Forum Jump: 

#211 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna79 View Post

Hi all

thanks for the welcome, temps dropped this am so almost positive that af is on the horizon now :-( still there's always next month. Would give my DS a baby brother or sister for his 11th birthday if it happens then lol!

Has any one had progesterone from their dr? I have an Appointment on 19.9 and think that they will recommend it?

Bummer about the temp drop!   :(

I have never had progesterone prescribed.  I do know based on two recent blood tests that I am low (which again, my drs tell me is due more to my stress than my age.)  Maybe will be looking into OTC progesterone cream, although I've heard extreme opposite views about its efficacy.  Anyone here have experience with the cream?  

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

It's CD 32 for me... The longest cycle (even annov) I can remember having is 34 days... Well except I did miss a month twice but I can't remember how long those cycles were...

Before having babies AF arrived on CD 29-32 like clockwork. Since having babies it's been an "average" of 26-28 days.

FF changed my "possible but still not holding my breath O date" to CD 29! And put me at 3DPO today... So either I was so stressed out earlier this month that it delayed it until then... Or that was an implantation dip making it triphasic and FF just can't figure that out. Or my body is just messed and nothing is going on, which is where I'm leaning... But I just had to get that out/tell someone somewhere!!! At least we BD'd CD 28 lol

delightedbutterfly, this is one strange cycle.  Awesome that at least timing is right for any of the possibilities!  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter2013 View Post

Does anyone know about folic acid helping with fertility? I only know it is good to take in early pregnancy to help the baby develop properly, but only just read yesterday it is also used to help fertility before you get pregnant! Anyone know anything? Are you taking it?

I have heard that about folate and fertility.  I take a sort of high-ish dose (for other reasons), but specifically of the methyl folate form.  My understanding is that many people have trouble metabolizing the form that is found in most supplements and in the fortified food supply; on the other hand, the methyl form is the most biologically active.  Just wanted to throw that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazar View Post

Jenjy, it's always a bummer seeing BFN.  What dpo are you?  I have spotting before my BFP before, and I know some women bleed around the time of their period and still get BFP.  So I wouldn't count yourself out unless AF shows.  I have LP spotting too ever since my miscarriage.  It's really annoying because it starts about a week before AF shows.  And I have cramps from ovulation through AF.  So annoying!  

Thank you so much for saying that.  I feel better.  love.gif  I am 11 DPO today, but I didn't test this morning since I threw them all out yesterday, LOL.  That really is annoying that you are getting spotting, too!   It's a bit disheartening, to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennmk13 View Post

Hi - Can I please be added to Waiting to O?  My DS is 5.5 and my DD is almost 3 so it's been a good long while since I've been around these parts, but DH and I are ready to start trying again, this time for number 3.  I'm so excited and can't wait to get to know all of you ladies!

Welcome!  

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#212 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey all

Thanks ladies for the welcome!

As to my cycle argh argh argh! I'm in a mood today that is for sure. Ok my last 2 cycles were 36-37 days. With o about CD 25. Expecting that this month, except temps are all over the place. Thought I might have O'd early, a couple days ago, as temps have been up the last 2 days but today headache, dizzy, low backache, crampy, major choco cravings. A lot like AF is around the corner. How weird would that be? A 20 day cycle. ANd maybe no O at all. Kinda thinking this cycle is going to be annovulatory now. Had a couple temp spikes earlier last week too. CF changes every day, has been stretchy at times but not like usual EWCF. Whitish and rubbery, or yellowish, etc. So hard to tell what it's doing. CF has been up and down throughout the day, mostly firm but sometimes kinda medium? No idea. Must be a weird, aging, BF ing thing I guess, but it's pissing me off. CD 19 or so at the moment.

Sorry I'm in a mood girls. Don't want to start off all bitchy and whiny on here but it looks like I'm doing.

NaturallyMo wish I had a better answer for you. Is it possible you did not O at all, or O happened much later than you thought? That could explain things maybe. Are you charting?

Will want to do personals later for most everyone else, I'm sorry. Just bad headache now.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#213 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 06:11 PM

Tara2 I'm right there with ya on the moodiness.. I'm 7DPO & I can't tell if AF is around the corner or I'm a few days away from a BFP.. Every symptom including CM points to both AF and being preggs ... *siigh* oh & welcome!!! Sorry this was more of a venting/agreeing/rambling post rather than a helpful one.
#214 of 273 Old 08-28-2013, 11:56 PM

Hi all

AF arrived at tea time yesterday, so I'm in the grumps today :-( the one positive thing about this cycle is that vitex seems to have provided fantastically consistent bbt's and a 28 day cycle with a perfect 14 day lp...

could you add me to waiting to O for september xxx

good luck to everyone waiting for their bfp!!!
#215 of 273 Old 08-29-2013, 04:38 AM

Tara2, don't apologize for being in a mood!  Everyone has their moments, and this is the best place to let it out because we all understand.  I get some of those same symptoms when I'm gearing up to ovulate, so don't lose hope!  It might be right around the corner!

Dianna79, sorry about AF. :(  But that's great that Vitex helped your cycle so much!  How long have you been taking it?  That's one of the herbs in the tincture that my naturopathic doc has me taking, and it seems to be helping slightly more each month.  I'm hoping it helps me ovulate earlier this month because I've been ovulating around day 18-20 lately and only have about a 10 day LP.

Me- 30, DH- 29, 2 pugs (Kirby and Tater), one angel1.gif (6/13) and expecting our rainbow1284.gif 5/14!!

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 rainbow1284.gif 37 38 39 40

#216 of 273 Old 08-29-2013, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Hi Everyone! I'm just popping in to say hello and send some positive vibes goodvibes.gifyour way. Everything will work out. Remember: Relax, relax, relax!

Still no AF around these parts. Ladies, I have never wanted to see red so bad in my life before ROTFLMAO.gifLOL  I'm staying positive and encouraged since I'm having some mild cramping so hopefully that means she will rear her ugly head here soon.

If I don't pop in tomorrow, have a great day!

One more thing: never feel bad for venting or expressing how you feel. We are all here to support and encourage one another no matter way. Here, you can just let it all hang out.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#217 of 273 Old 08-29-2013, 06:28 PM

well I'm 5 (6?) days late, but after two blue line tests (one bfn, one questionable) I gave up and bought a pink line. solid bfn. now if I could get this cycle over with... I have a doctor's appt on the 16th to figure out what's up.

I have to face the fact that this means my dream of a May baby isn't going to happen orngtongue.gif I know how silly that sounds, but we had been working towards that for two years, so it hurts to know it didn't happen. but you know what, when I eventually get my baby and hold them, I'm not going to care that they have the wrong zodiac.
#218 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 06:41 AM

Tara2 - Did your temps and symptoms start behaving yet??

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseMomOf2boys View Post

Every symptom including CM points to both AF and being preggs ... 

Rose - It's so not fair that they share so many symptoms!

Dianna - Ugh sorry about AF.  It's got to definitely  be encouraging to see a balanced cycle though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarwyn View Post

well I'm 5 (6?) days late, but after two blue line tests (one bfn, one questionable) I gave up and bought a pink line. solid bfn. now if I could get this cycle over with... I have a doctor's appt on the 16th to figure out what's up.

I have to face the fact that this means my dream of a May baby isn't going to happen orngtongue.gif I know how silly that sounds, but we had been working towards that for two years, so it hurts to know it didn't happen. but you know what, when I eventually get my baby and hold them, I'm not going to care that they have the wrong zodiac.

Clarwyn - It is hard to let go of a dream that you've had so long.  It doesn't sound silly.  You are so right though - when you are holding that baby, everything - the timing - everything, will seem just right.  I'm with NaturallyMo -- everything will work out!  

AFM - 13 DPO, with a usual 12 day LP.   Sooo, expecting AF sometime today!  BUT, my temp went UP pretty high this morning after a couple days of it going down, and I have had none of my customary spotting yet today (after several days of spotting).  Of course, no pregnancy symptoms to speak of either, so I'm not holding my breath.  Will buy some tests today at least.

#219 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 08:54 AM

thanks, jenjy, and good luck to you.
#220 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

AFM - 13 DPO, with a usual 12 day LP.   Sooo, expecting AF sometime today!  BUT, my temp went UP pretty high this morning after a couple days of it going down, and I have had none of my customary spotting yet today (after several days of spotting).  Of course, no pregnancy symptoms to speak of either, so I'm not holding my breath.  Will buy some tests today at least.

Eek! And you haven't tested again yet? I don't put much stock in having super early pregnancy symptoms. Every time I've been pregnant (4) it was the absence of symptoms that was the what made me know in a weird way.

The spotting could have been a good thing too... I'm cautiously hopeful for you!!!! 

AFM: CD 35 (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28bb6f) and who knows what DPO based on 3 possible ovulation dates... If I go off the most recent it's 6DPO and my temp the last two days have been hovering over coverline. I've also been able to take temps at a more regular time. I've had a head cold so I've been sleeping well :) My back is still aching from hurting it and then playing golf and then yesterday I went down the waterslide at the pool a few to many times and it's back to a dull ache again... And more golf that I can't miss this Saturday... No signs of AF showing or not. Having really bad acne for the last week though, and some cramping. So if I know her she'll show up right in the middle of golf tomorrow, cuz she's mean like that!

jenjy likes this.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#221 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 11:45 AM

Hey Eazar

I've been on vitex for 6 weeks. my cycle went a little crazy after my last m/c. The vitamins I'm taking have l-arginyne in which is also supposed to help.

Thanks to all for the commiserations, this month was rough. I should have been giving birth and bringing a baby home not waiting for AF to show her ugly head :'(.
#222 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry Dianna79. I find those milestones really hard as well :( Sending huge virtual hugs!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

#223 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

Eek! And you haven't tested again yet? I don't put much stock in having super early pregnancy symptoms. Every time I've been pregnant (4) it was the absence of symptoms that was the what made me know in a weird way.

No I hadn't tested again because I threw out my Wondfo's when I was sure they gave me two false positives earlier this week.  (Especially because I thought they did the same thing to me last month, too!)  However, I just tried an Answer.  This was the result at 3 minutes.  I am finding this very hard to believe.  Spotting started back up AS I WAS testing for Pete's sake.

#224 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

OOOHHHH!!!! I can totally see that line!

#225 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 PM

Thanks!  It's even clearer in person.  After that astonishing little surprise, I went back out and splurged on a FRER.  Will use in the morning.

delightedbutterfly likes this.

#226 of 273 Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 PM

yay jenjy!!!! I can see that, and I'm on my phone! lol
#227 of 273 Old 08-31-2013, 02:02 AM

Thanks delighted butterfly x

Hey Jenjy, That lines clear as day on my phone! Fingers crossed for your FRER xxx
#228 of 273 Old 08-31-2013, 06:48 AM

Thanks, everyone!  :love

However, I took the FRER and while there is a line, it is so very faint.  At 14 DPO with my DD and DS, the line was blaring.  Spotting has stopped, but I just can't imagine this is going to go well.  I would bet it has to do with my low progesterone.  But, apparently I'm pregnant today.  So yay for that!!!   delightedbutterfly, I guess I'm thinking please don't move me to graduates though.  I'd rather wait until I have a better idea of how this is going to go.  

Thanks again everyone for your encouragement!  :grouphug

#229 of 273 Old 08-31-2013, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Hugs Jenjy! Fingers crossed for a sticky baby!! A line can be light for many reasons but you are definitely pregnant, I'm sending lots of good vibes.

#230 of 273 Old 08-31-2013, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi all! This is my first time TTC even though we already have two kiddos. They are both boys, and I would really like a girl. We are trying The Billings Method by DTD a few days before probable O. The trouble is I am still nursing my 19 month old constantly, and my cycle has been all over the place. So we will see! I am due for an O Monday-Wednesday and my CM isn't EWCM but it is fertile. We have DTD, and now I just wait to see if it worked this month. So I guess I am on a ~2ww smile.gif

Elizabeth - 33. Mother to ds 12-19-04 and ds 01-27-12. new tadpole due 05-25-14
#231 of 273 Old 08-31-2013, 01:18 PM

MrsRoss - welcome!  Hoping for a successful 2ww for you!  

Quote:

Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

Hugs Jenjy! Fingers crossed for a sticky baby!! A line can be light for many reasons but you are definitely pregnant, I'm sending lots of good vibes.

delightedbutterfly - I have a huge smile here reading this, thank you!! 

OK, in preparing myself for serial testing, I have purchased a bunch of dollar store tests.  I now have one faint positive on a dollar store test for comparing to tomorrow.   

#232 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 07:29 AM

Another very faint line this morning.  I'd say it's fainter than yesterday, but still there.  Zero spotting and temp is still high.  I am started to get a bit concerned about an ectopic, darn it.  

#233 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Oh no Jenjy greensad.gif I can't remember if you said you did or didn't have insurance... I am sending lots of positive results that everything is ok. We're here for you!

#234 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Post a pic of the next test you take and we can compare them too smile.gif positive vibes sent your way Jenjy......
AFM. I think I might have went bk to a normal cycle for me 28 days instead of 45 cuz me and hubby dtd a few days ago and my boobs started hurting yesterday like really sore very unusual for me. And my app days based on a 28 day cycle I would have ovulated a few days ago when we dtd and Also I read that sometimes your boobs get sore and that can be an indication that u ovulated. Anybody know if its true on some women just curious. smile.gif thanks
#235 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 10:16 AM

Jen :joycongrats to you! Fingers crossed for a sticky and well done for holding off on testing, I need that kind of patience in the tww! Hppy and healthy 9 months to you.

I'm just hanging out at CD 7, thankful I am halfway through my 'waiting to O' phase. Good luck to everyone else trying to catch the egg this week or testing, and patience for those still waiting to O like me! 

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#236 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 11:24 AM

jenjy positive vibes your way!! Stick baby stick!!! orngbiggrin.gif
#237 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 01:40 PM

delightedbutterfly - yes, I have insurance (expensive and crappy, but that's pretty standard I would guess, lol.)  I think what I will do though is keep monitoring myself for a couple more days and then go in for blood tests/whatever else if I continue to stay in limbo.  What is the latest with your chart?  Any new clues to what is going on??

scjp - thanks for the positive vibes!  That is great that your cycle is maybe normalizing.  Did you decide to temp this cycle?  

Winter - ha, don't think of me as a model of patience.  The key apparently was just not to have any tests in the house.  Good luck this cycle!  

Rose - thanks for the well wishes!

Y'all are making me feel better!  Thanks again!

#238 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello! Back to the boards! I'm in the waiting to know/2 WW. This will be our 3rd baby! We are so excited with anticipation!
#239 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 03:00 PM

I just posted this on a different board, like an idiot -_-

CD 1 FINALLY. I'm so relieved to have that stupid long cycle over with and be able to try again. I'm going to try to temp more faithfully, otherwise I'm going to take it easier (not worrying about shettles, for instance). hopefully I can destress, cuz this cycle had my anxiety thro the roof.

you may call me waiting to O

and good luck to jenjy!!!!!!
#240 of 273 Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Jenjy yes I started to temp then fell off cuz I don't sleep good all the time and just stopped lol so me and hubby just doing things different laying down on back for a few mind after dtd and doing things like we did when conceived my son hope it works smile.gif lol

Tags
Trying To Conceive , Fertility And Conception The Essential Guide To Boosting Your Fertility And Conceiving A Healthy Bab , Fertility Demystified A Self Teaching Guide , Fertility Facts Conceive Magazine Editors , Fertility Indicator Bioself

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page