~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ October 2013 ~*~ - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Watermama - Exciting to read that your friend didn't get a BFP till 18 DPO.......there's still hope for me!! :) 

Clare - :Hug BFNs are no fun.....hopefully it's just too early and you got the stress of the first test out of the way. Good luck waiting!

Rosie -  Such good news about work! With so many laid off you must be a valuable employee to be staying! 

Scjp - my disgestive track goes bonkers right around O.......too loose to constipated and back for a few days. Kind of weird.....not sure if it's related to O directly or if I just don't get enough fluids during that time? 

Jenjy - Thanks! Hope you all are feeling better soon! 

Delighted - Yes super early, glad you're not worried. I also should have just waited until Friday to test but patience went out the window! With our other kiddos I have never had to "try". I'm actually finding this waiting a little fun, if this month doesn't work for me that'll be ok too, just trying to enjoy the ride.

AFM Dissected my first HPT yesterday :) so fun to join all the other crazy mamas out there doing the same! I did get some dollar store PINK tests finally. I took one this am (SMU) and I think there was a squinter. Probably not the best time to test because I had just peed not too long before. After the time limit there was totally a faint line. DH probably thinks I'm imagining lines by now! 

Does anyone know why you aren't supposed to look after the time limit? Is that when evap lines will appear or something?  I'm 12 DPO so hopefully answers will be here by the weekend either in the form of a BFP or AF. 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#152 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
berry: a squinter sounds SO encouraging!! Keep us posted!!

I don't have a baby registry....and I'm going to go ahead and openly tease those of you that do!! Lol! But since you WILL be pregnant soon, I guess there's no harm! I do have maternity clothes I bought before I miscarried last time. Never returned them hoping I'd still need them one day! They are all long sleeve, so this is the perfect time of year for me to get pregnant!!!

Still waiting to O. This is the 2nd cycle for me to track on ovuline but I only did last month from O to AF. But it was exciting to see my "fertility score" jump from a 1 to a 3.5 today! We've DTD twice in last 4 days, so I think we're off to a great start!

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#153 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Berry--Yes! Hopefully that is the case for you too!

I noticed that you have three sons. Do you know what day you DTD in relation to O for each? Wondering if it's true about having a boy in DTD closer to the O date and a girl for a few days before the O.

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#154 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scjp1109 View Post

Ok weird question but has anyone had a symptom of diarreah as a sign of ovulating??? Reason I ask is cuz last month I had bad diarreah for a week and then cpl weeks later started my period now it's around that time and been having some dull cramps like ovary pain and now I'm havin diarreah

You know, I sort of remember reading something about that but I'll be darned if I can remember where!

#155 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

I don't have a baby registry....and I'm going to go ahead and openly tease those of you that do!! Lol! But since you WILL be pregnant soon, I guess there's no harm! I do have maternity clothes I bought before I miscarried last time. Never returned them hoping I'd still need them one day! They are all long sleeve, so this is the perfect time of year for me to get pregnant!!!

Ha! As of yesterday I have a birth plan too.
delightedbutterfly likes this.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#156 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

You know, as much of a control freak as I am, I never had a birth plan. 

#157 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

You know, as much of a control freak as I am, I never had a birth plan. 

I had a birth plan the second time, written out and everything... but I never gave it to my midwives, it simply sat on the dresser in my bedroom. I think it was important to me to write it out for me, not for anyone else :) I was in such a good place during my second labour/birth that I could have had an unplanned Csection and I would have been fine. I think though it was because I trusted my midwife SO MUCH that I knew she'd be there for me any way I wanted. 

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#158 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delightedbutterfly View Post

I had a birth plan the second time, written out and everything... but I never gave it to my midwives, it simply sat on the dresser in my bedroom. I think it was important to me to write it out for me, not for anyone else :) I was in such a good place during my second labour/birth that I could have had an unplanned Csection and I would have been fine. I think though it was because I trusted my midwife SO MUCH that I knew she'd be there for me any way I wanted. 

I'm the same way.  I adored my midwife and it makes me sad that there are women out there who don't get to have that amazing experience.

#159 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 01:06 PM

I'm really upset with where our pregnancy/birth care model is headed. Not totally surprising since we have a ridiculous large number of births and a ridiculous doctor shortage. But's it's making me worried to get pregnant!

#160 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 01:08 PM

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing great! Just checking in and starting my TWW! I haven't gotten cross hairs yet on FF but my temp started to rise this morning.....first month temping so we'll see how it goes.

I'm really looking for some advice from some of you more experienced charters! I would love for some of you who wouldn't mind to take a look at my chart! Again, this is the first month temping and I know I'll have to wait for my temp to rise before I will see any crosshairs. BTW- I think I'm addicted to temping already! Anyway, I have used an OPK CBE Digital Advanced for the two last months I had the following readings. Last month after my first High reading I started testing twice a day until Peak. The reason I ask is that I never got a Peak reading this time. I'm wondering if that might be due to stress, traveling or the fact that on CD11 I didn't do a reading in the evening. Any suggestions, tips, questions, calrifications, etc. smile.gif would be greatly appreciated! I'm so new to this so any help understanding all this would be great!

Last Cycle
CD9-7PM-huge glob of EWCM! (Sorry if TMI) Weird how something semi-disgusting can be so exciting!
CD10-930PM-High
CD11-530AM-Peak 8PM-Peak
CD12-530AM-Peak again (shows for two days according to instructions)

This Cycle
CD10-7AM-High-Went out of town, 6 hours drive!) (BD in PM, stayed in bed, propped up all night and wore softcup as soon as I got out of bed the next morning!)
CD11-6AM-High (Wore softcup for 12 hours) 6 hour drive back home Kicking myself because I didn't do OPK test in PM!
CD12-6AM-High 7PM-High Mondays are the most stressful day of the week at my job....Unfortunately CD12 or CD13 would be projected O date. greensad.gif If I did O on Monday (CD12) I was way too busy at work to notice. Drank wine.
CD13-6AM-High BD in AM, immediately used softcup, got up and went to work! Felt very naseous around 10-11AM! Stomach upset all day, gassy and VERY tired...sorry if TMI! Maybe this was O day???
CD14 Didn't bother doing an OPK because I don't think there was a reason too. Now sitting at work wishing I did! Will probably POAS on OPK when I get home.......

Thanks so much for your help and advice!

Good luck and baby dust!

thumb.png

My Ovulation Chart
|| Ovulation Calendar
#161 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mama View Post

Berry--Yes! Hopefully that is the case for you too!

I noticed that you have three sons. Do you know what day you DTD in relation to O for each? Wondering if it's true about having a boy in DTD closer to the O date and a girl for a few days before the O.

DS1 - not charting but we were on our honeymoon (a fe months after getting married) so we DTD every day the week I O'd

DS2 4 days before O

DS3 3 days before O

Hope that helps!

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#162 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 05:37 PM

Lou--Welcome to the TTW!! I feel like I have been here forever, but it has only been a week. ugh

Berry--Wow, 4 days before O?? That gives me hope. We DTD 1 day before O or 3 days before O (according to FF). I would love a girl to balance the hormones in my male dominate family, but either sex sounds great, obviously.

I was going to wait until tomorrow, but can't help share...

TMI, when I came home from work while changing I noticed yellow crusty stuff on the tips of my nipples...?I am finding a lot about this happening in pregnancy, even in early pregnancy. Is this a strong symptom or could it be something else other than pregnancy? I haven't heard anyone else mention this. I haven't breastfed for 4 years and don't remember seeing this stuff since then. I am only DPO 6-8.

Waiting to see if it was a fluke or if it persists tomorrow... fingersx.gif pos.gif

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#163 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 06:05 PM

I wanted to share this cool calculator I found of when to test and the % accuracy by brand at various dpo:
http://www.whenmybaby.com/pregnancy-test-calculator.php

Louloudeer- this is also my first month temping and i agree it is addictive! how long are your cycles usually?

Watermama- sounds like an early symptom of preg. 6-8dpo seems a bit early for symptoms like this- but you never know!

Delighted/katemonster- couldn't agree more re the healthcare aspect. I've used an OB and a midwife and the difference is night and day, and I feel it's a terrible injustice that all women aren't able to know the warm care of a midwife and a safe, normal birth. Many friends here have elective scheduled CS (for reasons other than the medical) and it makes me question how we got here- so far away from a normalized perspective and attitude towards this process. Very frustrating.

Clare- welcome & beautiful chart! Nice high temp could be a good sign for you...

AFM- Still hanging in at cd25 & 13dpo. I broke down and tested yesterday @ 12 dpo but BFN. Not surprised bc I've never had a BFP before 14dpo (I usually o around cd10-11 in a 27 day cycle.). Perhaps I'll try tomorrow @14dpo since that's when my first BFP came up last cycle in my chem preg. I'm running a half marathon this weekend so I'd DEF like to know if I'll be "running for two" and need to take it easy. Surely I'll know by then...
#164 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

I'm sorry to see these BFNs BUT I know it's early for all of you so I'm sending lots of positive thoughts!!!  :grouphug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Mama View Post

Jen--I also don't eat dairy and have lost about 12 lbs. just from the switch. As long as you are getting enough nutrients, are energized,  and don't feel hungry, why does it matter what you weigh? I'm confused--does weight effect the sex of the baby? You said you might have a girl. I am very curious!

Ha, try telling that to certain members of my extended family.  I've been big-time berated for not eating dairy and other things that I know make me sick.  :eyesroll  When my DS was a baby, I found out he was reacting to what I ate, so I went on an elimination diet and found out *I'm* sensitive to a bunch of stuff.  When he weaned, I started eating it all again because I was a grown-up and by golly I didn't care that it made me feel like crap.  But the pre-cancer last year was a wake-up call that I HAVE to watch it.  So... fast forward to today, when I've got a BMI of 17.2 ... so I see why people around me are concerned but I feel SO MUCH BETTER when I don't eat the stuff I'm sensitive to. And I do feel like I've got the nutrients perfectly balanced (although I'm taking lots of supplements to do it.)  And I feel better than I have in 10 years!!!  :D I just need to figure out how to get more calories.

But to answer your question, I've heard the theory that the "low-everything" diet will produce more girls.  Here is a link that might explain it well:    

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

Which would be great -- I would LOVE love love another girl.  (BUT wow!  My son is a treasure!  Boys are awesome!)  

Isn't it great that we just CAN'T go wrong with this?!  LOL

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#165 of 507 Old 10-09-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

updated to here

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#166 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 06:02 AM

To all of you that are testing now and in the coming days....good luck!! Such a stressful time. So many hopes on the line!!
louloudeer likes this.

05/14
#167 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 07:13 AM

http://fertilityfriend.com/home/28bb6f

Still no definitive positive, going to test again today... Can't help it even though I'm only 11DPO... But I think the chart is looking tripahsic no? Anyways it's looking beautiful toe and I can't wait to get up each morning and temp!

#168 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 07:16 AM

mygreenestgrass-I have a 26/27 day cycle. I have been tracking for about 7 months. I just started using OPK's last month and again then month. O day seems to be CD 12 or 13 and luteal length seems to be 13 days. I'm 33 with a DD-12 smile.gif.

So mad at myself!! I forgot to temp this morning! I was so tired and I DID NOT want to get out of bed........DH is furloughed, he works for NPS. I don't even want to start ranting about our screwed up government right now. But getting up at 545AM when he gets to sleep in is driving me nuts! LOL, I know it's not his fault. I think I'm just having one of those days....I feel like pouting like a toddler not getting her way! I'm going to blame my poopy mood on Progesterone. smile.gif

Anyone else notice annoying mood changes after O? Sorry for the whining. I think I just don't want to get my hopes about again this month and we only BD'd on CD10-PM and CD13-AM so I feel like we just didn't get it right.......Again, sorry for the hopeless attitude. I am so glad that I have this board to come to though. You have all been so supportive and kind. Some of the other boards I have seen can just be downright nasty and rude!! Thanks girls for all you do!!

Good luck and baby dust!!!
#169 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm on cycle day 19 hopefully we will catch the egg. We have been doing good with dtd every other day and around the day I should ovulate with the dull cramps and ewcm I think we hit it just right so I would say I'm about 2 dpo maybe
#170 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 07:48 AM

louloudear: after O, I feel like I have PMS! I'm downright mean and can hardly stand anyone!! Same thing right before AF! I'm just a hormonal nightmare!!

Yes, I've been on some other threads and some of the ladies act like I'm invading "their club"....not very receptive....

delighted can't wait for more news from you!! I hope this is your month!!!

05/14
#171 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 08:38 AM

Another BFN wink1.gif but I kinda expected it... If CD7 was implantation (minor dip) then today's HCG could still be as low as 16... 1 the first day and then doubling every day after that... So tomorrow/Sat should be over 25 if we were starting at the absolute lowest smile.gif

I'm out of $store tests since one of them apparently came to me EMPTY! Grrrrr... So I may go today and see if I can grab a couple more and keep the FRER's for as long as possible wink1.gif

I just don't really have any oft usual post O symptoms and I just feel like this is it! Although I am an emotional mess! I often am after O but it's worse this time!

#172 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 AM

I ovulated on Monday and am now waiting.

#173 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

Yes, I've been on some other threads and some of the ladies act like I'm invading "their club"....not very receptive....

I had a traumatic experience with some very judgmental women in my Due Date Club for my son back in 2008. I left the forums and was really skeptical and nervous to join the TTC group this time around...

Yet, I am so glad that I did! Everyone is so caring, it is such a relief! I just want to say that I am so happy to be a part of this great group of ladies (oh boy, emotions are flowing). It is so nice to have others to relate to and share in this experience. I was feeling so alone before I joined without other girlfriends in my same boat. Thank you everyone for being wonderful! Love and baby dust to all!! :joy

#174 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyg25 View Post

I ovulated on Monday and am now waiting.

Me too...I think, or maybe tuesday. no crosshairs yet on FF because I forgot to temp this AM. My OPK's were positive from Saturday through Tuesday though. We only DTD on Sat-PM and Tues-AM so I'm already feeling like we probably missed it. Maybe I won't stress so much over it then. LOL I'll just keep lying to myself......
#175 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 AM

Expecting to O any day now.  Warned the hubs and told him to up his vitamins LOL.    My temps have been a bit weird, but since this is my first month temping who knows, maybe it's totally normal for me.  This is only our third month of actively trying (and month 2 was a CP) but I am over with obsessing and just want my BFP already!

#176 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 02:15 PM

Well........late yesterday and today I got BFPs. Within the time limit, def not evaps, but still pretty faint looking. I envisioned announcing a bfp as something that I would be elated over but I'm more nervous than anything (which doesn't help I know! time for yoga!) I just remember with my last that by now I'd POAS and the line would show up immediately. This time by the two minutes you can see a faint line, and then it's even darker by the 10 min max, but I could be darker still. Knowing that there is a little one already dividing and growing I so want this cycle to turn out well, but it makes me nervous that the line is not darker at 13DPO.

Any thoughts? Are faint lines signs that this baby probably won't stick? Stories, opinions, and thoughts are welcome. TIA! 

#177 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM

With my son I tested at 13dpo and it was faint and even at the doctor they said it was neg and I was like I got 4 pos at home and they sent me home. On my way home they called and said that it just don't show up quick enough but It was positive. And now he is almost 3. And also my sister had neg forever she went to doc with morning sickness and had to have a blood test to confirm even at 8 mths preg the test was neg she took one hair for fun lol and she has a healthy 4 yr old lol
#178 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM

She found out at 10 weeks pregnant
#179 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 02:55 PM

Berry Congrats!!! So happy for you! I can totally understand why you are nervous, but so far so good, right? I think Scjp is right, a have a friend that had a late BFP too, and everything was fine. I even got a BFN at 7-8 weeks with my son (after a BFN at 5 weeks and an ultrasound at 6 weeks) and they tried to send me home. Begged for another ultrasound and there he was..now he's 5.

Relax and go join the June Due Date Club--looks like it just opened today. Good timing :)

#180 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 03:07 PM

berry: Congrats!! I think it sounds perfect! At 13dpo, most ppl wouldn't even consider that "late" yet. I bet here in a few days it will be darker. I've also had faint positives the first couple of tests I took with youngest DD and with DS. I'm sure you're fine!! Just relax!!

05/14

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page