 weeks ago). Now I don't drink it anymore. I'm drinking red raspberry leaf tea now (Frontier organic loose leaf) and will start pregnancy tea if I ever get pregnant again (Blessed Herbs pregnancy blend). I am of course taking prenatals daily (since 2006!) hope this helps a little. I know it's not about fertilitea but just thought I'd share about green tea. Good luck! :-)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page