~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ October 2013 ~*~ - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 507 Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WifeofAnt.......I've always used up all the tests I have! :) I've never had a mega pack but even with a handful I've used them all. Slightly wasteful but after seeing countless negatives I've enjoyed seeing the positive sign show up a few times. My sister-in-law gave hers away once she found out they were expecting. 

AFM: Wow I'm blown away by how many bfps there were last month. How exciting! I'm still waiting and only 4dpo. Luckily I'm super busy over the next 10 days so hopefully my mind won't be fixated on the wait. Feeling a little sea sick tonight, but that's nothing new. I've had "morning sickness" off and on for months (before my cycle returned and even after w/ no babe yet). My lovely body just like to work hard to get those hormones perfect. I'm just praying it's just another hormone surge and not that nasty stomach flu my husband has! Time to go take more vitamins! 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#32 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 02:05 AM

Hi ladies! 5 weeks 3 days pregnant here, so far so good :joypainfully sore boobs still though Owza!

wifeofant I read that too and thought last cycle may not have worked because we dtd ON my O date, not the day before O... but it worked on that day for me! So don't count yourself out if that happens to you too. 

southbaymama I totally see that test line also, congrats to you! Happy and healthy 9 months!

So many BFP's last month, hoping it continues for everyone else this month :lurk 

delightedbutterfly likes this.

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#33 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Suiann & Everyone Because This Is Just So Important - They say DTD on the day of ovulation itself is actually too late because it takes the sperm too long to swim and that DTD 2 days prior is actually the BEST day if you want to conceive, with the day immediately before ovulation coming in for a close second. (Ov-Watch says there's a only a 5% chance on the day of ovulation but a 26% chance from the day before and a 28% chance for two days before.)  In fact, it may even be too late if you wait for an OPK to turn positive before you DTD because many women have their surge within the 24 hours before ovulation (past the "best chance" window). You absolutely *need* to have sperm waiting and ready in the fallopian tubes before the egg is released for a realistic chance of conception.

Agreed!! My friend has conceived all three of her children on the first try superhero.gif and she DTD the day before the happy face appeared on the OPK. 

Here is my update: I wanted to DTD one more time last night for good measure, but DH admitted that he has caught a cold and was trying to hide it from me...hmm nono.gif So we opted for a good night's sleep in hopes that our other attempts were enough. So for me, I ovulated CD14 and we DTD CD9,11,12, and 13. Now I will try not to get sick from DH before testing in two weeks.

dust.gifBaby dust to everyone! <3

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#34 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM

Congrats to southbaymama!

To all you charting & temping ladies- can you take a look at my chart and tell me what you think? This is my first month temping and i have my own thoughts about the chart, but I am curious what more experienced eyes may see...
#35 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Southbaymama- yes i see a line! But agreed your temps look all over the place in your chart, it does look from those temps annovulatory. But a bfp is a bfp so keep us posted!

WifeofAnt- well I must add that I have gotten pregnant twice from DTD on the day of O itself.. and ONLY on that one day of the cycle, so that's how I know. Going by clear O pains and signs O was that day both times. I can even say with some confidence that one time was a couple hours before actual O, and the other time within a few hours after! This was back when my body gave clear O pains and signs, which for years it used to have done lol. That said, it was in cycles in which there was lots of fertile CF going on that day. They say the dry up is usually O day or the day after. These were cycles in which the dry up was the next day or so. I have also had tons of cycles in which the dry up is O day and have never gotten pg from DTD on O day in that type of cycle! So I bet it has something to do a lot with how fertile CF is doing that day, not just whether it is on O day or not. Just an idea.

NaturallyMo- well glad you're staying positive and glad you are still here. I mean, not glad you are still waiting, but it's nice to have your positive energy in here! Nice relaxing through stress times. I am working on that this month too.

jenjy-thank you for taking up the thread :) And delightedbutterfly- thanks bunches for keeping it so well til now! Yay for good timing this month! :)

Ah me. Well like I said I am just trying to stay chill when the temptation is to get obsessive over temps and whatnot. I have also got back into running and walking a lot more, sorry if I already mentioned this. Am slightly alarmed to have gained 4! lbs in the last 10 days when eating remains the same, just increased exercise a lot. Woah. Got into this to lose about 15 lbs, not gain. Yikes. Well I'm hoping it's a temporary glitch and keeping up the workouts. It worked for me before...

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#36 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygreenestgrass View Post

Congrats to southbaymama!

To all you charting & temping ladies- can you take a look at my chart and tell me what you think? This is my first month temping and i have my own thoughts about the chart, but I am curious what more experienced eyes may see...
When I try to look at your chart, nothing pulls up. But my phone is acting cuckoo, so it may just be me! Good luck! And loads of baby dust to everyone TTC this month!!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#37 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Nothing pulls up on my phone either. I could see it on a PC though.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#38 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

It makes me sad that not everyone has access to midwives.  Mine was the BEST and I would never go any other route. There are several in the group and I have really liked them all...Lucked out and got my "main" one when my daughter was born.  I hope someday everyone has access to  practitioners in this wonderful profession.

#39 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Subscribing to this thread- and thinking of all the creative haloween-y ways to tell hubby we are expecting a little pumpkin (should I conceive this month with a BFP in time for the holiday!) I know im obsessing rather a lot for CD5! smile.gif

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
#40 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlemischief View Post

Subscribing to this thread- and thinking of all the creative haloween-y ways to tell hubby we are expecting a little pumpkin (should I conceive this month with a BFP in time for the holiday!) I know im obsessing rather a lot for CD5! smile.gif

Its only an obsession if you already have a baby registry with a due date 40 weeks from now.... not that anyone would do that.

#41 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 PM

I have a registry and I'm not even pregnant yet. :D

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#42 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 01:33 PM

Hello ladies, not sure if anyone will remember me, but I've been frequenting here on and off since Dec and, well, came to share the good news! I've officially made it to the other side! I found out 2 days ago on 8dpo.... wow. At 39, I *can* still get pregnant. lol!

and because I know how much we all love a pretty pink line.

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#43 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Congrats!!!!!
#44 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelms View Post

Hello ladies, not sure if anyone will remember me, but I've been frequenting here on and off since Dec and, well, came to share the good news! I've officially made it to the other side! I found out 2 days ago on 8dpo.... wow. At 39, I *can* still get pregnant. lol!

and because I know how much we all love a pretty pink line.
The elusive BFP!! Congrats girl! You give me hope! I'm almost 38 and feeling older by the week!! Good luck!

05/14
#45 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

That's not ovulatory. I'm not sure any of your charts are that I can see (July-September).

I agree! On a side note I was a gestational surrogate and gave birth in February of this year. I figured maybe my cycles were all wacky because I'm only 7 months postpartum! Also, cycle day 18-24 I was taking pain medication in the evenings that might have affected my tempts. 

This morning I tested with the digital, it must have been a bad test because it gave an error and when I broke it open there wasn't even a control line! So I went and bought 2 FRERs and some dollar tree tests. I got a BFN with the dollar tree test at noon. I just used a FRER, any sane person would read it as a BFN but I swear I might see the faintest of lines. There is no way it would show up in a picture, I think I might just be seeing what I want to see. It's just so weird that I would get two false positives on the internet tests. During the last few cycles I've used the other 18 of those tests and never got the slightest hint of a pos.gif

Anita caffix.gif , married to the best fuzmalesling.gif, mom to DD 6energy.gif, TTC#2 babyf.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpg,bfinfant.gif, andcd.gif!

#46 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Hi everyone! Congrats ladyelms! that's wonderful news!

Today is my second day of being furloughed from work (stupid government shutdown) so since DH was off work this week as well, we spent today being lazy. We actually stayed in bed until 2pm DTD. Sorry! We're newlyweds and can't get enough of each other:wink

Anyway, we are still trying AF is due in a few days. I still don't think I O'd last month. I started drinking Fertilitea (one cup per day) to see if anything happens. I probably should start temping too huh? Is everyone still going the vaginal route? Would I mess up tracking if I go pee first thing the morning and then temp? 

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#47 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 07:22 PM

You CANNOT get up to pee first! As soon as you wake, but try not to even move! Try not to even sit up. Have it on your nightstand ready to go. Then you can go pee smile.gif
Water Mama likes this.

05/14
#48 of 507 Old 10-02-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbaymama View Post

This morning I tested with the digital, it must have been a bad test because it gave an error and when I broke it open there wasn't even a control line!
Digital tests don't work the same way. Even if you cracked it open and saw two lines you wouldn't be able to tell if it was actually positive or not by looking at it.

Add AFM - AF is so screwy. Spotting the first day (12 DPO), very light the second day, moderate flow for part of the 3rd day, and now (4th day) it's pretty much gone. Also, bleach water smells good... I feel sort of dumb taking another pregnancy test but I don't want to sit around and wait to ovulate again worrying whether or not I'm pregnant and don't realize it. Is it a waste of a test to check and make sure AF wasn't actually some screwy implantation bleeding? I feel like a nutter.

Edit: took a test in the morning, bfn. I guess it was just a short period.

#49 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

WifeofAnt- Thanks for the info, when I went to talk to my doc this spring about getting pregnant he was pretty much like.... DTD every other day around the middle of the month. Needless to say I like the details and still have alot to learn.

ladyelms- Congratz!

AFM- I had a huge temp drop today,like below coverline huge. I'm only 5dpo so idk wtf my body is doing. Its waaaay too early to expect AF banghead.gif 

Me: 27, endo surgery Jan 2014. DH: 27 TTC # 1 for about a year and a half. Momma to baby Castiel
#50 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 AM

NaturallyMo--I take my temp at 3 am when I am still half asleep so that I don't spike the temp with movement (for some reason I always wake up at 3). Rosie is right, it will get all messed up even if you sit up before taking it.

For me. I am DPO 2 and I feel much saner than last month (sooo hormonal and grumpy Cuss.gif). I started taking Gaia Herb's Women's Balance supplements for hormonal balance. I love them! I feel so peaceful and centered. I was worried that I have too much estrogen because I drink a lot of soy (trying to cut back).

Also, DH is home sick in bed. I refuse to get sick and risk losing a potential pregnancy this month. I won't get near him!! Might sleep in DS's room tonight. Last month I started having sore boobs DPO 3, but I think it didn't implant. Sort of feel sore on the left side today, but maybe it's in my head headscratch.gif? Trying to be patient and wait to test on DPO 14. :goodvibes

#51 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Leave it to me to forget to temp today on my first day. Duh! Thanks for the recommendations about doing it before I move. Now lets see if I can wake up on time tomorrow.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (5)
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014 ****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#52 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

The elusive BFP!! Congrats girl! You give me hope! I'm almost 38 and feeling older by the week!! Good luck!

And, that's after almost a year of on-and-off trying!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#53 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 01:01 PM

I'm waiting to ovulate—should happen in the middle of next week.

#54 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 01:15 PM

Just an update (sorry I havent been frequenting this forum) I got a BFP last Saturday! The line was darker than the control!! So there is a little contention as to when I O'd. Some say 13th, others the 20th. 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47ab11

I tested on CD32.

Congrats to all the BFPs! Good luck to all those still TTC!

belly.gifwith our first due Early June! It's a Boy!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 3rdtri.gif  39 40

#55 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congrats to all the recent BFP's!!!!!

I think I'm 4DPO but FF is refusing to give me crosshairs on CD10. Instead it wants to give me crosshairs on CD8 because I had a temp spike that day (usually do not just *that* high) but I pretty much didn't sleep at all that night and took my temp super late when I did wake up. http://fertilityfriend.com/home/28bb6f

But I guess my timing was still good either way smile.gif So we'll see what my temp is like tomorrow and see if FF will give me crosshairs again when I discard CD8 wink1.gif

But that now means I'm Waiting to Know!!! I'm happy it's not turning into another crazy long cycle a la last month!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#56 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygreenestgrass View Post

mygreenestgrass, I'm on a PC and the link just pulls up a white screen.

Winter - SO glad it is going well for you!  Please keep on popping in here to keep us updated :)

ladyelms and activia - congratulations!  Yay!!   I added you to the October BFPs!

southbaymama - yes, that is confusing.  Did you take any more tests??

WifeofAnt -- I'm sorry it was BFN.  It wasn't a waste of a test especially considering the unusual circumstances.  It's a valid way of getting information -- don't feel like a nutter!

delightedbutterfly -- I think CD10 makes sense so far, especially since your CD8 temp was not taken under ideal conditions.

AFM -- moving happily along at CD6.  My first week of waiting to O is flying by.

Also, the list should be updated to here.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and five  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14).  
#57 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Activia - Congrats!!!!!:flowersforyou What thrill and you're one our first Oct. BFPs!!

Delightedbutterfly - I agree with jenjy that day 10 seems right, time will tell! Happy 2WW to you!

AFM.....last cycle I "think" AF came only 7-8 DPO so that would be tomorrow or Saturday for me. No obvious warning signs yet, so I'm still hopefully that the witch will stay away!! Praying for a sticky baby! :) 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#58 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activia View Post

Just an update (sorry I havent been frequenting this forum) I got a BFP last Saturday! The line was darker than the control!! So there is a little contention as to when I O'd. Some say 13th, others the 20th. 
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47ab11
I tested on CD32.

Congrats to all the BFPs! Good luck to all those still TTC!

I say it's probably the 13th or 15th. That seems too dark to be 12 DPO.

Delighted - there is a manual override if you access FF from a PC.

Add: interesting fact of the day, semen contains both the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and the lutenizing hormone (LH) responsible for ovulation. Have more sex in the first half of the cycle, have healthier eggs? Maybe.

#59 of 507 Old 10-03-2013, 07:58 PM

winter so happy to hear all is well!
southbaymama have you tested anymore? Thinking of you.
Activia congrats!!!!

AFM: day 7 here. Had a bunch of OPKs from last month that expire soon...may as well start using them...wouldn't want to waste them wink1.gif I'm willing myself to get pregnant this month!

05/14
#60 of 507 Old 10-04-2013, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Well AF is here today. This is exciting for me bc first bleeding since my m/c. Waiting to O!!! Woot!

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page