very early miscarriage, low progesterone. please any advice. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was taken by surprise by this pregnancy.  I was 8 days late and kept getting very faint lines on the pregnancy test that only showed up after 4-5 minutes, took a digital one and it said pregnant.  I had just scheduled bloodwork at my ob/gyns when I started bleeding and cramping.  So I went in for HCG and progesterone test and the results were called to me today.  My HCG was only 9!  And what's worse is my progesterone was 0.3!!!!!  The nurse said it was very early chemical preg and was ending and asked if we were wanting to try again and told me I could try again after the next cycle.  I asked several times if I needed to retest to make sure levels were normal in a week or anything and she said no, and that's all.  Soooo I looked up progesterone levels since that sounded low to me--even though I had no clue--I found out that 0.3 is beyond low.  the nurse never said  "hey you may need to see the dr"  or "that's low"  or anything.  I called back and told her with those levels I was afraid I wouldn't ovulate or get pregnant and she said "well, you must have ovulated, since you got pregnant"  nice, huh.  Then I asked what I should do and she just told me to use an ovulation kit and call her next cycle when I pick up ovulation and they would bring me in 7 days after ovulation to test.  My question is "Is it me or does that sound weird or what"  sounds like I might have a problem that needs addressing, but she said progesterone fluctuates throughout your cycle.  But isn't 0.3 too low for any time during cycle?  I mean if it's 0.3 during a chemical pregnancy, what is it normally?  please any advice would be great.  I don't know a lot about this yet.  I am 41 and would like to try again, but need to know if it would be in vain or if I need help.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasG View Post

I was taken by surprise by this pregnancy.  I was 8 days late and kept getting very faint lines on the pregnancy test that only showed up after 4-5 minutes, took a digital one and it said pregnant.  I had just scheduled bloodwork at my ob/gyns when I started bleeding and cramping.  So I went in for HCG and progesterone test and the results were called to me today.  My HCG was only 9!  And what's worse is my progesterone was 0.3!!!!!  The nurse said it was very early chemical preg and was ending and asked if we were wanting to try again and told me I could try again after the next cycle.  I asked several times if I needed to retest to make sure levels were normal in a week or anything and she said no, and that's all.  Soooo I looked up progesterone levels since that sounded low to me--even though I had no clue--I found out that 0.3 is beyond low.  the nurse never said  "hey you may need to see the dr"  or "that's low"  or anything.  I called back and told her with those levels I was afraid I wouldn't ovulate or get pregnant and she said "well, you must have ovulated, since you got pregnant"  nice, huh.  Then I asked what I should do and she just told me to use an ovulation kit and call her next cycle when I pick up ovulation and they would bring me in 7 days after ovulation to test.  My question is "Is it me or does that sound weird or what"  sounds like I might have a problem that needs addressing, but she said progesterone fluctuates throughout your cycle.  But isn't 0.3 too low for any time during cycle?  I mean if it's 0.3 during a chemical pregnancy, what is it normally?  please any advice would be great.  I don't know a lot about this yet.  I am 41 and would like to try again, but need to know if it would be in vain or if I need help.
Thanks!
Texas...I don't recall exactly, but I had a miscarriage in Feb and before we realized I was losing it, seems like they said 12 or 13 was bottom of the range for normal progesterone during pregnancy. They put me on progesterone supplements and it jumped up to like 26 or something. Again, don't recall exactly....mine ended up being ectopic. Hope this info helps some. Good luck. I know how ya feel. Also had a Chem preg in 2005. Seems like it was over just as quickly as I found out greensad.gif

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Texas...one more thing...I had two successful pregnancies between the chem mc and ectopic. So don't lose hope!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 09-23-2013, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thank you!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List