~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ November 2013 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got +OPK today. CD 18 here (so I will probably O CD19 or CD20.) that seems pretty late( it's 2days later than last month). AF should be here on dec 4th CD30. To me that just doesn't seem long enough.... 10ish days? Last month it was 15 days. I guess this cycle just wants to be crazy lol.
Do you think this will be any cause for concern at all. Still pretty new at TTC, and as you ladies know, its very easy to worry over the smallest things.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becka32 View Post

Got +OPK today. CD 18 here (so I will probably O CD19 or CD20.) that seems pretty late( it's 2days later than last month). AF should be here on dec 4th CD30. To me that just doesn't seem long enough.... 10ish days? Last month it was 15 days. I guess this cycle just wants to be crazy lol.
Do you think this will be any cause for concern at all. Still pretty new at TTC, and as you ladies know, its very easy to worry over the smallest things.

Becka - I've done a lot of reading on this topic bc my time from O to AF has predictably been 9-11 days.  I did get preggo once, but mc at 8 wks.  The true LP time (as doctors refer to it, at least) is from the LH surge (what signals your +OPK) to AF.  So "technically" if your surge is today, CD 18 and AF is on CD 30 you'd have 11-12 days.  However, that's not how anyone refers to it on the TTC sites, where LP is considered to be the time from O to AF. 

Following my chart with temps and what seems like a zillion other methods, it appears that I O later the same day or the next day from the +OPK.  I saw a post where a lady asked how long after +OPK most women O'd and the most common answer was the next day (according to temp charts and occasionally ultrasound).

Time to get busy!

Old 11-22-2013, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
So frustrated! Today is CD28 and I'm spotting...which I assume will turn into full blown AF by end of day. So a 27 day cycle when I'm always 30-31? So annoying! And also, that would make my LP 9 days (basing it on first +OPK to today). What is going on? Why does my period decide to get all effed up while TTC? Sometimes I wonder if God is trying to tell me NOT to have another baby.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 11-22-2013, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Just checking in, because I'm done with november and ready to roll into december already. CD3 and keen to move on! I have a good feeling about Dec, its the month we had originally planned to start ttc (so I guess we could consider the last few months 'practice' really, even though all the BFNs hurt) still having unpredictable cycles, but got a pos OPK on CD12 so I guess my body is working it out smile.gif

me, 25 dh, 25
awesome ds, 3
waiting and hoping on another ray of sunshine ttc #2 since 2013
Old 11-22-2013, 01:43 PM

Innacircle- thanks for the info! I wasn't sure on how much time I had from my +OPK other than the blanket 12-36 hours. I'm glad you shared about yours. I'm sorry to here about your mc. I couldn't imagine how tough it would be have that happen. How long have you been TTC and does your situation have to do with your LP? I have read that it takes about a week for implantation to occur, but I haven't researched much at all about it.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post
So frustrated! Today is CD28 and I'm spotting...which I assume will turn into full blown AF by end of day. So a 27 day cycle when I'm always 30-31? So annoying! And also, that would make my LP 9 days (basing it on first +OPK to today). What is going on?

rosie - maybe it's implantation spotting?  Timing is right for it.

Old 11-22-2013, 03:09 PM

innacircle: that crossed my mind and I got hopeful, but out of 6 pregnancies I've had so far, not one tiny bit of pre-AF spotting occurred. So I think it would be weird to start that now, but crazier things have happened. Still not getting my hopes up tho...

05/14
Old 11-22-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becka32 View Post
Innacircle- thanks for the info! I wasn't sure on how much time I had from my +OPK other than the blanket 12-36 hours. I'm glad you shared about yours. I'm sorry to here about your mc. I couldn't imagine how tough it would be have that happen. How long have you been TTC and does your situation have to do with your LP? I have read that it takes about a week for implantation to occur, but I haven't researched much at all about it.

Becka - I've been TTC for 6 cycles (just starting the 6th cycle) and that's following the mc.  The mc pregnancy was a complete surprise and totally unplanned.  My LP for that pregnancy would only have been 8 days if we conceived the exact moment we had sex!  So perhaps that played a part... unknown.  Doc said my early numbers were perfect, so she strongly suspected standard chromosome probs.  I was 39 - now 40 - so old eggs I'm sure are a part of the equation. 

Implantation is a process that takes several days.  Here's a basic rundown of the process in simplest terms.  The uterus reportedly enters its "implantation window" by being in the appropriate secretory phase around 6 days after the LH surge peak.  Timing is variable but still follows roughly the same track.

Ovulation/Day 1 - egg is released and moves from ovary to fallopian tube, egg fertilized

Days 2 -3 - fert egg moves through fallopian tubes, multiplying the # of cells

Days 4-5 - egg is released from fallopian tube and enters uterus where it is attracted to special areas that are primed for attachment

Day 6 - egg anchors to uterus wall and begins to burrow

Days 7-8 - egg burrows deeper into uterine wall and starts interacting with maternal blood supply

Day 9 - egg fully burrowed into uterine wall, a small scab-like plug forms at the site of implantation once complete

Days 10-13 egg continues growing, maturing and developing utero-placental circulation

Even knowing all that, I don't think it's scientifically established at what point in implantation the body knows that there's an embryo and not to shed the lining. I've come across some staggering figures that between 50-70% of embryos can't implant properly due to chromosomal issues.  That would yield either a normal period or what's known as a chemical pregnancy followed by a period that might be on time or a couple days late.  Hope this helps!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:01 PM

So much for hoping...AF is in full force. I'm so pissed! And now I get to host ten 10 year old girls for a slumber party tonight. At least on vacation all next week....

05/14
Old 11-22-2013, 05:38 PM

rosie - at least that cycle is behind you and you're not wasting time in a lame TWW!   I'll also posit that a certain gaggle of 10 yo girls will NOT be getting away with many shenanigans tonight!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Still sick today. I have classic cold symptoms and my sore throat has gotten gradually worse but I'm still scared it's going to turn into strep again ever though it hasn't followed usual strep symptoms.

I am having a "I don't know if I want to go through another pregnancy" moment today. I often have these when I'm sick because as I get older I don't handle being sick very well and I'm always siiiiiiick during pregnancy.

DH and I have talked about adoption a lot and I have been thinking a lot about fostering as well. I just wanted *one more baby* you know? Even though what is really missing is 1-2 people in this family. I just don't know what to do. I know I need to get healthier and I'm working on it slowly. But I've been working on it slowly for years. I need to go full force into it. I hate that I have auto immune diseases. I hate that these affect my body so much, both in getting sick and in getting pregnant. I hate that my kids ask all the time if we can have another baby, I hate that I don't have the energy to be the mom I want to be (although I know I'm a good one wink1.gif just not as great as I would like to be). I'm going through difficult times with our dog as well... And all together it's making me feel really depressed. Sorry for the long sad story but I haven't been ready to talk about it with anyone and suddenly I feel like I need to.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 11-23-2013, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Ovulating? Or at least a surge? What do you all think?

Me , DH , DS 11/11, M/C 08/13 , #2 EDD 10/11/14 
Old 11-23-2013, 03:50 PM

It's def positive. So yes...you've def detected a surge!

05/14
Old 11-23-2013, 04:21 PM

Im still waiting on my opks, hopefully they get here Monday sometime. I REALLY need to be testing, since I have no clue when I will O due to this cycle being weird for the first time EVER in my life. uggh, I hate waiting:( I really hope that m DH have low T doesnt affect things to much:( I take prenats every day, and have started taking 200 mil of B6 a day. I also have my DH on a daily vit. FX:)

EDUBLUV..that def looks like a positive, get to BDing:)

Momma of 6 beautiful boys.4 stolen, one buried, one a grown man.(20) Starting life again, TTC.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:49 PM

@Delighted- sounds like things are really overwhelming for you right now. I can definitely relate- but I want to encourage you to find some small ways in your life to put yourself first. You will feel better equipped to care for your kids, DH, dog, and to tackle this rollercoaster ride that is TTC when you are more aware of how you care for yourself. This could mean any one of a million things depending on the specifics of your life, but it is SO important- especially when it feels like everything is conspiring against you. Hugs & good luck.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
One more week till I can take a HPT again. And if it's a bfn, I'm allowed to start temping and charting again. I know that sounds weird, but I've been obsessive and it was upsetting my dh. Compromise I guess. Big problem though. All I want to do is test and he's hidden them all. Any advice in the meantime?

Sarah & DH Alan 

Our angel in heaven, DS Connor 10/2/09 to 10/5/09  
2 pups, 11 cats  and always rescuing more!  RIP Momma Furby </3
Baby #2, a GIRL!, due Nov 29th, 2014  

Old 11-23-2013, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
My AF finally is starting I'm so excited which sounds crazy but now I'm not on limbo. 10 days late and finally here. Please move me to waiting to O.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

AF is just about to start and then we can get going on this thing!  Can I please be added to Waiting to O?

Old 11-23-2013, 08:49 PM

Hello again everyone, 

I hate to be a bummer but here i am again. I had a 2nd miscarriage at halloween (9 weeks) and i have been recovering. I have a BFP on this list twice this year and i'm no farther ahead! There are still a few of you from the spring, i had a look at the list. hello! I loved the support and encouragement from the group so i'm back. I will wait until january at least as this has not been a good year for me!

Can you please put me as waiting to try

best wishes for a BFP before the holidays for all you ladies!

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Announcing baby Kayla, born October 21 2014.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:10 AM

Oh jesepumkin greensad.gif huge hugs! I was so bummed when you got the first one greensad.gif I'm so sorry you had to go through it again! Hopefully next year will have you keeping a pregnancy and holding a little one!

Old 11-24-2013, 10:45 AM

thanks delighted butterfly. on ultrasound there were some signs of a chromosome abnormality so i think it's just bad luck with egg/sperm combo. i will be celebrating new years big time! can't wait for 2014.

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Announcing baby Kayla, born October 21 2014.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:06 PM

jesepumpkin: so sorry! I've had two losses this year too. I'm starting to freak and wonder if maybe I have no good eggs left. I just keep reminding myself of all the women I know that had similar experiences and went on to have perfectly healthy babies. I don't think your DH having a few beers or a little weed will hurt anything. It sounds like he's been really good during all of this. I wouldn't worry about it.

AFM: waiting to O. CD3 now. Had horrid cramps yesterday. And now I think getting whatever had my DH acting like a big puss. Guess it's my turn to be whiny. I'm off all week tho, so I'm excited about being with my kids all week (unless I get REALLY sick). If I start feeling too crappy, my mom lives 10 mins away and is always willing to help. She even offered to keep all 3 tonight! I might take her up on it and sleep in tomorrow!

05/14
Old 11-24-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Thread Updated. I think.

I'm so crazy overwhelmed. I swear yesterday I woke up, went to work, was there for 10.5 hours (yeah, forever), and came home to go right back to bed. I'm trying to lose weight but I was only able to get just under 1000 calories in all day, almost all of them on my lunch break. Now my MIL is trying to fatten me up on pumpkin pie. Work let me out 3 hours early today (c'mon, I was actually having fun for once!) but I'm still exhausted. I set myself 3 alarms in the morning. Alarm 1 is for my BBT. Apparently I turned it off without waking up because I have to temperature and I don't remember a thing. Alarm 2 is supposed to get me out of bed. I snoozed it 5 times before turning it off. Alarm 3 is pretty much telling me that I have to get dressed and leave. Guess when I finally got out of bed? Only 3 more weeks until its 'safe' to start babymaking again, ha. faint.gif Oh yeah, and AF is back. That means I had a period 12 days after my missed appointment, then had a 11 day cycle, a 26 day cycle, and then a 16 or 17 day cycle. Still waiting to O after 2 months and 6 days!

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Old 11-24-2013, 09:15 PM

thanks rosie, of course my eggs are older then when i started with kids but i hope that's only a small factor. i appreciate the encouragement. sorry to hear of your losses too. hope you feel better soon! my mom just moved close to me int he summer and i'm soooo happy to have her to help out with the kids when i need it. 

Old 11-24-2013, 11:44 PM

Confused...

CD 14, I stopped temping on CD 10 because I woke up the next morning siiiiiick greensad.gif and I haven't been sleeping well since. The one day I did was because I cold meded myself up and then woke up puking twice greensad.gif ...

Today I am slowly starting to feel a bit better and DH and I BD'd... Tonight I went to the bathroom and noticed blood on my underwear and when I wiped it was super mucusy and there was red blood mixed in. And I feel a smidge crampy. This cold has me pretty much drowning in mucus so I don't know if my whole body is producing more or what?! I guess it could be ovulation I've just *never* had mid cycle spotting? And we wanted to avoidish this cycle...

Thoughts? I am really hoping this doesn't end up being another super short cycle and I get my period again. I can't handle that!!!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi,  can you please move me to waiting to O- af showed up today at 11 dpo.  Kinda bummed, but not totally surprised.  I'm hoping for a bfp for my birthday next month!

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm on cycle day 21 and about 6-8 dpo and boobs are very tender. Hoping its a good sign cuz my boobs started hurting at 7dpo with my first son
Old 11-25-2013, 09:58 AM

Totally have AF again! WTF!!!!! Started spotting yesterday at CD 14! And last cycle was a heavy 5 days! And I'm still sick, feeling better every day but still sick greensad.gif

Old 11-25-2013, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

My boss finally told senior management today that she is expecting. Even though I've known for weeks (besides her hubby I was the only other person who knew). I'm excited for her.

I'm still not sure when or if should test so maybe you guys can help me.  According to my app, I should have O'd on Nov 8, which means we DTD every other day from Nov 3-8.  I got a positive OPK test on Nov 20 and we DTD on Nov 17, 20, 21/22. AF is due on either Nov 27 or Nov 30.

When the heck should I test?confused.gif

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2013, 11:18 AM

Hi mamas,
This is my first cycle temping and I am trying to figure it all out. I have had EWCM for about 5 days, and finally had consistent O pains all day yesterday, but no temp rise this morning. I was pretty bummed, thought for sure I was ovulating yesterday! I am on cd 28, this is the longest it has taken. For those of you that get O pain, does your temp usually rise the next day? Thanks so much!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List