Nursing Mamas TTC August - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 163 Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congrats Piratemere!!! That is awesome news! Happy for you!! Sticky baby dust your way!

AndtheStars: Thanks for the hug and support! That is too funny what you said about your hubby...isn't it infuriating when we know something is wrong but men act like everything is completely fine and we are imagining things. We really are different!!!!! They seem to carry on without processing things the way we do.

How funny if you were to successfully save "a batch" and turkey baster yourself and turn up prego. He would probably think it was the postman!! Too funny :-)

From what I hear the little spermies don't last very long anyway.....(sigh).

AFM- I am doing okay. I have been temping and waiting for signs of O. Hoping it doesn't happen until Fri night or Sat AM when hubby returns. I am going to pounce on him the minute he walks in the door. (Ha)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 163 Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congratulations piratemere joy.gif  I agree - that test is totally positive.  Do you want me to move you yet or are you going to test again with a better test first?

AndTheStars - I'm going to join you in cutting out caffeine if you don't mind because...  I got my first PPAF today!  OMGoodness - never ever ever thought I'd be excited to say that in a million years ROTFLMAO.gifbut here I am, moving myself to waiting to ovulate.

I'm a bit miffed that I didn't catch the first PP egg - stupid wondfos telling me I'd not ovulated...  I'm considering buying an ovulation microscope instead.  Has anyone else ever used them?  Are they any good?  It just seems like a good option now as I expect my periods to be all over the place for several months at least.

EDIT: forgot to say - VITEX WOW!  I've been taking it for 3 weeks so after only a week or so of using it, I ovulated.  Might be a coincidence but I'm impressed.  I'm also taking a low dose so it's not affected my milk supply either (knock on wood)

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 ~ another beautiful boy arrived September 2014 ~ breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming. I love my boys
#153 of 163 Old 08-28-2013, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still kind of in denial, so keep me where I am until I take another test, please. I kind of feel like I can't possibly have been that easy. I've spent so long trying to just get my period back, I figured I'd take a while afterward to actually catch an egg.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#154 of 163 Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 PM

Congratulations on your first PPAF TheCrunchyBrit thumb.gif. I'm loving your profile pic. too.

Mama to 3 lovely home learning, nature loving girls read.gif(10), fairy.gif(7), fly-by-nursing1.gif (3).

#155 of 163 Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrunchyBrit View Post

Congratulations piratemere joy.gif  I agree - that test is totally positive.  Do you want me to move you yet or are you going to test again with a better test first?

AndTheStars - I'm going to join you in cutting out caffeine if you don't mind because...  I got my first PPAF today!  OMGoodness - never ever ever thought I'd be excited to say that in a million years ROTFLMAO.gifbut here I am, moving myself to waiting to ovulate.

I'm a bit miffed that I didn't catch the first PP egg - stupid wondfos telling me I'd not ovulated...  I'm considering buying an ovulation microscope instead.  Has anyone else ever used them?  Are they any good?  It just seems like a good option now as I expect my periods to be all over the place for several months at least.

EDIT: forgot to say - VITEX WOW!  I've been taking it for 3 weeks so after only a week or so of using it, I ovulated.  Might be a coincidence but I'm impressed.  I'm also taking a low dose so it's not affected my milk supply either (knock on wood)

Ooh! Exciting! Hooray!

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#156 of 163 Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Can i be moved to Waiting To O

Pretty sure i got  AF :( and ended up with a 5 day LP 

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#157 of 163 Old 08-30-2013, 02:48 AM

SoCaliMommy, I hope that LP gets longer for you!

TheCrunchyBrit-What IS an ovulation microscope?

Piratemere, that looks like a nice BFP from the one pic you shared! Congratulations!

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#158 of 163 Old 08-30-2013, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

List updated to here

Thanks for all the congrats ladies - I am very chuffed we can start trying properly now and very excited!

SoCaliMommy - sorry about the 5 day LP but at least your cycle's back.  It's all positive, we're getting there.

Texasfarmom - an ovulation microscope is a little microscope that you use to check your saliva.  Apparently when you're about to ovulate your saliva forms a fern like pattern - Lord only knows why... but they have mixed reviews.  Some people swear by them, others say they saw no 'ferning', so I'm in 2 minds really.  This is a link to one I found:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babystart-BSF-FertilFocus-Ovulation-Microscope/dp/B001CQJPS4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377892366&sr=8-1&keywords=ovulation+microscope

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 ~ another beautiful boy arrived September 2014 ~ breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming. I love my boys
#159 of 163 Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 AM

Congrats TheCrunchyBrit!!! I'm so excited for you!! That's great!! I wonder if it was the Vitex it just coincidence....either way it is happy news!

SoCaliMommy I hope this time your LP gets longer this time. Good luck!!

I was supposed to ovulate Friday (based on my usual cycle) but I just yesterday noticed the initial signs...so I think this time I am going to O late...however hubby is back from his business trip as of last night fortunately so we will be practicing over the weekend and fingers crossed!!

For what it's worth- I spoke with my lactation consultant last week...she calls to check on me occasionally. Anyway I told her I had an early miscarriage and asked if she thought my nursing was suppressing my hormones and caused the miscarriage. She said absolutely not there is no way...unfortunately I would have miscarried either way (which makes me feel better knowing it isn't something I could have prevented) and that when you are nursing a toddler your body is not relying on hormones as much anymore as it is just "supply and demand". I mentioned Prolactin and she said no...that is only in the beginning when you are nursing an infant. She said the medical community (mostly) is ignorant about nursing, especially extended bf, so she said the only time it is necessary to wean in order to get pregnant is if your uterus is very sensitive to the oxytocin that is released when you nurse. (Which she said is of course also released when you BD and have the BIG O) so if your doctor clears you for sex while preggers then you are fine to bf. I found that interesting and encouraging.

I don't feel like my 2 year old is completely ready to give up bf yet, at nap time and bed time. He uses it for comfort. So I hate to take it from him before he is ready. Now- I don't plan to pop in at kindergarten for a nursing (ha) I definitely see him finished over this next year but I would like to slowly ease him into it.

Anyway just wanted to share that- and Happy Baby Dust to all this weekend!! Have fun practicing BD :-)
#160 of 163 Old 08-31-2013, 07:29 AM

Sorry - I am waiting to O
For list update purposes :-)
#161 of 163 Old 08-31-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrunchyBrit View Post

Same thing happened to me. I don't think it's a coincidence, especially now.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#162 of 163 Old 08-31-2013, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

List updated to here

RosieL - Ohhh, so it's not a coincidence then?  Well, I'm a vitex believer now!  DS still feeds like a demon and I still leak at work (the shame) occasionally so I know I'm still producing like a dairy cow.  The only issue is that all though my AF DS has been quite fussy.  He mustn't like the taste as much :(

#163 of 163 Old 09-01-2013, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Happy 1st September!

Its a new month and the new thread for September is up and running.  Lots of baby dust for September!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1389211/nursing-mamas-ttc-september

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page