Did you ovulate the cycle after going off BCP? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-23-2013, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just went off BCP (Ortho-Tricycline Low) a week and half ago (last pill was on Saturday 9/13/13 and I started doing OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit) test sticks on day 4 of period (pill induced) just to be sure I didn't miss the OV if I wasn't doing the tests that early (you don't know WHEN your body is going to get back on track to it's natural state and start ovulating again) but so far all 6 tests have been negative. I'm not expecting the + till next week most likely but....I just hope that it does happen this month so that November can be our first official TTC month.

If you were on birth control pills....how long did it take for you to begin ovulating again? Did you do OPKs?

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 
#2 of 4 Old 09-25-2013, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Never tried OPKs but I always ovulated within a few weeks of going off the pill. I did notice the CP/CM signs and either concieved or got AF that month.
#3 of 4 Old 09-26-2013, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
As far as I know, it could be days or weeks. Searching google, some people have to wait a few months before they ovulate for the first time. As long as you're DTD once every 2-3 days, you're covered for whenever you ovulate. If that sounds like too much, just listen to your body and do it when you feel like it. Checking cervical mucus is also quick and free. Stretchy and clear is fertile, it's like someone cracked an egg in your hand when you find it. I know those strips will get expensive if you need a few dozen!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#4 of 4 Old 10-13-2013, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I actually got a + OPK test stick this first cycle off the pill and was surprised and shocked. I'm currently having my period now...so...I guess next month will be our official TTC cycle as this month we were more trying NOT to.

Leanne wash.gif 34, SAHM married 15 yrs to Josh geek.gif, 37.  brokenheart.gif 8/08, brokenheart.gif 7/10, babyboy.gif born 2/18/12 and brokenheart.gif 4/14. photosmile3.gif 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page