~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ November 2013 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2013, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateaton View Post

The thing is that we're also trying to sway boy, so I'm trying to time bd as close to O as possible.

Studies done on the Shettles methods show that he actually had it backwards. Intercourse further from ovulation actually results in the birth of more boys.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2013, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubluv View Post

After reading TCOYF I would trust the EWCM over the OPK any day. Personally I would not wait. EWCM is our natural OPK.
I couldn't agree more! Not sure about gender swaying though....I'd just go for it and hope for a boy. Even if you DTD at the perfect time for a boy, you might still get a girl! Lol! I would just be too scared to miss the egg. I have noticed tho that my EWCM starts about 5 days prior to O. I usually get +OPK after a few days of EWCM, so keep using those too.

Me , 38 years old; DH , 39 years old
DD - 11 , DD - 9 (both from previous marriage), and me and DH have DS - 4 .
07/04, 02/13, 10/13, 02/14,
05/14
Old 11-07-2013, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi friends, sorry to hear about some BFNs. That's always such a major bummer.

kateaton, I have no idea about boy vs girl, but I do too get EWCM for a few days before a positive OPK.

I am sooooo confused today. I am only on CD and sure enough my one true precursor of ovulation has reared its head - painful cyctic acne on my chin and everywhere. I look like a mutant. How is this supposed to signal I am fertile and attractive to anyone is beyond me :). Anyway, the reason I am confused is that before my miscarriage I ovulated around day 17 or 18, not on Day 10. What gives?? Temp is definitely still showing follicular phase.

First baby lost in September 2013.
Expecting our rainbow with our hearts wide open!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 40 October 2014
Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post

Studies done on the Shettles methods show that he actually had it backwards. Intercourse further from ovulation actually results in the birth of more boys.

Do you have any links to any of this info?  Is the higher vaginal ph theory still supposed to sway boy?  I'm planning on using baking soda before bd.  I'm not going all crazy with diet and supplements though.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Do you have any links to any of this info?  Is the higher vaginal ph theory still supposed to sway boy?  I'm planning on using baking soda before bd.  I'm not going all crazy with diet and supplements though.

Its in The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant.

Summary:
One study conducted in New Zealand asked couples to have sex on only one day during their fertile time.
Across 55 births, 90% of ovulation-day babies were girls, and only 21 percent of the babies from sex two or more days before ovulation were girls.

It might have to do with the survival of the embryo than the sperm. More male than female embryos are conceived, but male embryos are more likely to miscarry, which evens out the sex ratio by birth. That might be why day-of-ovulation babies are so much more likely to be girls: the North Carolina study found that many of these embryos were lost.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
10 DPO according to calendar, no charting. I've had a cold for quite some time that won't go away, cramping, dizziness, and nipple soreness since last night. Maybe some nausea but not enough to really bother me. Just trying to hold out on taking a test as this point because I am afraid of a bfn especially if it's too early anyway.

Kyle and Jordan - Married June 22nd, 2013

TTC #1 since October 2013.

My chart -

One loss - March 2014 (5 weeks)

BFP on June 13, 2014 - EDD 2/25/2014
First Beta at 12DPO-186. 15DPO-598!

Old 11-08-2013, 10:27 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations for pregnancy tests? Does first response actually work?

My chart -

Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm poking my head in to say hello, been a bit. I see I got skipped in the first post this month; put me at waiting to O. I'm right at CD 1. AF and a miserable cold are kicking my behind today! managed to not worry too much the past month, but also didn't DTD very much. so this month I'm going to temp, and probably get on here more. we'll see how that goes. I never manage to be very consistent with temping.

Me 31, married to Wolf since 09/10. baby #1 due May 3!

Old 11-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

Does anyone have any recommendations for pregnancy tests? Does first response actually work?
I don't know....but this was interesting: Last month I got BFP at 13dpo...I think I hadn't tested the couple of days prior tho. But what I found interesting is that I got a "pregnant" reading with a Ept digital and I thought for some reason those required a higher hcg level. But that same day my blood test quant was only 9. I read on one site that brand requires 40. Obviously that site is wrong.

05/14
Old 11-08-2013, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

First of all T.G.I.F. :thumb

Quote:

I noticed a lot of EWCM this morning, but the OPK is still negative.  This is the first time I've ever used OPK's- these are the d$llar store kind.  The thing is that we're also trying to sway boy, so I'm trying to time bd as close to O as possible.  Should I wait for a positive OPK?  I don't want to miss the egg!

kateaton - Don't wait for the OPK!  Get to it!   After reading loads of studies about the LH surge in the blood vs. when it can show up in the urine, trust the EWCM.  One doctor explained it as the EWCM opening the door to let the sperm into a "reservoir" so they'll be ready for the egg.  Sometimes the CM can dry up right before ovulation.  However, with that good EWCM, it will keep the sperm alive 3-5 days.   I am on the same CD as you (CD 16).  How long are your cycles?

Bummer to all the AFs and BFNs... gotta be a big turnaround soon!

AFM: ended up ovulating CD15 which is late for me.  Considering my 24-25 day cycle, this gives me a ridic short LP - so I made an appt with my OB/GYN for Weds.  I have no idea if that type of visit is standard practice, but I like and trust her so I'm sure we'll figure something out!  My Ovacue monitor is fantastic.  I was able to follow my estrogen surge just prior to ovulation, and then see when my hormones switched over to progesterone (signaling ovulation).  My CBFM would only have given me same-day notice of the LH surge - it confirmed it on the day I actually ovulated. 

For the temp charters out there:  Is it the temp shift that confirms ovulation?  I also charted my temps (first time) and I dipped low, then the next day rose 0.9 degrees F (on the day that the Ovacue indicated I ovulated).  Temp has stayed elevated. 

Old 11-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

kateaton - Don't wait for the OPK!  Get to it!   After reading loads of studies about the LH surge in the blood vs. when it can show up in the urine, trust the EWCM.  One doctor explained it as the EWCM opening the door to let the sperm into a "reservoir" so they'll be ready for the egg.  Sometimes the CM can dry up right before ovulation.  However, with that good EWCM, it will keep the sperm alive 3-5 days.   I am on the same CD as you (CD 16).  How long are your cycles?

Still negative OPK, but more ewcm today.  Not waiting anymore!  My temp was still low this morning so I know that I'm still good.  

I don't know my cycle length, since this is the first cycle since having dd3 almost a year ago.  I used to be around 31 days.

Married to DH, Mama to dd1 4/06, dd2 8/07, dd3 11/12 and #4 stork-boy.gif due 9/2014!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:21 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

My doctor called in some blood work tests for me and all is well, with the exception of one thing. My white blood cell count was .7 lower than the average range so I'm going to shoot him email about. Other than that, everything checked out fine.:thumb Ovaries are functioning properly, my thyroid gland is a-ok, and my prolactin levels were fine. 

So I guess we just have bad timing on the ovulation.shrug.gif Like I said before, I usually get that crampy feeling when I'm ovulating - which may explain why I'm not getting pregnant. Despite what my apps are telling me, we are probably trying too soon. I told Hubs we definitely have to go every other night for at least two-three weeks if we want a better chance at success.:wink

I have admit that I feel relieved now. Waiting on those test results and wondering if I'm ok had a me a little stressed. 

I guess it's back to the baby making over here! kewl.gif

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 11-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post
My white blood cell count was .7 lower than the average range...

NaturallyMo - this is not that commonly known but WBC counts in about 20% of the black population are often slightly lower than what is probably the "norm" you have as a reference range.  There are lots of studies on it.  I was an ICU nurse and had to be very, VERY aware of these differences for a diverse population.  Hopefully the doc will tell you all is well! 
Aside from that, I bet you are so relieved to have taken action and gotten a result (the doc and blood tests).  Now you can move on to the fun & adventurous part again! 

Old 11-09-2013, 05:32 AM

Of all the stinking days for my bbt thermometer to die!!  I took my temp this morning and when I went to check the thermometer later, it was completely dead!  CD 17 about to O any time.  

Old 11-09-2013, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Period is due today or next couple days... My lower back is sore and I don't feel crampy but heavy. The bbs stopped hurting and my skin has gotten a bit oilier but hasn't broken out as bad as usual...

My youngest has the CPox and my oldest woke with a fever and a general feeling of unwell... So I am guessing she'll end up with it by tomorrow... I've barely been out of the house for a week. I scrapped off the car for my FIL yesterday so he could go out (he's here visiting) just so I could get out of the house for some fresh air! Oh and we're on the third day of our first real snow storm of the season (a whole month later than last year) do while it's pretty it's freaking cold and icy out there! And DH is *finally* working good hours again. But it means he's gone from 645am to 715ish most days.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivewithyou View Post

10 DPO according to calendar, no charting. I've had a cold for quite some time that won't go away, cramping, dizziness, and nipple soreness since last night. Maybe some nausea but not enough to really bother me. Just trying to hold out on taking a test as this point because I am afraid of a bfn especially if it's too early anyway.
Have you caved yet? If not, when will you test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by innacircle View Post

For the temp charters out there:  Is it the temp shift that confirms ovulation?  I also charted my temps (first time) and I dipped low, then the next day rose 0.9 degrees F (on the day that the Ovacue indicated I ovulated).  Temp has stayed elevated. 
Idk! I don't temp chart but when I did years ago I never understood this either. I was never sure if I O'd on temp dip day, or on the temp rise day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturallyMo View Post

My doctor called in some blood work tests for me and all is well
That sounds encouraging! Sometimes it just takes time. Did he say anything about why your cycles are so screwy? Have you ever been checked for PCOS? Just a thought...

AFM: CD15 and I usually O on day 16 or 17. Still have lots of EWCM. Yesterday's OPK was one where I could almost convince myself it was as dark as the control line, but I think it was a shade lighter. If I don't get a clear + in next couple of days I will go back and change that result to +. This happened last month too. Either way we BD'd on CD 13 and we will today. So at least I feel like I'm doing all I can. And I'm still smoke free! 13 days and not one cig!

05/14
Old 11-09-2013, 07:42 AM

delighted: when will you test? I lost sight of the fact that it was about that time for you!

Cpox huh? That sounds fabulous wink1.gif Hope everyone gets better soon. And snow!?! Where I live we rarely get snow. If we do it's just a dusting or we end up with a few inches of ice. It's gonna be in the 60's here this wkend. DH, kids and I are road tripping today to an aquarium 2 hours away. Can't wait!

05/14
Old 11-09-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie2727 View Post

delighted: when will you test? I lost sight of the fact that it was about that time for you!

Cpox huh? That sounds fabulous wink1.gif Hope everyone gets better soon. And snow!?! Where I live we rarely get snow. If we do it's just a dusting or we end up with a few inches of ice. It's gonna be in the 60's here this wkend. DH, kids and I are road tripping today to an aquarium 2 hours away. Can't wait!
My FIL is here and we haven't told our parents we are trying. If AF doesn't show by CD 30 (CD26 today) I'll test. I have 2 FRER's hidden somewhere (I might know where they are, I might not). I stopped temping on CD 9 so I don't know how our timing would have been. We BD once in time for a CD 10 O and one really awkward time for a CD 14 O... But that was it... Wasn't trying to hard because of summer DD's wink1.gif

I'm happy about it but going crazy at being cooped up! And I love his dad but as much as I try an enjoy company it's a lot of work especially because I have celiac and he doesn't always get it (he tries super hard though wink1.gif ) and so I have to watch the kitchen like a hawk. It caused some issues at Christmas because he likes to cook, but it's 1000x easier and safer for me if I cook. He's being good about it because he does really care, but it's just extra work on top of sick kids and a husband who is still working full time 12 hours+ a day (hopefully DH will get Monday and Tuesday off to spend with his dad smile.gif ).

One good thing is that FIL is great with the kids and I trust him to drive our vehicle and in the snow so he's been letting me rest as need be and either going out visiting or he took the oldest to school yesterday (oops! I had kept her home the couple days before thinking she'd pop up sick then and hadn't so I sent her back to school feeling safe as there was a possibility she'd had a mild case of them a few years ago).

And yes snow wink1.gif it was -11*C here with the windchill yesterday which is 12.2*F... That's warm for us at winter though -15-20*C is our normal and -40-45*C (more with the windchill) is our usual coldest wink1.gif last Halloween we had 2+ feet of snow on the ground and with the windchill it was ~ -20*C wink1.gif We're in the Northern part of a Canadian province wink1.gif it's lovely though, beautiful and when it does stop blue skies forever! Which beats the southern part of our province where it was rainy and grey year round (but warmer and I wore capris and sandles year round).

Old 11-09-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Have you caved yet? If not, when will you test?
Idk! I don't temp chart but when I did years ago I never understood this either. I was never sure if I O'd on temp dip day, or on the temp rise day...
That sounds encouraging! Sometimes it just takes time. Did he say anything about why your cycles are so screwy? Have you ever been checked for PCOS? Just a thought...

AFM: CD15 and I usually O on day 16 or 17. Still have lots of EWCM. Yesterday's OPK was one where I could almost convince myself it was as dark as the control line, but I think it was a shade lighter. If I don't get a clear + in next couple of days I will go back and change that result to +. This happened last month too. Either way we BD'd on CD 13 and we will today. So at least I feel like I'm doing all I can. And I'm still smoke free! 13 days and not one cig!

I haven't caved yet. I've been extremely nauseous since last night with a terrible migraine so I pretty much just went home and died in bed lol. I am afraid to test because I read somewhere that 50% ish of conceptions end in miscarriages so I don't know if I want to see a positive and then see it go away.... so not sure yet. I am guessing I will cave before my doctors appointment next week which is scheduled for the day that AF starts. I kind of want to have an idea before a doctor tells me. 

Great job on not smoking, I am sure that has to be difficult with all the stress that comes along with TTC. 

My chart -

Old 11-09-2013, 11:03 AM

Alivewithyou: don't want to get ur hopes up, but those all sound like early symptoms to me: cold symptoms, nausea, sore nips, awful headache, dizziness....and can't recall if it was you or not, but aren't you still having EWCM? I'd test! Sorry! I know I'm not helpful smile.gif

05/14
Old 11-09-2013, 11:38 AM

The ewcm dried up again.

Anyway, I caved and took a test.. husband got me all excited lol. It was just a cheap 88 cent one and it was for sure a BFN. I'm not too worried yet because it is still pretty early. Just annoying that I can feel this crappy and still have a negative test.

My chart -

Old 11-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
@rosie2727 actually I wondered if I may have had pcos but he doesnt seem to think so. I think my screwy cycles may be due to me coming off of bcp and planning a huge wedding then jumping into overdrive on baby making. We may just really need to do better with timing when we DTD and relax

Me (32) - DH (38) - DS (6) - Baby Boy born 11/4/2014 at 33 weeks and 1 day - Atlanta, GA

I blog: allthingsandlife.blogspot.com
Old 11-09-2013, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So it's sooo long!!! Lol Okay I have a question for all you moms out there and yes I know it's not on subject bout ttc but I know I can get some advice. Okay my son is 3 well wil be 3 in dec. but anyway he goes to an allergist once a yr. last year my son was prescribed singular and Zyrtec when I got home I looked at the dosages and stuff and they were right. Well last nov he got prescribed more from the doctor. The singular was prescribed for 10mg. And Zyrtec was prescribed 1/2tsp which is right. I looked up the so singular and 10 mg is for 15 yrs and up. 4mg is for 2 to 5 yr. so that was way overdosed. Now he went bk to allergist for his check up. And got his prescriptions. And now I told the doc about his singular from last yr which I did not give him at all cuz way overdosed. And so be agreed and gave him 4 mg which is right. And his Zyrtec is for 1tbsp. I didn't feel right bout that and so I looked it up and his weight and age is 1.5 Tsp. so wayyyy over dosaged again!! So we called poison control cuz I just gave it to him and they said that's its way over but he will be fine he will pretty much have a hangover and not to give it to him. Soooo my question is what do I do?? This has happened twice by same doctor. I'm very upset because if I wasn't cautious about medicine for my son and just gave him both things overdosed he could be really hurt. And te pharmacist said it was prescribed that way. I need advice what I need to do. Sorry sooo long
Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 AM

Can just a cold delay ovulation?  I'm on CD 18 and still no O.  I have a moderate cold with no fever- I just feel crappy.  Would this delay things?

Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:

Can just a cold delay ovulation?  I'm on CD 18 and still no O.  I have a moderate cold with no fever- I just feel crappy.  Would this delay things?
If this is your first cycle in a long time, then who knows what to expect. I doubt it's the cold....I'd guess it's just that your cycles are resuming and still regulating. How many days have you had EWCM? It can be normal to have for 5 days before O even happens. Say you O tomorrow...you could have around a 33 day cycle which is still considered "normal". Just be patient!! And keep BD'g!!

05/14
Old 11-10-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjp1109 View Post

So it's sooo long!!! Lol Okay I have a question for all you moms out there and yes I know it's not on subject bout ttc but I know I can get some advice. Okay my son is 3 well wil be 3 in dec. but anyway he goes to an allergist once a yr. last year my son was prescribed singular and Zyrtec when I got home I looked at the dosages and stuff and they were right. Well last nov he got prescribed more from the doctor. The singular was prescribed for 10mg. And Zyrtec was prescribed 1/2tsp which is right. I looked up the so singular and 10 mg is for 15 yrs and up. 4mg is for 2 to 5 yr. so that was way overdosed. Now he went bk to allergist for his check up. And got his prescriptions. And now I told the doc about his singular from last yr which I did not give him at all cuz way overdosed. And so be agreed and gave him 4 mg which is right. And his Zyrtec is for 1tbsp. I didn't feel right bout that and so I looked it up and his weight and age is 1.5 Tsp. so wayyyy over dosaged again!! So we called poison control cuz I just gave it to him and they said that's its way over but he will be fine he will pretty much have a hangover and not to give it to him. Soooo my question is what do I do?? This has happened twice by same doctor. I'm very upset because if I wasn't cautious about medicine for my son and just gave him both things overdosed he could be really hurt. And te pharmacist said it was prescribed that way. I need advice what I need to do. Sorry sooo long
I'd just call the dr and verify. Tell them you're worried the pharmacy did it wrong and after looking online it seems like he has a high dosage. If they say it's correct, then just ask why. Or just point blank ask why he has such a high dosage.

05/14
Old 11-10-2013, 09:21 AM

Scjp: I'm shocked at both the Dr and the pharmacist. The pharmacist should have caught it too and called the Dr to verify! Now that being said their are times that Dr's will prescribe a higher dosage of something for someone for various reasons. I agree about calling them ASAP to verify or get another prescription sent to the pharmacy you usually use. If it was an error then I'd consider looking for a new allergist greensad.gif

AFM: one kids is on the downhill side of CPox, the other is sick but hasn't shown up spotty yet (chance she had it already). I'm going cabin fever crazy. My DH is working long hours and weekends (he is supposed to get the next two days off) my FIL is here and while I like company I don't do well with it. It reminds me of why I was stressed and on edge all the time back home. And MIL (who moved to our town) has been over a lot (yes they are divorced but they have boundary issues and "date on and off" before she breaks his heart again) is literally driving me to want to drink... I don't care if they are here but I likey space. And they sit in the living room the entire day with the TV on and because the kids want to be with them there's a mess everywhere. *deep breaths*! I tried to get out to go to a craft fair yesterday and MIL tagged along, didn't bring cash so I had to keep lending her mine and I didn't get to buy really anything and she kept running into people from work so I missed half the show. But I got her Xmas gift and she bought mine (fine with me that we both picked out our own!) so at least I got one thing crossed off...

Ok now that that rant is over wink1.gif it's CD28 here... 26 is my average length (and my progesterone cycles seem to be shorter) and 30 is my longest counted cycle this year (there was that 55 day weird one but I hadn't taken my progesterone and we were traveling and stressed)... My back hurts and the bbs hurt on and off. And I'm tired but I'm also not sleeping... Didn't temp or chart really this month, who knows how BD was timed... Kinda feel like I wanna test but I know I should hold off until at least Tuesday of not Wednesday?

Old 11-10-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:

If this is your first cycle in a long time, then who knows what to expect. I doubt it's the cold....I'd guess it's just that your cycles are resuming and still regulating. How many days have you had EWCM? It can be normal to have for 5 days before O even happens. Say you O tomorrow...you could have around a 33 day cycle which is still considered "normal". Just be patient!! And keep BD'g!!

You're probably right.  I'm just feeling impatient right now.  I had 3 days of ewcm, but today it's just wet (tmi).  Anyway, I guess this could take a while.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

7 dpo, of course I peed on a stick the am with fmu, saw a faint, faint line, was probably an evap tho.... no way a line should or would show up this early.it did show up as soon as I put urine on it tho....... I always O 14 days after AF, my body is like clock work, so the surprising line wouldnt be from o'ing earlier.... however, having said that, I hope its the start of something an this is our month:) Our first real motnh trying, and would love a July baby:) Will be testing again tomorrow with fmu. My DH keeps saying, can you pee on another one yet? Lol, poor guy is so excited:)

Momma of 6 beautiful boys.4 stolen, one buried, one a grown man.(20) Starting life again, TTC.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:11 PM

Took an early pregnancy test.. AF starts Wednesday. I think it was a BFN and dh is trying to convince me he saw a faint line. Not feeling too confident about this month anymore.

My chart -

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List