~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ October 2013 ~*~ - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 507 Old 10-20-2013, 07:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Delighted -- that could explain your temperature staying up.  :hug

Tara and scjp -- I don't really see it on the blue tests.  :(   Keep trying! 

AFM - temp drop yesterday at 8DPO.  I knew I would get excited if it went back up today because that would have been prime implantation dip time! Buuut, it stayed low.  Bummer!

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#362 of 507 Old 10-20-2013, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjy View Post

Delighted -- that could explain your temperature staying up.  hug.gif

Tara and scjp -- I don't really see it on the blue tests.  greensad.gif    Keep trying! 

AFM - temp drop yesterday at 8DPO.  I knew I would get excited if it went back up today because that would have been prime implantation dip time! Buuut, it stayed low.  Bummer!

Jen, I had a big temp drop at 4 dpo and a minuscule one at 5. I'm beyond devastated, I just don't know what is wrong here. To make matters worse I feel cramps today greensad.gif I am considering trying to get an appt with my gyno as something is obviously wrong here. But they told be before that you need to be trying for 6 months before they would run tests. I might lie lol. Major bummer:(
#363 of 507 Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Just a note for anyone who is TTC their first baby...I know the months seem to drag by, and it feels like something must be wrong if it's taking awhile, but it IS TRUE what they say about it possibly taking up to a year. My first pregnancy took 11 months to achieve, but it's been relatively simple since then. I have 3 healthy children and have had two losses. And there was nothing wrong, and I had perfectly regular cycles. Hang in there and don't give up! It will happen!!
russell27 likes this.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#364 of 507 Old 10-20-2013, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can you please add me to waiting to O ( though waiting to know will be appropriate any moment now) thank you!
delightedbutterfly likes this.

Me wash.gif DP blowkiss.gif DS 5/01 geek.gif & trying for stork-girl.gif
#365 of 507 Old 10-20-2013, 07:16 PM

I guess we're going to keep trying. I'm not 100% sure but DH is trying to comfort me the best he can. Now I'm thinking other things like maternity support belts (my abs are horrid after DS and I stand several hours a day) and how in heck I'm going to be able to hide my baby bump. We're hoping to not tell anyone until we know the sex but I know its going to take a miracle to make it that long without someone noticing.

I think I'm going to ovulate in the next few days though. We're trying PreSeed (immediately before DTD) and Instead Softcups (immediately after DTD) this month. Maybe it'll help, hopefully it won't "sway blue", lol. I think I'll be far more sure of #2 being our last if we have a girl this time. If we have a boy I think I'll end up with that "one more try" feeling. I want to feel done at 2.

Which reminds me, there was a family who came to where I work with 7 kids. Boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, girl. I wonder how they felt about that!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 bouncy.gif   Pregnant with #2, hoping for a  stork-girl.gif 

#366 of 507 Old 10-20-2013, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
@WifeofAnt the Dr who removed my gallbladder had 7 daughters (we had just had our first and I refused to be admitted without my DD with me. Since My liver was shutting down and I was pretty critical, they admitted both of us and put us in a private room so I could nurse on demand. Despite my intense pain I refused all meds so she wouldn't have formula. So we did lots of talking about babies wink1.gif ) and when my FIL had him a few years later for surgery he had 9 daughters at that point wink1.gif

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25********35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#367 of 507 Old 10-20-2013, 10:54 PM

Hi, I'm new on this thread. TTC #2. #1 is 7 years old and was an 'accidental' pregnancy with a different partner than my current. This is our 2nd month trying. Last month we tried all around day 14 of my cycle. I'm not sure I ovulated at all!

I got some Vitex and have been taking that. I think I ovulated yesterday so will be waiting to see. I can see how trying month after month can be frustrating and discouraging. The waiting game...

I'm due for af Nov 1st or so..... Hoping for a July baby femalesling.GIF
saharaviolet likes this.
#368 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 05:07 AM

@WifeofAnt - Carefully check the labor laws in your state. I don't know what kind of work you do but I managed a group that was supposed to stand all day (bank tellers) and when someone was pregnant we made "reasonable accommodations". Labor laws are surprisingly supportive of pregnant women and you may be surprised. I would check all federal and state laws thoroughly as well as your company policy. Trust me, no company wants the repercussions of discriminating against a pregnant woman!
WifeofAnt likes this.
#369 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMoon View Post

Hi, I'm new on this thread. TTC #2. #1 is 7 years old and was an 'accidental' pregnancy with a different partner than my current. This is our 2nd month trying. Last month we tried all around day 14 of my cycle. I'm not sure I ovulated at all!

I got some Vitex and have been taking that. I think I ovulated yesterday so will be waiting to see. I can see how trying month after month can be frustrating and discouraging. The waiting game...

I'm due for af Nov 1st or so..... Hoping for a July baby femalesling.GIF

I am a big advocate for Vitex!

#370 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

AF is gone! Yay! :joy  I swear I felt like a raging river was going on down there. Anyway, here's hoping I O this month. DH is sick is as a dog night now sneeze.gif so I am sleeping in the guest room because I do not want to catch his coodies. I must say, I slept pretty darn good last night too LOL

I'm going to restock on the PreSeed and see what happens with that this month. Still taking my prenatal vitamins and thinking about some teas.

Is anyone else dragging because its Monday I was going strong today until lunchtime. I may need to shift my bedtime again.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#371 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMoon View Post
 Last month we tried all around day 14 of my cycle. I'm not sure I ovulated at all!

Not everyone ovulates on day 14. Even for a 28 day cycle you could have a luteal phase anywhere from 10-16 days, meaning you could ovulate anywhere from cycle day 12 to cycle day 18. Do you check your cervix at all? Just tuning into your mucus can tell you a lot about when you're actually fertile.

southbaymama likes this.

#372 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Looks negative to me. I think some of us with extra blue dye tests like those should have our husbands pee on them to see if we can get negatives to compare our squinters to. I only ever buy FRER and digital tests now.

I agree, I have almost always seen false positives and evap lines on the blue dye tests! 

Quote:

I guess we're going to keep trying. I'm not 100% sure but DH is trying to comfort me the best he can. Now I'm thinking other things like maternity support belts (my abs are horrid after DS and I stand several hours a day) and how in heck I'm going to be able to hide my baby bump. We're hoping to not tell anyone until we know the sex but I know its going to take a miracle to make it that long without someone noticing.

I hope everything works out for you! I know with my first pregnancy I was in a labor intensive job (I got hired at 3 months without telling them I was pregnant) around 6-7 months they moved me to a position where I could sit down and take more breaks. I know in California they are required to make accommodations! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post

Grrr. A total squinter. But it was there in the time limit. What do you think?d Anyone see what I did? Should I count myself out at 12dpo? A BFP would make itself known by now, yes? 

Any more news?!

AFM, It's offical I'm pregnant! :rotflmao:joyI got my last beta test back and it is 132! I am sill having trouble believing it but my logical brain knows it's true. It's weird that after about 4 months of trying my head it still spinning from the reality of having another child! I think it is going to take a few weeks for it to really set in!  :dizzy

I still want to lurk around here and share in all of your joy and excitement as you all get BFP's! Thank you all so much for you support and input during this crazy time! thanks.gif 

Anita caffix.gif , married to the best fuzmalesling.gif, mom to DD 6energy.gif, TTC#2 babyf.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpg,bfinfant.gif, andcd.gif!

#373 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 11:06 AM

SouthBay - YAY!!!!! How exciting! More good mojo for the group!

Naturally - I am dragging too.  I had a little too much weekend!

Oregon - Do you temp? I suspected that I always ovulate later but it took temping to confirm it for me.  Basically we DTD every other night  from when AF stopped to when my temp went up!

#374 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 AM

Can you send me the link for the BFP list
#375 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Yes, i've been paying attention to my mucous. I'm a midwife so i'm aware i might ovulate later. Thanks for the reminder though! My partner and i will definately keep the intercourse going for next several days. Thanks ladies!
#376 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 11:52 AM

I will try temping next month if i don't get a pos preg test.

Southbay: a big congrats to u!
#377 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 12:09 PM

Hey all..

Southbaymama- yayyyyyyy!!!!! So happy for you! :joy

NaturallyMo- Oh yes I hear you on the day 2 of AF! Feeling it right now actually. Glad you are feeling so positive now! Feel sure it's gonna happen for you.  BTW are you still running? I am but sometimes wonder if the running could in any way affect implantation or something. I know a lot of runners get pg but maybe they aren't old with previous SI like me.. What do you think?

WifeofAnt- to be honest I am glad you are still going to be joining us! Hope everything works out for you.

scjp- what? didn't you advise me against blue dye tests like the ones we both just took? :lol That's okay, we gotta test with what's on hand sometimes. Sorry hun I don't see it though.

delighted- if you are wondering if you maybe had a chemical I don't know what to tell you. I was wondering the same thing last month because AF was super heavy and long with bad symptoms and I was convinced by a squinter or two. I think it's really hard to tell unless you get a beta done. Even then it may not show anything. I'm sorry.

Sorry for not getting to everyone too.

So a second EPT the next day looked pretty negative, had a faint line after 30 min so I was still a bit hopeful but not much on Saturday 13 dpo especially cuz 13 days is usually my longest LP and what's more temp was still high that day. Usually it's been starting to drop on day 10, 11, 12 or certainly by day 13 and then goes below CL day or day after AF starts. So even before she shows I know a day or two earlier that she's coming. Not this time. So I got a FRER and tested on evening of 13dpo and BFN, big drop to CL on 14dpo and AF that day. :(

Spent a day feeling sorry for myself but more positive now. No idea where we go from here. The bummer here is that we have talked about not TTC anymore if this cycle was a bust. Or waiting for I don't know how long. As I have said before, we agreed if we are going to have another it's got to be in the next 2 years, before I'm 40. Not that it's bad to have kids over 40 at all. Many ladies successfully do and more power to them. We just need to be done by then, because of past m/c and history of SI and I the risks increase enough past 40 that we don't personally want to take them. Hope that makes sense. I am 38 next month. If you are over 40 TTC reading this that is not meant as a criticism at all, I promise, and I wish you success!

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#378 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm sorry @Tara2 that is a bummer. I have high hopes that this will happen for you way before 2 years though.

Saw the dentist today and the hygienist agreed that with the amount of swelling and pain I had during the TWW to how my mouth looked today (very little inflammation) she wouldn't have been shocked if it was a chemical since I've experienced pregnancy gingivitis before. Of course without a beta around the 8DPO test I wouldn't be able to confirm it but many signs lead to yes. Oh and yesterday I woke up feeling different and everything "down there" was back to normal and no more spotting an my temp had dropped... So... Blah!

These next two months we'll probably try but without any real vigor... EDD's would be right around both of our DD's birthdays wink1.gif if it happens it happens but if it doesn't I wonky be too sad. Aug is worse than this month only because of the number if family birthday' see already have then. DD1 was born on BIL's birthday and when have another a week later. So I'd rather space those out wink1.gif

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25********35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#379 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 12:24 PM

oregonmoon- heck you can O as late as CD 25 or later! I know, I've done it. Many ladies do. O was CD 21 for me this past month. I've been charting cycles for years and years and it does help me know whats going on with my cycles. The norm for my O day is mostly CD 17-22. Hope that helps, just fyi. How cool you're a midwife. I love my midwives. I've had 2 homebirths, 1 hospital, and 1 birth center birth all with midwives.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#380 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 12:33 PM

Love my midwives too :) Wouldn't have it any other way!

#381 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 12:39 PM

delighted- Aww hun... :Hug     You know it's funny but this past 2ww I had bleeding gums when I flossed. Now it's back to normal. What gives?We have an august bday as well and it would be kind of the worst time of year for us to have a baby just since DH is a teacher and he and the kids all start school in August. Thanks for the vote of confidence but our last baby took nearly 2 years to conceive plus now im even older so not too hopeful. But thanks.

Hey just for information and 'fun' I'll post pics of the second EPT test and then my FRER Just to show the difference of tests.

And at 30 minutes I noticed a visible but real faint line, don't know can you see that?

Final verdict: The FRER

#382 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Hi I'm 28 first cycle of ttc. Im 8dpo...couldn't wait poas got BPN. :eyesroll

#383 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 01:37 PM

Anyone have problems with not enough CM? I know I'm fertile (soft/high/open) but its like the freaking Sahara. I took some guaifenesin but I'm not noticing any difference.

#384 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

southbay - my sincerest congrats on your good news!  It's got to be nice to be off *that* roller coaster!

tara - sorry it didn't happen as expected.  when you posted the pics again I noticed the view on my monitor changes as I shift angle to the screen... never realized that before... afraid that makes me a terrible judge of those tests :{

wife - I have had my "saharan" moments too of late.  Where in the heck did it all go?  Let us know if the guaifenesin works if you use it more than once.  I'll need to look that one up in the pharmacology books...  will post if I find anything interesting.  Also regarding your work accommodations, I don't know of any state that doesn't have protections for pregnancy.  Many small employers don't like it so they have a really tough stance on making accommodations for people (which intimidates workers not to ask for it).  However, if you ask and they can't accommodate, that would usually put you under disability (and they def don't want that).  So call the state employment office and they can point you in the right direction.  Much depends on the size of employer - 15 employees and 50 employees seem to be the pivotal numbers for certain rules.  Also - here's a link to the EEOC info on that same subject:  http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/pregnancy.cfm

AFM:  2ww continues, now on CD 22 of 24-25 day cycle.  CBFM said my LH surge was on CD 14, so I'm estimated to be 7dpo (except I got the sorest boobs starting pm CD 13 so not sure of timing - suspicious of monitor).  Sore boobs every day since and cramping since pm on CD 19 that has subsided today... finally!  I don't think I'll test until after AF is due because it would be too early.  And so I wait... and wait... and wait...

#385 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I guess I am now in the Two Week Wait section.  I wake too often in the night for the temping to be relied on but I am still doing it anyway.  I am on CD 18.  We BD'd 8 times from CD 9-17, lol! :twothumbs  More than I ever thought possible especially with a *almost* 2 year old running around.  I think we will try a couple more times.  At this point I have no idea if/when I O'd bc I have nothing to compare this month to as it is my first charting month.  I guess we shall wait and see huh?  I can see how this whole "trying" process can become obsessive for me.  Time to chill out! uhoh3.gif

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
#386 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie86 View Post

Can you send me the link for the BFP list

Cassie, if you go to the first post of this thread and scroll down toward the end you should see a list of the graduates for each month.  I had put you into the October BFP group.  Here is the link to that post: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1390763/the-ttc-one-thread-october-2013#post_17474111

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

AFM:  2ww continues, now on CD 22 of 24-25 day cycle.  CBFM said my LH surge was on CD 14, so I'm estimated to be 7dpo (except I got the sorest boobs starting pm CD 13 so not sure of timing - suspicious of monitor).  

innacircle, I'd be suspicious too!  However, after a quick Google education, the CBFM looks like a pretty reliable system...  hmm...

saharaviolet, OregonMoon, and russell27 -- welcome!  I've added you to the list!  Looking forward to getting to know you!

southbaymama - YES!!!!   :joyCongratulations!!  I hope your pregnancy goes super smoothly!  That would only be fair after the roller coaster you were on!!

WifeofAnt -- I am VERY HAPPY to see that you guys are probably going to keep trying!  So glad you're sticking around!! :bgbounce   

delightedbutterfly --  Here's another hug :Hug

Tara - aw, that is so disappointing!!!  

Kate -- I know it's so hard to see those low temps and dips!  I cheered myself up by browsing through some FF charts that sort of had similar dips to mine and still had BFPs :D

AFM - 10 DPO, stark white negative, temps still low, plus spotting for the past 3 days.  That is not an ingredient list for a BFP.  However, I still can't help feeling hopeful!   Good luck everyone!

#387 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:

Anyone have problems with not enough CM? I know I'm fertile (soft/high/open) but its like the freaking Sahara. I took some guaifenesin but I'm not noticing any difference.
I was like that last month but this month was total opposite. I like to think that made me more fertile this month. But last month I was trying to remind myself that even if you don't see it, that doesn't mean it's not there.

05/14
#388 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

List should be updated to here.

#389 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM

jenjy: everything you said above!! I second it ALL!

southbay!! So relieved to hear things are going well!!

NEWBIES! Welcome!

Man! Seems like a lot of posting has gone on today! Love hearing everyone's stories and love having everyone to bounce ideas, thoughts, concerns, fears, and anxieties off of!

Still holding steady at 9dpo. More I think about it, unless I get strong symptoms, I'm not testing til like CD30. I just like having lots of hope instead if watching it dwindle away. Of course I have the right to cave! Baby dust for everybody!

05/14
#390 of 507 Old 10-21-2013, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara2 View Post

Not much to update for me. It took some doing but I finally got a test today. EPT brand, the only kind they carried at the only store I could walk to!

2pm after a 2 hour hold I got this 

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=38744

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=38747

Grrr. A total squinter. But it was there in the time limit. What do you think?d Anyone see what I did? Should I count myself out at 12dpo? A BFP would make itself known by now, yes? 

Sorry Tara.  :(  When I originally looked at this I totally was silly and didn't realize you need a plus! Duh. Hugs to you.:hug

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page