Spirit Baby Wisdom on TTC - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 10-23-2013, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
mamacats -- First of all, thank you for discussing my thoughts on this so kindly and respectfully. This is a tender place I'm in, the double whammy of loss and TTC emotions. It really hit me hard when I realized what was going on here, in the only space where I really talk about and process this journey. I felt really violated by this person's actions, and actually shed a few angry tears, the first in a long time.

I agree that a "donate" button isn't by itself offensive or commercial; blogs do cost money to publish. She goes far beyond that button. If you click through her "get a reading" and "ttc package" links, you see that a basic communication with your spirit baby costs $25 and an "in depth" reading is $250. Her TTC package is $150. This is a business, not just a ministry.

I will move away from this thread, because I needed to stand up for myself and others who may also find this tactic offensive, but I don't want to argue in a negative way with those who may be happy with the thread.

If it were me, and if I truly just wanted to share thoughts for these women's lost babies, I would have just started the spirit baby thread and started on that discussion. I think it could have been very positive and healing without all the cross-posting and commercial content. Hopefully, the positive elements will continue and help your peace grow.

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#32 of 37 Old 10-23-2013, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Of course my dear! Time is too short to be unkind flowersforyou.gif . Aaaahhh, see, I didn't click through all that, just zeroed in on what attracted my attention as Spirit Babies are so fascinating to me, ever since I read Peggy Vincent's Baby Catcher years ago. I saw those things but wasn't drawn there; didn't want a reading since I read for myself and not really interested in any kind of TTC package.

I am so sorry this brought you to such an emotional place and I truly felt your words when I read them. I agree wholeheartedly with you on how I, personally, would go about discussing the topic. Even if this was a faux pas on the OP's part, out of kindness, love, and respect, it would be the right thing to do to acknowledge that some of us were hurt by the way it was executed. I will step away too as now it just seems like a more neutral thread would be best and I definitely don't want to see anyone hurt. Yet more of those lessons in life we take with us, these experiences and what they hit in each of us. I will see you on the boards though! Hopefully we won't be TTC for much longer and our Rainbows are right around the corner dust.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#33 of 37 Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm sorry to everyone who suffered a loss...I don't feel like KateST is spamming or trying to profit off of anyone....She was honest and forthcoming from the beginning....Different people believe and need different things....for me it touch my soul and helped me relax and enjoy the process instead of being anxious all day...which we know doesn't help...We are all hormonal around here...which is expected its a TTC board but I think that we should all remember that and take the good and leave whatever is not applicable to the side.

#34 of 37 Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

KateST. I removed the link in your signature and a paragraph in your first post as they are both violations of our advertising guidelines. You offer a service for a fee, which you say is not your point in posting as you are. So to avoid self promotion you should avoid discussing such services or linking to your website. Sharing your "TTC info" as you are doing in your posts is acceptable and can continue as long as you avoid linking to your site and promoting your services. If you have any questions you may PM me. :)

PrimalJoy likes this.

#35 of 37 Old 10-28-2013, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Dear Sisters, The energy this thread has taken on is not an energy I wish to be in. I've asked Cynthia to please delete this thread.  For those who I was able to connect with briefly, I truly appreciate you and wish you all the best. For those who have taken offense to me for any reason, I realize there was an energetic exchange going on that has served us each in some way, no matter how uncomfortably. Maybe your anger at me was a way to start healing your grief. And perhaps my hurt and disappointment in your reaction was just a mirror being held up to my face so I can heal my own wounds. I thank you and wish you all the best as well. 

I do feel I was "supposed" to come here for a reason.

I feel now that I'm supposed to leave. 

If we are to meet again, we will. Good luck to each of you on your journey toward your Spirit Baby. ♥

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#36 of 37 Old 11-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

When members take the time to post their feelings, thoughts and opinions to further a discussion that has been started it is not appropriate for me to delete their contributions without a very compelling reason to do so. The thread will remain and the invitation to you, KateSt,, to continue your thread stands as well. Obviously many who posted to the thread enjoyed your input and feel they benefit from what you have to offer. :)

#37 of 37 Old 01-08-2014, 07:35 PM

CynthiaMosher, thanks for not deleting this thread! I found the message I really needed to hear right now. Thank you, KateSt. for sharing some spirit baby wisdom so kindly and beautifully.

partners.gif     angel2.gif Peanut, May 2013 (20 weeks)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page