Convince me its too early to test!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-30-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi Ladies!

My hubby and I are really hoping that we conceived our first child this month, on the first try.  This 2 week wait is getting more difficult by the day.  I’m only at 7 DPO now.  I don’t have any symptoms.  I have 2 pregnancy tests in the cupboard and I’m really wanting to take one in the morning.  But I know how low the “positive” rate is so early…

I also feel like if I get an early negative, I will become obsessed with testing, and want to test every day.  So, convince me why I should wait a week or so!

hang.gifHappy wife and mommy to Levi (5/23/14)
#2 of 11 Old 08-30-2013, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So heres the part where I fail to convince you but try anyways:

Last pregnancy I had that feeling, the "must test now" feeling, and I tested the morning of the eighth day post ovulation (4th cycle trying for baby number 2) And there was a second line. My gut told me it was positive, but this was literally the faintest positive Id ever seen. I forced myself to wait the longest week of my life to retest. I drove myself INSANE. I don't know how I survived it. It did turn out I was pregnant, yay, and I'm holding a wiggly little boy as I type.

BUT

I still drove myself insane for no real reason. If it had been negative, I would have worried all week too. It was positive and I spent all week terrified of evaps and chemical pregnancies and suing the pregnancy test company if I went through all of this for a bfn. It added no real information, just a massive pile of manic crazy.

Bottom line, no matter what result you get tomorrow it'll just make you crazy. Best to wait. You'll still drive yourself crazy, you just won't waste a test in the process smile.gif
#3 of 11 Old 08-30-2013, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Ohhhhhhh I've been there! Many times! I too would wait! Test on Monday at the earliest wink1.gif When's your periods due?

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#4 of 11 Old 08-31-2013, 04:43 AM - Thread Starter

My periods due the 5th or 6th of Sept. I woke up at 4am with my heart racing.  This has never happened to me before.  Usually my pulse is in the mid 50's and it was about 85.  I remember reading on this forum that some women experience it in early pregnancy.  I looked it up online, and it seems like its a quite common early pregnancy symptom.  I'm holding off on the testing.  Thanks for your encouragement ladies!  I really want to join that May DDC!

delightedbutterfly likes this.

#5 of 11 Old 08-31-2013, 04:55 AM

i took a test on monday wen my period was due yesterday the friday it was negative i bought two test and had one left . even tho i was disappointed i still decided to try again the day before my period the thursday (two days ago) then i saw another single red line i angrily placed it on the counter and held my head fr couple minutes then wen i looked up the faintest line ive ever seen felt like my eyes were willing it lol i rested my eyes and looked again and it became brighter i called my husband from wrk and he rushed home saw the result and said he doesnt see a line we then went to buy the digitAL (SAME DAY) clear blue and it said pregnant 1-2 !!! im still worried cuz ive read tht the digital clear blue has given many falso positives so i bought two more tests did one friday night faint positive again and one right b4 i wrote this post lol faint line again...........its better to wait even a day b4 ur period MRS GAIL or just get the walmart 98 cents prego test and drive urself crazy like me lollol

#6 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations on your pregnancy momlovson!  I've been able to hold off testing so far. :)  9 DPO today.  My period is due in 4 days.  According to past months pattern, I should start feeling emotional/PMS-ey tomorrow, especially since I haven't started drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea like I usually do when this time of month comes.  I feel like i'll be really surprised if I am pregnant.  I've taken dozens of tests in the past.  I was convinced that "the pill" wouldn't work properly and I would harm my baby by continuing to take it, so I tested every few days like 2 years ago. :)  Then when we switched to NFP, I was convinced I didn't figure out the "safe days" properly and would test on occasion.  Now, that it's more likely we're pregnant, I'm nervous to take the test.  Maybe I'll just find out when my period does or does not come--like the women of old :)

#7 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 06:37 AM

haha do it like the old ones lol .... i got a shock this morning because i had so much pain it woke me out of my sleep im very worried but i feel ok now just light cramps sighhh i will see the doc on tuesday sigh

#8 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter

I hope everything is okay with you momlovson! 

#9 of 11 Old 09-01-2013, 07:02 AM

THANK U MRS GAIL I HOPE SO TOO ....I FEEL NORMAL NOW WITH JUST LIGHT CRAMPS BUT....

#10 of 11 Old 09-03-2013, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you lovely ladies for your tips and advice.  I "caved" yesterday and tested at 10 DPO.  No line after 2 minutes, but the faintest line EVER appeared at like 4 minutes.  It wouldn't even show up on a camera.  It was so light that I made my hubby take my other test, just to see if he got the same almost colorless line.  He didn't. :)  I was cautiously thinking I was pregnant.  Today after work I stopped at the store and got another test.  It showed positive immediately even though I was quite hydrated in the middle of the afternoon!  I'm off to join the May DDC! :))

#11 of 11 Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 PM

yayyyyyyy same thing happened to me MRS GAIL!!!! congrats!!! i told u!!!!! lol

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page