Diagnosed w pcos but very very regular period and ovulation, also some blockage in left tube, going crazy, obsessing and depressing! Thoughts Please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-22-2013, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey.. we have been TTC full force for about 7-8 months now.  At times I feel like the odds are so against me and its scary.  I just turned 38 and have known for a while now that I may have endometriosis but def have been diagnosed by my OB with pcos.  I am really confused about that because as I obsessively research pcos, I cannot understand how I have this when my period is like clockwork as well as ovulation according to the OPK.  I also take metformin 1500mg for at least a year now.  All I can say is periods can be painful and heavy but never longer than 4-5 days.  Keep in mind I have been pregnant before several years ago, 22 wks, fell down stairs and lost it.  Now I also have some blockage in my left falopian tube but doctors say right is perfectly fine and I can conceive this way.  I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR THINK.  This is the most frustrating, upsetting, discouraging and depressing feeling every single month waiting and hoping to have AF show up every time, on time.. IDK how much longer I can be patient and positive.   Can anyone offer some input, advice or anything.  I'm not even sure whats next.. Should I be looking into Clomid or something or do these things have no effect in my case??  We can def not afford IVF or possibly even implantation.  Im lost, I refuse to go through life without pregnancy...

#2 of 3 Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi- I'm so sorry you are struggling. I too wonder if I have PCOS but haven't gotten a diagnoses yet. I have been ttc for 6 months and have had 2 chemical pregnancies so I know you must feel extremely frustrated. I am also 38 by the way (39 soon!)

Did the doctor give you any guidance as to what to do? Have you considered Chinese herbs or acupuncture? I am reading all about these things because I too am frustrated and wanting to find a solution. I see my OB tomorrow. I am not sure what this visit will entail...it's just the preliminary consult.

How was your PCOS diagnosed? I wonder how they confirm it.

My heart goes out to you- I hope you find some answers soon. There is nothing worse than feeling powerless over your own body.

Take care.
#3 of 3 Old 11-04-2013, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If i'm remembering  correctly, I THINK that PCOS' hormone wackiness can lead to a "false positive" with the OPKs. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page