Higher BBT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I used to have quite a low BBT. Like off the bottom of the paper charts most of the month. This month is my first month charting my temperature since Depo Provera and my temperature today is as high as it was when I got my BFP with DS! Could it just be the remains of the shot (it is progesterone after all) artificially inflating my temperature or is my body setting a new, not extremely low, normal range? I'm pretty sure I'm not already pregnant!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Bumping for input. Anyone have info to share?

#3 of 6 Old 10-27-2013, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Need more details. What do you consider normal and what exactly is your BBT range now? How long has it been since you have gotten off of your BC?
#4 of 6 Old 10-29-2013, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Reading through TCOYF again I found that false high temperatures are a common issue when coming off of birth control. I stopped taking depo provera about a month and a half ago. My temperatures were 'low' before (96.9 cover line). They are about 3/4 of a degree higher now (although no cover line because I'm not ovulating).

#5 of 6 Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you temping orally? Some women take their BBT vaginally bc it is much more consistent than orally due to how small the heat pockets are under the tongue, and how they are easily changed if one were to sleep with one's mouth open near waking.

I say that bc vaginal temps tend to be aboug a degree higher than oral temps. My coverlines are usually always above 98°F, and my LP BBT is charted close to 99°F most months.

From what I have heard and read, your body should be ready to conceive once off BC enough to begin ovulating regularly and cycles become regular, with your luteal phase more than 10 days consistently. Other than that, don't worry too much about how high your BBT is charting.

Isn't Depo a shot form of BC that lasts for years? If it is, I am curious how you learn that it has worn off and you start ovulating again. I have heard, unless I am mixed up, that Depo shots can be effective for up to 5 years? Is it 5 years exactly or do u do something to reverse the effects when u are ready?
#6 of 6 Old 10-30-2013, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

The Depo Provera shot is supposed to be administered every 11-13 weeks, although levels don't become "undetectable" until as late as 200 days after the injection.

Quote: http://www.drugs.com/pro/depo-provera.html

Return to ovulation and fertility is likely to be delayed after stopping Depo-Provera CI. In a large US study of women who discontinued use of Depo-Provera CI to become pregnant, data are available for 61% of them. Of the 188 women who discontinued the study to become pregnant, 114 became pregnant. Based on Life-Table analysis of these data, it is expected that 68% of women who do become pregnant may conceive within 12 months, 83% may conceive within 15 months, and 93% may conceive within 18 months from the last injection. The median time to conception for those who do conceive is 10 months following the last injection with a range of 4 to 31 months, and is unrelated to the duration of use. No data are available for 39% of the patients who discontinued Depo-Provera CI to become pregnant and who were lost to follow-up or changed their mind.

The counting is a little funny, since they count from the time of the last injection but I'm just past 4 months since my last one and I figure since I'm having EWCM that it might be sort of soon-ish.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page