Mothering Forum banner

~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ October 2013 ~*~

20K views 505 replies 37 participants last post by  rosie2727 
#1 ·
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
October 2013

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gif
Waiting to O
whistling.gif

anthromum

mamalovehm

marcyse

NaturallyMo

mygreenestgrass

kateaton

delightedbutterfly

clarwyn

Eve Maya

Tara2BFPChart2.gif

emilyg25

girlspn

innacircle

southbaymamaBFPChart2.gif

Naturallywhole

rosie2727

headscratch.gif
Waiting to Know (2WW)
headscratch.gif

cupcake06

bettertomarry

scjp1109

louloudeer

OregonMoon

russell27

edubluv

saharaviolet

alittlemischief

zbugmama

Siuann

SunnaRising

confused.gif
WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
confused.gif

WifeofAnt

idea.gif
Waiting to be Ready
idea.gif

tinytina
MakeItSew
mareseatoats

joy.gif
~ 2013 GRADUATES~
joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!

:heartbeat
October BFP's

Katemonster128

jenjy

southbaymama chartnew.gif

Cassie86

Water Mama

claregageler

berrypavlova

ecnarwold

ladyelms

activia

September BFP's

TeaJunkie

MrsRoss

RoseMomof2boys

Dianna79

Winter2013

phunkymama1

jesepumpkin

eazar

jennmk13

heartbeat.gif
August BFP's
heartbeat.gif

MamaJen

tolovemercy

newgirlintown

Jayray

manysplinters

tantylynn

monkeyscience

brooksfam

Anaralia

heartbeat.gif
July BFP's
heartbeat.gif

pepperedmoth

runonmama

heartbeat.gif
June BFP's
heartbeat.gif

MistyNicole

pattimomma

MrsM

tabitha

cressyhoke

seattlemamma

heartbeat.gif
May BPF's
heartbeat.gif

Blanca78

jesepumpkin

JustJenny

heartbeat.gif
April BFP's
heartbeat.gif

LilyKay

Erica812

heartbeat.gif
March BFP's
heartbeat.gif

babibelli

heartbeat.gif
February BFP's
heartbeat.gif

John16n33

SparkleMaman

heartbeat.gif
January BFP's
heartbeat.gif

devilish
SuzieSmiles

biggrinbounce.gif
Waiting to Hear From You
biggrinbounce.gif

momof2trying43

anjalisa

See less See more
#5 ·
This is going to be the month for us. I have no doubt about it. This month is just too awesome to pass up, ending the first trimester right around Christmas and all. Mid-July only holds two other family birthdays, both adults. If we don't get pregnant this month (its gonna be this month, I swear!) then we have to stop TTC for a while because I am not having another August baby in the family. There are already at least 5 children's birthdays in August alone.

AF is still kind of light but I'm going to attribute that to coming off of Depo Provera. At least having AF in the right time frame means its likely I may have ovulated at the end of my last injection. I'm *probably* not going to start ovulating and stop again. I don't know when it'll happen but if I'm 10 DPO or more, I'm totally POAS on Halloween.

#6 ·
I'm with you WifeofAnt! I think I just O'd two days ago on CD10 again and it looks like our timing was pretty much perfect! It would give me a mid-late June DD and since I wanted to avoid July and Aug I am happy! Now to just wait and see
wink1.gif
I don't know what I'm going to do about trying the next couple months though...

Oh and seems like my Dr is pregnant and going on Mat leave in Dec. I am really upset at our Dr situation right now and she was the only one I wanted to deliver me, in fact at our first meeting she said she only felt comfortable with herself and one other doc delivering me based on preferences and such. Now we have a huge doctor shortage (we just lost like 8 docs in the last couple months) and not only can you not get in to see your doctor but they are changing the way you are delivered to whomever is on call... I know this is normal in other areas, but it wasn't here until recently. We have no midwives here, I think we are five hours from the closest ones and 18 hours drive from my previous ones
greensad.gif

We do have doulas though, and regardless of when we get pregnant and who we have as a doctor, I will be hiring one!

#10 ·
Delightedbutterfly - I'm not sure about getting a doula this time (I had one last time and she didn't show up until the very end, still upset, I practically paid her $150/hr for all the time she actually spent with me) but I *really* want to get into one of the local birth centers. I still have to make the call to see if they take my insurance though, we're on Tricare Reserve and its not one that is commonly listed although I think it might still go through regular Tricare. I'm pretty sure at least one of the centers is listed on our insurance website though. I'm really excited. We had to use a hospital last time so I didn't go in until I was in transition. My doctor was supposed to be there but he had too many patients go into labor at the same time, in two different hospitals. They still cut DS's cord immediately to take him off for suctioning since he passed meconium (it wasn't even on his upper body, fools, how would it get in his mouth?). Other than that and the b**ch nurse who tried to "help" me breastfeed, it was pretty nice.

Anyway, AF has picked up. Its odd to think that a heavier flow is a good thing but it reassures me that I had some kind of lining. Out with the old! Fertility Friend thinks I'll ovulate sometime between the 13th and 19th. The later dates are more likely and will give me Halloween as a possible test date. I also got tired of searching for a due date calculator so I downloaded a free app that is one of those pregnancy wheels. I can put in Day 1 (CD 1), DOC (date of conception), LMP (listed as last missed period on the app), or EDD (estimated due date) and get any of the other dates along with the traditional time frames for any prenatal testing and stuff like that. Saves me a lot of time imagining what my pregnancy calendar is going to look like, haha.

#13 ·
I have an update: I got my first smiley face on the digital OPK yesterday afternoon and this morning as well.

Also, I started cramping this morning so I am pretty certain I am Ovulating today--do you start to cramp right as the egg releases? (I am making a "timeline" chart of the sperm's life, the LH surge, and the egg release to visualize what is going on this month.

Might as well move me to the Waiting to know (2WW) group now. Really hoping this is the month!!!!

Good luck everyone!!

#14 ·
Still waiting to O! I'm on CD 5 now so I still have over a week to wait!! Just forming my game plan. Think we're gonna just DTD every other day starting on CD 11-17...then prob on 18 for good measure! Good luck everyone!! Try to stay positive!!

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katemonster128 View Post

Don't get me started on b*tch nurses who try to "help"!
She left about a half hour after that but she was grabbing DS's head like a softball and trying to force him onto the breast. I got a MUCH better nurse in the postpartum area but that first one shouldn't be working with babies for sure!

#16 ·
I am just wistful as I had had such a great experience with my midwife last time after such a horrible Dr/hospital experience with my first. My worries are not about having a Dr or hospital birth, my worries are that *I* won't be listened to. And while my DH is a great guy, he's not always on the ball when it comes to reading my mind so to say. I've heard great things about the Doula's here so I'm hopeful. We have a brand new hospital and the mat ward says it's a "birthing center" but there's no midwives here and we're in a very "mainstream" small town. I have a feeling that I will have to do a lot of advocating for my rights here depending on the doctor I end up with. While I would love to have *my* doctor back from her mat leave by the time I have the baby, I'm also not willing to put off TTCing for that to happen.

I only just found out she was pregnant and going on mat leave. She has obviously been able to hide it well. I am going to try and make an appointment with her in Nov or Dec(she's booked solid for Oct and may be away in Nov) for a med refill and discussion of options.

#17 ·
I've heard of some people having luck getting their birth plan signed and added to their chart. I don't remember if mine was signed but it was in my chart. Just keep it as simple as possible or it becomes TLDR (too long, didn't read). I need to find mine and rewrite it. Not that much is changing, haha.

#18 ·
Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well! Everything had been CrAzY for me with work the last couple weeks but I just wanted to check in! AF showed up Thursday night for me! I'm really glad I have been so busy! If someone could move me to Waiting to O I would appreciate it!
smile.gif
good luck and baby dust all!
wink1.gif

#19 ·
I'm just checking in as well. FF moved my o date after I put in todays temp. It was moved from day sixteen to day eighteen. So aggravating! We dtd on cd sixteen so I'm hoping that we caught the egg. Not feeling too positive tho. We've had this happen before and no luck. if I don't get prego this month it'll put me at six months of trying.... ARG!! Also if I need them next month I'm gonna invest in some opks. Any suggestions on brands? I'm trying to stay hopeful but its hard.

#20 ·
I have used Clear Blue Easy digital OPK's for the past two months. They are very accurate. From my research I have found that it is best to test twice a day. You should try to wait 3 hours after peeing before testing (so it's not diluted). Also, sometimes first pee is too concentrated which is why it is best to test twice a day. I love seeing the smiley face two tests in a row. Good luck!

#21 ·
Suiann & Everyone Because This Is Just So Important - They say DTD on the day of ovulation itself is actually too late because it takes the sperm too long to swim and that DTD 2 days prior is actually the BEST day if you want to conceive, with the day immediately before ovulation coming in for a close second. (Ov-Watch says there's a only a 5% chance on the day of ovulation but a 26% chance from the day before and a 28% chance for two days before.) In fact, it may even be too late if you wait for an OPK to turn positive before you DTD because many women have their surge within the 24 hours before ovulation (past the "best chance" window). You absolutely *need* to have sperm waiting and ready in the fallopian tubes before the egg is released for a realistic chance of conception.

#22 ·
I know it can vary from woman to woman, but I agree with wifeofant!! And when I was trying to get preg with 1st DD, my fertility doc said same thing about OPK's...sometimes it's too late if you wait for +OPK! He told me the ship was sailing without us! We started trying a few days earlier in my cycle and were preg within a couple of months...after 10 months of already trying diligently!

#23 ·
Hi Ladies, I've been trying to stay off this forum for my own sanity! Congrats to everyone on all the BFP's in September! I hope Octobers the lucky month for all of us! I'm on cycle day 29, I have been meaning to update telling everyone that my cycle temps seem completely wacky and I don't know when or if I ovulated. Despite the temps and negative OPK's I couldn't resist testing in the morning for the last few days! Tested this morning and thought it was a BFN then when I looked at the test this afternoon I saw the faintest of
pos.gif
! I retested this evening and got a squinter within the time limit!

http://www.canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.php?testID=37527

I'm trying to not get too excited because it's so early and the test is an internet strip. I have one more internet test and a digital that my friend gave me. I'm trying to resist the urge to POAS but I really want to go buy a FRER to confirm it. Do ladies see the line? Do you think it is too early to get a positive with the Digital? I don't want to waste $$ on more tests when I might have a baby on the way!

p.s. I also posted this in September's forum then I realized it's October already!

#24 ·
southbaymama - Maybe I'm really good at squinting but I can totally see that line. I got my BFP on a ClearBlue Easy Digital at 10 DPO with DS and, looking back, I think my line was lighter even than yours (on a FRER)! I would totally take the digital tomorrow morning.

AFM - I am totally bored. CD 2, what else is there to do? I've already purchased far too many pregnancy tests (I have 3 ClearBlue digitals and 3 FRERs hidden in my dresser), figured out the dates I will probably be fertile, figured out the range of dates my due date would fall into, contemplated how/when we're going to "break the news", and even bought some candles in hopes that some 'wish power' can help us get a little girl
:goodvibes
stork-girl.gif
. I nearly bought some pink burp cloths today (they were on clearance!) but I stopped myself. I can probably just use my old prefolds. I figured out the math and it'll cost me *far* more to use the laundromat here than it will cost to buy plain Babies R Us disposables when they go on sale (size 1 are on sale for 11.1 cents a piece at my local Toys R Us, a single load of laundry is $3.25). My parents are moving so I even had to go pick up our old baby gear from their old house. I'm going to be washing and reassembling the jumper seat, infant car seat (doesn't expire until 2016 so we're cool), bouncer, and the seat portion of the baby swing tomorrow.

Final question: What do you do with your pregnancy tests when you get pregnant? Do you wait until after the first trimester and give them away?

#26 ·
Are we really in October?? Have I really been on this thread since early spring (April??) Sheesh! Well, anyway, we are still waiting to see what's what over here. I suppose not getting pregnant at this moment isn't a bad thing since I am furloughed from work until God knows when. I'm not stressing because I know it will be worked out soon so for now I will just relax. AF is due in about 5 days so we'll see if she makes an appearance. If not, I guess I'll test and see what happens.

Let's keep up the trend of BFPs to everyone. I love hearing/reading such wonderfully happy news.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.