conception 2 days after the end of period? what are the chances? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-09-2013, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went off bc end of March beginning of April after 15 years. My cycles are as follows, starting with most recent, going backwards through Feb. 

This cycle started 8/27, was 5-7 days long (hard to tell) 
29 days, 5 days AF (may have started 1 day earlier)
28 days, 5 days AF (may have started 1 day earlier)
29 days, 5 days AF 
30 days, 5 days AF 
41 days, 7 days AF (after going off the pill) 
31 days, 6 days AF (went from one bc packet directly to another, then stopped mid-packet permanently) 

As mentioned last period started 8/27, possible still on period (just brown spotting) when I had sex on 8/31 (unprotected), again 9/2 (unprotected). Spotting on 9/4 - just light brown when I wiped after peeing a couple of times. Again on 9/6. The first sign of spotting only put me on day 9 of my cycle. I also had cramping on both of those days. Before going off the pill I haven't had any spotting in between periods. Also, if previous cycles did in fact each start a day or sooner (wasn't sure if spotting or period so I waited to log), then my dates are off...

I'm wondering if it's possible that I could have ovulated early and conceived? I can't really find anything when I google it. 

Last week or so I have been dizzy upon standing, slight headaches in the morning and seem to be much more hot than usual. I used to take very hot showers and now am taking cool showers; more cool than warm, even. 

I have been pregnant before and have a son. I had spotting with him through the 8th week. 

My biggest question is: can I conceive while at tail end of AF, or a couple days after AF??????? Of course it's possible, but I guess I'm wondering...how likely. And then, when do I even test...2 weeks after last unprotected sex on 9/2?

Thanks, ladies!

mama to an amazing kid ~ '07  ~ lover of phish, books, sunshine, bare feet, meditation, healthy living, non-gmo, creating, positive good-natured people ~ "disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government & business." -tr

#2 of 10 Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

:wWelcome to Mothering phunkymama1! It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: I don't know much about early ovulation (I do remember reading tons about late ovulation when I was TTC), but hopefully someone else will have helpful information. Anyone have experiences or stories to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 10 Old 09-15-2013, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks smile.gif

CD 15-19 cramps (also would be around normal O time)
Blood in nose CD 16 & bloating
CD 16 BFN (too soon even for 8/31 & 9/2 BD)
EWCM CD 15&16
Bloating CD 18
Today CD 19 very sore boobs

Extremely tired! I have narcolepsy, but I'm not even usually this tired. HUNGRY! Usually eat far less. Thinking of testing again CD 22 - will put me just slightly over 2 weeks from BD.

mama to an amazing kid ~ '07  ~ lover of phish, books, sunshine, bare feet, meditation, healthy living, non-gmo, creating, positive good-natured people ~ "disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government & business." -tr

#4 of 10 Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Watery almost dry feeling discharge CD 18 - this is on par with post O. But so many symptoms! Sore boobs, dizzy, headaches, tired, hunger, smells irritate me...also seem to be far more horny than previously...like noticeably so!

I know I'm pulling for straws here...

#5 of 10 Old 09-15-2013, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

headache on and off today. Cd19. Super tired. Fluid changes back to sticky white; almost dry though. Sore boobs continue. Decided I needed sweets (never ever eat) and made something at 1030 pm from what I had in house. Will test tomorrow instead of Tuesday.

#6 of 10 Old 09-16-2013, 12:20 PM

My head is all mixed up but sperm can live for a few days after intercourse. If you ovulated a few days later (like the 5th or 6th) you could have conceived then, which would be CD 10 or 11 (totally within the realm of possibility).

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 bouncy.gif   Pregnant with #2, hoping for a  stork-girl.gif 

#7 of 10 Old 09-16-2013, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

so, should I test 2w from the 6th, OR from the last day we had had sex during that time? I tested from 9/2, which put me at 2w today. BFN.

#8 of 10 Old 09-16-2013, 01:53 PM

If you conceived a few days after intercourse, you wouldn't be 2 weeks from conception yet. I'd try again in 4 days and then again if your period doesn't show up by CD 30.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 bouncy.gif   Pregnant with #2, hoping for a  stork-girl.gif 

#9 of 10 Old 09-16-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

thanks! I was almost relieved to not be in this crazy test test test mode! I'll wait til Friday!

#10 of 10 Old 09-16-2013, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Back to the EWCM...

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page