~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ October 2013 ~*~ - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-11-2013, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Wife- Have you ever tried Vitex? It is safe, natural, inexpensive, and proven to be very effective in regulating cycles/getting them going again after long term birth control use.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mo-- I really feel for you... I just went through this with a member of my own family who recently gave birth- and I felt *terrible*:irked for being jealous but there is truly no controlling emotions :(  just breathe and relax and I know it will happen for you :) 

Clare- congrats!

Delighted-  I, too, am feeling less optimistic right now- BUT your chart looks good so maybe things are going better than you think?  

Berry-  just noticed this will be #4 for you... I'm trying for #4, too! 

AFM- totally not feeling it any more.  Temp dropped some today, <http://fertilityfriend.com/home/297ac9/> and feel like AF is on the way.  Ironic thing is that the nausea is still overwhelming-- as if there is some epic hormonal struggle going on inside my body to determine the future of my body, life, and family.   What a bummer.  I never imagined this would be an ongoing struggle.  My first 3 pregnancies were so easy, but that was more than 7 years ago.  What if I missed my window? 

This is such an emotionally charged time for all of us!!  I feel like all the fixating on temps, charts, symptoms, Cds, Dpos, birth plans, registries, and obscure research and statistics are just an elaborate way to distract ourselves from the anxiety of the unknown and the pain of disappointment.

Sorry to be such a downer & warmest thoughts to all... 

Old 10-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post

Wife- Have you ever tried Vitex? It is safe, natural, inexpensive, and proven to be very effective in regulating cycles/getting them going again after long term birth control use.

I'm trying maca and raspberry leaf tea right now.

mygreenestgrass - Looking at your chart I don't think you ovulated when its marked. I would guess it was cycle day 13. It gets muddled with the open circles but, if you ignore those, your CM and CP point to CD 12 or 13. The drop on CD 26 isn't really big enough to panic over.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Old 10-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Wife of Ant I kinda agree but I was going to say CD 14 for O...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Hmmm...
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

Ladies, thank you so much for supporting me through my low moment yesterday. I definitely felt some kind of way but I'm feeling a little better about things today. I got up, ran some errands and took a moment to just enjoy the moment. I have faith I will be pregnant by the end of the year :)

And thank you for the compliments. I have to admit, I'm still a little self-conscious about my body from time to time. Glad to know there are others are feel the same way. 

Now, let me go make some chicken soup for my little guy who is coming down with a little cold.

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 10-11-2013, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
OPK question: so yesterday I had one where test was almost as dark as the control line. Then last night it was way lighter. Then this morning it was about the same as the test line. And now, 7.5. Hours later, it's much lighter than the control line. What do y'all make of this? I've had EWCM for past 4 days (but not today), and last months + was on CD16....today is CD15. My cycles are 28-31 days always!! Usually 28 or 30...

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 10-11-2013, 04:20 PM

Mo - I didn't see your post before now, sorry! you're so gorgeous and look really healthy. Love that you're running- I love running too! Sorry you're celiac and it's knocked you around... Totally believing that your month will be soon, in the meantime know that you can rant here any time!

Nicest corner of the internet, right here! smile.gif

[Clare] Wife to an amazing man. Expecting our first little nugget babyf.gifLove my pooch and DIYing our home.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

OPK question: so yesterday I had one where test was almost as dark as the control line. Then last night it was way lighter. Then this morning it was about the same as the test line. And now, 7.5. Hours later, it's much lighter than the control line. What do y'all make of this? I've had EWCM for past 4 days (but not today), and last months + was on CD16....today is CD15. My cycles are 28-31 days always!! Usually 28 or 30...
And I've been crazy painfully bloated this eve....maybe this "painful bloating" I've had all these years is O pain? Hoping to BD again tonight, but wo clear OPK, don't want to wear DH out...could still not get LH surge for another day it two! Guess we just need to BD as much as possible the next 4ish days or so! So frustrating! I could overanalyze this to death! Reel me in!! Lol!

05/14
Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Afm: I am on cycle day 21 and 4dpo based on the dull cramps and ewcm I had. So hoping we caught the egg cuz we bd on the right time so I'm really hoping. We have been trying since march and had a chemical in may. So I'm hoping we get preg this
Month lol. I wanna another baby so bad
Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 PM

13 DPO another BFN and a teeny dip on my temp. What was looking possibly triphasic is no longer...

Starting to feel crampy and nausea, which while also PG symptoms tend to be normal PMS symptoms for me. Although I'm not feeling bloated an my skin hasn't started to break out like usual. But the girls are decidedly less sore each day...

We'll see what my temp does tomorrow and if it plummets I won't test but if it's still up then I'll test again. Trying to decide if I should break out a FRER or use my last $store test. My longest LP was 17 days so technically I could still be in for a wait... So fours more days possibly with 3 more tests wink1.gif

Old 10-12-2013, 02:50 PM

Quote:

And I've been crazy painfully bloated this eve....maybe this "painful bloating" I've had all these years is O pain? Hoping to BD again tonight, but wo clear OPK, don't want to wear DH out...could still not get LH surge for another day it two! Guess we just need to BD as much as possible the next 4ish days or so! So frustrating! I could overanalyze this to death! Reel me in!! Lol!

I'm skeptical of OPKs. I have never had a clearly positive one. I used them every single day the cycle I got pregnant with my daughter. I've done a lot of research and heard it's possible to miss the surge. Or your urine can be too diluted. Or a host of other reasons. I'd get busy if I were you. joy.gif
Old 10-12-2013, 02:58 PM

katemonster: thanks! I was kind of feeling that way too. And we've been busy every other day for awhile now. I got another almost pos today. I'm sure I'm in my fertile window. Don't know why I waste my $ on those!

05/14
Old 10-12-2013, 07:39 PM

Been reading along but not posting for a couple days. FX everyone! 

delighted- crossing my fingers and toes for you!

whoever commented on the bloated O feelings--sorry if I go back i get lost and my reply goes away-- I so get that for a day or two on O day/s. This could be it!

greenestgrass- you made an excellent point, well phrased.

How did I get to 6dpo, evening? So strange. Practically 7dpo then. Only 5-6 days leftr of this cycle. I'm sad. It's been a good one. Unexpected good timing due to early O. When it's over then I get to suck through another sucky AF. Sorry but KWIM? 

Have been a good girl and not really even thought of testing- yay me! So when would you test? LOL What is reasonable? Due to mistaken O dates last couple months I was testing waaaayyy too early and wasted a ton of tests. Not doing that again. I mean I know 14dpo is totally reasonable, and that 12 dpo is quite reasonable. And that I got a bfp with DS at 11dpo. They used to say those FRER tested earliest to 10dpo, but now they make the 6 day early ones... that should show to 9dpo for a fair few ladies, yes? And then you see those BFPs at 8dpo popping up everywhere. Unless I had an IC that was super sensitive I wouldn't test with a regular test at 7dpo, but might at 7dpo if I did. I don't. Heck, I might take one at 6dpo, just for you know, science. To see if it made an evap or anything.:lol

When would you test with, say, a dollar tree test? I'm not sure how sensitive they are anymore. I'm also so done with early testing but don't want to wait until AF comes, ya know? I think I read somewhere that 10dpo is the official soonest 'early testing' reasonable day to start?

Not sure if I'm going to cave and test or just see what my temps do yet or what. Either way I just want to relax and not worry about it. Let's see if I can make it the whole month.

One ecological breastfeeding nak.gif om.gif, married to an awesome dh_malesling.GIFintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif treehugger.giffamilybed2.gifecbaby2.gifhomeschool.gifhomebirth.jpgwhale.gif Our family is definitelymaybe complete! hale

Old 10-12-2013, 08:07 PM

tara: I'm telling myself I'll wait til 12 days this month. Ha. Ha. Ha. But I'm NOT allowing myself to start at 7 dpo. Getting all those BFN's chips away at my hope and then I know I'm grasping at straws...it's all just so depressing! Good luck with self control! Baby dust!!

05/14
Old 10-13-2013, 08:46 AM

DH has fallen asleep last 2 nights in a row and we missed BD'ing. I'm SO pissed right now. I feel like the ENTIRE month was just thrown out the window. I'm so sad and upset. I can't even bring myself to update my chart and face all that empty space during my fertile window. It makes me feel like he's not even taking this seriously. And what's worse is I hate facing my TWW knowing we didn't give it our best effort. I don't get as upset about BFNs if I know we did all we could. But when we aren't giving it our all, I just have a hard timing facing anything these days. There's my rant for today. I guess move me to TWW.

05/14
Old 10-13-2013, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)

clare -- Any news??  Hoping if you've tested again it was darker!!

Tara -- I say it just really depends on YOU.  I for one don't mind starting at 8DPO because there is a chance to get a faint one then.  Since I only have a 12 day LP, it's not like that's a whole lot of wasted tests for me.  And sure, it's disappointing to see negatives, but I try to just see it as information.  A negative at 8DPO is simply information that I didn't have early implantation - and that's how I am able to see the negative without being horribly disappointed.  

rosie -- :Hug  It is so hard that all of this hinges on SO MANY things going just right.  YOU are doing everything you can.  It will happen.  And you were BD'ing every other day for a while there, right?  You probably got close enough to your window!  As WifeofAnt was saying, you don't have to have O day covered... 

AFM - temp jump whooo hoo!  Moving myself to waiting to know.  :love 

Jen , mom to DD12  and DS7   and six  ('01, '06, '13, '13, '14, '14).
Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 AM

jenjy: yes we were BD'g every other day, but now it's been 3 days since last time and I'm sure I O'd yesterday or today. Which I know technically that's still "good enough", but I feel we easily could have DTD 2 more times during my window. Now the window has slammed shut. Thanks for reassurance tho. But I still feel pessimistic about this month. I've fantasized about going to a sperm donor wo telling DH just so I can have more chances!! I wouldn't really....but it crossed my stupid mind!

05/14
Old 10-13-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:

jenjy: yes we were BD'g every other day, but now it's been 3 days since last time and I'm sure I O'd yesterday or today. Which I know technically that's still "good enough", but I feel we easily could have DTD 2 more times during my window. Now the window has slammed shut. Thanks for reassurance tho. But I still feel pessimistic about this month. I've fantasized about going to a sperm donor wo telling DH just so I can have more chances!! I wouldn't really....but it crossed my stupid mind!

Rosie-- Don't be discouraged! I was really sad when DH got sick at couldn't "perform" the night before O. Then, FF changed my cross-hairs pushing O out 2 more days even! For me it was 4 days before O, but look what I just got at DPO 10:

Hopefully it sticks. I have now taken 3 $ store tests since last night and each shows up at 2 minutes (this photo) and then get pretty dark by 10 minutes. Still can't believe it 100%. Feeling the nerves like Berry was fingersx.gif 

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

Old 10-13-2013, 11:15 AM

water mama!!! How exciting for you! I'm try happy for you! I'm just trying to tell myself that 1) maybe I O'd on Sat and 2) I've heard two days prior is best...and last time was Thur night....so maybe we did cover our bases. It's either that or stay mad for a month...and that's not feasible. So hard to stay positive!! I'm thrilled for you tho!!! Praying for that sticky bean for you!!

05/14
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM

*truly* happy.....my typo looked like I was saying "I'm trying to be happy for you"! Lol! But no, I'm TRULY happy for you!! Keep us posted!!

05/14
Old 10-13-2013, 12:09 PM

Yay WaterMama!!!! Congrats!

Rosie - it's not going to help but here we find sometimes the best time to DTD is if I come to bed late and "wake him up" by playing with him. He never fully wakes up so he can go back to sleep more easily but he wakes up enough to appreciate it wink1.gif

Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 PM

Oh and another teeny .1* temp drop today... And another negative test... At 14DPO I'm now waiting on AF I guess. Super bummed out but I guess there's still a miniscule chance although I'm preparing instead to see red.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:33 PM

delighted: you mean take advantage of hubby when he's asleep? Ha. I tried that last night!! Lol! Our 3yo DS was in there and I even got him out of there and in bed, then tried snugging up to DH, but he was all tangled in the sheets and I couldn't "get to him"! Hehehehe....I do feel a little better after this mornings rant. I know our chances are still decent considering all the BD'g we did, all during EWCM, and probably 2 days prior to O. Not letting it ruin my week or cause a fight. It will probably be much less stressful if I continue with the faith I've clung to all month!

Sorry for your BFN. That stinks. Still hoping for you!

05/14
Old 10-13-2013, 01:50 PM

Hahahaha pretty much wink1.gif He loves it though! I hate when there's a "block" fr getting you there though wink1.gif

Old 10-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Yay @Water Mamafingers crossed for a sticky baby for you!

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 10-13-2013, 06:28 PM

Congrats Watermama!!!

Delighted- we seem to be in the same boat. Sorry for your disappointing BFN!

AFM, forgot to temp for the first time all month today greensad.gif. BFN today. AF was due today, and I did have a tinge of spotting, but strangely not the real deal as expected. I'm sure that will come tomorrow. Bummer. Best of luck & well wishes to all.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

jenjy: yes we were BD'g every other day, but now it's been 3 days since last time and I'm sure I O'd yesterday or today. Which I know technically that's still "good enough", but I feel we easily could have DTD 2 more times during my window.

It IS good. 2 days before ovulation is *great* timing. 3 days before is still pretty good if you had fertile CM. Don't feel like you've failed, O-1 and O-2 are the "prime time" of your fertile window, better even than the day of ovulation itself. Maybe you could have DTD one more time but there are a lot of people who only DTD once in their whole fertile period for gender swaying and they still end up pregnant.

WaterMama - CONGRATS!!!! That looks like the BFP I had with my son at 10 DPO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygreenestgrass View Post

AFM, forgot to temp for the first time all month today greensad.gif. BFN today. AF was due today, and I did have a tinge of spotting, but strangely not the real deal as expected. I'm sure that will come tomorrow. Bummer. Best of luck & well wishes to all.

One day isn't that big of a deal, especially the further you get from ovulation. People who have been charting for a while sometimes only take their temperature until 4 or 5 DPO and then stop. I wouldn't do it for your first few cycles (so you can look for a luteal phase defect) but I used to do it more to keep myself in the habit than to think about how my temperature rose or fell in the 2WW.

AFM - CD 3. Still bleeding. I guess this is good because my last AF didn't last this long and it made me a little worried. This was supposed to be our 'DTD week' while DS was with grandma. Fertility Friend now estimates my fertile period is going to start... the day DS comes home, hahahaha. If we miss it this month we're taking a month and a half off. Its pretty important to not have an August baby. I don't really want another December baby either though. I guess a plus is that the longer it takes, the more weight I get to lose. Depo Provera made me put on about a dozen pounds and I'd *like* to slim down a little. My feet would seriously hate me if I got close to 200 lbs near my due date, I was 160 at 40 weeks with DS and I was so sore after little things like grocery shopping. And back then I didn't have a job where I was on my feet all day!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Old 10-13-2013, 07:41 PM

No O yet, per my temps. cD 16. So annoying.....
Old 10-13-2013, 08:07 PM

Thank you for all the congratulations! :hug

Wife-- That is reassuring that your BFP at DPO 10 was the same color. DH is still not sure it is the real deal because it is so faint. I am going to test again tonight and hopefully rest his concerns. 

I love this group and all the support for each other--I will keep you posted on my progress.

Baby dust and love to everyone!:goodvibes 

surf.gif31 year-old mom with an endlessly active five-year-old boy jog.gif (6/3/08)  waterbirth.jpg  delayedvax.gif

Expecting a baby girlbabyf.gif with my husband and amazing step-dad to DS, June 2014.  stork-girl.gif 

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List