~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ October 2013 ~*~ - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-16-2013, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey. Haven't been on in a few days. Mostly been thinking about things. I'm not sure it's time for us. Money is crazy and the world is crazier. The shutdown cancelled DH's drill weekend so we're $200 'short' what we normally have to work with. Can I really trust everything to be okay with me quitting my job? It's not really a good job for a pregnant woman (stood for 8 hours today, not allowed to sit) so I'm not sure how long I'd be able to stay there once I got pregnant. My hips are killing me right now.
Maybe we need to keep waiting. DS is already too old for the baby to be much of a playmate. I just don't feel as excited as I think I should be. My heart isn't really in it like yours are.

I'll keep stalking but I think I'm going to bow out for a while.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 02:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies, could I be added under the waiting to o list please?

This is my second cycle since my miscarriage in AugustA and I'm now hoping for a summer 2014 baby. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
southbaythat is crazy! I hope you did just catch egg later. Don't want to alarm you, but when my hcgs were doing hokie things, that was my dr's first tipoff we might be dealing with ectopic. Started out normal, then they didn't rise appropriately, dropped, then started rising into thousands! Insist they keep checking your beta! Keep us posted!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 10-17-2013, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

South- I totally get the agony of the uncertainty.  When I had my chem in Aug I had to wait a week between tests and i thought I was going to go crazy.  I might have actually.  But I was bleeding and cramping like crazy so there was that...

Wife- We had to make the decision to postpone (though our circumstances were a bit different).  It's a tough call to make but in the end you have to look at the big picture and do what is right for your family.

AFM- Second day of rising temp so I am really, really hoping I o'd.  Our timing was perfect, but I am going to be cautious and not ask to be added to TWW just yet...

Have a great day everyone!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Chilling on CD20. How early on do you ladies begin testing? I guess its so many DPO, but I've no idea when/if I ov'd. I'm wanting to start temping but my OH thinks that that and ov sticks are a step too far- he's all for doing this naturally, organically and not forcing things, which is great but the uncertainty is frustrating!

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 AM

alittlemischief - If you have regular cycles I would just test when you expect/miss your next period. If that is negative and your period doesn't come then I would test again a week later.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
That's wifeofant- I'm sure if I was armed with the info I'd be an early tester though! I'm hoping I have regular cycles, but this is only our 2nd cycle off hormonal bc, so I don't know if I can expect regular just yet. Last cycle was 26days, so I'll see if I can hold off using a hpt for another week... I'm just impatient smile.gif also, I was wondering how old your DS is? Only because you mention he is getting too old for a baby to be a good playmate, I'm wondering if I'm getting to that stage too- even if I catch real soon my little treasure will be almost 4 before #2 arrives...

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
Old 10-17-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post

That's wifeofant- I'm sure if I was armed with the info I'd be an early tester though! I'm hoping I have regular cycles, but this is only our 2nd cycle off hormonal bc, so I don't know if I can expect regular just yet. Last cycle was 26days, so I'll see if I can hold off using a hpt for another week... I'm just impatient smile.gif also, I was wondering how old your DS is? Only because you mention he is getting too old for a baby to be a good playmate, I'm wondering if I'm getting to that stage too- even if I catch real soon my little treasure will be almost 4 before #2 arrives...
My DS will be 4 before I have another. But DS is 5 yrs younger than my youngest DD and they are great partners in crime!

05/14
Old 10-17-2013, 10:55 AM

He'd be 3.5 or 4 but he's so used to playing with older kids (cousins) so he's getting to be pretty rough. He bruises me playing "cannonball". I joke that he developed his love for jumping in beds as a fetus, lol. If I laid on my left side he wouldn't let me get any sleep. I'm not sure how well he'd understand that babies can't do that kind of stuff. He's never played with a smaller child. I don't really know anyone else who has had such a "large" age gap without any kids in between. My grandma was wondering why I hadn't already gotten pregnant at DS's 1st birthday party! Aye.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 AM

Hey ladies

WifeofAnt- tough decisions are at hand I guess. Hope it all works out for the best for you. Weren't you the one with the awesome job offer a bit ago? And were torn between taking it and continuing ttc? If so, maybe that is the answer?

Southbaymama- wow. you are going through so much! Am SO hoping for you that this indicates a viable pg and a sticky bean! in the right place! Hon, did you earlier have higher beta that dropped or was it just one low number that you got initially? :1praying 

jenjy- yaya for up temps! Re chart- if mine is already up cool. If not I'd like it :) Ta.

Sooooo kinda driving myself for a loop here. Temp still good. DId NOT test this morning with FMU. Did not want to lose all hope at 11dpo if it was BFN. Buuut did test with SMU and kinda maybe sorta see something? A squinter of sorts. IDK. Don't want to get hopes up. But drat they are up anyway. Why do I do this to myself. argh argh argh.

I'll show a pic or 3 and you tell me what you think, okay? If I have any reason to hope or am I just insane. Kinda holding out hope that since it is that new dollar tree kind Assured, and they aren't supposed to be accurate til day of missed AF that there is still hope anyway. like if I had a FRER right now that was BFN I'd feel more sure. Certainly if it was pos I would feel sure. :D

Here goes

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=38646

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=38649

Thanks for looking!

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Please add me to the list of trying to conceive! I fear I may have bolded too many words, but just following directions. I have been haphazardly trying to conceive for around 6 months but am making it my mission to succeed as of now. I have a very nearly 6 year old from a previous marriage and he was conceived immediately without even trying. So this is a bit interesting.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

He'd be 3.5 or 4 but he's so used to playing with older kids (cousins) so he's getting to be pretty rough. He bruises me playing "cannonball". I joke that he developed his love for jumping in beds as a fetus, lol. If I laid on my left side he wouldn't let me get any sleep. I'm not sure how well he'd understand that babies can't do that kind of stuff. He's never played with a smaller child. I don't really know anyone else who has had such a "large" age gap without any kids in between. My grandma was wondering why I hadn't already gotten pregnant at DS's 1st birthday party! Aye.

My godson was 5 when his baby sister was born.  He's very much a rough and tumble boys' boy, but he has been beyond amazing with his sister and my little girl (they were born 8 weeks apart).  Your son might end up surprising you!

Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post

Hey ladies

WifeofAnt- tough decisions are at hand I guess. Hope it all works out for the best for you. Weren't you the one with the awesome job offer a bit ago? And were torn between taking it and continuing ttc? If so, maybe that is the answer?
It's too late to beg for a second interview. I'd have to reapply and wait another year to get back to the point I was stopped at, meaning I'd have to delay TTC until at least 2018 or 2019 (can't get pregnant until I'm certified).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post

My godson was 5 when his baby sister was born.  He's very much a rough and tumble boys' boy, but he has been beyond amazing with his sister and my little girl (they were born 8 weeks apart).  Your son might end up surprising you!
I don't doubt that 5 years is a good interval, it's definitely long enough for him to be a confident big brother. I'm 5 years older than my youngest brother (and 17 months older than the middle child).

Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM

I just found thise on FF and it's the percentage of positive Pregnancy Tests by brand on 7DPO. Personally, after being through one possible CP once I am waiting until at least 14 DPO to even bother with testing. But I remember some discussion about which brands are used most. Just thought it might interest some of you! orngbiggrin.gif I hope you all are having a wonderful day!

Brand %
Accuclear 15.1
Answer Early Result 19.4
CVS 19.6
Clearblue Easy 12.0
Clearblue Easy Digital 11.0
Confirm 25.0
Dollar Store Brand 15.9
Equate (Walmart) 16.9
First Response 16.0
First Signal 28.5
Internet strip 19.0
OSOM hCG Urine 62.5
One Step 17.2
Target Store Brand 20.3
Wondfo Early Test Strip 25.4
Wondfo Onestep Test 20.3
e.p.t. Certainty Digital Test 17.1
e.p.t. Home Pregnancy Test 15.4
Old 10-17-2013, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

@Tara2 I see something on both of the tests :) FXed!!!!!!

@WifeofAnt Our DD's are 3 years apart and it is AMAZING. However if we are able to conceive again then our youngest will be 6 from this point of EDD's onwards. It bugs me a LOT but I really want another child. So they'll all just have to deal!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 10-17-2013, 02:41 PM

Jenjy - I have updated my chart with as much as I could remember. I know we just BD'd one time that week so it would be crazy to have conceived! My doctor thinks that it could be a newer pregnancy or maybe something funky going on with an ectopic. I will have another beta test tomorrow and maybe Sunday or Monday. I will keep you all posted as soon as I know more!

Wifeofant - My DD will be at least 6 years older than our next one. I agree that with the larger spacing they wont be able to play with eachother right away, but it will make have a baby so much easier when you don't have a toddler running around! Just do what's best for you and your family, please keep us updated.

Anita caffix.gif , married to the best fuzmalesling.gif, mom to DD 6energy.gif, TTC#2 babyf.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpg,bfinfant.gif, andcd.gif!

Old 10-17-2013, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Tara - I DO see a faint line on that first one!  Can't wait to see the next set of results... keep us posted.

Eve - welcome!

Southbay - I know you must be wishing it could just be simple and normal.  I read some accounts online and the results you're getting have so many possibilities - from a CP to twins. I just hope your wait to find the answers isn't too excruciating. 

louloudeer - that testing info is very interesting - thanks for sharing.

Re those age gap comments, my brother and I are 6 years apart (he's older) with none in between.  We were like peas and carrots my whole life.  Great pairing, although he did tease the heck out of me as a kid! 

Old 10-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay afm I'm cycle day 26 and I believe about 10dpo have not tested yet. Been queasy some since yesterday and my boobs are really sore today so I'm really hoping I'm pregnant smile.gif lol I'm prob gonna test on Sunday lol should I or should I wait?? Also I wanna add this last night I had a weird dream that my boobs started leaking kinda like they did when I was pregnant towards the end where thy leaked a little could that mean anything? Just curious about dreams like that lol input would be awesome lol
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM

Oh gosh innacircle and delightedbutterfly. You really see something too? Eek thought it was just me. Fully expecting this to be nothing though, just another trick squinter test. Sigh. I've had so many of those. I have to admit I would be beyond shocked if I got a BFP right now. Out of tests at the moment so hopefully can get another tonight.

Will update.

Oh and re the age gap thing. My oldest DD is 6 years older than DD2. It actually worked really well for us.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

Old 10-17-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjp1109 View Post

Okay afm I'm cycle day 26 and I believe about 10dpo have not tested yet. Been queasy some since yesterday and my boobs are really sore today so I'm really hoping I'm pregnant smile.gif lol I'm prob gonna test on Sunday lol should I or should I wait?? Also I wanna add this last night I had a weird dream that my boobs started leaking kinda like they did when I was pregnant towards the end where thy leaked a little could that mean anything? Just curious about dreams like that lol input would be awesome lol
Don't wait!! Do it! Hoping for you!!

05/14
Old 10-17-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:

Oh gosh innacircle and delightedbutterfly. You really see something too? Eek thought it was just me. Fully expecting this to be nothing though, just another trick squinter test. Sigh. I've had so many of those. I have to admit I would be beyond shocked if I got a BFP right now. Out of tests at the moment so hopefully can get another tonight.

Will update.

Oh and re the age gap thing. My oldest DD is 6 years older than DD2. It actually worked really well for us.

Tara, I think I see a very faint pos.gif on both! I am waiting on hubby to get home so I can run out a get a few more dollar tree tests too! 

AFM, Thank you ladies for all the support and speculation. It has really made the waiting more bearable. I have been POAS all the time like a dollar tree addict. I ran out yesterday so I'm once again going to make a late night run. The poor cashier at dollar tree must think I'm insane! Here is a picture of my tests from yesterday; they appear to be getting darker.

:bgbounce 

I am totally failing at not getting my hopes up!   

Do you ladies think it's a big deal if I take my blood test in the morning instead of evening? It will make it more like 40 hours instead of 48. Unfortunately I'm going to be traveling tomorrow plus I don't want to wait!!!

Right: 10am

Left: 4pm 

Anita caffix.gif , married to the best fuzmalesling.gif, mom to DD 6energy.gif, TTC#2 babyf.gif

Old 10-17-2013, 09:19 PM

Southbay - why do you new a blood test? It seems like your levels are going up fine by the urine tests. My doctor with DS wouldn't have even given me one if I asked, I just got asked to pee in a cup and come back at 10 weeks, lol.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
AF showed up today and now that the government has reopened, I am back at work. Woohoo! Please move me to waiting to O. Hopefully I will O during the next cycle.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Very fast fly-by -- I would say southbaymama that the first test you saw a couple weeks ago was an evap and you are now seeing legit positives ... that are getting darker just as one would expect.  I am very hopeful that all is well!!   Feeling very good about it! 

I will be back on in a bit to update the list.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
Old 10-17-2013, 09:36 PM

Wifeofant, We are doing the blood tests because I had 3 positive urine tests 2 weeks ago then all negatives after that. I was at the doctors office on Monday and got another negative urine test, I got my first positive urine test in two weeks on tuesday. We originally thought I had a chemical pregnancy and now it's looking like it could be a newer pregnancy or maybe an ectopic. 

Jenjy,  I'm really hoping that's the case! Two of the positive tests from before showed up within the time limit but they were the really cheap internet tests!

Old 10-17-2013, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Hey. Haven't been on in a few days. Mostly been thinking about things. I'm not sure it's time for us. ..

Aw, WifeofAnt.  I was sad to read this.  I'm sorry.  Hopefully you will come to a decision that feels right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnaRising View Post

Hi Ladies, could I be added under the waiting to o list please?

This is my second cycle since my miscarriage in AugustA and I'm now hoping for a summer 2014 baby. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome!  I have added you.  I'm very sorry for your loss!  

Quote:

jenjy- yaya for up temps! Re chart- if mine is already up cool. If not I'd like it :) 

Yep, you are set!  It was already there.  

I do see something on your test when I zoom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve Maya View Post

Please add me to the list of trying to conceive!

Eve Maya, welcome!  I will definitely add you; glad you joined us.  Could you just let me know please if I should put you in the waiting to O (pre-ovulation) section or waiting to know (post-ovulation) section?  Thanks!!  I'm guessing the waiting to O section and will put you there for now.  :)  Just let me know if/when to move you!  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbaymama View Post

Do you ladies think it's a big deal if I take my blood test in the morning instead of evening? It will make it more like 40 hours instead of 48. Unfortunately I'm going to be traveling tomorrow plus I don't want to wait!!!

I wanted to type more earlier but was rushed.  I wanted to add that yes, I would go for the 40hr if you can't make the 48.  Also, really the clues are pointing toward the internet cheapies from two weeks ago being false positives.  Look how low your temp was when you saw those... it really didn't look like you had even ovulated yet.   And look how high now.   I'm really thinking you ovulated around when you saw the false positive.  And oh my gosh, I just remembered reading a post on here a while back about someone who actually was able to catch LH surges on the internet cheapies hcg tests (even though that isn't supposed to happen.)   And I myself have seen I'm sure what was a false positive on the internet cheapie (within the time limit and pink as can be --- that's why I threw mine out!)  I did get a legitimate positive on those one cycle (confirmed with other brands) but I am pretty certain I got a false positive with them in another cycle.  OK, one thing I want to throw out there -- I just want to suggest to make sure your doc goes with the later date for your due date.  If they go by LMP, they'd give you a due date probably 2 weeks earlier than it should be.  Yes, I'm thinking of your due date... that's how positive I am feeling about this for you!  :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

AF showed up today and now that the government has reopened, I am back at work. Woohoo! Please move me to waiting to O. Hopefully I will O during the next cycle.

I'm very sorry to see this, NaturallyMo.

By the way, I LOVED hearing everyone chiming in with the big-age-gap stories.  I'm looking at a big age gap here, but there was a pretty big gap (almost 5 yrs) between DS and DD so I already know big gaps work well in this family!  Plus there are big gaps between my siblings with nothing bad to say about them.  So it's not a HUGE concern for me, but I always like to see positive things about big gaps.  :)  

Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

And oh my gosh, I just remembered reading a post on here a while back about someone who actually was able to catch LH surges on the internet cheapies hcg tests (even though that isn't supposed to happen.)   

Ah ha!!!  I found it!  

Here is the post from a mama who got a positive on a Wondfo (same as your internet cheapy) around the time of ovulation!!! (Bolding mine.)  Original post here.

Quote:

Just wanted to chime in with my Wondfo experiences. During my last clinical pregnancy, I used Wondfos and got a light but definitely visible line at 12dpo -- had a beta the next day and my HCG was 17, so it picked it up at a very low level. I actually also tested at 8dpo and 10dpo and had super light lines on those days as well but wrote them off. I continued testing until my HCG was at about 12,000 and it continued to get darker. I noticed it didn't get as dark as the control line until my HCG was in the hundreds, though.

Since that pregnancy, I've had Wondfos pick up several chemical pregnancies, too. They do seem very sensitive.

But! Here's something weird. An RE told me that he suspected some of my "chemical pregnancies" were actually LH surges being picked up by the HPTs. I honestly thought the man had no idea what he was talking about... I'd heard about OPKs picking up HCG, but not HPTs picking up LH. So I decided to test his theory... the next time I knew I was having an LH surge, I tested with a Wondfo HPT. Sure enough, I got a light positive, on 3 separate tests. I tested again after my LH surge was over, and the HPTs were negative.

So there you go. Wondfos are great at picking up low levels of HCG... and also high levels of LH!

Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbaymama View Post

Tara, I think I see a very faint pos.gif on both! I am waiting on hubby to get home so I can run out a get a few more dollar tree tests too! 

AFM, Thank you ladies for all the support and speculation. It has really made the waiting more bearable. I have been POAS all the time like a dollar tree addict. I ran out yesterday so I'm once again going to make a late night run. The poor cashier at dollar tree must think I'm insane! Here is a picture of my tests from yesterday; they appear to be getting darker.

:bgbounce 

I am totally failing at not getting my hopes up!   

Oh my gosh southbaymama, do you think so? That would just be crazy. Oh and I can definitely see the BFPs on your tests! That looks like the same kind of DT I have used. Are those the new one they carry called "Assured" or are they new choice, the old one? You are the first I've seen in an online group using these besides me if so. If your recent BFPs are from just getting a positive now, how many dpo do you think you are now? KWYM re checkout time with the tests. There's always that awkward moment while checking out, where I'm not sure where to look or what to say. I'm all nervous that the cashier thinks I'm crazy. Especially DT cuz I have bought, in previous cycles, up to 10 (yes 10!)  Bolt.gifat a time. I know. Obsession much? I think that time I said something like, 'and it's still cheaper than one regular brand test'.:love Oh and last month I bought 5 or 6 at once, I said something like, 'hey I gotta know!' Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

Yep, you are set!  It was already there.  

I do see something on your test when I zoom.

By the way, I LOVED hearing everyone chiming in with the big-age-gap stories.  I'm looking at a big age gap here, but there was a pretty big gap (almost 5 yrs) between DS and DD so I already know big gaps work well in this family!  Plus there are big gaps between my siblings with nothing bad to say about them.  So it's not a HUGE concern for me, but I always like to see positive things about big gaps.  :)  

Aw thanks! Gosh you might see it too? Hazah, when all is said and done at least I know other people can see my crazy. :rotflmao

Thanks a million for looking everyone. There are a few things making me think something's up. Crazy CF, possibly triphasic chart, the weird onion smell in our house, and just a feeling. Going to  get more tests tomorrow and we'll see...

Oh and I completely forgot to add when I said that about my 6 year child gap, the reason why it worked for us, at least one reason, is that DD was old enough to be a big help. And also not a toddler herself. And really, with a close spacing -- I know cuz I have one of those too. DS is 2 years exactly younger than DD2 it does get nice that they can play later on, but no older sibling is playing with a newborn. It takes awhile I think when DS was 18 months to 2 years was when they started playing together a lot. But they also fight a ton too! Maybe that's just my kids. Oh and FYI we have a kind of 'medium' age gap too. DS is 3.5 years older than DD3 (our surprise blessing after near 2 years of trying baby). I think that spacing is good cause DS was old enough to understand more what was going on, and when he was born DD2 was just so little and needy still herself. Then again, I think DS took it the hardest and felt more displaced cause he had a longer time to be the baby before a younger sibling arrived.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:16 AM

Please move me to TWW.... Now the real agony begins!!! I swore up and down that I was NOT going to test early, but we have a family wedding on the 26th and I kind of want to know if I can toast the couple or not!  I am going to test on the 24th, which puts me 10 DPO.

Seems like great things are happening in this group today!

And along the lines of internet cheapies detecting LH surges.....I had the total opposite a couple years ago.  I had internet cheapie OPKS that for a bout a week straight came back positive.  That was when I decided to take a FRER and surprise! Positive it was.  Sometimes it seems like science doesn't know a darn thing!

:joy:love:blowkiss

Old 10-18-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post

Please move me to TWW.... Now the real agony begins!!! I swore up and down that I was NOT going to test early, but we have a family wedding on the 26th and I kind of want to know if I can toast the couple or not!  I am going to test on the 24th, which puts me 10 DPO.

Seems like great things are happening in this group today!

And along the lines of internet cheapies detecting LH surges.....I had the total opposite a couple years ago.  I had internet cheapie OPKS that for a bout a week straight came back positive.  That was when I decided to take a FRER and surprise! Positive it was.  Sometimes it seems like science doesn't know a darn thing!

joy.giflove.gifblowkiss.gif

LH strips are "supposed" to detect hCG. It's like reading a book looking for a specific word, LH would only be looking for "-tion", not completely specific but good enough, while hCG strips are looking for "station", a more specific target. Both will turn positive at "station" but only one will turn positive at "infatuation". hCG is more specific and is even used as a chemical ovulation trigger in place of LH during fertility treatments.

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List