September TWW - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 102 Old 09-24-2013, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rainbow-I'm so sorry AF found you! AFM-Spotting started yesterday, continuing today. greensad.gif I completely understand about not wasting a test. I'm 33 BTW. My daughter will be 13 on Halloween! So it's been 13 years since I was pregnant! She had serious health issues when she was born and I was in no place to be having another child. I have hope for both of us. I have been reading a lot about women with the same problem. Of course it's the internet so there's a lot of self-diagnosis out there but this is what I've found so far.

I think that for some women, it is absolutely nothing and they go on to have normal pregnancies even with the consistent brown CM prior to AF or eventual pregnancy. Some seem to believe that it's low progesterone. When associated with several cramps and/or pain it could be endometriosis, fibroids or an ectopic pregnancy. So that's all I've got. I actually have orders to have my progesterone checked and just haven't had time to do it. Well, now I'm making time. Seems like that could be the first step.

Good luck and baby dust to us all!! smile.gif
#92 of 102 Old 09-24-2013, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

AFM:  I'm 9 or 10 dpo and have no symptoms other than feeling different than normal, still some small twinges, mostly on right side but very random and only lasting seconds at a time, moodiness/irritability and I just feel down and out and all these BFNs (including today's using FMU) are NOT helping.  The only hope I have is:

Of pregnant women (on one website) - here are the rates at which BFP was found:

7dpo: 20%

8dpo: 32%

9dpo: 50%

10dpo: 67%

11dpo: 78%

12dpo: 82%

13dpo: 86%

14dpo: 87%

15dpo: 88%

16dpo: 88%

17dpo: 88%

18dpo: 89%

I stopped writing down numbers at that point.  So there's still hope for me - although minimal...

After scouring through past posts from our Sep BFP's, it looks like the following were found (although I could be wrong - it's been a long day and I was trying to do this quickly):

Winter BFP at 11dpo

Phunky found her BFP at ?, but she said she had BFN 2 weeks after ovulation, so I'm just going to assume 14dpo

Jesse had BFN at 11 and 12dpo but ended up with BFP later in day on 12dpo

Teajunkie found her BFP at 11dpo

MrsRoss found her BFP at 12 or 9dpo??  Not sure which one - I'm assuming 12

RoseMom was 10 days late before her BFP (and had a BFN earlier that day)

Dianna found her BFP at 9dpo (overachiever - hehehe)

Eazar found her BFP at 14dpo with a BFN earlier that day

So, using this tiny sample of BFPs, and excluding RoseMom since I wasn't sure of her dpo, the average would be 11.85dpo before detecting BFP.  And if I remove MrsRoss since I assumed 12, that still leaves the average at around 11.5.

Hope all this info helps some others.  It makes me feel like there's still hope, but if I don't get BFP by 12dpo, I'm counting myself out.  Although I did look back to see how my last pregnancy went.  The only thing about that is that it was ectopic, so not sure how that correlates to this.  But that month I got a BFN on CD31 and BFP on CD34.  I'm regular as in 28-31 days ALWAYS, and assuming ov happens 14 days prior, that would have me at BFN on 17dpo and BFP on 20dpo.

Ok, I've analyzed all I can for tonight.  My DH thinks I'm losing my mind!  I have notes on papers in our office and am constantly checking this site!  I'm turning into a mad woman!! :dizzy

Water Mama likes this.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#93 of 102 Old 09-25-2013, 06:11 AM

Hi y'all,

Well my newest development in symptoms is low blood sugar and back pain. THe past few days my sugar has been low and making me feel awful. and last night the low back pain started, a constant ache but worse when I lay down. No sign of AF and its due Saturday. Cervix is still high, soft and closed TIGHT! lol I am not getting any more usual PMS symptoms and I usualy break out right before AF and my face is spectacular!! My boobs hurt I can't sleep on stomach but that is kind of normal for me right before AF. Hoping this sticks and AF stays away!!!! :joy:1praying

Newly wed 1 year heartbeat.gif   hoping for babyf.gif  by Christmas or at least 2014.

Baby Dust to ALL!! joy.giflove.gif

#94 of 102 Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 AM

Another BFN for me today greensad.gif so pissed! Time for me to accept that this isn't my month greensad.gif

05/14
#95 of 102 Old 09-26-2013, 09:56 AM

Hey girls! Been trying to keep busy during the 2WW. How are all of you?

AFM- AF should unfortunately show up tomorrow..... greensad.gif no symptoms at all. I would be absolutely shocked to get a BFP at this point. Not even thinking about wasting a test! So I think I have determined that my main problem is stress! I don't think there is any way I could possibly conceive right now unless I find another job or dramatically reduce my stress. For the next few weeks I am going to focus all my energy into the basics; eating healthier, exercise, and yoga everyday! We'll see how that works! Congrats to all those wonderful BFP's! Can't wait to join you!

Good luck and baby dust! wink1.gif
#96 of 102 Old 09-26-2013, 09:59 AM

bummer rosie!!  Hope next month is your month!!! I **** have a few more days before AF shows and I take a test. I'm still holdin gout hope!! lol I keep having lower back pain and the acne I get right before period hasn't showed up! my face is perfect which is usually NEVER!! I am still having some cm too. I'm confused and hope my body isn't playing tricks and i'm not reading too much into it!!

Newly wed 1 year heartbeat.gif   hoping for babyf.gif  by Christmas or at least 2014.

Baby Dust to ALL!! joy.giflove.gif

#97 of 102 Old 09-26-2013, 10:28 AM

I'm still holding onto a pinch of hope, but with sensitive hpt's and all BFN's, I've all but given up. I'm always 28-31 days and that means AF will be here today, tomorrow, Sat or Sun. I just think if I were preg, I would have seen that elusive BFP by now...still gonna stalk this thread til she shows up, but I feel I should start accepting the inevitable now. Maybe then I won't be as upset when she does show. It was so much easier when when we weren't trying at all and just threw caution to the wind. But now that I want another baby it will be impossible for me to NOT pay attention to what's going on! Part of me wishes I had never decided to want one more!

05/14
#98 of 102 Old 09-26-2013, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

How often is too often to test? Is two days in a row a little overboard? I'm either 9-10 DPO, found out at 10 DPO with DS, and had a BFN yesterday (like I totally expected). I'm using digital tests because squinting is just too much stress for me but at like $18 for a 5 pack, its going to add up if I'm testing constantly!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#99 of 102 Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 PM

I think testing every day isn't overboard...but it does add up if you're using digital or name brand. I decided if I'm gonna test every day, I'm just using the cheapos from Walmart. First Signal is the brand and they are only $.88 each, but they're not even POAS kind...they are cassette type where you pee in a cup, then drop 3 drops of urine onto the test using this syringe thing. Not very convenient, but super cheap and I've heard they are accurate and sensitive. If I had better will power is just wait to be late and then test, but I have zero patience!!

05/14
#100 of 102 Old 09-26-2013, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I've used those before but when I ran into Walmart to buy them, they didn't carry that kind. Its hit and miss. I decided that if I was going to be spending a few dollars per test that I might as well not play the squinting game and just get a digital. I got a light but definitely visible line with FMU on a FRER at 10 DPO with DS and a very quick "pregnant" on a digital test that afternoon.

I also think the above statistics are incorrect. The blastocyst can't implant until it "hatches", which doesn't happen until 5 days after fertilization. At 6 days, the blastocyst makes contact with the uterine lining (apposition, not implantation). I don't think there is any way for 20% of women to actually have sufficient hCG to test positive only a day after apposition. Since many tests only go down to 20 mui, I don't even think they'd have enough in their blood to register a positive if their urine levels were as high as their serum level (which they aren't). They may not even have the 6.5 mui I've heard some FRER tests have been able to detect. I think if 20% of women say they got their positive at 7 DPO that most of them either they miscalculated their date of ovulation or they were squinting at evaporation lines and ended up with a true positive later on by chance.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#101 of 102 Old 09-27-2013, 02:18 PM

AFM...on CD 30 and still BFN. Just wish AF would get here now so I could wait to O...so down about this. On the plus side my DDs and I have started fall decoration projects this afternoon. Maybe if I stay busy time will fly by!

05/14
#102 of 102 Old 09-28-2013, 08:06 AM

AF showed up last night....please move me to waiting to O. Just focusing on positives now: I have very predictable cycles, according to my OPK, I O'd literally 14 days prior to AF, and I already have 3 AMAZING children! Maybe next month will be the month!

05/14

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page