TTC #1 using Maca - Never been pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 35 and my DH is 35. Neither of us have children and we have been trying to conceive our 1st child for about 6 months. My periods are regular, I have extreme pain when I"m ovulating so I know exactly when that is. Everything is regular every single month, same day, same time. I have had every test imaginable and have no known fertility issues other than I have an autoimmune issue called Sjogren's Syndrome, but it shouldn't interfere with conception. This is my 3rd husband and my 3rd attempt at trying to conceive. I have to only assume that it's a problem with me seeing how it hasn't happened before. In the past I've taken clomid and I previously had an IUI due to my first husband having a low sperm count. My second husband was tested and didn't have any issues. We tried for about 10 months.

I am currently taking maca powder in the gelatinized form to see if maybe it will help me conceive.

I would love to hear from someone who's in the same boat or possibly someone who has succeeded in getting pregnant using maca powder with no known issues. It's so stressful to have everything working, but it doesn't work like it should and no one knows why.

Thanks,

Ms Nae

Me: 35
DH: 35
No known issues for either of us
TTC #1
#2 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 AM

I've not had the same issues but I feel I should wade in here - I have a medical background and I would say that whoever has told you that Sjogren's shouldn't affect fertility is missing an important point.  As Sjogren's attacks fluid producing glands, it's entirely possible that you're not producing enough watery mucus to help the sperm travel up to meet your egg when you ovulate. 

It's fairly easy to fix that though - there are some great conception friendly lubricants on the market.  I used pre-seed to help us after I had gynecological surgery but there are others with good reviews too.  If you're not already, then you should also lie down with your legs and hips propped up for at least 30 minutes after BDing to help the fluid do it's magic and stop the sperm leaking straight back out (sorry, far TMI!)  I hope it helps though.  Good luck x

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 partners.gif ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 babyf.gif ~ TTC another bundle of joy whilst breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming and raging against the routine. I love my unvaxxed boy novaxnocirc.gif
#3 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

I am aware that I have decreased moisture. I do try to use preseed, although next month I plan to be more diligent about it, especially since I'm using the maca.
#4 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 02:55 PM

taking mucinex is supposed to help with the "fluid" issue too.

(edited for less dumb)
#5 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 02:56 PM

OMG I posted in the wrong thread. so sorry!!! my mucinex comment still stands wink1.gif
#6 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

I'm gonna try that as well. I've never tried mucinex. Doesn't hurt to see what happens...:-)
#7 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 03:03 PM

I read you should take it for a few days beforehand, I wasn't super comfortable with that so I just took it the night before I O'd. this cycle I'll prolly try a couple days.
#8 of 11 Old 09-02-2013, 07:43 AM

Good luck! No experience of maca I'm afraid but I really hope it works for you

Married to Mr. Crunchy June 2008 partners.gif ~ welcomed our beautiful boy August 2012 babyf.gif ~ TTC another bundle of joy whilst breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth bumming and raging against the routine. I love my unvaxxed boy novaxnocirc.gif
#9 of 11 Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Next cycle I'm gonna start back monitoring my temps and days to see what changes the maca makes.  I was temping and monitoring everything a couple of cycles ago.  I'm so regular, there was no need to do it every month. 

#10 of 11 Old 09-03-2013, 06:25 PM

Hi, I'm also trying to conceive for the first time and started taking maca last month and fertility massage. I only took maca during the first two weeks as I read you should not take it if pregnant. Do you take it all the time?

Baby dust to you and will keep you posted if it works. 

Me: 34

DH: 33

TTC: 5 months

#11 of 11 Old 09-03-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

I have been taking maca every day because I'm also taking it for energy. I have Sjogren's which completely zaps me of energy. I started mid cycle so I hope it doesn't mess my cycle up this month.

Me: 35
DH: 35

TTC #1

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page