Mothering Forum banner

Trouble with Wondfo Ovulation Test Strips

25K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MamaCayenne 
#1 ·
This is my second month TTC. Last month, I used CVS generic ovulation predictor strips. They actually worked well, and it was clear that I ovulated a couple of days later with a temp rise. I discovered the Wondfo strips were cheaper in bulk, so I used those this month. I've tested for the last 10 days, and I haven't seen a positive. However, I had a temp rise yesterday and today. I think I ovulated and the strips never predicted it. Has anyone else experienced this with these strips. I'm bummed that I have 40 left.

#2 ·
I've used them twice now without issue, so no, I can't say I have. I'm sorry you have, though, and am bumping this in the hopes that maybe someone else can help!

#4 ·
Were you testing around the same time every day? I know the Wondfo strips say you can test whenever, but I know some strips suggest testing in the afternoon, so that's what I've always done.

#5 ·
I try to test 2 times a day, so I test in the AM and the late afternoon. This has been a very strange chart this month. After 2 days of raised temperatures, my temp dipped down .7 of a degree. The next day it raised back up .6 and then dipped again .6 of a degree. Now this morning it is up again, so I figured that I might not have ovulated, so I checked both strips (the CVS brand and the Wondfo) and both were ridiculously positive. I guess I'm just ovulating really late this month CD26. The weird thing is that I had a strange pain this morning in the lower left (maybe uterus) part of my body. After a few hours it went away, and I was left with this achey, almost premenstrual feeling. Part of me wonders if I'm so stressed about inseminating that I'm making myself sick. Its all sorta bumming me out because after 5 months of charting, I felt like I was really getting to know my cycle, and now I feel like I'm back at the beginning again.

#6 ·
i can totally relate! the very first cycle i tried testing w/ OPK (also used the wondfo strips), i thought they were not working. in previous cycles, to my best estimation (based on BBT & CM), i was ovulating between CD18 & CD22. this last cycle, when i used the strips, i had these somewhat darker than normal test lines, and they seemed very ambiguous. but then i'd wake up next morning and-still-no temperature rise, so i kept testing and then, finally, on day 28 (!) i got an unambiguous positive. but even though it was very nearly as dark as the control line, it was NOT darker than the control line. day 29 was also positive in late morning & afternoon, but got significantly lighter by the evening. but for nearly 10 days, i was scratching my head & doubting everything! luckily, i wasn't TTC yet, so i did not have that added stress. but even the uncertainty seems to have added enough stress to cause a delay. well, either that or it was an unfortunate coincidence! i'm just so glad i've decided to "practice" w/ the OPKs for a few months before my first TTC cycle. i'm queer & using donor sperm & for our first go-round, 6 vials was all we could afford (honestly couldn't "afford" those either... ha!).

i hope for both our sakes that as we get used to testing w/ OPKs, our brains/bodies start thinking of it as routine, and not an *event* warranting delay of ovulation!!!
orngbiggrin.gif

#8 ·
I have been using the Wondfos for a while. I've learned a few things:

• The test line doesn't have to be quite as dark as the control to be positive. I've confirmed ovulation with temp rises, progesterone tests, and a positive pregnancy with Wondfo OPKs that weren't quite as dark as the control line. See photo below (that one was confirmed by progesterone test and temp rise).
  • Right around expected ovulation I start taking two OPK tests per day, one in the morning and one in the evening. I don't know about other people, but it appears that my LH spikes in the evening. I think in the future I'm just going to give up on testing in the morning.
  • Confirming with a temp rise brings a LOT of peace of mind.
  • Darkness of the control seems to vary a lot across different test strips.

May Cycle.jpg

Reactions: MamaCayenne
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.