~The TTC One Thread Sept 2013~ - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 453 Old 09-23-2013, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone!

This is my 2nd month TTC. After waiting anxiously to join the May 2014 Due Date Club only to be disappointed by a BFN last week, I figured this is a better place for me to find inspiration and support. I'm not really sure where I fit in here, but I am due to ovulate on October 2nd--Waitng to O? (not sure about all the online abbreviations for things, forgive me!)

delightedbutterfly likes this.

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#362 of 453 Old 09-23-2013, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome water mama
#363 of 453 Old 09-23-2013, 02:47 PM

Welcome water mama! You'll pick up on those abbreviations before you know it, I googled a lot when I started in the forums. I hope your stay here is short and you graduate soon!

Jenjy and wifeofant, I guess we are pretty close cycle buddies. I'm not sure of my exact O date, but the lovely ladies here seem to agree it was probably cd19, which would put me at 6dpo.

I've had moderate cramps for 3 full days, which seems weird and early to me. I have had a few cycles where I'm cramping about a week before AF, but this is so early. My left nipple only (odd) is very sore, and I am an emotional wreck. Usually I am bad around AF and am a normal person the rest of the time, but I had a breakdown last night.... sobbing uncontrollably. Maybe it's just because this is our 16th cycle TTC, or maybe high emotions. I'm hopeful this cycle (even at 6dpo I have a good shot), but I think I'm scared to death to be hopeful.

Me (29) & DH (29) 9.5 years together, 2 years married, TTC since 4/2012.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

#364 of 453 Old 09-23-2013, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Thanks so much for letting me vent and have a pity party. I feel better today but still frustrated. I've decided to cancel the doc appt for Wednesday and will wait another cycle. I want to try temping and have some solid documentation on whats going on. I can tell you that I have this weird lower tummy cramping today. I think you guys are right that im stressing about it. I also wonder if my weight is an issue too ( I need to lose abt 15 lbs). Im going to let things ride another month.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#365 of 453 Old 09-23-2013, 06:56 PM

Ladies, take a look at this. So I went back and updated my tracker app and it told me that I was supposed to O on Sunday. I have dull achy cramps and pinching which is usually a sign im going to O. I updated my tracker going all the way back to April and now its saying I will O on Wednesday. Now my poor husband is going to flip when I tell him we have 3 more days of DTD. Thank goodneas we are newly weds!

#366 of 453 Old 09-23-2013, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

Ladies, take a look at this. So I went back and updated my tracker app and it told me that I was supposed to O on Sunday. I have dull achy cramps and pinching which is usually a sign im going to O. I updated my tracker going all the way back to April and now its saying I will O on Wednesday. Now my poor husband is going to flip when I tell him we have 3 more days of DTD. Thank goodneas we are newly weds!
, thank goodness you're a newlywed! It's not as fun or easy otherwise wink1.gif I gotta be honest...I'm sick of DTD!! Lmao!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#367 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post
Oh and I also often need to remind myself that if something doesn't get done... it's not the end of the world. 

One of the hardest things for me for sure!   I can relate to much of what you were saying.  My brain is always analyzing (over-analyzing ;)) and ruminating on stuff.  I deal with a person at work who lashes out a lot at everyone and it is hard not to get so stressed out because I do not ever want to screw up (perfectionist here as well.)   But I'm the one who is really too hard on myself!  Tough to break that.  I feel better when I exercise too - I have to carve out time for that.  My fave is Just Dance with the kids.  :)  We used to spend time every evening with it but it totally fell by the wayside after my surgery.  I've been wanting to start back up, but it's so easy to just say to myself, 'today is too busy but tomorrow we'll try.'  Right.  That never happens. So TODAY's the day to start.  The food situation sounds very, very difficult.  :(  My diet is restricted a bit (dairy-free, low sugar, low grains) but at least I can typically count on food to treat me the same every time!   (P.S. Go get some water right now, delightedbutterfly!)

Water Mama - welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

I want to try temping and have some solid documentation on whats going on. 

Great! 

AFM - spotting today - so I'm thinking the temp jump yesterday at CD 23 wasn't indicating O at CD 22.  So I'm 7-9 DPO. 

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#368 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 09:32 AM

I'm really glad that I am not alone in my over-analyzing. It's probably consuming my thought at least 80% of the day, "Do I intake too much soy? Are my supplements doing more harm than good?" My first child was conceived unplanned when I was 24. Now that I am married and ready to have another baby it is such a new world to me--basal body temperature? ovulation predictors? I love it, it's so exciting, and I love all the tools and resources we have nowadays, but with so many known factors my brain doesn't know when to stop. Just a small rant...

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#369 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 AM

This is kinda comforting....

#370 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mama View Post

I'm really glad that I am not alone in my over-analyzing. It's probably consuming my thought at least 80% of the day, "Do I intake too much soy? Are my supplements doing more harm than good?" My first child was conceived unplanned when I was 24. Now that I am married and ready to have another baby it is such a new world to me--basal body temperature? ovulation predictors? I love it, it's so exciting, and I love all the tools and resources we have nowadays, but with so many known factors my brain doesn't know when to stop. Just a small rant...

you and I are in the same boat! Plus we both have a 5 year old :)

I tell you what, planning for a baby is something else!

#371 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 10:11 AM

NaturallyMo--yes! I am also a newlywed--July 18, 2013. I thought it would be: wedding in July, take out IUD in August, and pregnant by September! It is only TTC #2, but I have had a bit of a reality check with all the planning turning on its head after BFN. I just really hope that those statistics don't apply to me (I am 30) because I really don't want more than a 6 year gap between my son and the new little one. 

#372 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 AM

lots more bfps since I checked in last, congrats to all of them! smile.gif

I'm just hanging out at cd24, trying not to think about it too much. not having any symptoms, unless you count the last couple days I was cleaning obsessively. but I also don't feel any sense that AF is coming. someone, I forget if it was here or my other forum, said their main symptom when they did get prego was that they didn't have any symptoms! so I'm wondering if that's me, because I sure feel prego all the times that I'm not.

I can't afford to waste tests this month, so I'm waiting til cd28.
#373 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 02:41 PM

To any of you ladies who have had a chem pregnancy- How was your next cycle impacted? Did you O as usual or later than usual? Trying to decipher some mixed signals from my body and wondering if things may be a little off time-wise.
Also, my midwife says no need to wait to ttc, but I've read in a few places that it may be best to wait a full month. Any thoughts on this?
#374 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygreenestgrass View Post

To any of you ladies who have had a chem pregnancy- How was your next cycle impacted? Did you O as usual or later than usual? Trying to decipher some mixed signals from my body and wondering if things may be a little off time-wise.
Also, my midwife says no need to wait to ttc, but I've read in a few places that it may be best to wait a full month. Any thoughts on this?
Mine was 9 years ago, so I don't recall much, but I don't think I had much change if at all. It was basically like I started a week and a half late (got BFP, then started spotting about a week later) cramps were a bit stronger than normal, and then 3 months later I was pregnant again. Had normal cycles in between. I think my dr told me too that we could try right away but I gave it a month anyway.

05/14
#375 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 07:07 PM

We are in the exact same boat (but I'm 31 yikes!). My little guy just turned 5 in August and I stopped taking my pills back in April. I think the stress of planning the wedding was the hold up then but now that we're all settled it's like,bring on the baby! It's great to know someone else shares a similar background as me  *high five to us newlyweds!jammin.gif*  our BFPs will be here before the year is out! I can feel it! 

#376 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:

I appear to have O'd later than usual, but only by a couple days.  I am not waiting to TTC.  What do you think you will do?

#377 of 453 Old 09-24-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:

Hi.

my cycles have always changed slightly after a chem, I've had 4 in the last 2 yrs.

You are more fertile in the immediate months after a m/c, your body wants to replace what it has lost.

However, after my last chem DH and I agreed to wait til my body had totally settled before ttc again, as much for our sanity as anything else.

We waited for six months in total and have conceived on our second cycle. So far all seems to be going well.

Fingers crossed for you xxx
#378 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Maybe I'm 8 DPO. Maybe. I feel like I have to have hope that I at least ovulated, conception irrelevant. If I didn't ovulate and have no signs of my fertility returning then I have no clue how long it will take Depo Provera to wear off and for us to conceive. I have a little bit of time today to run up to the store before work and buy some tests but I don't know if I should. I'm going to be crushed if its a BFN. I'm going to be worried as all heck if its positive. The earliest I want to even try testing is 10 DPO but I don't want to know if I'm going to end up losing it. I'd just pretend I didn't ovulate and go on with my life if I wasn't concerned about the good care providers getting booked. If I hadn't started charting while still on depo provera I wouldn't have had any clue.

WWYD?

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#379 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:

I take what I wrote back.  FF did in fact just move my cross-hairs to CD 22.  That's a full week after typical O and extremely unusual for me.  And what about the spotting yesterday at CD 24?  I'm with you on the mixed signals!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Maybe I'm 8 DPO. Maybe. I feel like I have to have hope that I at least ovulated, conception irrelevant. If I didn't ovulate and have no signs of my fertility returning then I have no clue how long it will take Depo Provera to wear off and for us to conceive. I have a little bit of time today to run up to the store before work and buy some tests but I don't know if I should. I'm going to be crushed if its a BFN. I'm going to be worried as all heck if its positive. The earliest I want to even try testing is 10 DPO but I don't want to know if I'm going to end up losing it. I'd just pretend I didn't ovulate and go on with my life if I wasn't concerned about the good care providers getting booked. If I hadn't started charting while still on depo provera I wouldn't have had any clue.

WWYD?

Honestly, I would want to know one way or the other.  But you've got to do what feels right for you!  

#380 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Thanks ladies- it's great to hear from people who have experienced this.

Dianna & Rosie- your success gives me hope!

Jenjy- I don't plan to wait a month- just keeping on keeping on. Sorry you're also getting these nerve-racking mixed symptoms- I was trying not to pay to much undue attention and just breathe this cycle, but not doing so great with that LoL.

Wifeofant- I think in the future I'd just rather not know if its not going to last anyway. So I totally get that POV. Good luck figuring things out.

Afm I think what's freaking me out is that although I have 3 kids, I haven't TTC since my 20s when things were effortless... I feel like maybe I'm too old now at 35!
#381 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Thanks ladies- it's great to hear from people who have experienced this.

Dianna & Rosie- your success gives me hope!

Jenjy- I don't plan to wait a month- just keeping on keeping on. Sorry you're also getting these nerve-racking mixed symptoms- I was trying not to pay to much undue attention and just breathe this cycle, but not doing so great with that LoL.

Wifeofant- I think in the future I'd just rather not know if its not going to last anyway. So I totally get that POV. Good luck figuring things out.

Afm I think what's freaking me out is that although I have 3 kids, I haven't TTC since my 20s when things were effortless... I feel like maybe I'm too old now at 35!
I am scared too that I'm too old for this! I too have 3 kids and only had to try for my 1st at age 26. Then came the chem before I was ready to "try", then got preg with 2nd DD effortlessly. And then, at 33 I had an "accident" that resulted in DS, so certainly wasn't trying then. Now I'm 37 and quickly approaching 38 and find myself trying again - thinking it should be so easy! I did have that ectopic last Feb (again, complete surprise) so I know I can still get preg, but I guess I just thought it would be easy. This is third cycle to try, but I'm not really counting the 1st 2 cycles since I had a raging yeast infection that halted the first. 2nd cycle hubby was away and I knew we missed the boat. So this is first month I thought there was a chance. Guess I just need to calm down and relax. But I just don't operate like that! Lol!

05/14
#382 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 04:20 PM

Rosie- I hear you! I too am 37 nearly 38. Whew! im not alone in this. =)And totally worried re ability to conceive etc. Esp since it took 22 months to conceive last DD.

NaturallyMo- glad you are feeling a bit more optimistic. GL dtd a few more times!

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#383 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Hey there everyone-

Excited to join this thread!  In March, when my son was 15 months, AF returned, skipped April (I may have a long cycle or just trying to regulate after pregnancy and EBF) , by beginning of June I was pregnant, by mid August I mc'd at "12 weeks", baby measured 8 weeks. Seriously counting the days for AF to return so I can start charting and get pregnant!  I noticed some signs of fertility last week and we bd a few times but I don't think we timed it right. Dr said to wait one cycle after a mc before trying anyway.  I am plowing through "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and have the process down.  I have been charting temps and CM but waiting for a period to really start figuring it out.  Never charted with my other 2 pregnancy but I don't want to wait to get "lucky", I want a second (third) baby on the way NOW! Yay babies!

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#384 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post

Rosie- I hear you! I too am 37 nearly 38. Whew! im not alone in this. =)

I am an older mom, too.  We can do this!!!

edubluv - welcome and I'm so sorry about your miscarriage.  Good luck and I hope your wait is short!

AFM - Well, I spotted more today, and when I put that into FF it changed my cross hairs again!!  Back to CD 17 (which is still weird for me, but oh well).  Going by that, now I'm 8DPO.   May as well test in the morning.... 

#385 of 453 Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 PM

Hi ladies, just popping in to say good luck to you all, hoping for a BFP for everyone here! I'm still stalking this thread. I am 4 weeks 4 days pregnant today and still worried about it not sticking, had a few cramps yesterday like AF was on her way, but maybe not... only time will tell. I'm trying to stay calm and not get my hopes up too high in case it doesn't work out as it's still very very early days.

NaturallyMo Always good to try keep healthy but I am also overweight, and by more than 15lbs! However after charting I found it wasn't affecting my cycles, I was still regular and ovulating each month.

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#386 of 453 Old 09-26-2013, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I bought a 5 pack of clear blue easy digital and took one yesterday, just to get the first disappointing negative out of the way (it was negative). Now I'm either 9 or 10 DPO and don't feel a thing. I was about 10 lbs over my ideal weight (a weight I nearly maintained for 10 years) and am currently counting calories. I'm only getting like 1000 a day but it's not because I'm letting myself go hungry. My appetite has just fallen on its face, probably a good sign that Depo Provera is wearing off and my body realizes it doesn't need the 10 lbs anymore. I'm down 3.5 lbs so far. At this point in my pregnancy with DS, I was eating everything in sight and still felt like I was starving so I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. If AF doesn't start by Wednesday and I get another BFN, I'm going to try some herbs or something to get my hormones back in balance. I don't want to wait 6 months or more to start ovulating again.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#387 of 453 Old 09-26-2013, 06:23 AM

Another BFN for me today greensad.gif I'm supposed to start anywhere from today thru Sun...don't think this is my month. I've always dreaded the idea of being pregnant ALL SUMMER LONG - so....I'll probably end up preg in two months just in time to join the Aug due dates! Oh the irony! Guess I'll just plan on moving on...

05/14
#388 of 453 Old 09-26-2013, 07:04 AM

I'm sorry to see these BFNs.  BFN for me as well this morning at 9 DPO.

Winter, I cramped in early pregnancy with DS and all was fine.

#389 of 453 Old 09-26-2013, 10:40 AM

nice to see you still hanging out with us, winter smile.gif

rosie, I don't want to be pregnant in the summer either, yuck! but I don't want to put it off another year. hope we have a/c next summer.

AFM, I'm at cd26 and starting to obsess a little. I'm also sick in bed with a feverish cold sort of thing, so I have nothing to do but symptom spot and worry. planning to test on Sunday.
#390 of 453 Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 AM

I'm feeling all over the place with my tracking. If I go back to my 28-29 cycle, I should see AF sometime around October 6 or 7. I have been cramping all week long (sometimes worse than others). I'm not sure if these are pre-AF cramps or just cramps. I have no idea. At this point, I will wait until that date to see what happens. If she doesn't show and i'm on the 55 day cycle again, then I should expect her around the middle of October (which I am not wishing for at all).

My aunt called me and said she had a vision (and she's pretty accurate). If what she says is true, then this little bean isn't too far off.

By the way, I ordered some Fertilitea. Anyone ever had any before? I figure its worth a shot shrug.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page