Anyone Fighting Hormonal Imbalance? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't have much time to go into a long post right now 'cause I've got a ton of stuff to do that I should have already started on nut.gif . Just wanted to put this out there and see if there's anyone else on this board dealing with this mess mecry.gif . This started getting ultra crazy after my first m/c November 2012 then after the second in July it got worse. We're WTT right now but I'm sick of waiting and I'm sick of feeling, hm, there are no words really for how this feels. This is only my second cycle on Vitex and several of the issues I was experiencing so horribly before starting it have taken over with a vengeance today bawling.gif . I know it takes time for this herb to really get in there so that's not my concern. I did feel so, so, sooooooo much better on it the very first month of taking it though (which I wasn't expecting so was pleasantly surprised). I was reading in one of the herbal books I've got here that an exacerbation of symptoms can occur while healing is going on (for whatever, not just Vitex). Anyway, I know this is disjointed and rambly as I'm experiencing severe brain fog right now greensad.gif . Anybody out there relate?

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#2 of 3 Old 10-31-2013, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi, mamacats. I have terrible, terrible PMS normally. Is that the kind of hormonal imbalance you're talking about, or cycle irregularity? Anyway, I pretty predictably have an awful fight with DH in the week before AF. I have started Vitex and it's helped a lot! I ran out this week and am waiting for my reorder to come in... How much are you taking? I'm taking two capsules a day (at night, because that's the only time I can consistently remember to take pills). Also, did you get the fruit or the extract? I read somewhere that the extract is much better than the fruit... Anyway, I do feel your pain!

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#3 of 3 Old 11-01-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Primal! Oh man, I can completely co-sign on the predictable fight with DH a week before AF. That happened for years until we started seeing a pattern (well, DH caught it before me). Once we recognized what it was we would be on the lookout so less fights. But it got so...much...worse. I think my AF irregularities (dysmennorhea and menorrhagia), PMDD, secondary infertility, and general all around dizzy.gif all stem from hormonal imbalance. I'm certain I'm battling estrogen dominance/low progesterone and I'm sure this has been an issue for years. No one has ever been able to tell me what was wrong! So now it's gotten so bad (hot flashes, breast pain, nausea, a whole slew of other things) that I've been throwing everything at it since my last cycle. Earlier this year a friend of mine was saying to me "Hey, you shouldn't be bleeding that much!" (at the time I was losing 700+mL of fluid each cycle and passing insanely large clots; I don't believe in TMI in the TTC forum orngtongue.gif ) and that started me on my quest to figure out WTF was wrong with me. I have always had heavy periods and thought that it was some wacky variation of normal for me shake.gif . I got the flow to slow waaaaaay down to 185mL this cycle and even though that's still more than double of what I should be bleeding I'm glad to see it's getting better.

I used to get painful knots in my breasts and other places (which I started noticing when BF DS1) but like I said, no one could ever see a problem. The knots they'd come and go. This last year they've been out of control, omg the pain! Last cycle when I started taking Vitex is the first time in a year time I haven't had them (had one come back this cycle) besides when I started taking maca (got pg that cycle then lost the pregnancy same time I lost the first one, around 10.5 weeks). When I was mc'ing the second time in July I had started drinking a lot of RRL tea and holy hell, I've never been in more pain with these knots, breast pain, headaches, etc. and a idea.gif went off.

I've got bio-identical progesterone coming but can't start taking it for about another three weeks or so 'til I O again duh.gif . With the Vitex I take the extract, an alcohol tincture, 30-60 drops (depending on the brand) 3-4x a day. I built up to this dosage as I didn't want to possibly aggravate the anxiety, etc. I've been experiencing. I've been feeling like a deep fog has been lifting and it's been just amazing happytears.gif . Then this cycle started and I got my arse handed to me by the damn estro dom symptoms. So what I think I think I'm going to do is take my Vitex CD1-O then work my progesterone O 'til BFP or AF time. I feel absolutely AMAZING when I'm pg, like a totally different person, and I'm convinced it's because my progesterone is nice and high. I'm one of those annoying heffas that thoroughly enjoys pregnancy, revels in it (I get The Glow and everything lol). At least I used to be greensad.gif . I feel that good for at least a year after birth. BBL, gotta get the bath ready for the littles! Hopefully some of that just made sense as I've got so much rambling around in my head...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page