~The TTC One Thread Aug 2013~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies!

Been lurking for awhile, just cheering you all on silently from the sidelines. May I join?

Guess you could call me waiting to O. But also waiting to be ready, and bit of WTF as my cycles have me confused lately. Am wanting but waiting, not really avoiding though. But not ttc yet either, not sure if we will or not. Had some secondary infertility, took 20 months to conceive DD3, and thought for sure we were done. Until the last couple months, now thinking about it again. Due to the SI and my age -soon 38- not sure how long a journey it would be or how much I can take. Would it work at all given previous factors? Who knows?

Congratulations to the recent bfps-anaralia, brooksfam, monkeyscience, tantalynn and anyone i'm leaving out- sorry!

NaturallyMo- been rooting for you. Havent i seen you around tcoyf too? Sorry to hear of the long cycle confusion and BFN.  Hope you learn what is going on soon and get back to regular, fruitful cycles!

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#182 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 12:35 PM

Oh, and delightedbutterfly, meant to ask how long your usual LPs are? If 7dpo is down, isn't that early for AF to be on her way? maybe implantation dip of sorts? Here's hoping for you.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#183 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
winter, I kept picking it back out of the trash >.< I know I shouldn't be so upset about it when I've only been trying for one cycle... but we did everything just right and I really thought it would work orngtongue.gif now I guess I feel like a failure for not being better than normal, heh.

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

#184 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 03:07 PM

I'm 5 DPO and I find it sooo hard to NOT pee on a stick right now! What's the soonest?? I am happy for the ladies who have gotten their BFP!! Oh & Confession... I bought a newborn babygirl outfit the other day... Am I crazy? Lol
#185 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 06:11 PM

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I haven't shared the news with anyone yet (except dh), so it's very nice having you guys here! Good luck to everyone testing this week! I'm calling the doctor tomorrow... Of course taking one more FRER before I call. I'm crazy!

Winter, I'm so sorry about your bfn. I know it just sucks so bad and doesn't make sense. Your time is coming...just hang in there, babe!
#186 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 07:46 PM

welcome Tara smile.gif

#187 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

AFM: today is 7DPO and my temp dropped to ridiculous levels of low. I've never seen my temp so low. So I guess I'm waiting on AF. 

Another here chiming in that drop could be an implantation dip.  Please let us know what your temp does tomorrow...

Welcome, southbaymama and Tara2!

clarwyn, Winter -- I'm sorry to hear about the BFNs.   I wish successful TTC could be more of a choice and less of a wild unpredictable thing.  clarwyn, will you try testing again tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMomOf2boys View Post

I'm 5 DPO and I find it sooo hard to NOT pee on a stick right now! What's the soonest?? I am happy for the ladies who have gotten their BFP!! Oh & Confession... I bought a newborn babygirl outfit the other day... Am I crazy? Lol

I think implantation is typically between 7 and 10 days, and then there is enough hcg generally to show up on a sensitive test within a couple days after implantation?  I'm sure it can range.  I tend to think of 8DPO as the absolute earliest to test.  BTW, I don't think it's crazy to buy a newborn thing.  shy.gif  I bet the outfit is adorable!!! 

So.. AFM... speaking of testing at 8DPO, I did test this morning (at 8DPO).  And there actually was the faintest line ever known to man.  BUT, this of course is the same batch of Wondfo's that I had last month, which I'm pretty sure gave me a false positive!!  I'm not sure why I didn't just throw them out last month and go buy dollar store tests or something to replace them.  Ugh.  Well, I figure if I test with another one tomorrow and it's darker, then that would be a good sign!  So... I'm excited to see what happens tomorrow morning.  orngbiggrin.gif

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#188 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
It was back up today. To the highest it's been this cycle... http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/28bb6f

It totally could be an implantation dip... But I still don't know if I actually Ovulated... I'm still thinking it could be annov...

As for my LP... I've had everything from 8 days to 17 days... So who really knows greensad.gif

I will totally let you guys know what happens tomorrow... AF didn't show up yesterday or today...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#189 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 PM

P.S. I wanted to clarify what I wrote a little while ago when I said I tend to think of 8DPO as the earliest to test.  That is just for *me* based on what I think would give me the earliest chance.  I think someone can start testing whenever they want to and that is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

It was back up today. 

Terrific!!  biggrinbounce.gif

#190 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 10:09 PM

Congratulations Brooksfam and Anaralia! joy.gif

Welcome to the newbies!

Delighted I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!!! lurk.gif

AFM, I'm still pregnant! I think that everyday AF doesn't show lol. My nipples are very tender - and I'm still breastfeeding DD so yikes! And I have to pee a lot. Other than that I feel completely normal. I was initially a little nauseous but I'm not anymore which worries me but without any spotting I'm trying to stay positive! Thank you for all your well wishes :)

I'm rooting for all of you! dust.gif

delightedbutterfly likes this.

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

#191 of 273 Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 PM

jenjy Thanks for the info! I had googled that, but there were just so many different answers and opinions. OH & It's a little Snow White dress.. The cutest one I'd ever seen! orngbiggrin.gif
#192 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 01:16 AM

jenjy - I have to wait til Thursday before I can buy more tests. if AF still hasn't shown, I will test again. (if it has, I will buy another box of opk strips instead, haha.)

Rose, that sounds adorable smile.gif I'd be ashamed to tell you how many baby clothes I have stashed away. whenever I get mopey I go buy myself a baby outfit or cloth diaper or something. DH complained at first, but he seems ok with it now.

#193 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Congratulations Anaralia! joy.gifsticky.gif

I hope everyone had a great weekend -  I know mine was. Still no AF. I am now 19 days late on AF with still no signs of her making an appearance. This is so freaking strange and is starting to freak me out. Hubs and I DTD the over the weekend since I had a little cramping; I was hoping that would bring it on but nope. Nothing. Oh well, I don't know what else to do or expect. I'm tempted to let the doc put me on something to make it come but the other part of me wants to let my body do its thing.

Any advice or experience with this? FYI, I have had very normal cycles for years (this is my first abnormal) and all of my paps have been normal since I started getting them.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#194 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantylynn View Post

AFM, I'm still pregnant! 

joy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarwyn View Post

jenjy - I have to wait til Thursday before I can buy more tests. if AF still hasn't shown, I will test again. (if it has, I will buy another box of opk strips instead, haha.)

Rose, that sounds adorable smile.gif I'd be ashamed to tell you how many baby clothes I have stashed away. whenever I get mopey I go buy myself a baby outfit or cloth diaper or something. DH complained at first, but he seems ok with it now.

I hope the time goes quickly for you until Thursday!  

I would like to get some baby stuff, but I haven't.  I saved a lot of baby stuff and I did go through and organize it all a while back.  I had to throw out a lot of cloth diapers because the elastic was totally shot after all these years.  Sad!  I think I'll just need to buy some to replace them and then I'll be pretty set.  Well, I do need a BFP first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

Any advice or experience with this? FYI, I have had very normal cycles for years (this is my first abnormal) and all of my paps have been normal since I started getting them.

My only experience is from many years ago.  I tend toward being underweight, and when I did some strenuous activity (like skiing or something) it could actually make me miss AF entirely.  That only happened a few times in my life, but I think that can be a normal response.   Could that be a viable theory in your case? 

AFM - I think the test this morning has an even fainter line than yesterday's, if that is even possible.  Will just keep testing, and eventually will try more expensive tests.  Still feeling good about this cycle... smile.gif 

#195 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Hoping those lines mean something Jenjy!!!!

Temp was still up but down a bit from yesterday. I have a head cold surfacing today that's been trying to take hold the last couple days and my lower back is killing me! I was in the backyard last week and stepped into a hold the dog had dug and fell hard. Besides my pride hurting a bit it seems I really hurt my back. With rest, stretching and some light massage by DH it was starting to feel better. Until he convinced me to go golfing with him on Saturday. Two holes in and I should have gone home but I didn't and now it's still hurting/tightening and super tender. I'm taking ibuprofen but I don't want to take a muscle relaxed until AF shows up greensad.gif

#196 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

delightedbutterfly - Honestly, from your chart, it doesn't look to me like you O'd, unless you have other info (OPKs, CM, etc) that isn't on your chart. Though looking at some of your other charts, it does look like your temp has a tendency to be all over the place. Hope your back feels better soon, and your chart sorts itself out!

NaturallyMo - Any chance stress from the wedding caused you to skip O? If it did, it's hard to say when you'll O again. I have taken Provera and Prometrium to induce my period on several occasions, because I tend to be anovulatory for long periods of time. Actually, I only took Prometrium once because it gave me intense vertigo. Basically, it's progesterone, and you usually take it for 7-10 days to fool your body into thinking it ovulated. If you chart, you'll see a temp rise just like you would have if you ovulated. It takes a few days to get out of your system once you stop taking it. (About 5 days, in my case.) Once it's gone, your temp will drop and your uterus will shed its lining (aka, you have a period) due to the progesterone drop, just like it would have if you had ovulated naturally and not gotten pregnant. (Sorry if you already knew all that - just want to be thorough. smile.gif) If you tend to have very regular cycles, I think there's a good chance that it would reset your system and you'd have a normal cycle after that. Since I had very irregular cycles to begin with, it never did that for me. I honestly don't know a lot about any long-term pros or cons of inducing a period, but I know doctors treat it like it's nothing. Which, of course, doesn't mean it is, but take that for what it's worth.

tanty - Glad you are still pregnant! I'm extra-glad that sore nipples is the one pregnancy symptom I never got with my son, since I am also still nursing!

I forgot who asked about when is the earliest to test... IIRC, implantation happens somewhere between day 6-8, usually. Prior to implantation, there is no test on earth that can tell you if the egg fertilized. And even after implantation, it takes at least a day or two to get enough hCG to detect. I've heard people claim a BFP on day 5 or 6, but frankly, I think they're just wrong about their dates, because that seems biologically impossible. From my personal experience, I got BFPs at 11 DPO with both pregnancies. The first one I had a BFN at 9 DPO, and didn't test at 10 DPO, so it's possible I could have gotten a line then. The earliest I've heard (and believed) for a BFP is 8 DPO, but I think that's fairly rare. And some people don't get their BFP until 14+ DPO. I think 10 DPO is my personal earliest testing time at this point, just because of my experiences so far, but everyone is different!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***** Oct 2014 - it's a
#197 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 09:18 AM

clarwyn that's actually a fantastic idea stocking up on those diapers! wink1.gif The hubs looked at me strange for the outfit purchase but was in total agreement on how cute it was.

NaturallyMo The only time that had happened to me was because of a big ugly cyst.. But you've probably had all that checked out yea??
#198 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

things have been crazy at work so I apologize for the lack of personals...

monkeyscience congrats on your bfp!

clarwyn basal temps are definitely lower. Mine are usually in the low 97s or even 96s. This month is weird for me because I had a miscarriage, but I normally only hit 98 right after ovulation.

I think I may have ovulated... I'm 25 days post D&C, and my temps have been high all around, but I do see a little dip + spike. Not sure if FF will give me crosshairs since my temps are so out of whack , but I'm cautiously optimistic about getting AF in 2 weeks. Trying to decide if we should start trying next cycle or give it a little more time.

Mother to an adorable girl born May 2012, dealing with recurrent miscarriage.
#199 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum posting though I've been reading various sites for months. DH and I have just started to ttc after our last chem pg in feb this yr. I'm 12dpo and have started to cramp after a promising couple of weeks, sore boobs, tiredness and mild nausea. Got a horrible feeling AF is on her way.

Joining you chaps as the fantastic support you give each other is inspiring and some advise on naturally increasing my progesterone levels.
#200 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Clarwyn I have taken them out the trash before too!

Thanks ladies for the support, each month it doesn't happen I get more and more disappointed and upset about it. But other's have been trying much longer than me and still get a BFP in the end. CD 1 and 2 are the hardest for me. But trying to focus on the positive that we can try again if we decide to, right now there is no way I want to stop trying, but my emotions are all over the place when AF arrives, so we'll see in a few days. Just so wish it was easier to get pregnant!

Good luck to all! Looking forward to September now.

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#201 of 273 Old 08-26-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2013 View Post

Thanks ladies for the support, each month it doesn't happen I get more and more disappointed and upset about it. But other's have been trying much longer than me and still get a BFP in the end. CD 1 and 2 are the hardest for me. But trying to focus on the positive that we can try again if we decide to, right now there is no way I want to stop trying, but my emotions are all over the place when AF arrives, so we'll see in a few days. Just so wish it was easier to get pregnant!

Good luck to all! Looking forward to September now.

I have been thinking about you a lot lately, Winter, since we seem to keep being cycle buddies. I have been trying since April 2012 and I am very familiar with everything you're talking about. I am usually good, but on CD1 and 2, or even a few days before when I know AF is going to show, I am an inconsolable mess. It helps me a lot to see people on here getting BFP's and I am hoping so hard that we all get them. It's so hard to be disappointed over and over and over again.

AFM - I am usually really good about not testing (rather just get AF and get disappointed once) but I caved and tested yesterday (13DPO) with a BFN. AF is due in 2 days, so I am trying not to get hopeful... but it's hard! My chart looks really good this time, but I have gotten excited before and then crushed. I am cramping on and off with pretty mild intensity. I keep willing my temp to stay up in the morning and so far, so good, but I am very skeptical. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42ab31">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

#202 of 273 Old 08-27-2013, 04:24 AM

Winter, I understand your frustration!  I got pregnant the first month of not avoiding, and ended up having a miscarriage.  We thought it would be that easy to get pregnant again, but we're now learning otherwise.  Each time I get AF, it's so disappointing, but then I end up feeling guilty about being disappointed since some people have it way worse and I should be glad that I even ovulate.  It's such an emotional roller coaster!  And yeah CD1 and 2 are the worst for me...waiting for AF to be over and wondering if I'll ever even have a full term pregnancy.  I have my fingers crossed for you and everyone else!  

Dianna, welcome!  I'm pretty new here too, but it already seems like a great place for support. It sounds like you have some pregnancy symptoms going on this month!  

Marcyse, your chart does look really good this month!  I can't tell your BD timing from looking at it, but your temps are staying up nicely after a clear ovulation.  I admire that you can even wait until CD13 to test!  I always tell myself to wait but end up starting to test at 10dpo which is way too early for me.

Me- 30, DH- 29, 2 pugs (Kirby and Tater), one angel1.gif (6/13) and expecting our rainbow1284.gif 5/14!!

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 rainbow1284.gif 37 38 39 40

#203 of 273 Old 08-27-2013, 07:08 AM

MakeItSew - Regarding waiting time, did your care provider suggest anything in particular?

Dianna - welcome!  Those are good signs!

AFM - clear-as-day BFN.  Oh, and spotting.  irked.gif  Irritated that I allowed myself to get my hopes up with those Wondfos knowing they gave me trouble last month.  I threw them out this morning.  And what is with this LP spotting?!  Never had that in my life before it started last year.  My OB says it has nothing to do with my surgery and is actually due to stress.  Well, I couldn't have been more relaxed this cycle and I'm still spotting.  greensad.gif  

#204 of 273 Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 AM

Hi all

thanks for the welcome, temps dropped this am so almost positive that af is on the horizon now :-( still there's always next month. Would give my DS a baby brother or sister for his 11th birthday if it happens then lol!

Has any one had progesterone from their dr? I have an Appointment on 19.9 and think that they will recommend it?
#205 of 273 Old 08-27-2013, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

It's CD 32 for me... The longest cycle (even annov) I can remember having is 34 days... Well except I did miss a month twice but I can't remember how long those cycles were...

Before having babies AF arrived on CD 29-32 like clockwork. Since having babies it's been an "average" of 26-28 days.

FF changed my "possible but still not holding my breath O date" to CD 29! And put me at 3DPO today... So either I was so stressed out earlier this month that it delayed it until then... Or that was an implantation dip making it triphasic and FF just can't figure that out. Or my body is just messed and nothing is going on, which is where I'm leaning... But I just had to get that out/tell someone somewhere!!! At least we BD'd CD 28 lol

#206 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 04:32 AM

marcyse and eazar Thank you so much for those words! It's just a struggle the first days of AF, getting over the disappointment, but e are all in the same situation and that is comforting to know even though of course I wish we weren't! Focused on being grateful that yes at least we are in a position where we have regular cycles and ovulate as some women do not, and we are also in relationships with a partner wanting to ttc too...others are not. So I'm very thankful for those things and that helps me get through AF starting.

marcyse I hope you get that BFP this time, but if not maybe we can be pregnancy buddies next cycle!

Dianna welcome!

Does anyone know about folic acid helping with fertility? I only know it is good to take in early pregnancy to help the baby develop properly, but only just read yesterday it is also used to help fertility before you get pregnant! Anyone know anything? Are you taking it?

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#207 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 AM

Jenjy, it's always a bummer seeing BFN.  What dpo are you?  I have spotting before my BFP before, and I know some women bleed around the time of their period and still get BFP.  So I wouldn't count yourself out unless AF shows.  I have LP spotting too ever since my miscarriage.  It's really annoying because it starts about a week before AF shows.  And I have cramps from ovulation through AF.  So annoying!  

Dianna, I do not take progesterone, but my doc said to call them ASAP once I get pregnant again because they will test my progesterone and put me on supplementation if it's low.  I don't know if it's something to take when not pregnant to help with your cycles, but I'm sure someone else on here can answer that for you.

Winter, I've been taking a prenatal (Rainbow Light Organics) for about 6 months and it has folic acid in it.  It also has Red Raspberry Leaf extract and other liver support stuff.  I heard somewhere that folic acid is good even for both partners to take while TTC because it can help sperm too.  Some cereals have folic acid added.

Me- 30, DH- 29, 2 pugs (Kirby and Tater), one angel1.gif (6/13) and expecting our rainbow1284.gif 5/14!!

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 rainbow1284.gif 37 38 39 40

#208 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Eazar

thanks, you've been told the same as me. I'm a little concerned as the progesterone only pill made me very ill and I had hyperemesis with my DS.
#209 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 PM

Hi - Can I please be added to Waiting to O?  My DS is 5.5 and my DD is almost 3 so it's been a good long while since I've been around these parts, but DH and I are ready to start trying again, this time for number 3.  I'm so excited and can't wait to get to know all of you ladies!

Jenn (30) wife to DH (42) and Mama to DS (2). Looking forward to our with #2 due Nov. 2 2010.
#210 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here

Welcome Dianna79, southbaymama, jennmk13 and Tara2!!!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Indicator Bioself

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page