~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ October 2013 ~*~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Fertility Friend says the AVERAGE *first* BFP recorded on pregnancy charts is 13.6 DPO. Only 10% of pregnancy charts have a BFP at 10 DPO!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When-can-I-expect-a-positive-HPT-if-I-am-pregnant.html

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Scjp, Water, rosie, and Wife  Thank you all! :energyI appreciate the encouragement and positive stories. I guess I'll just relax and enjoy the ride, maybe even lurk on the June club, for however long it lasts. 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#183 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Fertility Friend says the AVERAGE *first* BFP recorded on pregnancy charts is 13.6 DPO. Only 10% of pregnancy charts have a BFP at 10 DPO!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs/When-can-I-expect-a-positive-HPT-if-I-am-pregnant.html

After last time, I'm not testing until the day after AF is really late.
#184 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
berry: with my son, squinter was on CD 34 and I'm usually no longer than 30 days. O around 14-16. I was nervous too. But the digital I took next made me forget all about that squinter...
berrypavlova likes this.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
#185 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I debated whether to write this or not but i need to get this off my chest. AFter all, this is a "safe" place for us TTCers, right?

While browsing instagram tonight I discovered that a lady that I only through online is pregnant (again!). He youngest a just a year old and I'm envious of her. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's pregnant but at the same time I couldn't help but think, why isn't that me?? What am I doing wrong? I dread having to tell my husband month after month that I'm not pregnant. Now I'm dealing with the fact that I didn't even ovulate last month after I've ovulated regularly for the last 30 years. Sigh....

After thinking about it some more, I can't help but wonder if my weight is the reason. I'm not out-of-control overweight by any means, but I know I need to lose 15 pounds (preferably 20) to be where I need to be. I swear I have tried everything possible to lose weight and it's just not working. I will do really well for awhile and then I put weight back on. I lost 8 pounds and gained them all back.

Anyway, the green eyed monster appeared tonight and I don't like how I feel. Maybe I will feel better in the morning. Thanks for letting me vent

PS: I'm very good at hiding my gut/tire around my waist LOL. Although I'm venting about my body, I am taking all steps to do some working out each day - low impact, of course :)

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#186 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Bleeding again on CD 11. Not fertile so its not ovulation. Sucks to be me.

#187 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:

Bleeding again on CD 11. Not fertile so its not ovulation. Sucks to be me.
Wth? I'm so sorry! As if TTC isn't crazy enuf, dealing with that BS does. not. help. So frustrating!!

05/14
#188 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

Wth? I'm so sorry! As if TTC isn't crazy enuf, dealing with that BS does. not. help. So frustrating!!
Maybe it's just a tad of residual from AF...

05/14
#189 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 08:11 PM

Not AF because it stops for days at a time. Light on CD 1, moderate on CD 2, spotting on CDs 3 and 4. Spotting again on CD 7. Spotting now at CD 11. My cervix opened some but I don't know if that's to let the blood out, if its bleeding *because* its opening (hasn't opened in 7 months due to Depo Provera), or if its just some coincidence.

#190 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

I debated whether to write this or not but i need to get this off my chest. AFter all, this is a "safe" place for us TTCers, right?

While browsing instagram tonight I discovered that a lady that I only through online is pregnant (again!). He youngest a just a year old and I'm envious of her. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's pregnant but at the same time I couldn't help but think, why isn't that me?? What am I doing wrong? I dread having to tell my husband month after month that I'm not pregnant. Now I'm dealing with the fact that I didn't even ovulate last month after I've ovulated regularly for the last 30 years. Sigh....

After thinking about it some more, I can't help but wonder if my weight is the reason. I'm not out-of-control overweight by any means, but I know I need to lose 15 pounds (preferably 20) to be where I need to be. I swear I have tried everything possible to lose weight and it's just not working. I will do really well for awhile and then I put weight back on. I lost 8 pounds and gained them all back.

Anyway, the green eyed monster appeared tonight and I don't like how I feel. Maybe I will feel better in the morning. Thanks for letting me vent

PS: I'm very good at hiding my gut/tire around my waist LOL. Although I'm venting about my body, I am taking all steps to do some working out each day - low impact, of course smile.gif
MO!! I have been there! Believe me! Friend and I happened to be trying at the same time and she got preg two times before I did once! I've been friends with her for 23 yrs now! (Ouch!) anyway...I had two babies after that...my first before her even...she mc'd twice. But she now has two boys and all is well! And we're still dear friends! It's normal to feel that way! I'll come to your pity party! But you have to know and have faith that it's gonna happen! It will! Just sucks waiting!!

05/14
#191 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thanks @rosie2727. I just needed to get that out. You're right, I need to continue having faith

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Atlanta, GA
Expecting #2 in Dec 2014

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
#192 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:

Thanks @rosie2727. I just needed to get that out. You're right, I need to continue having faith
AND maybe you "hide it well", but you look great! I'm sure we could all spare a few lbs but I seriously doubt your weight is hindering your fertility. You're gorgeous and your hubby will have you prego in due time!

05/14
#193 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 PM

jenjy- i hear you. It is great we can't go wrong either way. Or in my case, I tell me that if i got pos i would get to do this one more time for all the reasons i have been wanting. And if neg then it's okay because i can keep up getting back to shape, can apply for grad school like i also want, don't have the miseries that come with pg for me, and get to love on the beautiful family i already have and be thankful that we'll be done..Just this week we were talking about going back to waiting to be ready, or even considering our family complete now.That said, O decided to show 5 days early this month! Wasn't expecting that.. will you please  move me to waiting to know?

loulou and emily- we are practically cycle buddies! O was (apparently) on sunday for me.

Agreed that this bunch of ladies is lovely and supportive!

NaturallyMo- you look amazing, you really do. I wish I could look as good, and believe me I have a good 15-20 lbs to lose also. I see that you blog about running. I have been running on and off for 4 years and just getting back into it lately. If i keep this up, i will either get really in shape soon or i will get a baby! You too, hun.

wifeofant- that is so weird. has that happened to you before? could it be ov spotting? Hugs.

Don't recall who said this but yes, i def get moody as heck after O. As in the way I've felt the last couple days like i want to um, do something bad to DH. I won't say more, but i just get so darn mad at him. LOL he must be so confused cuz we r getting so cuddly in the pre O weeks then bam! crazy lady strikes. Get this way before AF too. Not sure if there is a break in the middle or if just slides into PMS. Will have to pay attention this cycle and see.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

#194 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mama View Post
Thank you everyone for being wonderful! Love and baby dust to all!! :joy

I second that!  

berrypavlova!  Oh wow that is great news!!!  Is it ok to move you to graduates?  I understand what you are saying about the faint lines but there is no reason to think it's not going to go perfectly well!  Very excited for you!

Quote:

Bleeding again on CD 11. 

Crud!   I have no experience with Depo -- could it be some side effect from that??  I'm so sorry.  

delightedbutterfly - that is a beautiful chart!  Stay up, temps!!

NaturallyMo -- you are so pretty! 

AFM -- YAY, positive OPK here!!!  Lots of us right around that time!!!   I am very grateful that I am O'ing this month after last month's wacky cycle.

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
#195 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

Also, the list should be updated to here - as usual, let me know if anything is wrong.  And thank you for making change requests in bold!

#196 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:

NaturallyMo :( I'm sorry this is such a long journey, props to you for staying with it. There are a million different things that could be going on, have you considered seeing a natural path doc to do muscle testing to see if somethings off? Just a thought, take it or leave it. Know that I'll be praying for wisdom and peace for you! 

Jenjy....Yes you can move me when you have time! Thanks for asking! I've been wishing to get pregnant since Feb (a short time compared to many of you I know, not meant to rub salt in wounds) so part of me is scared it's too good to be true. But if there's a line right now there's a "baby" so I'll enjoy every minute carrying this little one as long as I can. 

AFM Indulged in a little retail therapy tonight! Gymboree stores (my guilty pleasure) have a sale right now and my store had racks of items $3.99 and under!!! I got a romper outfit and cute hat for a boy for $5!!!!! For a little girl I got a swing top/bloomers, a hat, socks, hairbow, and the cutest swim suit for a whopping total of $15!!! They all are so cute and are red, white and blue so perfect for a baby due end of June! I think it'd probably be tempted to start an amazon registry too (for the discount at the end) if it weren't for the fact that my inlaws would search and find it long before I want to tell them about the little one! 

Jesus lover, World's luckiest wife for the last 6 years, and Blessed beyond measure to be mom to three energetic little guys  5, 3.5, & 2  + our new little princess!
#197 of 507 Old 10-10-2013, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
NaturallyMo - you are beautiful!!! I know my chances of getting pregnant would go up dramatically if I could lose even just 10% of my body weight. Let's just say that's over 25lbs... Ideally I'd love to lose 70ish and in an ideal world I'd be down at least 110 if not a little more. But it's not an ideal world. And my body doesn't seem to want to lose weight even though I'm trying to watch what I eat, drink more water and move more. I'm celiac and get a lot of disbelief since I'm not the norm of "underweight". Instead the celiac blew me right up, I went I diagnosed for 6 years while I had symptoms (and who knows how many years before that). I'm struggling with the fact that I'll never look as good pregnant as I did with my first, and I don't have any real good pictures of it either greensad.gif So I think you are doing wonderfully and try and remember that whenever it happens it will end up bein the perfect time for whatever reason!

Going to bed now, can't wait to temp in the morning. Will be 12DPO and I bought more $store tests today. I just "feel" pregnant, if I'm not I'm going to be pretty bummed. I am enjoying the "trying" part but I really didn't want this to take as long as last time greensad.gif

As for amazon... Is there anyway you can make the registries "private" like you can with wish lists (or is that only a Canadian thing?) totally thinking about starting a private wish list of the few things we're needing... Not that I haven't already started a hidden Pinterest board or anything...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#198 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 05:55 AM

NaturallyMo- I feel your pain.  I am about 15 pounds over where I want to be and can't help but wonder if that is why it is taking so long this time.  Let me share a story.. My best friend tried for 14 months to get pregnant with #2.  She wasn't significantly overweight, maybe 15-20 lbs.  About 6 months before my wedding we decided to do weight watchers together.  She lost 18 pounds and was pregnant for my wedding.  But if you are a runner you have a lot of muscle (I run) and I hope you are looking at the overall picture and not just the scale.  You certainly don't look overweight!

I definitely think it can play a part.  As soon as we are done with our home renovations (countdown- T minus 10 days!!!) I am going to try to clean up my eating and get more exercise.  It's been hard with a kitchen that is down to studs and the rest of the house being such a disaster.  

Delighted - My sister in law is celiac.  Bless your heart, that is such a difficult thing to deal with! We have designated dishes and bowls and even a special waffle iron for when she comes to visit.  (she has made us obsessed with cross contamination)  Fortunately it seems, at least where we live, that it is a lot easier to find food options than it was ten years ago.

Everyone- What's the protocol on registries with #2? It's very much an unwritten rule around here that with baby #2 you don't have a shower or do registries... Though I do Amazon lists for my 2 year old as she has lots of aunts and uncles and I want to be sure she is getting appropriate things.  Truthfully I don't think we will need much for a 2nd....Just some new bedding, clothes if it is a boy and I am treating myself to a top of the line pump.

And does anyone have any experience with OPKs not working? I never got a positive one with DD yet obviously ovulated.  I admit I am not great about remembering to do them (last night after 8pm!) I am CD 14 and we are going at it like crazy. Poor hubs works all day putting in cabinets then I pounce on him at bedtime. I think I tend to O later, but I am not letting up this cycle until AF crashes the party!!!

#199 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 05:57 AM

Quote:

Could be breakthrough bleeding? Does that happen with Depo?

#200 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post

NaturallyMo- I feel your pain.  I am about 15 pounds over where I want to be and can't help but wonder if that is why it is taking so long this time.  Let me share a story.. My best friend tried for 14 months to get pregnant with #2.  She wasn't significantly overweight, maybe 15-20 lbs.  About 6 months before my wedding we decided to do weight watchers together.  She lost 18 pounds and was pregnant for my wedding.  But if you are a runner you have a lot of muscle (I run) and I hope you are looking at the overall picture and not just the scale.  You certainly don't look overweight!

Just wanted to add that I am maybe 30lbs overweight and conceived in the 'normal time range' for my age. I think as long as your cycles are regular then it's fine, mine were pretty regular so I assume my weight wasn't affecting my fertility. If you are dieting too much it can affect your cycle.

Berry Congrats to you!! :joy

Delighted :lurk 

rainbow1284.gifpos.gifsticky.gif yikes.gif 
#201 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post

Could be breakthrough bleeding? Does that happen with Depo?

Really anything can happen. Its not even average that I could be fertile this soon, September 18th was my "13 week" mark, although I'm ~85% certain I actually ovulated a day or two before then (abundant EWCM, *bad* ovulation pain, and a short "period" 13 days later, although my cervix never opened or dropped afterward). I was really really hoping this would be the month. Today was supposed to be my first fertile day according to FF. Instead, I went to check my cervix this morning and all I could find was blood. Ignoring the color, there was no consistency change that would suggest it was bloody EWCM. Just blood. I decided to mark CD 1, sort of glad I decided to put on a pad last night. Two more weeks and still waiting to O. mecry.gifDidn't even get a chance to try because it was only an 11 day cycle.

Quote:
 After stopping Depo-Provera, it can take an average of four to ten months to get pregnant. It will take up to two years from the date of your last Depo-Provera shot for your chances of getting pregnant to get back to that of a woman who has never had the shot.

#202 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 06:42 AM

Delighted & Kate - I have 3 and have registered or all of them simply because I wanted to get the completion discount at the end for the things I wanted to purchase :). It's also been helpful when my MIL has asked if we need anything. I thinks it's fine to register wherever you like for the discount, I personally wouldn't advertise that I'm registered though. After your question Kate I found this on Amazon 

Shared - Registry can only be viewed by those that have a link and it will not appear in Amazon search results.

it's a privacy setting option under manage my registry! This means I can start one like today and no one can find it!! :joy

Also I like to fudge a bit and put my "due date" or "event date" at least a month before baby so I can get the completion discount early. GL!

AFM - So I've been POAS all week and showing DH asking if he saw the line. He said he saw yesterdays. This morning I took a digital so I could take a picture of it and DH walk into the room, gives me a big kiss, and says congrats! I told him I've shown him the lines before and he said this one actually said it on there! LOL I guess digitals are more guy friendly.

WifeofAnt likes this.

#203 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 07:19 AM

Congrats Berry!!!!!

Temp is still up at the highest point and steady, no second line on the $store test today greensad.gif haven't decided when I should take the FRER's... Today is 12DPO http://fertilityfriend.com/home/28bb6f

#204 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypavlova View Post

AFM - So I've been POAS all week and showing DH asking if he saw the line. He said he saw yesterdays. This morning I took a digital so I could take a picture of it and DH walk into the room, gives me a big kiss, and says congrats! I told him I've shown him the lines before and he said this one actually said it on there! LOL I guess digitals are more guy friendly.

I took a digital to show DH when we had DS. He is *so* not a squinter, haha.

#205 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 08:24 AM

berry - woohoo congratulations! I agree with the others, 13dpo is still nice and early to get a BFP so I reckon it's a great sign, wishing you all the best!  

katemonster - praying it's your month! you made me laugh about the husband's vitamins :D

delightedbutterfly - sorry about the BFN, but it's a bit easier to take when you know it's super early! Are you testing today? Let us know how it goes

emilyg25 - welcome!

jenjy - thanks for being such a great thread keeper and it's so interesting to hear about your food sensitivities and how it affected your kiddos!

louloudeer - YES, always grumpy around O... Keep the hope! You never know what this cycle will bring you :Hug

Ok, so here's my news. I think I got a BFP - it's a real squinter though!! Last night (14dpo) I took a test (BFN) and thought to myself about an hour later "just one more look" and I thought I saw a line. I know it could have just been an evap, so this morning I tested again (15dpo) with FMU and got a little squinter within 2 minutes - and a lot darker after the 10 minutes.. this is the photo at 2 min... is anyone else seeing what I see or am I imagining it? (I think if you click it, the picture can be bigger?)

I can't wait to test tomorrow to see if the little line is there :bgbounce

AppleMark

[Clare] Wife to an amazing man. Expecting our first little nugget babyf.gifLove my pooch and DIYing our home.
#206 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM

clare: I can see it!! I'd have to try a diff brand (clearly for scientific research purposes)!

05/14
#207 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

clare: I can see it!! I'd have to try a diff brand (clearly for scientific research purposes)!

I'd go digital :)

#208 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

drive by post - berry, I moved you! Congrats again!!!  I am so happy for you!  clare, I TOTALLY see that!  Wowwowwow!!!  So exciting!!!

#209 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:

I debated whether to write this or not but i need to get this off my chest. After all, this is a "safe" place for us TTCers, right?

While browsing instagram tonight I discovered that a lady that I only through online is pregnant (again!). He youngest a just a year old and I'm envious of her. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy she's pregnant but at the same time I couldn't help but think, why isn't that me?? What am I doing wrong?

Mo, from all the replies to this, I hope you know now that you are not alone. Just last month I was browsing through Facebook, and I thought of an old friend that has been married for a few years. I thought, "Hmmm, maybe she is having trouble having a baby. No baby yet?" I looked through her photos and felt a sense of relief that I was not "alone" without a baby. Then, a few hours later the same friend announced on Facebook that she was pregnant and expecting a baby in May 2014. My reaction? Anger. I was so angry, DH and I actually had a little argument because he couldn't understand why I wasn't just happy for her. In the heat of the moment I shouted out, "I'm angry because I am jealous! I am human, I am allowed to be human!" I caught myself and realized that I needed to relax and have faith, much like you said. I got over my angry and am back to positive thinking and patience. Don't beat yourself up over it--but it's good you got that out! :Hug 

Clare--I see it too! Congrats! Already so many BFP's this month. I hope you get a darker line later today or tomorrow so there is no doubt :)

Delighted--I think you can make Amazon registries private. I think the one I have (for my un-conceived child :wink) is private. I hope you get a BFP in the next few days. Will be thinking of you!

Berry-- I love Gymboree sales! They have the best little boys boxer briefs and yes, hats. What a fun way to treat yourself :)

Jen-- Good luck!!! :goodvibes

Wife-- I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. We are here for you :Hug Maybe your body still just needs a little time to regulate after Depo to prepare for your little angel?

Kate--I'm with you, not testing until my period is at least 1 day late. I feel like I would rather get disappointed by AF then a BFN... getting nervous just thinking about those tests.

AFM--My temp is still up. I didn't keep temping after the initial increase last month, so I don't know what to expect--is it up because I am pregnant or just up before AF? Here is my chart again (hopefully link works...) I am also feeling a lot of twitches and cramps in my ovaries. <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/487d3f">My Ovulation Chart</a>

berrypavlova likes this.

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

#210 of 507 Old 10-11-2013, 10:26 AM

Hmm while my boos are still tender they don't hurt anywhere near as much as they had.

And I started cramping today pretty badly in my lower abdomen and in my back... It could be something I ate (?), AF on her way or a pregnancy starting... But I'm feeling less optimistic. I did get another BFN today. Well actually there was a faint faint shadow within the time limit but unless there is a faint line visible enough for a camera I will keep waiting!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page